Start by marking “Whiskey Lullaby” as Want to Read:

Whiskey Lullaby

We all have guilty pleasures.

Mine was the boy my father took in. The guy everyone said I was too good for. The one I knew would ruin me.

But I couldn't help it. The way Noah Greyson's voice sounded when he sang whiskey lullabies to me in the dark; how perfect his arms felt wrapped around my stomach, his nose nuzzled in my hair- that's what made me fall. That in
Published March 3rd 2018

~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Really liked it!

Hannah and Noah meet when she has to go back home and take care of her mother. He’s the bad boy and she’s the preachers daughter. Hannah sees good in him even though the people in town say he’s not good enough. They are perfect for each other and I was rooting for them from the start.

Noah is a bad boy with a good heart. He really strives to be a better man for Hannah and I respected him for that. I really liked that he still believes in love and trust even though his childhood
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
FOR GOODREADS

PSX_20180307_164558

Title: Whiskey Lullaby
Author: Stevie J. Cole
Genre: Contemporary, Musicians
Publication Date: March 3, 2018

ARC

Whiskey Lullaby ...alright, alright, alright. Talk about a rocker romance!
I'm going to be honest here and tell you that I have been in the middle of moving homes... I was on road for over 30+ hours and I didn't pack many books for me to read, just 4. hahaha. Whiskey Lullaby was one of them. I think it says a lot about a book if you can't keep it down while you travel for over 1000 kilometres.

Whiskey Lullaby was surprising very sweet
2018 Romance Challenge
Category: Rock Country Star

2 Stars

I chose Whiskey Lullaby for a couple different reasons: 1) because I love the duet of the same name that Alison Krauss and Brad Paisley sing and 2) because I love a good ol’ country boy romance.

Initially I really, really enjoyed this story between Noah and Hannah. They meet at one of his gigs in the local bar and he’s immediately taken with her, singling her out with his song choices and making a beeline for her when he’s on break. Even his song choices (‘I met a girl’ and
Mimiorphee
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc
"I can promise you, Noah Greyson is just a dirty little player. Nice to look at, stupid to get involved with."

With Whiskey Lullaby I discovered a new facet of Stevie J. Cole's writing. I'm used to mafia books or even the mind blowing Game series. With this one, the author embarks us on a deeply emotional story. It was sad and at the same time made me laugh. It was raw and  beautiful,and I you ask me, one of the best cocktail ever.

I totally fell in love with Noah and Hannah, as thei
Anne OK
Mar 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
First time read by this author for me. The title caught my eye and the blurb sealed the deal and I one-clicked. I enjoy a small town setting and the musical element struck a chord as well. I'm always a sucker for a bad boy/preacher's daughter scenario, too. Both characters are very likable and you really want to cheer the bad boy on to victory! This Tin Man really did have a big heart.

The story is a slow start with a past/present plot. I found it a bit one-sided and would have enjoyed a little
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

I just love the title of this book and it seems like stories with "whiskey" in the title have always been good for me so I figured, why not?

The story starts off with Noah and Hannah being apart. We find out that they were together but obviously something happened and Noah is miserable.

We then go back to when Noah and Hannah first meet (in a church since she's a preacher's daughter) and how her anguish draws him in. He later finds out that her Mom is dying of cancer so he tries a few diff
Tina
Mar 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
So... this was one of THE stupidest and melodramatic books I have ever read in my life. And I read my share of clusterfucks.

The stupidy... it's strong with this one *sigh*

Review tomorrow
Jacob Proffitt
May 28, 2018 marked it as unfinished
Shelves: romance
I'm abandoning this at almost 40%. I can't take the tension setup by the first chapters. I mean, we know he breaks her heart and that she's still devastated a year after he leaves. So we know that they fall in love, that he leaves, that she's devastated. And then we jump back and get to watch it all happen. And the thing is, I really like Hannah. She's good in that innocent way that comes by choice rather than ignorance. And Noah is an at-heart good guy with a heaping helping of self-hate that y ...more
Shelby
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
It’s been 2 years since Hannah left home to pursue a career in nursing, but when she learns her mom has cancer, she returns to her childhood home, taking a job at the local ER. She wants to be young and happy, soaking up every minute of her youth, but how can she be carefree when her Momma may not have much time left?

