Start by marking “El regreso a casa” as Want to Read:
El regreso a casa

El regreso a casa

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  8,739 ratings  ·  1,300 reviews
Lucas Ray se queda totalmente fascinado cuando un adorable cachorro salta a sus brazos desde un edificio abandonado. A pesar de que en el departamento en el que vive con su madre no se aceptan perros, no puede resistir la tentación de llevarse a Bella a casa. Bella y Lucas enseguida se convierten en almas gemelas, aunque ella no entienda la importancia de juegos como NO LA ...more
Published January 2018 by Roca México (first published May 9th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about El regreso a casa, please sign up.
Susan I thought the book was quite clear in saying that Bella was NOT part pit bull, and that was only an arbitrary designation attached to her by animal…moreI thought the book was quite clear in saying that Bella was NOT part pit bull, and that was only an arbitrary designation attached to her by animal control officers who were eager to get her off the street (probably for a monetary compensation from the vindictive man wanting to build his new apartment complex). Most of the characters in the book who encountered Bella commented that she did no look like a pit. The picture on the cover conveyed just that---she was a big dog, but not a pit bull or a pit bull mix.(less)
Heidi Brydon This AMAZING book is the story of a mix breed dog (part pit bull, part rottie) who gets banned out of Denver which has breed discrimination laws. The…moreThis AMAZING book is the story of a mix breed dog (part pit bull, part rottie) who gets banned out of Denver which has breed discrimination laws. The dog is a mix because it shows how these absurd laws require nothing more than an animal control officer with an agenda to get your dog banned. The other person who answered could not be more wrong, statistically speaking you are more likely to get bit by a dachshund than a pit bull. People who are against BDL will CHEER for this book.

But this book is not an issue book, it's a glorious work of true art and literature that will have you laughing and cheering all along the way. The book is wonderful because it is an epic tale of a two year journey of love through the Colorado wilderness, as Bella makes her way hundreds of miles back to her soul mate, Lucas. Also, it's a true love poem to cats, if like me you are also a cat lover.

It's a completely different series than A Dog's Purpose, and I especially loved that it is a female dog, and that maternal feelings and instincts were such a huge part of the story. (less)

·  8,739 ratings  ·  1,300 reviews

Start your review of El regreso a casa
W. Cameron
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I marked this book as "read" because I did, after all, read it while I was writing it.

Of all the challenges I've set for myself as an author, writing from a dog's point of view is probably the most difficult. I am often criticized for using simple, plain descriptions, as if a dog would write something like "To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man." (That's from William Shakespeare. He's more famous than I am.)

So okay,
CJ Anderson
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put the book down till I was done reading it, from the first words.
Good dog, Bella!

I was asked by the publisher, to review this book, because of my non-profit's mission in Arizona to help people in crisis through their pets. As it turns out, Veterans is a large part of the population we serve, as well as homeless and other hard to reach/help populations. We also work to educate and advocate people in Arizona as to how much difference they make when they use their voices
Robert Bishop
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! He did it again! I know, I shouldn't be surprised because I've read 7 of his books in the last year and they have all been amazing, but W. Bruce Cameron's work just keeps getting better and better! I would even argue that this is his best yet. He tells this story from the perspective of Bella, a mixed breed dog unfairly labeled a dangerous pit bull by an unscrupulous animal control officer and 2 of his worthless colleagues.This, along with some ridiculous local breed discriminatory legislat ...more
Supratim
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a charming little book! My rating 4.5! Mr. Cameron, you have just earned yourself a fan! I admire the way you can look at the world through an innocent dog's eyes!

February has been and continues to be very hectic for me. What I needed was a comfort read, and this one did not disappoint. In fact, it was a delightful read. If I have the time, you can actually finish the book in one sitting.

