Start by marking “Consort of Secrets (The Witch's Consorts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Consort of Secrets (The Witch's Consorts, #1)

Consort of Secrets

(The Witch's Consorts #1)

Every witch knows the rules: Stick to your own kind. Never reveal your powers to outsiders. Take a consort from the witching families or kiss your magic good-bye forever.

For years I've been quiet, obedient Rose Hallowell. I accepted the man my stepmother chose for me. But I never stopped missing my long-ago friends.

Now we're back on my childhood estate to arrange my marri
Published March 8th 2018 by Ink Spark Press

Start your review of Consort of Secrets (The Witch's Consorts, #1)
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
Odd book. Started well but then my interest died. The weaker storyline would have worked better if shorter perhaps, but I couldn't retain interest. The author writes fine, but it reads like a Young Adult Reverse Harem - I don't like YA RH - but the character is 24.

I think the main problem was I became so frustrated with it all. If you think you're at that much risk and betrayal, why would you continue to stay in the house? What would you pretend and put yourself at risk? And even if you didn't
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
Ever since Reverse Harem Month, I've been keeping an eye on the subgenre. There's something extra delightfully naughty about not having to choose between your favourite types of heroes. You can have the bad boy, the nice guy, the dark and handsome figure... It may not be common in real life, but romance allows us to explore our fantasies, and having a group to give you the love you desire (physically and emotionally) is actually a rather nice one.

And you know what? This was a rather nice reverse
Alaina
Oh god, can someone plan out my life? That would make things way easier for me right now.

In Consort of Secrets, you will meet Rose. She doesn't really need to think about things or what she wants to do with her life because everything is done for her. Not that she enjoys her stepmother, or anyone really, planning her life out but she does it anyways.

Instantly, you can see how unhappy Rose is with her life. It sucks but she also doesn't speak up about it. Her stepmom has chosen who she should an
Annette
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reverse-harem
Since I finished Moriarty's Men last week it was now time for a new Eva Chase Series! (I have quite a few left to read, so you will be seeing a lot more Eva Chase here for quite some time) And for some reason this series really spoke to me. By now I don't doubt that I will like the books, so I totally dare buying all books of the series at once. I was however really curious how much I would like this series!

And once more Eva Chase wrote an amazing first book to a new series. It's amazing how she
Jenn
So this one had it's ups and downs for me.

Rose is a witch who is about to come into her magic. But in order to do that, she must take a consort. Kinda sucks when she has no spark with her betrothed but those four childhood guy friends, well they light the fire so to speak. What's a girl to do?

I liked all of the guys for the most part. You can tell that Chase tried hard to make them all very different from each other. But even though we had four yummy guys here, I'm really interested in the missi
Celeste
I have to say this book came as a surprise. Since the whole RH scene is pretty new the books that have been written are still far behind in terms of development than other well established genres so I can't say I was expecting all that much.

Normally I'm just in it for the guys and if the female lead is insipid or a doormat or just especially dumb I deal with it for the guys. But Rose (who btw bears a startling resemblance to sleeping beauty) wasn't any of those things. Like, this girl was smart
Tiffany Heywood
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
So i really enjoyed this books. It features of main character Rose who is a witch who is nearing her 25th birthday which means she must get a consort or her spark will be gone forver. I really liked her as a character as she was really focused on her goal and thoguht for what she believed in. She had 4 boys who were non magic who were like her best friends from child hood that she was rekindling a friendship with now that she was home. I liked reading the scenes where they were together as it sh ...more
Kathy - Books & Munches
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just wow. The fact that I read this book in no time at all says plenty already. Pretty sure I read this book faster than I normally do just because of the writing - and that's something I rarely say / admit! It's been a while since I read a fantasy novel with witches that I actually loved reading. Consort of Secrets is now easily at the top of my list. Ea-si-ly.

