Start by marking “Whispers of my Skin” as Want to Read:
Whispers of my Skin

Whispers of my Skin

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  77 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
That’s what they say, right?
Well, I guess it must be true because I’m desperate.
And I’m about to take desperate measures.
That’s why I’m standing at his door, preparing to face him. Even though we are no longer what we used to be. Even though he doesn’t love me as he once did.
The girl he loved is no more, she vanished.
So did he.
Bo
ebook
Published April 11th 2018 by Susana Mohel

To ask other readers questions about Whispers of my Skin, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Sarah  (sarahandherbookshelves)
*Arc Received for review*
3.5 Stars!!

Whispers of My Skin is Tara and Joel’s love story. These two met as teenagers when Joel worked for Tara’s father but sadly events that happened in their lives tore these two young lovers apart. Twelve years later Tara needs someone to help her run her fathers ranch as it has had nothing but troubles since she took over. Tara goes to Joel and asks him to run the ranch. Joel agrees… but Tara must marry him.

This book was quite the ride! Full of action, some suspe
Kelly Williams
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received and ARC for this book. What a good second chance Love Story. Fermin was hysterical!!! A lot of twists and turns in this read. Tara and Joel were hot. Joel’s alphaness at certain times annoyed me like when he was against her pursuing her dreams other that I loved that these two characters never stopped loving each other!! Great read!!
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
Apr 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: review-copies, arcs
*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review*
I don't even know where to start with this novel. I haven't disliked something so much in a long, long, long, time and it bums me out to have to revisit all those negative feelings for this review.
But I have to since I've waited long enough to fulfill my reviewing promise.
As soon as I saw the cover to this novel, I became obsessed with it. I had to have it in my hands as soon as possible and I couldn't request it fast enough! I was so excited for i
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-arc-reads
In the dedication of this book, the author states "enjoy the ride" and it was a ride indeed! I was very torn on whether to give this book 3 or 4 stars, so I am giving it a solid 3.5! I really did enjoy how this story unfolded and how the main characters developed despite their initial introduction.

"Our beginning was written in the stars, but our ending has never been revealed. Until now."

This is a second-chance romance with lots of twists and turns. Tara is desperate to save her family's ranch,
Bibliophile  Chloe
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another new to me author and I love it!

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith - 2 Timothy 4:7

Loved how this verse sets the tone of the whole story.

Whispers of My Skin is the story of Tara and Joel and what a story it is.

Tara is dealing with a world of hurt on her shoulders and you get glimpses of something more that is going on with her, but you don't really know until Susana decides to share it with you and she does so spectacularly.  Tara knows what her f
Kelsey Buriedinabook_k Lehman
Shelves: arc
Well, that was nothing like I was expecting.... and I loved it. Such a great take on a country/western romance. There is always some kind of mystery or unanswered question lingering throughout this book. I was definitly captivated the entire time, sitting on the edge of my seat.

And can we talk about Joel....mhm he is definitly alpha cowboy while showing his vulnerability at the right times. You know what they say... "save a horse, ride a cowboy."

Tara is a different kind of heroine too. To me she
Clarissa
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A true story of second chance; It does not matter how much Joel and Tara went through their love was always present. A story that catches you from the beginning and you can not stop reading. Joel is a 100% sexy cowboy who dominates everything in his step .. Tara I loved his strength and determination.

This story teaches us that no matter what circumstances life presents us with, we must always fight for what we want, it does not matter if at first it does not turn out to be the right moment and
Chloe reads
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
3,5 cowboy stars

(Review to come)
Brittany Elliser
Apr 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Whispers of my Skin was a slow burn, friends to lovers book featuring Tara and Joel. They haven't seen in each other in awhile but as fate would have it, they are back in each others lives. And to make it even better- a true southern Cowboy read - who doesn't love a cowboy rancher!

I did enjoy this book- the beginning did a great job of leaving just enough intrigue to keep you reading. You have to know what could events could have possibly transpired that has left Tara in the predicament she is i
Xenia | AnObsessionwithBooks

I loved the storyline. It was so captivating that once I started reading it I couldn’t stop. There were so many unexpected twists that happened that there was no way I could stop. Add suspense and mystery to a romance book and I’m done for.

I really liked Joel and Tara. I enjoyed reading about them and their journey of falling in love again after. And of course we can’t forget Fermin! He is amazing!! Ever
Katy Birch
Apr 07, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

There were many great parts of this book. The reunion was very bittersweet and made you want to read more. The attraction between the characters came across well.

For me, the constant hot/cold love/hate, it kind of gave me whiplash. I think a prologue of the past would of benefitted the story instead of the snippets throughout to give you better insight.

It definately has potential though.
MellysBooks
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book, it had so many obstacles that Tara and Joel had to get through.
Their story is full of suspense, drama, yet so much love between the two. They were meant for each other.
So many times through this book it had me thinking, "Oh my, can they really get through this?"

Joel is an alpha male who gets things done his way. The perfect book boyfriend.
& Tara is a spitfire that doesn't let herself get pushed around.

Can these two get their second chance and learn to lean on ea
Katie Busch
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
It's such an amazing book. I loved every second. Second chance romance with mystery intertwined. The back and forth between the two main characters is just right. I was lucky enough to receive a advanced review copy.
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 3,7 / 5 stars

"So I am right, there was unfinished business between the two of you. Well, as I always say, save a horse, ride a cowboy, especially a smokin’ hot one.”

