Start by marking “Irresistibly Yours (Walden Beach #1)” as Want to Read:
Irresistibly Yours (Walden Beach #1)

Irresistibly Yours

(Walden Beach #1)

Marriage is no picnic. At least the one Vivian Emerson shared with her late husband hadn’t been. Unfortunately, the devastation Craig had brought into her life didn’t ended with his death. Not only did he leave Vivian without closure, he had to go and die in a way that made her the talk of the whole state of South Carolina and beyond. Now her daughter wants nothing to do w ...more
Published February 26th 2018 by Dreamer Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Irresistibly Yours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Irresistibly Yours

Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)

First, I must say that Bo Manning – the hero of our story – is quite swoony and seems to be quite the toe-curling kisser! And the fact that he’s an older hero (NOT old) gives his swooniliciousness some maturity which is also quite yummy. He’s also just an all-around good guy, with a tender heart and a close relationship with Jesus. He values Vivian from the moment he meets her and his gentle wooing of her is a sweet picture of Jesus’ pursuit of each of us.

Vivian has had a lot of heart
Beth Erin
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
full review on Faithfully Bookish

Irresistibly Yours is an irresistibly delicious story! While most contemporary romances feature couples in their mid-twenties or thirties, it is refreshing and exciting to come upon a gem like this one with a vibrant prospective "second-chance at love" couple.

Vivian Emerson has been through the wringer thanks to her late husband and grief-stricken daughter. Bo Manning is a pillar of strength and natural-born protector and quite attractive at that. The Walden Beac
Bhriv
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Irresistibly Yours, written by Andrea Boyd, is the picture of a classy romance!
Loved the way Boyd brought her fun pen out when she wrote this romance. Not a Christian romance in the perfect gift box.
I loved the fact that this isn't a young love-at-first-sight kind of read and shows how marriage isn't for wimps.
Favorite character -- by far, Bo! Boy, if I have a friend who has to go what Vivian has gone through to get to this point in her life...I want a Bo waiting at the other end to woo her! S
Suzie Waltner
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love a book with characters who have a bit of life experience (especially since I have some life experience myself). And in Andrea Boyd delivers in Irresistibly Yours. Vivian and Bo have each lived through some difficulties—loss of a spouse, estrangement from family, and more.
As Vivian endeavors to find herself after humiliation and tragedy, Bo knows exactly what he wants and proves he’s the best type of man. A man who commits to a friendship while placing anything more in God’s hands.
This is
Paula Marie
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful refreshing story! I really loved Andrea's take on love a second time around. I adored Bo, and the setting is amazing.
Cannot wait for more!
Andrea Boyd
Jan 04, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
One conversation with a friend plus a series of dreams and Bo Manning was born. Oh man, is he good-looking! And sweet. And he’s faithful. He’s a great dancer, and wow, is he a great kisser. Who could resist, right?
Well, Vivian Emerson gives it her best shot. After everything her late husband put her through, she has no desire to try again. Will she be able to stick with her plan for the single life?
I hope you enjoy this Southern contemporary romance with a beach setting. It’s about friendship,
Phyllis
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
My review is 4.5 Stars

What a sweet story about second chances! It was nice to read a story about a couple in their 40s.

I really liked Vivian. Despite being badly wronged, she showed nothing but kindness and grace. What she did with the money she made from selling Craig’s car was pretty amazing. She had some serious trust issues, but after the way her husband had treated her, that was to be expected.

My favorite thing about Bo was that he painted his wife’s toenails when she could no longer do tha
Rebecca
Feb 16, 2018 rated it liked it
"I'm not interested in another marriage. The one I had almost did me in. "

It seems that Vivian Emerson has met a super hero. Coming to her rescue on more than one occasion, Bo Manning seems less and less like a stranger, and more and more like a modern day superman. His calm, genuine demeanor makes Vivian ponder how he might fit into God's plan for her new beginning in Walden Beach, South Carolina. The death of her unfaithful husband dramatically tilted her world, estranging her daughter and lea
Toni Shiloh
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Irresistibly Yours is a romance like no other. One, the couple is in their 40s and I absolutely love that! Second, their's a sweetness and slow build that has you anticipating on every page. This is a great book and a promise to a greater series.
Dana A Smith
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love books that are entertaining but also make me think. This was one of those books. The characters were believable and entertaining. The plot was thoughtful and well written. A perfect lazy day read.
Pam Graber
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vivian Emerson's life looked perfect until tragedy blew it apart. Instead of turning to each other in their grief, she and her husband grew apart. After nearly 10 years of that, her husband dies in spectacular fashion on their reconciliation weekend, leaving her to endure the sneers of the whole state because of the way he died. After a year of closing herself off from life, Vivian decides a change is in order. First stop? The hairdresser, where she loses six inches of hair. Second stop? Her gra ...more
MJSH
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by Andrea Boyd that I have read and it was a wonderful journey. It is a fun book, filled with a nice plot, strong and lovable characters, and a great faith-filled theme of redemption, forgiveness, and God’s gentle yet persistent and relentless pursuit of our hearts.

Vivian is a widow, having been hurt by her deceased husband and now estranged from her only daughter. She moves to the beach town to the home she inherited from her grandmother to start a new chapter in her lif
Nancy Larimer
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book is light and interesting.

The book is romantic fiction.the characters are well developed
The relationship with bo and vivian shows pain from past hurt. Bo is patient as Vivian struggles to come to grips with her many positive and negative feelings.I like how the author ties in the need for Vivian to forgive Craig and her estranged daughter. When her daughter appears after years of np relationship Vivian is forced to ask herself to forgive her when she says sorry and says shrubs pregnant.wha
Velma
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Looking for a great beach read? I loved this sweet romance set on fictional Walden Beach, South Carolina. One draw for me was that the protagonists, Bo and Vivian, were in there 40's, which is unusual for a romance book and shows love and be found at any age. I love the constant Christian thread throughout the book and how the characters often prayed about the situations they encountered. Likewise, I love that Bo decides to "woo" Vivian the way Christ woos us. I look forward to the next book in ...more
Brenda
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A book that has real life situations that some people deal with everyday. Burned by marriage Vivian didn’t think she ever wanted to be married again. Wonder if Bo can woo her and win her over? Read and find out.
An enjoyable and entertaining read. If you like a good Christian romance this book is for you!
I received a free copy from the publisher but all opinions are my own.
Nicki
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Irresistibly Yours is a book about a second chance for happiness sprinkled with forgiveness, acceptance, and trust.

Vivian is a widow finally ready to move on with her life. She is making many changes in her life including the decision that she isn’t willing to chance another relationship. God has other plans and puts Bo in her path. Bo has been a widower for some time and has never had any interest in another relationship until he meets Vivian. I was right there with Vivian all the way completel
Geneva
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book about a woman who is recovering and moving on from a marriage that ended badly. Vivian moves to the beach for her new beginning and meets new friends who help her move on with her life, including a new man Bo. It is a sweet story of the Lord's redemption.
Janet Martin
This a great book with about love after having your heart broken. I've enjoyed many of Ms. Boyd's book and this in an other stunner.
Amy
is currently reading it
May 05, 2018
Saruta Valentine
May 17, 2018
Note: If you are a reviewer who would like a free eBook copy of Securing Aisling, just ask for it! If you have a website and would like to give away an eBook copy of Securing Aisling, just ask for it!
I am just getting started and I'm really flying by the seat of my pants here, so if you have any ideas of how I can promote my book, feel free to contact me. Any help is appreciated.

I mainly read Chri

Walden Beach (3 books)
  • Persuaded (Walden Beach #2)
  • Love's Redemption (Walden Beach #3)