Start by marking “Assassins Vengeance” as Want to Read:
Assassins Vengeance

Assassins Vengeance

(The English Assassins #2)

** Please do not rate this book until you have read it. Please use the "Want to Read" button instead **

Spies. The best unreliable narrators that money can buy…

Eva and her fractured team are on the run, desperate to find answers and uncover who has betrayed them from within the shadowy government organisation known only as the Section.

Evading assassination in Berlin and Pra
Published January 14th 2018 by Saxon Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Assassins Vengeance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Assassins Vengeance

Phrynne
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 5000-books
This was very enjoyable but also very much a middle book, a bridge between the amazingly exciting first book in the trilogy and the (I hope) gripping finale of the last.

So it was good but not especially exciting. Eva and Alex with their trusted associates made their way across Europe barely one step ahead of their pursuers. They learn a lot as they go and the reader does too. This is a book which establishes the who and why and sets everyone up for what has to happen.

These are such excellent,sho
Brenda
On the run, Eva Delacourt’s focus was on keeping Alex safe – and staying alive. She knew the Section, the government body charged with keeping Eva and Alex alive, had failed them. Eva also knew she could no longer trust them – but was there anyone in the organisation left to trust?

Assassination attempts; gruesome murders; and evil – all were nipping at Eva’s heels. Could she continue to escape those who were after them? Eva was exhausted, but knew to give in to the emotions would be to show weak
Richard
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
The second book in the trilogy. Bridging the exciting opening story with the runaway train climax of the concluding part.
At times it has the smells of a wonderful stew slowly simmering on the back hob. But it does seem to be that safe transition to keep the tension ticking over.
More betrayal and speculation as to the allegiance of those at the top of British secret service. The emergence of the “Bond villain” and his dastardly plans of revenge and world domination.
At times it seems like a coach
Eva
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cor, this story is not letting up or giving you a chance to breathe!

In case you were wondering, no, you can’t read this as a stand-alone and it’s obviously quite hard to review this since it’s basically the middle section of a book and pretty much anything I can tell you will be spoilers for the previous episode.

Eva is on the run, trying to keep herself and Alex safe, while also attempting to figure out who’s after them. But traveling around Europe, it seems someone is a step ahead of her and th
Ellen
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After the bombshell that was dropped at the end of Assassins Hunted I wasn’t prepared for the further truth bombs that are revealed as soon as Assassins Vengeance began! Suddenly Eva, Nathan and Decker are responsible for not only the safety of another child but the protection of the world from a megalomaniac who is hell bent on releasing a bioweapon. Maxim Kowalski is a Russian scientist plotting to release a plague and watch the world’s governments blame each other while millions die in agony. ...more
Dee-Cee  It's all about the books
Assassins Vengeance is book two in the English Spies Mystery Series from Rachel Amphlett and follows the story of Eva Delacourt. I don’t recommend reading this as a stand alone, you definitely have to read book one, Assassins Hunted to follow the story but believe me you wont be disappointed.
Assassins Vengeance carries straight on from book one and thank goodness for that as we were left hanging on a real OMG moment, but I really wasn’t expecting the shocks that were in store for me in this seco
Dave
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amphlett's stories are always gripping and hard to put down. Well-crafted plots and believable characters.
Reading the Assassins trilogy is a must. Two out of three isn't going to satisfy.
Collect all three!
I had the pleasure of being one of her Advance Copy readers, and what a Christmas it was!
Janine
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fast paced and exciting
Cindy Mansfield
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
The trilogy is getting better. now to find out who the real traitor is
Grace J Reviewerlady
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I know that Rachel Amphlett writes fast and furious novels, but still it takes my breath away when, from page one, I'm plunged right back into the heart of the action and - as this is the second book in this series - all the details of the first come flooding back!