Let me introduce you to our protagonist, Bella. Good old Bella has a big heart –
Debbie Grace
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was fortunate enough to get to read an advance copy of the book. W. Bruce Cameron has once again struck literary gold. The story is about Bella, a pit bull mix who is sent away from her people because of breed discrimination, and her journey though the mountains of Colorado to find them. The story is sad in parts, but uplifting, and very funny as well. I highly recommend this book to dog, and cat lovers alike.
Karen S.
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received, at random, an Advance Reader's Copy of this book (the book will be released May 9, 2017). Without spoiling anything, Here is my review:
A DOG BOOK FOR CAT LOVERS -
Thank GOODNESS someone is bringing up the subject of the horrible prejudice against pitbull type breeds and the sad state of feral animal problems. Yes, there is this Breed Discrimination Legislation(BDL)/ Breed Specific Legislation(BSL) back story that is very important but there is also BELLA's story, told from
Diane
I would have given an honest 4*, but upping this to 5* because of important points that W. Bruce Cameron addresses - a dog's love and devotion to his/her person; the plight of feral cats (ignoring/starving them or just destroying them is not the answer!); the unfairness of breed discrimination (and how it's determined!); the kindness of some humans to animals; and same-sex marriage are what readily come to mind.

The book is written in the very simplistic voice of Bella, our dog on the cover of the book
Nancyandcharlie Miller
I was randomly selected to receive a copy of this book prior to publication--I don't receive any compensation for posting this review.
W. Bruce Cameron has done it again! I read this book in one sitting, and laughed and cried. It's told through the eyes of Bella, a pitbull mix that is separated from her owner because of BSL and an overzealous animal control officer. This is her story of the trials and tribulations she endures as she tries to make her way back home to her home, and her human
Cheri
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Told from the point of view of a dog named Bella who, in the beginning is still a young puppy. Bella has seemingly been abandoned. She lives under a building destined for demolition, surrounded by cats and kittens, with Mother Cat looking over them all, and a young man, Lucas, who brings water and food, despite the fence designed to prevent anyone entering.

When a developer with plans for building a new, higher-end building in its place begins to start capturing the kittens, Lucas als
Sandy
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book rates 6 stars, on this 5 star rating system! I was blessed to chosen by the Publisher to read an advanced copy of this book (I also have it on pre-order). I started the book yesterday afternoon, with the intention of stopping and getting my pies made, but I absolutely could not stop reading until I finished it last night (I have some baking to catch up on this Easter morning). It is a fabulous book! This is the 1st time I've ever sat and 'powered' through a book in one sitting. Another ...more
Dayna Young
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
W. Bruce Cameron has done it again. I was honored to be chosen to read advanced copy from the publisher (I have also pre-ordered). A Dog's Way Home is amazing. Started reading and didn't put it down until I was done, I just couldn't. This book is so entertaining but also so important with issues involving our military veterans/support dogs and narrow minded laws regarding certain breeds of dogs. I give it a 10 star rating. I promise you WILL NOT be disappointed in this book.
Dana Thelander
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lucky me - I was selected by the publisher to receive an advance copy of A Dog's Way Home and I had to read it in one sitting. Not per the publisher's request-but because I couldn't put it down. A Dog's Way Home offers up all the wonderful things we love about our lives with our dogs while also addressing Breed Discrimination Laws that profile dogs based on their appearance. And for the cat lover's out there? This is your book! The kitties get major booking in this story-line.
Wanda Peterson
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could listen to W. Bruce Cameron from a dog's point of view all day long because it just makes me laugh and makes me love my dog even more. But when it comes with a story that has so many messages and is so bang on with the emotions that go with them, it's impossible to put down! I LOVE this book and it will be another one I share with friends and family because I know they will love it too!
Heidi Brydon
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Because I was an early reader of the masterpiece A Dog's Purpose, the publisher reached out to me to read W. Bruce Cameron's latest, A Dog's Way Home. I am happy to say that not only did this book not disappoint, it may be his greatest book yet. We are once again told the story from the point of view of the dog, but it is NOT a sequel to A Dog's Purpose and A Dog's Journey (though can I just say, I wish he would write that book!)

