Start by marking “Deadly Games (Dallas after Dark, #2)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Games (Dallas after Dark, #2)

Deadly Games

(Dallas after Dark #2)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  53 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
ONE NIGHT ONLY

Special Agent Katherine Bowden doesn’t do girls’ nights out. She doesn’t do blazing hot dances with male strippers or unbelievable, uninhibited one-night-stands. If you ask her ex, all she does is work: study evidence, profile criminals, track them down. And now Katherine’s back home in Dallas, with a new set of all-male colleagues second-guessing her every m
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 290 pages
Published July 17th 2018 by Lyrical Liaison

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Games

Elaine
WOW! As I'd suspected, this is a hot, dangerous romance, packed with suspense and intrigue. I had thoroughly enjoyed reading 'Dangerous Moves', the first book in this series, and couldn't wait to read this sequel, though for those of you who haven't read the first book, I believe it will work well as a standalone, too.  It is about learning to trust, dreaming big and striving to succeed despite the odds (and people) against you.

The hero had his dreams of being a policeman crushed whilst a teenag
Madm007
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
💚💙I love this Dallas After Dark series. This is the 2nd book and can stand alone with it's own HEA.
Wow, I fell right into this book at the prologue and it kept me hooked right to the end. Classed as a Romance it has some heat, but it is definitely mystery, intrigue, and action, along with that love.
Katherine is a driven FBI agent out for a much needed relaxing evening, when she gets singled out by a sexy dancer named Nash. Their chemistry is pretty intense, but they have another link which puts
Helen
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a story that grabbed me from page one, it is fast paced, action packed and I loved it, I met Nash in the first book in this series and loved getting to know him better in his book and bring on special FBI agent Katherine Bowden, who is married to her job, she has just been through a divorce and is after a serial killer, so let the fun begin as Nash and Katherine come together through danger and a sensual ride to a beautiful future.

Katherine never goes out and parties but her friend Megan
Jess Lawson
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Deadly Games is the second book in the Dallas after Dark Series by Karen Rock. I am loving these agents dirty sides we get to visit at the Dallas Heat Night Club. This book had some twist and turns but I figured out our bad guy early on. To me some of the earlier mentioned things about him just added up a little but to soon. This intense book takes us on a journey of finding a sadistic murder who tortures women because they went out partying with friends. Blondes' in particularly. Agent Bowden l ...more
Becky
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. Good fast read. The premise is interesting, the only thing that would have made it better is if it was longer. It seemed rushed especially the character development. I would be very interested in reading more from this author.
Ashley
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A bit predictable with the killer and nothing really crazy with the plot twists. So I do wish it had more mystery to it than it did.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily reviewing.
Sherry Bohrmueller
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Deadly Games is one fantastic story! It was full of suspense and the words were jumping off the pages. The intense story will pull you in right at the Prologue. The characters were excellent and believable. This one is my favorite so far.
Book Him Danno
May 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Deadly Games is part of a series called Dallas After Dark. The story starts off with sex between two strangers. Nash Hawkins decides that after seeing Katherine Bowden from a distance she is the woman for him. The story is very predictable from the romance to the killer at the end of the story.
The author repeats the line "Arrogant, Cocky, egotistical man" in different areas of the book even if the words are moved around it is the same line with the same outcome.
The killer is obvious from the sec
Lola
I received a free copy of the book through Netgalley and am voluntarily reviewing it.

I really enjoyed the first Dallas After Dark book and started this one with high expectations. While Deadly Games is a great read, there sadly were a few things that didn't work as well for me. i did really liked Nash and the romance was well done too.

Deadly Games starts with a creepy prologue of a women captured in a dungeon by a serial killer who tortures her, the scene ends before you figure out if she makes
Bette Hansen
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Deadly Games is the second book in the Dallas After Dark series. If you haven't read the first book you will have no problem reading this one as a standalone. After enjoying all the action filled and steamy pages of this book you will definitely want to go back and read book one Dangerous Moves. In this book we meet Special Agent Katherine Bowden. She's a profiler and tends to get completely absorbed by her cases. That doesn't leave much time for any type of relationship. The she meets Nash Hawk ...more
Debbie
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book.

This is book two in the Dallas After Dark series, but I have not read book one, Dangerous Games. I would like to, though. You don't NEED it, I don't think, I didn't feel I was missing anything by not having read it, but I would like to read Reese's story, she's the owner of the strip club here.

FBI Agent Katherine is out on a girls night out after her divorce in the male strip club, Dallas Heat. Nash is their star perfor
Lynn Brooks
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 STARS!

Riveting from the first page! With the second book in her Dallas After Dark series, Karen Rock takes us back to the sultry nights of the Dallas Heat male strip club. We recognize several of the characters from the first book in the series, and get down and dirty with Nash Hawkins fairly quickly! The start of the book draws us into the terror that is about to strike, then we're electrified with sexual tension when Nash and Katherine cross paths for the first time before joining forces
Chanel
As with the first book in "Dallas After Dark" series, the author does a good job balancing the police investigation with the romantic heat between the main characters, which is what I seek in a Romance/Suspense genre. The backdrop for the story line is "Dallas Heat", the hottest strip club in town, owned by Reese from book 1. It's a typical night at work for the headliner, Nash, until a beautiful lady in a conservative navy suit captures his attention. After a few drinks, and a push from her fri ...more
Whispers From
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Katherine is a divorced FBI agent on the hunt for a serial killer. When she was in school, her best friend was taken and Katherine was attacked but saved by her friend. She’ll do anything to catch this killer. He is taking young, blonde, petite women. Her friends talk her into going to a strip club where she meets Nash. Nash is a private investigator and stripper. He wants to go to the police academy but failed the interview section years ago. When a friend of Nash’s goes missing he asks Katheri ...more
Kim Owens
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Deadly Games is the first book I have read by Karen Rock, but it won’t be the last. I did not realize that it is the second book in the series until I had finished reading, so that is the perfect indication of what a great stand-alone it is.
Suspense/psychological thrillers are my favorite genres, and this book really checked all the boxes for me.
The protagonist, a kick-ass FBI agent, Katherine, has seen her share of horror in both her personal and professional lives.
Nash, a super sexy strippe
Ani
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first intro to Karen Rock. This is the second book in the series but can be read as a stand-alone.

