Start by marking “Lady of Breken Manor” as Want to Read:
Lady of Breken Manor

Lady of Breken Manor

No true lady would steal a loyal man from his fiancée, but what if that lady is a ghost?

Lady Charlotte is bored. So bored that when the owner of her manor in Scotland dies, she actually looks forward to haunting, uh, meeting the new owner. Too bad he’s engaged. Because if he weren’t, and if Charlotte could get him to fall in love with her, then the curse would finally be
Published January 15th 2018 by Mirror Press

To ask other readers questions about Lady of Breken Manor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady of Breken Manor

Julie Carpenter
A Scottish Manor, an inheritance, an ancient curse, a noble lady hidden away, a carriage crash, a ghost stuck in between her mother's anger and eternity. Can anything save her, release her from this curse that unfairly froze her in time to watch others live their lives and wishing she could find love, or even pass on to the next life?

Sean finds himself arriving in Scotland to explore his new manor house, left to him by his great uncle, the crazy one who was a recluse and a little bit of a lunati
Ashley Daviau
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m always a fan of stories where there’s a curse to break, they always make for fun and entertaining reads and this one was no different! I really enjoyed Lady Charlotte’s character, despite being cursed she was fun and feisty. And I loved how Sean helped her find the answer to the second part of the curse while being the first part himself. The way it all ended was just perfect too! Although I did find the story a bit short and kind of wished it was longer.
Mara
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I've read a book or novella by Heather B. Moore (or H. B. Moore) that I didn't like. I'm amazed at all the different genres and topics she covers. Reading the first few pages I liked Sean and didn't like his fiancee, Michele, so I wasn't surprised when she told Sean he was crazy and left Breken Manor. If I were a ghost I would've driven her away in a heartbeat. I liked how Sean read the history of Breken Manor and found out how Lady Charlotte and her mother died, and when he discov ...more
Katie W
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When Sean inherits a manor in Scotland, he and his fiance, Michele go there to look it over before selling it. He doesn't plan on it being haunted though. Can you imagine? Charlotte was cursed and until that curse is broken, she's forced to dwell in this house.

Sean is great! Whether it's fixing the manor up or uncovering vital information for a friend, this man doesn't leave any stone unturned. I really came to adore him, especially when he comes to his senses, and could see why Charlotte is in
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
How fun was this book!!?? I love reading romance books with a little twist off "normal". I mean, a boy falling in love with a ghost? He never touched her, he never kissed her. He only spoke with her but the connection was forged and there was no going back. There were plenty of moments in this book that made me smile and then there was Sean. Oh, hello Sean. Guy in love with the ghost. You may think he's a titch off in the head but I'm telling you that he has some awesome swoony moments. I loved ...more
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I'm not big into the paranormal genre but if my favorite author is writing it, I'm going to read it. And love it. Such was the case with Lady of Breken Manor. The characters were easy to get to know quickly (which is an important thing in a novella) and I loved seeing them get to know each other and fall in love. Because of the unusual situation of Charlotte being a ghost and Sean being the one who could finally send her to the next life, their love had obstacles to work through and was tested a ...more
Mindy
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everything about this book is wonderful. The setting, Sean, the humor and of course the ghost. Charlotte was so fun. I enjoyed the Scottish background and the mysterious manor. I loved both of the main characters and Sean and Charlotte’s journey to break this mysterious curse. Charlotte’s tricks to annoying/scare the guests of the manor were clever and fit her so well. Honestly, I can’t blame her for wanting to have some fun. I enjoyed the turn of events immensely and the ending was simply perfe ...more
Kathy Jo
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute book! I really enjoyed it. Charlotte and Sean were fun characters! :)
Jessica
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is such a fun little book! I love paranormal romances and time travel so this was perfect for me. It was a very quick read, and I think the romance would have really benefited from some more time to develop. I wish this was a full novel rather than a novella. I think the extra time for character development is necessary. Otherwise, this is really fun and sweet and I definitely recommend it.

This ebook was provided to me through a Goodreads giveaway. Thank you to Heather B. Moore, the publis
Kelly
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, novella
First, I want to address the ghost love point. I have friends who won't read books with a ghost love interest. They say if you are dead, you are dead. But this one has an interesting twist to it and it's a good one that validates how things work out in the end! So, don't not read it because of that! You will like it!