One night at the bar with her best friend, Meg, she hears the voice of an angel—a handsome, tattooed singer, looking right at her. Hannah learns his name is Noah and Meg
Jan
Rockstar and regrets.

When Stevie J. Cole said she was writing contemporary, she really did, and damn! my heart melted over and over.

What a beautiful story and that isn't something I've been able to say before from this author who normally delivers dark and angst with L.P. Lovell, well apart from War Hope and that just broke me.

I loved this book!!!
I have a new BBF on my shelf people and his name is Noah Greyson.

Rockstar and regrets.

I loved this book!!!
I have a new BBF on my shelf people and his name is Noah Greyson.

Noah Grayson is from the other side of town, a small town that is full of gossip and small minded people that just loves to point the finger and it always pointed at the boy with no parents, a boy they labelled trash but Noah Grayson has a gift and that is to sing and one day his voice would take him from this small town and away from the girl he was just starting to love.

Hannah Blake is the preacher's daughter, a nurse and not someone who listens to the town gossips and thank God she didn't or this beautiful love story would never have blossomed.

Whiskey Lullany is a heartwarming read, a story of first love, opposites attracting, soul mates and second chances, a book to lock yourself away with and absorb all that is Noah and Hannah.

Yes I love dark and angst and I love this author's previous books but I also love the balance and Stevie J Cole nailed contemporary.

"Some people are meant to pass through your life while others are meant to be your life"

"This woman was my muse, the first thing I thought about when I woke up, the last thing I saw in my mind before I fell asleep. Hannah Blake was the definition of my everything"

Swoon Sundays just got better, this is the ideal book to curl up with.

No angst, cheating or drama and hand on heart no-one dies or gets killed, lol.
Told in dual pov's leads to a hea.

"Loving a man like Noah Greyson was like holding a gun to your head and walking towards the edge of a cliff, one way or another, you were going to kill yourself. It was just a question of which way you would go."

Be sure to grab your copy here:

#FREE IN #KINDLEUNLIMITED

US: http://amzn.to/2I4sFPx

UK: http://amzn.to/2Fc5GAh

CA: http://amzn.to/2CZOJqU

AU: http://amzn.to/2FdNwT2

Arc received for review purposes
Michelle
5 Stars!
Loved this one! I didn’t want to put it down once I started. So damn good!!
Straight to my favorites shelf and Noah went to my favorite bad boy shelf:))
Laura Lee
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By: Stevie J. Cole
4.5 Jai Guru Devum, Om Stars

When Stevie J. Cole said she was writing a contemporary romance book, I was like no way! Known for her brutal dark books, I knew I had to read this one to see what her thoughts would be on what a contemporary book would be. Boy oh boy am I glad I read this one!

Growing up the ‘preacher’s daughter’, Hannah has always lived her life in the right way. The way that everyone in the small town of Alabama pictured a preacher’s daughter to be. Never getting into troubl
Akd
** 4.25 'Country Girl' Stars **

***I will forever hate that I was so weak for you, but I was only weak because I loved you. Despite it all.***

Such a sweet and emotional ride...

This book was about music, pain, loss and love. It wasn't very painful, at least for me, but it didn't leave me completely unaffected.

Noah Greyson is known as the bad boy. Not only is he the ladies man, but he has also been arrested and his voice is like honey.

Hannah Blake is the preacher's daughter. Missy goody two shoes, who had her own burdens, which is why she is back to the small town.

** 4.25 'Country Girl' Stars **

Such a sweet and emotional ride...

***“Patience is a virtue; any preacher’s daughter should know that shit.”***

This was a hilarious book. Sure, there were sentimental moments, but the joy and happiness overcomed the sad ones.

One character that grew on me was Noah's grandma. She was strong, lovable and simply hilarious! I fell in love with the old lady.

The main couple was sweet and made me feel all kinds of goofy. I was smiling like an idiot whenever those two interacted.