I laughed, I sobbed, I fell in love with Bella.

This bo
Lynn Asdell
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given the opportunity to read and review an advanced copy of W. Bruce Cameron's latest book. I am particularly intrigued by his ability to utilize the first-person perspective of the main character, Bella. We follow Bella through her rescue as a young puppy, her introduction to a loving family, her exposure to veterans struggling with the affects of war and the hatred brought on by being labeled 'dangerous' because of BSL.
This book is another wonderful adventure that exposes the reader t
Holly
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read every one of W Bruce Cameron's books, so I was excited to be asked to be an early reader/reviewer. I'm happy to say that this book continues the trend of ever-improving stories and writing that I've come to expect from this author. Each dog, from Bailey up to Bella, has captured my heart and makes me want to adopt every stray dog I see! Bella's story in this book also opened my eyes, mind and heart to how preconceptions about breeds can be so damaging to wonderful dogs. I don't think ...more
Delia Johnson
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Got an advance peak from NetGalley, OMG I love this book so much! I loved A Dog's Purpose and A Dog's Journey and was so sad that there were no more in the series. To be clear, this is a completely different dog soul, a girl, and yet it's an even deeper exploration of the spiritual bond between dogs and their people. It was tense, it was funny, it was heartwarming, at one point I literally cheered out loud. God, I hope they make this one into a movie!
Darla
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was selected by the publisher to read an advance copy and this is my honest review. This book is another grand slam by W. Bruce Cameron. The books main character is a rescued “pittie mix” named Bella. Bella was born and discovered under an abandoned home that had become a shelter of shorts for a litter of kittens and puppies. The home was scheduled to be demolished by a local businessman, in order to make way for “progress”. Bella’s rescuer begins to slow progress for the businessman, trying t ...more
Yodamom
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing adventure with this sweet girl, Bella. This is her story, told in her own words.thoughts. Her beginning is amazing enough but her next few years are incredible. Because of where she lives, Denver she must be moved to save her life. Animal control tagged her as a Pitbull, a breed not welcome there. Things don’t go as planned and she runs loose hundreds of miles, meeting all kinds of people, animals and situations.
Bella started life as a stray, raised by a stray cat under a house
Kathy Filardo
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adored this book. It had everything I look for in a great animal story. A lovable dog, people who were both good and bad, and a great story about the love of a dog for her human and even other species, like cats. If you are a dog or a cat lover you need to read this book. Because though the book's protagonist is a dog named Bella, cats play a large role in the story also--from Mother Cat, a feral queen who lovingly adopts and cares for Bella as a puppy to Big Kitten, the orphaned cougar kitten ...more
Jenn Belden
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

If you’ve read author W. Bruce Cameron’s previous dog-centric books (A Dog’s Journey, A Dog’s Purpose), you know that he is a master at both tugging on our heartstrings and telling a wonderful story from the perspective of a dog.

In his newest novel, A Dog’s Way Home once again finds that sweet spot of humor, emotion and drama as Bella’s story unfolds and captures the love, devotion and personality of this sweet dog. You’ve heard stories of dogs traveling hundreds of miles to find the
Toni
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Dog's Way Home may well be W. Bruce Cameron's best dog story book yet! Being chosen to receive an advance reader copy of A Dog's Way Home from the publisher was very fortunate for me as I am a devoted fan of this author's books that are told from the perspective of the dog's heart and mind. My affinity for his wonderful dog story books began when I first read A Dog's Purpose the week it was released in July of 2010 and has increased with each new dog story book he has written. While I have lov ...more
Jean
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Actual rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

The story is sweet and pulls at one's heartstrings but I think you need to be a dog lover to really enjoy this book. Just like the author's other books (loved A Dog's Purpose), the story is told from a dog's perspective. Which makes the writing style childlike. Short, simple sentences. Another issue I had with this book were the humans in the story. I did not like any of the characters in it and I especially found Lucas annoying.