Lady Charlotte has a bit of a reputation in the town. People steer clear of the manor that she haunts! The curse that keeps her bound to the manor is an interesting one. And after ov
Melissa
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was a short love story. The whole feeling of this book was rushed. It also didn't feel realistic. It is rare but can happen where the author makes you believe that supernatural stuff can and does happen. This didn't feel real and there were some ghosty inconsistencies. In the first of the book she could touch objects at the end she can't. I hate stuff like that. It is clean and short and filled a couple hours.
Jessie
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am a sucker for ghost stories, especially fall in love with a ghost stories. When Sean goes to Scotland to prepare his newly inherited estate for sale, he doesn't expect a ghost. He also doesn't expect to feel drawn to her.

I enjoyed the setting in Scotland, the superstition, the curse that could have Charlotte tied to the manor in the first place. I also loved Sean and Charlotte together. Since she's a ghost, they can't touch or kiss. This led to a story where the characters talk and get to kn
Corey
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this! I loved Lady Charlotte's personality and how she spoke out of turn so often. I liked the ending. The only thing I thought should have been different (aside from wishing it were a full length novel) was the amount of time it took them to fall in love. There could have just been a paragraph describing them talking and walking through the gardens together each day for a month or so before they felt like they loved each other. One day doesn't seem like enough.
Taffy
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Opening line:
""“This is sooo romantic,” Michele said as she grabbed Sean’s arm."

A Scottish manor, a sassy ghost and a ethereal romance all rolled into this novella that's a quick read and hard to put down.
Sean and Michele are engaged and all is going well until the ghost of Breken Manor shows up.
Lady Charlotte is weighed to earth by a curse, thanks to her mother, and she can't move on until a couple of things happen. For one, the owner of the manor has to love her.
Marisa
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't know why I'm the least bit surprised how captivating this newest novel was for me! Just finished a book that wasn't my favorite and picked this one up and completely devoured it in a couple nights staying up way too late!!! I not only liked the story idea but I love falling in love with characters. Definitely a must-read.
Nicki
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! What a fun read. I totally did not like Michele so was happy to see how that turned out. But the lady ghost was a delight! I like the relationship between the Lady and owner. How cool would it be to inherit a manor! Add a ghost and I am so there! The story was fun and different.

Thanks to the author for giving me the book to read. It was well worth the time spent.
Natasha
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
*I received this via Goodreads Giveaways in exchange for an honest review. All my opinions are my own.*

I thought it was cute. A bit rushed but I’m happy for how it ended! Was a very easy read, but something I’ll find myself reading in the future again.
Erin
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was cute if you are looking for a short insta-love novella to sit and enjoy one evening. You could pick it apart, but it's basically a novella so you kinda know it's going to be fast, and it wasn't a big time commitment. It was perfect to fill a pint-sized romance craving, to read just for fun and relaxation on a free night without having to commit to a big novel. Short and sweet and relatively satisfying. I'm giving it 2 stars because it fills that niche. You just have to be okay with the ...more
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, mystery, romance
I wasn't sure what to expect with this being labeled as "paranormal romance" but I was pleasantly surprised. After inheriting a haunted mansion from a crazy uncle, Sean sets out to see the manor before he sells it. His fiance doesn't share his enthusiasm about the spirit who shares the home. Lady Charlotte enjoys playing tricks on visitors to the manor. A new owner-especially one young and handsome turns her mind to breaking the curse that has kept her prisoner for so many decades.
I wanted more
Charissa
This ghostly romance pits Sean, the new owner of Breken Manor who is engaged to Michele, against Charlotte, the ghost who inhabits his inherited estate. She has been banned there by an ancient curse set by her mother, and is extremely bored. But when Sean shows up with Michele, her life (or existence) takes on new meaning. Sean seems to be intuitively sensitive to her smell and emotions, and she might just find herself falling in love if she’s not careful.

