Start by marking “The Road to You” as Want to Read:

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  656 Ratings  ·  194 Reviews
Life is full of choices- of chances- of moments.
Chances we regret not taking. Choices we wish we could change.
And then there are the moments that define us.

Kam was my choice…
The one who stole my heart instantly.

Kane was my chance…
The one who set me ablaze with just one look.

They were my moment…
Two brothers that both owned a part of me.
Two brothers that I loved in diff
Published January 25th 2018 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

KAS
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

Oh my folks, this is a sweet, fast-paced gem of a story. My first read by this author and I will most definitely be checking out more of what she has to offer.

I went in blind (best way to go) and I must tell you I was utterly spellbound! I just couldn’t put it down.

What I won’t tell you are any details about this book. Even the little snippet below, which mostly came right from the blurb, is too much to ruin the experience of this compelling love story.

I let the wind carry my cries
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

THE ROAD TO YOU: Is a full length, standalone contemporary romance novel by Melissa Toppen. In this we meet two childhood besties (butter bean and tatter tot), Elara & brothers Kam (Kamden) and Kane. Kane was the traveller of the brothers, so it wasn’t until a funeral where he comforts Elara that he's fully immersed in the story. This flits back to past and present effortlessly, it's in the past that all the feels come at you in bucket loads.

This is a real hard review to write up with
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 - 4 ★'s

To be honest, I was a little hesitant to read this, a story about a girl in love with two brothers. There's not too many different ways this could work out but I decided, "What the hell?", and read it anyway.

The story starts in the past (seven years ago) when Elara meets Kam and we find out how crazy she is and how close they become.

It then moves to the present and we get a few answers but not all. What we do find out is more about Kam's brother, Kane. It was interesting to see how
Dilek VT
I thought I could feel OK with it if it happens at the right time in the right circumstances. But not that soon, not like this. I just can't stomach it.

P.S. She only shared a kiss with the brother who is dead now - nothing more but both of them were in love with each other. Something so soon with his brother (a few months) is just so disturbing for me, let alone romantic.
Jemima
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
FOR GOODREADS

ARC

I know, it took a while for me to review this book...sorry!

I loved this book! Beautifully written...
The Road to You took me through a see-saw of emotions. It was such a joy to venture into a journey alongside the characters. I will say that things didn't really 'happen' the way the synopsis said it would... (Just putting that out there) but non the less...I loved every moment of reading every single world.
The Road to You was 'Simplistic' joy- in that, it didn't really have all the 'who-ha' or
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
It’s crazy that I’ve not read anything by this author before. This is why I love blog tours as I get introduced to some awesome authors. I can now add this authors previous books to my wish list as I loved this read.

I’m not gonna go into the storyline as I feel you need to go into this blind. I found it to be an emotional and angsty read. I had goosebumps reading parts of this book.

The Road to You is a brilliant well written standalone contemporary romance. This is definitely gonna be one of m
Sole
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sam raz na czytanie o 3 nad ranem, gdy budzisz się i nie możesz zasnąć :)
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
-Lynzi, 5 stars

There is nothing I love more when reading, than going into a book not knowing what I'm gonna get. Not knowing what I'm getting myself into. I love the surprise. I love the twists. I love the turns. So I honestly don't read blurbs half the time, because I just don't want to know.

All I needed to know was this author's name, and I was instantly jumping on the opportunity to review it. Because first off, it's Melissa Toppen. If you haven't read anything by her, then you need to. Like
Roxs Reads
I totally recommend this book to those of you that can handle emotion. I absolutely loved it and each time I picked it up to continue reading, I was transported into their world and felt their love, guilt, grief, and happiness as though it were my own.

Reading about Elara's journey of searching for self-forgiveness, dealing with her immense grief, and releasing herself from the clutches of guilt, had me in tears right from the start. This book now holds the record for bringing me to tears the qui
April Symes

THE ROAD TO YOU: Is a full length, standalone contemporary romance novel by Melissa Toppen. This book will need tissues and tons of chocolate- Because just saying this book pulled at my heart isn't enough. When reading this story, I was transported into the characters’ world and felt their love, guilt, grief, and happiness as though it were my own. Kam, Kane and Elara's story is so raw, passionate, and at times, heartbreaking. The author writes a story full of love, heartbreak, pain, grief, loss
Melody Kimmons-Allen

Bravo Melissa Toppen!