Her writing is steamy and has you fanning yourself. It also has you gripped and searching for answers. Katherine is a strong independent character looking to better the world by ridding it if serial killers. Nash is a man who made mistakes but is working towards a dream. They make a great team, in and out of bed, and you are stuck to their partnership through the whole book.

That said I s
Gin
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a new author to me and I'm please to say that I love her writing. This is an exciting romance suspense with all the elements for a good read. The characters jump off the pages and have you rooting for them. I especially like strong, sexy heroines and Katherine is spectacular. A kicka$$ FBI agent and beautiful to boot! What a combination. And our hero Nash is all that you would expect a hero to be. Resourceful, smart, sexy, loyal and hot, hot, hot. A PI and a stripper after dark. Again, w ...more
Sarah Lehman
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Deadly Games is the 2nd book in the Dallas After Dark series though it can be read as a stand alone book. This book focuses on Nash Hawkins & Agent Katherine Bowden.

I loved this story & was hooked from the start. Katherine meets Nash at the club, when she is out with some girlfriends celebrating her divorce. Her ex complained that she was all business, too serious & only focused on her cases. Her girlfriends told her all about Nash, who has moved on from his dream of being a law enf
United Indie Book Blog
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Action packed! I had been looking forward to this second book in the Dallas After Dark Series. Nash is such an awesome character. He literally sweeps Katherine off her feet. He gave her a lap dance on stage during his show. He broke his rule of dating an audience member.
I love the chemistry between Katherine and Nash. They work together to figure out what is going on in her case.
I really like Nash's Grandfather. He is a strong example for Nash to follow. Their Native American heritage is well p
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nise'
FBI Agent Katherine has returned to Dallas and is putting up with being one of a few women in the office. She decides to go out with the girls and meets Nash at the club. He only wants to be a cop but a stupid mistake may have taken that dream away. His private investigation business is slowly taking off. They decide to work together to catch a serial killer targeting women leaving a club by themselves. This case is bringing up issues from Katherine's past. Nash is very helpful that Katherine en ...more
Jo
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a really enjoyable read.  I really thought that the author did a good job with the character development for both Nash and Katherine.  I enjoyed seeing Katherine loosen up - with Nash's help of course.

The pacing drove the story forward - there was no bogging down in detail or back story, and although you may have an inkling of who the bad guy/girl may be, even if you do work it out, I don't think that it detracts from the overall satisfaction that you get from reading a good book.

I volun
Kathy
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just found this series and am so glad I did. Deadly Games is a gripping tale of a serial killing in Special Agent Katherine Bowden’s’ home town of Dallas. This case is personal to Katherine and she vows to solve it – hopefully before another murder. When Katherine meets Nash, she sees him more than just a stripper at Dallas Heat, she finds the partner in solving this hideous crime. But will they be too late before another woman becomes the sociopath’s next victim.
Great writing from Karen Rock
Sandra Whittiker
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Deadly Games (Dallas After Dark)

Katherine and Nash was the perfect pair to not only to bring out the best in each other but also burn the sheets while trying to find a series killer. It sure was a mind twisting read to see where everything was going, However, Nash was a brilliant detective and was the perfect puzzle master, while Katherine was the professional FBI Profiler. Fantastic combination!!!
Kelly
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-challenge
Riveting

Nash and Katherine's chemistry was palpable from the get go. It was fun to watch their story and love for one another unfold in the midst of the Last Call Killer case. And, what a case! Edge of your seat stuff! Very good read! I highly recommend! I'll be looking for more by Karen Rock!
Marissa
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads Kindle Win Copy

Special agent meets rookie recruit as they go undercover. Breaking rules and falling in love as each makes each other better despite their issues, Falling for each other is not a part of the program but life is meant to be broken.

The chemistry is smoking hot between them as they face danger. Being in law enforcement is not ann easy job.
Beverly S
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow this story starts off with a bang. I couldn't help but be caught up in the story line. Trying to help the victim. This was an even better story than the first book in this series. I cant wait to read more.
Margaret Yelton
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I won this book as a Good reads giveaway. My first book by this author but certainly will not be my last. A compelling book that kept me turning the page. I would definitely recommend this book to my friends.
Theresa Brezden
Deadly Games (Dallas after Dark, #2) by Karen Rock is the perfect mixture romance and suspense. A "can't put it down" book that won't keep you awake at night because it's too spooky. Can't wait to ready more Dallas after Dark.
Coral
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Plot: 4/5
Characterisation: 5/5
Prose: 3/5
How much I enjoyed it: 4/5
Goodreads Librari...: How do I add my cover to Deadly Games? 2 17 Mar 18, 2018 10:40AM
Karen Rock is an award-winning YA and adult contemporary author. She holds a Master of Fine Arts in English and worked as an ELA instructor before becoming a full-time author. Her Harlequin Heartwarming novel, A LEAGUE OF HER OWN, has won the 2015 National Excellence in Romance Fiction Award and the 2015 Booksellers Best Award. Her Heartwarming novel, WISH ME TOMORROW, has won the 2014 Gayle Wilso ...more

Dallas after Dark (3 books)
  • Dangerous Moves
  • Reckless Deceptions (Dallas After Dark, #3)