This was a light, fun, shorter read set
Ballet in AK
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lady of Breken Manor by Heather B. Moore (4 stars)

A paranormal romance that is sweet and fun to read. Well-written, well-edited, believable characters, and good plot. An enjoyable novella about a curse, a beautiful ghost and a handsome heir-of-the-manor. Good romantic tension. It's hard to go wrong with Heather B. Moore, she's a talented writer.
Teya Peck
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heather, wow! I LOVED this story! I think I have read another similar or it was this one I beta read. So good. Well written and I love that you stuck to unwritten rules. I LOVED the quotes from Princess Bride. I laughed. Good Job!
Julie
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just finished "Lady of Breken Manor" by Heather B Moore. It was delightful. Sean travels to see his recently inherited manor in Scotland with his fiancé. Little did they know that it was hunted by Lady Charlotte who had been cursed to haunt the home until the owner fell in love with her. Many owners had come and gone by the time Sean inherited. Can a flesh and blood man fall in love with a ghost? It was a quick fun read with likable characters.
Amy
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lady of Breken Manor is another beautiful read by Heather B Moore. This author really knows how to write great short, clean, romantic historical's. This one is no exception. I loved it! Highly recommended.

5+ stars.

I received this book from the author, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.
Susan K
Romance, clean
This was a shorter novella. Charlotte's story of her spirit being unable to escape the place of her death due to a curse intertwines with the present with Sean, the new owner who comes to the manor with his fiance.
Fun imagining of a ghost story, loved Sean's ability to 'see' and hear her. His determination, and his courage to try to help Charlotte be free of the curse was a lovely story. Beautiful, sweet fall for both of them, and loved the resolution. I always hope for more with a
Patti
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the variety Heather B. Moore has in her writing! This was a fun one about a ghost that has been forced to haunt a manor house in Scotland. The new owner of Breken Manor, Sean, arrives from America with his fiancé, Michele, to check out what he has inherited from a great uncle. The ghost, Lady Charlotte, has been dead for nearly two centuries. She is destined to haunt the manor until a certain curse has been dispelled.

Sean can definitely feel and smell Lady Charlotte, but Michelle is creep
MJSH
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Definitely an interesting paranormal story. I don't read paranormal books so reading this book was taking a step out from my comfort zone. I surprised myself by thoroughly enjoying it, even though I didn't enjoy the paranormal aspects of the plot.

Heather B Moore's writing style is fun and easy to read. The setting of Scotland is lush and so beautiful. There is a love triangle here and I really dislike love triangles, especially ones involving engagements. However, this particular love triangle
Pattisue
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lady Charlotte is cursed, confined to haunt the halls of Breken Manor. “She was known for running out potential buyers.” She amuses herself with the current tenants, while hoping for the one to beak the curse. “It was because of a man that she couldn’t pass to the other side.” When Sean McKinley inherited Breken Manor, he only planned to sell it and get on with his life. But fate had other plans for him. For 150 years, she has waited for him. He couldn’t touch her or help her but could he love h ...more
Adrienne
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
When Sean inherits a manor in Scotland, he plans to put it up for sale as soon as possible. Even when he and his fiancee are warned that the manor is haunted by a ghost who won't let them sell, Sean isn't really concerned. However, when he actually MEETS the ghost--Lady Charlotte--and finds out about the curse that keeps her tied to the manor, he finds his plans changing.

I don't really read much paranormal stuff--ghosts and the like aren't really my thing--but I really enjoyed this story. I tho
Amy Ingalls
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I won this book in a giveaway. First, the cover is beautiful. As for the story itself, I felt like it was a perfect outline for a longer, Gothic novel. An old manor, a beautiful cursed women, a scorned fiancee-- it could have been great. As a shorter novella, it wasn't bad but I just wanted more. One thing that did bother me, a lot, was the inconsistency in Charlotte's ability to connect with this world. In the beginning of the story she is deadheading roses, working in the garden, hiding pillow ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Courting Carrie in Wonderland
  • Long Journey Home (Longing for Home, #4)
  • A Season in London
  • A Holiday in Bath
  • Road to Rosewood
  • Chivalrous (Valiant Hearts, #2)
  • The Killing Curse (Omar Zagouri #4)
  • Saphyre Snow
  • The Darkest Summer
  • Song Breaker
  • Within the Dark Hills
  • The Grecian Princess (Isabelle Webb #3)
  • One Thing I Know
  • The Governess of Penwythe Hall (Cornwall, #1)
  • Sadie (Sadie, #1)
  • Summer by the Tides
  • Garden Plot
  • Outshine (House of Oak #5)
Heather B. Moore is a USA Today bestselling author, with a dozen historical written under the pen name H.B. Moore. Latest is Slave Queen (Thomas & Mercer). Under Heather B. Moore she writes romance and women’s fiction and inspirational non-fiction, latest is Condemn Me Not: Accused of Witchcraft. Her various author names can be confusing so her kids just call her Mom.

Visit her blog for writing