I am so excited about this story. It exceeded my expectations. This story has obviously been told many, many times; none of which are as beautifully done as this. I read this like I was starved of time. I couldn't put it down. Kamden, Elara and Kane stole the show and my heart right out of my chest. I'm empty, there's nothing there!

Gosh, where to begin. . .

Kamden Thaler and Elara Menton are instant besties when they meet. Even though they're both attracted t
♥️Fantasy Land Blog Book Reviewer♥️
Wow, what an unforgettable story. Talk about a book hangover.

This is my first Melissa Toppen book but not my last. I had no idea what I was getting into as I did not read any of the reviews. But I will say this, I had to get tissues and my husband was wondering what was wrong with me. This is such an emotional rollercoaster of a story, with the back and forth of the then and now. These characters are such amazing people that this book makes it a must-read of 2018

I will say with all of the wonde
*~Alicia~*
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The road to you is a stand-alone novel by Melissa Toppen. It was wonderfully angsty and emotional, my fave kind of read! I read this book pretty much all night long because I couldn’t stop! It is about Kam, Kane, and Elara. Best to go in without reading a ton of reviews because you don’t want any spoilers. Final thoughts, beautiful 2nd chance romance
Karen Jones
Teen age girl 'in love with the boy next door'. They never cross the friends line for 7 years. He dies. She moves on to his brother. I know a just pretty much summed up the preview so why did I read it? I thought it might have been well written and had a decent story line but it didn't. Not sure where all the high ratings came from.
Kiesha
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story is emotional and very touching! I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Konny
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Road to You by Melissa Toppen is a full-length, standalone romance novel.
Meet Elara. Karma nearly destroyed her, it shattered her heart and broke her in pieces. Its the day she has to say goodbye to the half of her heart. And thens there the brother who puts her back together. Two brothers nearly identical and yet so different.
Elara works as receptionist at her aunts salon and Kane is a successful consultant in risk management. Both are lost over the loss of a loved one.
The Road to You is a
Becky Wise
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is all the feels. The Road To You is a beautiful heart aching feel it in your soul book. From the very beginning I was drawn in and held to a gooey mess. I wiped my tears from my eyes many times over. Elara makes me want to just hug her tight with all that she has endured. The impact that Kam and Kane have on her is epic. When it comes down to it you feel the love she shares with them. Watching her world tumble tore me in pieces. I don't think it was until the very end that I finally f ...more
Gladys
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Road to You is an excellent read. It is a deep emotional story. Beautifully written, with a storyline that is so engaging you will not want to stop reading. The Characters are complex and as their story unfolds your emotions go on a rollercoaster ride. A powerful story of love, loss, pain, grief, guilt and second chances. A amazing book that is perfect for readers that enjoy high emotional content and a story driven romance. I'm posting a voluntary, honest review after reading an advance cop ...more
Lindsay

I love Melissa Toppen's books. She always takes me on a roller-coaster (which is ironic since I actually hate roller coasters!

I loved how the book started with a scene from the past, with Kam and Elara. The auto really did a great job of showcasing the friendship, affection and love between Kam and Elara.

Even though I had all the faith in the world that the author would make me love this story, I was worried. With all the "flashbacks"/past scenes, I just couldn't see how Elara was going to end
K.  Ramjohn
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is by far the best book I've read from Melissa Toppen. The Road to You was an emotional gut-wrenching tale that will break your heart from the very first page but will leave you smiling in the end. This heartfely story will captivate you and have you hooked. Its a story of friendship, healing, forgiveness and most of all love.
This is the story of Elara and the two men she loved, both of whom were so alike yet so very different.
Elara and Kane's chemistry was instantaneous and intense and I
Brittany
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
*Received an advance reader copy in exchange for an honest review*

Wow! I have to say that I was so impressed with this book but I'm mad at the author at the same time. I feel like she stuck my heart in a blender. I have a major book hangover after this book. I'm going to have to read some action-packed or comedic reads after this one to give my emotions a break. (Sorry rant over!)