I found the book entertaining
Karina
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want a Bella of my own. Such a wonderful, amazing personality and dog. I loved reading about her love and empathy towards mankind and cats. Bella was so smart and reminded me of children that just crave warmth, praise and love from the adults in their lives. W. Bruce Cameron created such a beautiful dog that even if you aren't a dog lover you will be after this. He also shows the human flaws and cruelty of these characters he created.

I added the extra star for Bella and the last 12
Mylinda Weeks
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I fortunately received an advanced copy to read and review. This book is being released on May 9, 2017. Mark your calendars, or better yet, pre-order the book to make sure you get your copy as soon as possible. It is definitely a “Good Read”! Cameron once again does an excellent job of writing from the dog’s point of view.

The story begins when Bella is a puppy living with her mother and littermates, as well as a feral cat colony, under an abandoned house soon to be demolished so the land can be
Jami
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animal-books
This was a fun, easy read. While it did not have the same emotional depth for me as A Dog's Purpose, I loved Bella and the characters she met during her journey to and from home. There were some laugh out loud parts, such as when Bella describes a person talking to "her" but the person has a phone pressed against their face. I also loved her references to when she was either a good dog or a bad dog. And of course, "Tiny Piece of Cheese" was awesome.

Bella loves Lucas, her human, above all. Even
Tina Forde
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was randomly chosen by the publisher to read a advanced copy of this book and loved every minute of it. Mr. W. Bruce Cameron I think this could be your best book yet.
I was introduced to your books while facing saying goodbye to my companion dog of 14 years. I was given your A Dog's Purpose and it helped me get through the rough final days. I've since read A Dog's Journey, The Dogs of Christmas, and Emory's Gift. Plus I have The Midnight Plan of the Repo Man , and The Dog Master sitting
Diana
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to go into so much detail because this book is just great! I should start with the fact that I was randomly selected to read the book and give it my honest review. First, you just fall in love with the main character! He goes above and beyond to save strays and in my opinion how any person treats animals is a true testiment of their character, this man has got it in spades. His mother also is a deeply built, understandable and relatable character (at least relatable to me but even if not ...more
Julie Weaver
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE this book!!! It was almost as good as A Dog's Purpose except not as sad. I loved that this was narrated by Bella. And, it was fun that it took place in Colorado! Great book!!!!
Jan
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dogs
An incredible five stars!
Goodreads Librari...: Updated Book Covers Needed 3 13 Oct 30, 2019 10:39AM
Reading Until Inf...: July 2019 Book Selection - A Dog's Way Home 21 53 Jul 17, 2019 06:38AM
Retro Chapter Chi...: A Dog's Way Home (Jan 2019) 2 7 Mar 26, 2019 11:58AM

• Where the Crawdads Sing
  • One Good Dog
  • A Spark of Light
  • The Dog Who Danced
  • The Tattooist of Auschwitz (The Tattooist of Auschwitz, #1)
  • The Road Home
  • A Man of His Own
  • Into the Current
  • The Silent Patient
  • Summer of '69
  • Lance: A Spirit Unbroken
  • The Doughnut King (The Doughnut Fix #2)
I’ve always loved dogs, which puts me in a unique category along with what, maybe two or three billion people?

What’s not to love about an animal who will sit in your living room all day long, waiting for you to get home, and even if you need to work late and then stop for a stress-relieving beverage on your way home, when you unlock that front door, is absolutely overjoyed to see you?
“When she sat on the couch I jumped up to be with her and I put my head in her lap. I could feel some of the tension and sadness leave her. I was giving Mom comfort. This was more important than going for walks, more important than helping feed the cats—it was the most important job I had. I knew I should sit with Mom for as long as she needed me.” 5 likes
“I knew, though, that life was never that easy, that instead of doors being opened for you, to get anywhere, you had to jump over fences.” 3 likes