This book is amazing, I almost have no complaints. Except the fact that the ending was a bit too rushed.

Overall, it's a sweet and funny romance with a HEA.
KFForever
kfforever

I’ve only read one book by this author and her co-writer, so I was amazed when I discovered that the genre of this standalone is one I really enjoy reading. Whiskey Lullaby’s title I found a tad confusing since I hadn’t read the synopsis which I have to say, was a good move. I love that element of surprise and if you do too, I’d definitely recommend doing the same as me. The pieces slowly started to fall into place with the cover constantly in the back of my mind. Just wow! It’s what dreams ar
Liber_Lady
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it
8**ARC GENEROUSLY PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ***

3.5 STARS
This was my first book by this author, and it was a pretty good read.
Noah and Hannah's story developed gradually. This book had past plot and a present plot.
Hannah's mother is suffering from Cancer, and she and her family are devastated. Hannah's father always brings in "strays" or misguided people to help them get through by working for him. This time, he has brought in Noah.
Peop
Romance Readers Retreat
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Whiskey Lullaby is not Stevie J Cole’s usual sub-genre. I’ve loved this author’s books in the past and was intrigued by this change in direction.

In truth, I was also apprehensive when I received this book because although I’ve read rock star/musician based books that I’ve enjoyed, it’s not a sub-genre that’s at the top of my list.

However, although Noah is a musician, it’s not about his fame and experiences. Its not a lot of things I thought it might be. It’s deeper than t
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰

4.5 Stars

I really enjoyed this book.
It is different for others I have read from Stevie but so good.

This book is about Hannah and Noah.
It is good I loved Hannah she is sweet, sassy and the preacher’s daughter and she falls for the bad boy.
My heart did break for her she returns to her hometown when she finds out her mother has cancer.
She meets bad boy Noah. I have to say I really liked Noah she falls for him and he falls for her. I have to say I want Noah’s grandmother I adore her.
I not going to say anything else but I say read this if you love
Kenny Danewitz raveh
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars actually.
This was a good written book and I loved both Noah and Hanna.
The problem was that it felt very predictable all the way.
“I don’t want to hurt you” “Don’t hurt her” “I know he is going to hurt me”
And??? Can you guess???
A few years ago I would have given it 5 stars but I have read a lot of fun and easy reads like that so I’m hoping for something more complex and less of a cliche.
Paula White
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5* wanted a longer epilogue
Amber
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is an emotional story about first love and second chances. It goes back in forth in time and is told in both Noah and Hannah’s POV. Noah is a bad boy with a bad reputation from the wrong side of town. His grandmother was the only person who was ever there for him. The only thing he really has going for him is his singing. Hannah is the preacher’s daughter. She was always the good girl and never got into trouble. She’s a nurse and moved back to town to help her father take care of her sick m ...more
Haidoulina
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Love doesn’t have to make sense to work, it only needs to exist. And the most beautiful of flowers bloom in the most unlikely of places."

I loved this book... I loved this story... I loved Hanna and Noah... My only problem was that the author build the story in a slow pace and then ended it a little abruptly... I wanted a little more toward the end... Other than that it was a great read...
HMS
Mar 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: band-boys-chicks
I will preface this by saying I loved A Love so Tragicbut I found this to contain a lot of stereotypes and a story I've read many many times.
1) The bad boy who rotates women every night, gets into fights, has tattoos, possess one talent that is their ticket out of the town where said bad boy is misunderstood.
2)Virginal good girl who loves bad boy unconditionally, turns him around and makes him see the error of his ways, sleeps with him (may or may not ruin her reputation) and then g
Anne Milne
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is something completely differently from this author I’m so used to her dark books and I was intrigued to see what she would bring and I wasn’t disappointed at all.

Hannah is the typical preachers daughter, growing up she was the good girl who never rocked the boat until Noah. I liked how we got the perfect mix of the past and present so we get to see how their fledgling relationship moves from friends to more and how it all fell apart.

I may have something wrong with me but I lo
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"There was heartbreak written all over his smile but, at that moment, I swear it felt like no one else existed in that crowded bar aside from he and I."