I loved everything about this book! All of the characters were great! I loved the choices that Melissa Toppen made wi
Angel
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A non spoiler review...

HEARTWARMING AND INSPIRING.. EMOTIONAL CHARGED..

BEAUTIFUL AND RAW..

TOUCHING AND TRAGIC..

An unforgettable story about love lost and found. Your heart will break and your heart will love....
it’s everything I wasn’t expecting and more..

I got to read The Road To You super early, Ive read it 3x and every time I fall in love these characters more than the last. Kam, Kane and Elara will take you on a beautiful journey, you will love it from beginning to end. You won’t be able to
Katrina Haynes
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to get to read the ARC of this book and also this was my 1st book by this author. This book really played with my emotional I was happy and then I was crying like a baby.. But in a good way. I really enjoy this book and glad to find me a new author. Looking forward reading more of her books.. If I could give it more then 5 star I would.. Well done💜
Crystal Wilke
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Road to You is an UNFORGETTABLE story. I mean this in a good way. It's taken me a couple of days to write this review because I wanted to do this book justice and I don't know if I will but I will say this book is a MUST read. Kam, Kane and Elara's story is passionate, raw and heartbreaking. Melissa's writing grabbed me and held tight through out the whole book. If I wasn't reading it then I was thinking about it. Heck, still am thinking about it. If I could give it more than 5 stars then I ...more
Melissa Schaub
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book from this author. This book will pull at your heartstrings and have you wanting to reach inside the book to hug these characters. I was so sad that Elara carried so much guilt and I understood why but desperately wanted her to let it go. Ugh then there was Kane... I loved him so hard and even though I hated it, I was so happy he made the tough decisions that he did. I can’t recommend this book enough and I think it had the perfect HEA! If I were you I would get started immed ...more
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews

4.5 Heartbreaking Stars!

Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Enticing Journey Book Promotions

Genre: Adult Contemporary

Standalone

My The Road to You Review . . .

When I first signed on to be part of this tour I signed up because of the author, then I realized that I mixed up the author for another author and this ended up being the first time I have ever read anything from Melissa Toppen. And what a pleasant surprise that was. I now can't wait to read more from this fabulous author.

This be
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This was such an amazing & emotional story. So good!😊 I couldn't put the book down. I also didn't want to read it too fast. I wanted to absorb this beautiful story. I didn't want it to end. I really loved that it was told in dual POV.❤ We get to understand and feel what Elara & Kane are thinking, feeling, and experiencing as the story progresses. Elara has been through quite a bit in the last few years. She is stronger than she thinks she is. I loved how her Aunt Carol and Kane help ...more
Elizabeth
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Road To You is the most captivating book I have ever read. This is a real tear jerker from the offset. This story oozes so many different emotions. I was hooked from the beginning.

The Road To You is about a second chance at love after heartbreak and focuses on Elara, Kam and Kane.

Elara and Kam have been best friends for years since the day Elara moved to live with her Aunt next door to Kam. They are inseparable and share everything. They are secretly in love with one another. Just as they b
HeatherP
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I have not read any of Melissa's previous books so going into this one she is a new to me author. I took this one as review request to squeeze in between some of the other ARC I had going on because the blurb caught my attention. Elara's journey in this story is one of pain to peace. The story is fast paced and very sweet and heartfelt. There is some mild angst for those that like that.

I did have a few issues and that lead to the rating I gave it. First of all ,for me the blurb kinda did not ma
Kali McQuillen
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-arc, 2018-read
**4.5* Going in, I wasn't sure what to think but I'm so glad I read this book. It pulled at my heartstrings, made me smile, made me cry and just gave the me overall aww's while reading this book.

Loved both Kam and Kane, their parents should be so proud to raise such good men. Elara used to be a dare-devil but not anymore. She's shown she can still be who she used to be while still being the new her. She has a good man by her side and he's going to show her what they can have. Will her past get i
Melissa is a Reader's Choice Award Winning and Bestselling Author of New Adult and Contemporary Romance. She is a lover of books and enjoys nothing more than losing herself in a good novel. She has a soft spot for Romance and focuses her writing in that direction; writing what she loves to read.

Connect with Melissa Toppen

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)