So, obviously, our main character Rose is a witch, but she hasn't gotten into her powers yet. Because she's almost twenty-five she'
Ashley
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I am really kind of over RH, I wore myself out on it and they started to feel the same, but whenever I pick random books that I need for challenges they always seem to be RH. So I didn't expect to like this, but I actually did. It had a lot of the same RH stuff you expect to see, but the plot was a little different and once it picked up it was hard to put down. I liked how the magic worked and I liked the guys. The stepmother villain was fun. Rose wasn't ridiculous, she was actually pretty smart ...more
❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Omg!!! This is Eva’s best Book to date! I’m in love with Rose and all of her boys and I love the way magic works in her witching world! I NEED book 2 now!!!!
Katherine Paschal
**Review on https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/ **

Rose and her boys were inseparable as kids, so much so that her father took her away because those with "the spark" can't commingle with those without. Now, 11 years later, Rose and her parents have returned to the estate abandoned so long ago so that Rose can come into adulthood and marry. But Rose has not forgotten her boys, nor they her.

​Reverse Harems are my most current reading obsession. The thought of being a loved by many (attractive,
Mary Ellen
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gothic Romance meets Paranormal Romance 5/5 Stars
Wow... this book caught me by surprise. I was wanting to read more of Eva Chase's work while waiting for book 2 of the Villain Academy and was torn which to start first. After my friend told me she liked this book and we could read the rest of the series together, I dived in.

I found this story very unique compared to the millions of witch stories out there. Eva created a world filled with magic, mystery and intrigue. I love that the woman in thi
Mummy's Naughty Corner
Runningrabbit
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
KU

This is a well written novel, although it took me 40-50% to actually feel that the book was making a concentrated headway. It is definitely a slow burn, though having said that the novel itself does make its way into some reverse harem action. Once the story gets underway it manages to pull the reader in, and I am certainly going to move on to the next novel.
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
I think that maybe Eva Chase isn't the RH author for me. This is the second novel of hers that I've read, but again I just felt like there wasn't enough meat to the story, no real building of the bond between all of the mates, or in this case, consorts. No connection to the characters and their relationships means that I'm just not invested in the story. And though this one had witchy goodness and the other had Norse gods, that's not enough to save the story for me. ...more
Bunnycore
My full review here

Between the sheets

Hi, Hello, howdy!! Welcome to Friday!

Congrats to those of you who made it and you get the weekend off, if you are like me it’s only Tuesday in my work-a-day world so I still have four more days to go.

So let’s get this party started, shall we?

For years I’ve been quiet, obedient Rose Hallowe
Suze Lavender
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rose hasn't seen her best friends in years. She used to spend all of her free time with Kyler, Seth, Jin and Damon. Until her stepmother sent her elsewhere and prevented her from seeing them again. Rose's family has magic and she isn't supposed to share that outside the community, but her friends have always known there's something special about Rose. Will they still accept her as one of them again after many years without staying in touch?

Rose was a teenager when she left and she's back for the
Kimi
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I thought that the story was interesting and a unique kind of world. Good start to a series.

I also felt like it was fucked up because it seems like the power balance was a mess with male witches not having magic. Since I like it when the men also have power, this kind of bothered me. I liked that there was some conflict and jealousy at times. The guys were cool even though I couldn’t find specifically what I liked about each. That may take some time. It was good that they weren’t all wi
Coco.V
Mar 13, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/13/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

Now we're back on my childhood estate to arrange my marriage. The boys I grew up with? They're still in town—and they haven't forgotten me
Tiblu
Mar 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Felt more about the magic than the love... I . Did. Not. Enjoy. Myself.

This felt more about the magic then anything else,especially the love...
Rose had an almost desperate need for her magic,and seemed willing to do almost anything to get it....
This book soooo DID NOT go the way I expected, I read most of “Rose’s boys” and almost immediately felt their connect,it felt strong and beautiful and potent and when I got to the point where the big bad stepmother was going to rip them apart I had to sto
Reena Jacobs
Apr 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall, I'd say this was a middle of the road read. I think it could have used higher stakes and a more adult themed story to match the reverse harem concept. Even so, it kept me engaged enough to want to learn how the storyline panned out. I give Consort of Secrets a solid 3. Read full review here: https://blog.reenajacobs.com/novel-re...