My first ever Susana Mohel book. I'd like to say I feel in love with her writing but it wasn't the case and I'm not one to lie. The story had a lot going for it though.
There was so much feeling and chemistry between these two, there were crazy things happening, secrets being uncovered, crazy people popping out everywhere. I
BellaorevBooks
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Whispers Of My Skin
by Susana Mohel

description

This is a story of second chances, of never giving up on love. Whispers Of My Skin is my first read from Susana Mohel. I love adding new authors to me to my yearly read list and this one was a beautiful love story. A story to make you see that when true love strikes it will stay with you forever no matter how much you tried to denied it or how much time has passed.

description

I love the undeniable chemistry between the main characters. Tara and Joel met at a young age w
Mia
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not every book deserves a review, not every book needs a review, not every book earns a review but this one not only Deserves one but it earned one.

If you thought, that this book was your classic second-chance on love story that is all beautiful roses without any thorns, you could not be more wrong from reality.

Susana puts Joel and Tara through the worst scenarios you can think of from the first chapter and it doesn’t stop until the epilogue, you name it it’s there.

Joel is a broody, stubborn, se
Amy Jenkins (dreaming_of_stories)
Wow.... Whispers of my Skin really blew me away! Susan did an amazing job capturing me with an outstanding story about second chances and True Love. The romance, angst, and chemistry between Tara and Joel was absolute Perfection! The intensity between them was * fan yourself* STEAMY! Tara is at times is too stubborn for her own good and blind to what’s going on around her and Joel can be an overbearing alpha with a temper. Oh and let’s not forget about the family drama and suspense that had me a ...more
Nicolette Eyssen
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Whispers of My Skin
by Susana Mohel

This is a second chance romance that was a very slow burn.

Tara Rhett was the daughter a successful family and fell in love at a young age. She gave herself to the hired help (Joel Sadger) and thought they shared a true love that would last a lifetime.

Once daddy finds out, things take a dramatic turn. The love once promised by Joel becomes a thing of the past. His disappearance left Tara heartbroken and feeling her life was without reason.

Tara’s life doesn’t
Lúthien Númenessë
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's almost 5 stars and I will tell you why...
It has LOT elements that I like in a book, like cowboys...!!! a so "hard", will, surly and so f***ing sensual guy, horses and passion. A very good western story (I love wester stories) and even though its a second chance story (im not so into second chances) was lovely and refresh.
Sometimes I really hated Tara, she was so childish and at the next moment a "eats men" but then I realized that everything has a reason.
On the other hand you have a very se
Brittany Freer
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have never really read a western type romance before, but if they are like this one I will definitely pick up another one, or five! A tale of love lost and then found again are always the best types of love stories. And the amount of drama and twists in this book is just an added bonus. It seems in every chapter our love birds have to face and new drama and new challenge to face, but you can see how they get through it together and help each other out.
So as fast as the story and characters go
Sarah Dale
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first book from this author and she has written a great second chance romance that will entice you in and keep you captivated with Tara and the hot and sexy Cowboy Joel.

She delivered a story with the perfect amount of romance and angst, mixed with the hot chemistry between Joel and Tara.

The twists and turns, the secrets and family scandals all keep you completely gripped.

I am looking forward to seeing what Susana brings us next

ARC received in exchange for an honest review from the author and
Cindy Fong
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars:
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
What an entertaining book. This is a second chance romance with all of the angst you would expect, and an underlying mystery to solve. Tara is much stronger than she thinks she is. Joel’s dreams are finally within reach, but someone has other plans for both of them. There are many moments in this story and you can feel all of the emotions; desperation, desire and lust, jealousy, distrust, and of course love. The side characters help to move the story along and provide insights into who Tara and ...more
Tracy Reads
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review to come
Innergoddess_Booklover
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
My first book by Susana Mohel that I read and let me tell you its great and your definitely in for a ride with Tara and her hot sexy alpha cowboy Joel.
Second chance romance with lots of twist and turns which I was not expecting at all and I truly enjoyed it .
Gina Burkart
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a amazing second chance at love book. This book has many twists and turns that will have you on the edge of your seat. This is a must read book.
Michelle Abascal Monroy
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a beautful and lovely second chance romance!

ARC Generously Provided by the Author

Whispers of my Skin by Susana Mohel is her first book, and this story is lovely and perfect, is a mix when you find a second chance and western romance, and to be honest who doesnt love cowboys.. because I DO!!!

This is the story of Joel and Tara, two persons who met each other when they were young and fell in love, but for differents situations they arent together anymore. After many years they are adults
Jenny
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great friends to lovers story. This story is about Tara and Joel. Tara is dealing with a lot. Joel is an alpha that had a rough childhood. Great story that had great chemistry between the characters, angst, and suspense.
Leena
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
*My Rating: 3.75 STARS!*
** I received an ARC for an Honest review**

So let me just start off by saying that usually I go for books where the hero and heroine have not met before so that we can see their relationship develop , in other words, I am very picky with my second chance romance novels. However the blurb for Whispers of my skin definitely intrigued me and being a reader who is obsessed with with ranches and cowboys I had to read this one!

The story starts with the introduction of a very ap
Melissa (Corrupted BY Smut)
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm so glad I was appproached by the author to read and review her book because it was definitly a very enjoyable read! I will say there were a few times at the beginning I just wasn't sure if I could get into It. Things that happen (which are a major plot line to the entire book) happen really quickly, and I felt it left me a little.... wanting. I think if it went in a little slower, left it a little more "angsty", especially with how Joel and Tara's relationship left off in the past, it would ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Author, wife, and mother of a girl and a puppy. I love the happily ever after. Believer & dreamer. I live in my own world, sipping Ginger Ale and lime. I’m always plotting my next book, coloring pages and reading.

Follow me → www.facebook.com/SusanaMohel