This one advances the story considerably. We, the readers, find out a bit more about the past leading up to the events in book one and doubts about who to trust in the 'Section' begin to appear. Who to trust? Who's doing the back stabb
Jen
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-challenge
Assassins Vengeance is the second part in a three part series of novellas from author Rachel Amphlett. Released over three successive weeks, this episodic thriller is both brilliant in concept and execution. Part one Assassins Hunted introduced the central protagonist, Eva Delacourt, and the circumstances which has seen her on the run from a mysterious government agency known as Section, alongside computer geek Nathan and a young six year old boy. If you want to know a little more about that boo ...more
Cathy Ryan
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5*
Continuing straight on from Assassins Hunted, Eva, Decker, Nathan and Alex are on the run, but they’re being outmanoeuvred by their enemies, who will stop at nothing – torturing and murdering anyone who stands in their way. Despite this, there’s still everything to play for as Eva and her friends become accountable for another addition to their little group. As they learn more of what’s at stake, their mission becomes ever more dangerous and imperative. Eva is still unsure who is behind the
dennis barron
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Assassin's Vengeance. Rachel Amphlett

Eva works for a covert agency deep inside the many blankets of secrets , extremely well keep. Or rather she used too. Now she's being hunted. She has two small children who are part of a sinister mystery she will protect at all costs. Her only adult companions are an analyst and an older dear friend who happens to be an assassin. He's very protective of her and is helping keep everyone alive and safe. For now. This is a fantastic, thriller extraordinaire!! Ca
Debbie
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Run, Run, Run

Who to trust. Being a special agent or an operative is not an easy job. Sure they travel a lot and kill people but there's always some deception. Who do you trust not to put a knife in your back or shoot you dead without a second thought. Still running around the country trying to avoid killers, Eva, Nathan, Decker and the twins try to find some answers. I wouldn't recommend taking kids on this kind of vacation. This is the second book in the series, just as good as the first.
David
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Look out Kay Hunter, there is another bad ass woman in the action adventure world. I am privileged to be an Advanced Copy Reader, and I absolutely devoured all three books. For the rest, you will have to suffer waiting for the second and final installments to be published. Rachel Amphlett, you have done it again. Another wonderful and believable character, and solid story. Thank you
Darcy
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, e-book, spies, thriller
With this book we learn more what Eva is protecting. It stunned me that a person could be that stupid to make those mistakes with things that should be so precious. I was glad that all parts came together and they figured out most likely what was going on. Now to get to the bottom of things and get rid of the bad guys.
Mrs Judith Taylor
Brilliant read

This is the second book in this series can't wait for the next one. A really exciting and well written book which keeps you guessing and holding your breath. It's a fast paced book with plenty of twists and turns. I suggest you read the first book before this one so you know the character and some of the story.
toni pfeifer
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short sweet and entertaining!I

The second of three is often more of a setup for the finale,then a story. Not so here. The second book is better,and written with more flow than the first and very entertaining.
Jill Stirling
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting short read. This one keeps the action going. The plot thickens.
David Berkley
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gives just enough.

There is enough action and intriguing plot to keep you reading to the next book. Not sure what will happen.
Graeme
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Brillant continuation of Book 1. Everything I liked about book one continues with this one so I won't bother repeating myself.

Just go out and get this series...you won't be disappointed.
Myshelle
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Summary from me on series 1
Ingo
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: preordered, own
Longer review with the third book, for the series.
Ok, twisted, but that is expected.
Recommended, even more so, than the third book is published (pre-ordered, should be published January 21th, 2018 wrong date, corrected).
Rubina
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
*4.5 stars*

A little less twisty than the last book, but amazing book nonetheless!

*for detailed reviews, check out www.rubinareads.com *
Ken Zealand
Jun 08, 2018
Matthew
Mar 22, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
USA Today bestseller Rachel Amphlett writes crime fiction and spy novels, including the Kay Hunter British detective series, the Dan Taylor espionage novels, the English Spy Mysteries featuring Eva Delacourt, and a number of standalone crime thrillers.

Rachel is a member of International Thriller Writers and the Crime Writers Association, with the Italian foreign rights for her debut novel, White G

The English Assassins (3 books)
  • Assassins Hunted