*I received a free copy of this book through Netgalley.
Accidental Huntress
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 sexy consort stars! Good goobly boobly. I don’t yet have words to form for this review... but I’ll try anyhow. Why have one consort when you can have 4?! Talk about some spicy reading. Whew! This book did start out a little slow at first, but did it ever speed up with the force of a locomotive going off the rails. This book has mystery, excitement and oh so steamy scenes it’s hard to put down. However, CLIFF HANGER WARNING ⚠️ Just be ready to get the next book in the series. That’s what I’m do ...more
Kate H
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been very into reverse harem fiction lately and while this is not the best of what I have read recently in that genre it is still quite enjoyable and a fun escape. I really like the characters and I feel like they are fairly well fleshed out and he story holds my interest. I think this series is stronger than the other books I have read by Eva Chase. I am reviewing this book based on an ARC received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.
Toma
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! It had all the necessary ingredients of a great story: memorable, relatable and distinct characters, interesting storyline and just the right level of steaminess. I loved how each of the guys had a different personality, different take on the situation and still were there for Rose 100%. Damon's anger and Seth's scepticism had their place and were convincing. Thankfully the next book in the series is already out! ...more
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
I don't dislike this book per se but I didn't like it either. The main character felt like an eighteen year old even though she was twenty four, she could not gainsay anything her parents did just because she wants to inherit some house. The men in this book were just there, doing whatever she needed doing,I only liked Damon because he was the only one with one lick of sense, the others were her lapdogs.

I am interested in the magic aspect so I will continue and see how that goes.
Crystal Dymond
The book was okay and easy read but it switches between characters points of view and it’s hard to establish the main character doing so
Brooke
Pretty decent start for a reverse harem. The guys are not exactly fleshed out but this is solid enough to keep going.
Amber
If your looking for a love story where the girl doesn't have to choose between her men and is fully loved by them all while at the same time maybe looking for some paranormal romance then this book is one I would recommend.

This book kept me hooked all the way through. I spent my spare time reading this book while also doing laundry and it really helped me get through laundry without dreading it because at the same time I knew I had a phenomenal book to keep me company.

This book centers around R
Nia Ireland
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, it was very easy to read and was very character driven, which I love.

After reading this book, I learnt what a 'reverse harem' was - which is always interesting! In this book, the heroine gets to skip the angst of deciding which preternaturally hot man she's going to keep and just keeps all of them. Each man has his own distinct personality and style, so they're not all generic 'sexy love interest' and they have their own ways of interacting with each other and Rose, t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Power of Five (Power of Five, #1)
  • Academy of Six (Origins of the Six, #1)
  • Stroke the Flame (Her Elemental Dragons, #1)
  • Shadow Kissed (The Witch's Rebels, #1)
  • Hopeless Magic (Hopeless #1)
  • A Court of Blood and Void (War of the Gods, #1)
  • Shake the Earth (Her Elemental Dragons, #3)
  • Runes of Truth (A Demon's Fall #1)
  • Unleashed (Dark Moon Shifters, #1)
  • Clash (Academy of Unpredictable Magic, #6)
  • Wings of the Walker (The Walker, #1)
  • Infernal Desires (Queen of the Damned, #3)
  • Darkness Rising (The Severed Souls, #1)
  • Signs of Cupidity (Heart Hassle #1)
  • The Nine (Foxfire Burning, #1)
  • Wings of Fate (Protected by Dragons, #4)
  • The Bloodwood Academy Shifter: Semester One (The Bloodwood Academy #1)
  • Allison's Adventures in Underland (Harem of Hearts #1)
Eva Chase lives in Canada with her family. She loves stories both swoony and supernatural, and strong women and the men who appreciate them. You can visit her online at www.evachase.com. ...more

The Witch's Consorts (6 books)
  • Consort of Thorns (The Witch's Consorts, #2)
  • Consort of Pain (The Witch's Consorts, #3)
  • Consort of Fire (The Witch's Consorts, #4)
  • Consort of Light (The Witch's Consorts, #5)
  • Mark of Damon (The Witch's Consorts, #6)