Still reeling from this one!! This beautiful story was so filled with every emotion possible I could not move until I read the entire thing. This is a love story for the ages, not because it was filled with hearts and butterflies, but it was flawed, and real, and just amazingly heart grabbing!! The Author did an amazing job with both
Connie
Loved this captivating story about Noah, a really upstanding guy who didn't deserve his horrible reputation. It caused him to hurt Hannah, the perfect girl for him. Noah's grandmother was the hilarious "voice of reason" in that small, narrow minded town, full of busybodies, who needed to mind their own business. I hated that Noah and Hannah walked away from each other. But the surprising ending made it all worthwhile.
Jessica (secretlifeofbooklover)
✱ ARC provided in exchange for honest review ✱

Italian Review

To be honest I didn't know if I would have liked a second chance romance but since the author blowed my mind with Bad and she will be at RARE in Rome ... I thought why no?
But my bookish instinct is never wrong because here the problem was exactly the genre. It's sad to say but basically I'm not a person who hardly give seco/>✱
Diane plourde
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing

There are stories that will leave a permanent mark on my heart and soul. There are characters that will make me feel so much for them, that my heart will break into tinny pieces but the author will be able to piece it back together again. There are storylines that are just meant to make me shed a few tears of sorrow and joy. This is the story that did all this to me and so much more. This is a 6 star story.

Noah breaks hearts, gets in trouble, he’s just the bad boy that every girls wants. Hannah is t
~Dawn~TUG
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love that Stevie went back to writing my angsty little love stories..and a hottie with tattoos with the preacher's daughter CHECK PLEASE! I enjoyed the initial connection...the friendship...but I missed something..I can't fully put my finger on it but something in the story was missing for me. It wasn't a deal breaker in any way shape or form, but it kept me from fully losing myself in their love story. The side characters were enjoyable, Noah's grandma was perfection and the love story betwee ...more
Lager & Lefse Book Blog
So, who here doesn’t want a bad boy? At least, entertained the idea of a bad boy? What makes a boy/man a bad boy? Officially speaking, a bad boy is ‘a man who does not conform to approved standards of behavior, especially in a particular sphere of activity.’

Let me introduce you to Noah. Considered a bad boy, but what people don’t know about him is his heart that he hides way down deep. He is a grandma’s boy, who owes a lot to her, sin
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"This was my first Stevie J. Cole book, and it definitely won't be my last!

I'm just going to start out with the obvious. NOAH GREYSON! That boy. That smooth mofo and his smooth voice and that scruff and dimples and all the ""Hey, You"" bull. His perfection makes me sick in the best way. I want a damn Noah.
Okay, from the beginning. Hannah Blake was the preacher's daughter. She was a good girl who became a nurse but moved back home when her mom got sick. Noah Greyson was the 'Bad boy' who played
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Heartstrings
  • A Convenient Arrangement: The Italian's Wife / The Spanish Groom
  • Temporary Boyfriend
  • Body of Law (Body of Law, #1)
  • Giving Up the Ghost (13 Shades of Red, #1)
  • Shaggy Maggie (Shaggy Maggie Band #1)
  • Love of a Rockstar (Love of a Rockstar, #1)
  • Always
  • Limelight (NSB, #4)
  • Rockers After Dark
  • Undone, Volume 1 (Undone, #1)
  • A Seductive Melody (Kelly Brothers, #5)
  • Engaging (Alluring, #2)
  • The Opening Act Box Set (Lost in Oblivion, #0.5-1.5)
  • Convincing Bet
  • Miss Demeanor
  • Toxic (Addiction, #1)
  • Inferno (Phoenix Rising Rock Band, #1)
Stevie J. Cole likes to write realistic stories with raw, gritty characters you should hate but can't help but to love.

She's obsessed with rock music, loves sloths, and has an unnatural obsession with British accents.

Her books are not recommended for the faint of heart.
“As much as we want to pretend we’re in control of our lives, we aren’t. Control is a pretty façade we dance behind to make it through each day, because when you really accept that you aren’t in charge of your own fate, it makes you feel trapped.” 0 likes