Start by marking “The Seven Minute Difference: Small Steps to Big Changes” as Want to Read:
The Seven Minute Difference: Small Steps to Big Changes

The Seven Minute Difference: Small Steps to Big Changes

3.44  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Do you want more? More hope, more joy, more fun and more fulfillment? Change is the essence of life; the biggest, most meaningful, and dramatic differences in our lives--and in our world--are really just the result of a series of small, seemingly insignificant changes. ""Amazing changes can occur in the most surprisingly small amounts of time,"" says Allyson Lewis, author ...more
Published May 1st 2006 by Kaplan Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Seven Minute Difference, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seven Minute Difference

Sara Rassler
Mar 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
This past week, I read The Seven Minute Difference: Small Steps to Big Changes by Allyson Lewis. This book was a great read! I opened the book expecting it to be a chore to read, but ended up reading half of the book the first night. With this book, I have a plan started of how to change my life with what Allyson calls “micro-actions.” With each micro-action, Allyson shows readers how to change their lives with things that only take a few minutes per day.
Also with this book, I received The 7 Min
Sue Jackson
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
The Seven Minute Difference does have some valid suggestions on how to use your time wisely. The beginning of the book had specific examples and a good explanation on how she came up with the idea. The theory of using even 7 minutes of your time in a responsible way is a good one. This applies to both personal and professional situations. There are some good suggestions and charts to help the reader stay focused. Unfortunately, after the first few chapters the book was redundant. It was as if sh ...more
Tim
Oct 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
The Seven Minute Planner - Small Steps to Big Changes by Allyson Lewis gives some great ideas and practical tips for organizing your life. It's a holistic look at the time you spend each day and how with just a few minor changes and a focus on being purposeful a few minutes a day can really change your life.

The planner that you can get with the book is a great way for anyone to organize and keep track of things to do along with contacts made and what did't get done. Looking back on each day, you
Russ
Sep 10, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: personal-growth
The concept of improving your life and your behavior in seven minutes a day fascinated me, and the first half of this book didn't disappoint. I loved gleaning tidbits of personal discipline that enable me to make my life richer, deeper and more meaningful (meaningfuller?).

The second half of the book dragged, however, as the author seemed to get bogged down into too many details about her own life and meaningfulness (meaningfulosity?).

Still, read the first half, implement the 7-minute theory, an
Julie
Nov 30, 2010 rated it liked it
She offers helpful advice here but there's not a whole lot of earth shattering concepts if you have read many business books. Define your mission in life. Make changes. Prioritize, organize and simplify. Still, I plan to try several of her worksheets, which are available online.
Shaeley Santiago
Feb 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business, non-fiction
Business, time-management book. Some good information about taking microactions such as writing a mission statement, planning the day before the top priorities for the next day, creating repeatable processes or systems.
Miss66
Mar 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Very motivating book
Jodi
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Easy to read and gave specific life alternating decisions. Very glad I invested time to finish this book. Strongly recommend.
Lori Grant
Mar 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
A should-read book on success in self development for knowledge workers, managers, executives, and entrepreneurs.
Pyang