Start by marking “Aiden (Vested Interest, #2)” as Want to Read:
Aiden (Vested Interest, #2)

Aiden

(Vested Interest #2)

USA Today Best Selling Series

Three young men meet in university and form a lifelong friendship.

Their pasts dictate the men they are, but their present shapes their future.
What happens when these men meet the one person they are destined to be with? Can they fight their feelings and walk away? Or will they each succumb and learn the sweet agony of love?

Aiden

Haunted
ebook, 1st Edition, 237 pages
Published May 7th 2018 by Moreland Books Inc (first published April 27th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Aiden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aiden

Start your review of Aiden (Vested Interest, #2)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Aiden is book two in the Vested Interest series by Melanie Moreland. In the first book, we got to know Bentley, the leader of the company, BAM. And the woman who won his heart, Emmy. Now it’s Bentley’s best friend, Aiden’s turn.

Aiden Callaghan is Bentley’s best friend. Like Bentley, we know Aiden has secrets, all three of these men do. As soon as I opened this book, the prologue ripped my heart right out. I don’t know if I’ve ever had a reaction like that. I literally wanted to jump into the bo
Alex ♈
There is a myth*, that a kind and patient woman can change a damaged man…

And this myth* is a solid foundation of the majority of romance books.

Thanks to my friend’s reviews I knew what to expect. And I was sure I’d dislike this hero a lot and feel for the heroine. Yes, I disliked him, but didn’t hate him; but… I couldn’t find any pity for Cami.

Girl, girl, girl…. when a man doesn’t want a relationship and is clear about it from the very beginning, try not to fall in love; and if you did (which is
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Aiden Callaghan is a gorgeous, single, wealthy guy living in Toronto. He runs a successful company called BAM with his two best friends Bentley & Maddox. He's the VP as well as the head of security. He's respected & admired by many, but doesn't see himself as others do. He was raised in an awful environment where he was made to feel insignificant, and now has issues with trust and showing emotion. He doesn't like to talk about his past. It was a painful time i
Nicola
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
After thoroughly enjoying Bentley , I couldn’t wait to get my hands on Aiden—going on first introductions, he clearly had a story to tell.

description

One thing you can be almost certain of when you pick up a Melanie Moreland book is that you’re going to be greeted with a man to love and Aiden absolutely ticked that box for me. Guarded, protective and incredibly funny, this mountain of a man is complex as how others see him is not how he sees himself. And as happy as he is that Bentley has found the woman
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Hanne
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Aiden is the second book in the Vested Interest series. What an amazing addition to that series! I loved this book! It’s beautiful and emotional. Aiden tells us Aiden and Cami’s love story. If you have read the first book, Bentley (currently on sale for 0.99$), than you already know Aiden and Cami. Aiden is one of Bentley’s best friends and Cami is Emmy’s best friend.

Cami is sweet, loving, kind, feisty, supportive and passionate. She goes to college and works at a store. She can be very busy, bu
Somia
A man haunted by his past; Aiden Callaghan feels that he can’t be what Cami Wilson needs, he wants her but instinct and the belief he is somewhat broken has him pushing her way continuously.

The start of this book drew me in and had me aching for the little boy that Aiden was, as a grown man I liked how much he cared for Cami when she was hurt and in danger, but one key thing I wasn’t happy about was the fact there was no grovelling by Aiden for zillion times he pushed Cami away, which was rather
Alaina
Aiden is the second installment of the Vested Interest series. It was an audio I got from my Hoopla and I honestly really enjoyed it. However, a lot of it was highly predictable.

This book follows Aiden and his sort of relationship with Cami. Of course they had that push and pull like every cliche relationship has lately. He can't be the guy for her but he still wants to sleep and protect the shit out of her. She just ends up loving the shit out of him unconditionally like a puppy yet gets her h
Kate
I had this read in a blink of an eye that is how much I enjoyed this book. It is heartfelt, funny and a real gem. I felt so much in this book. You know when you read the second in the series and you are hoping that it won’t epically fail because you enjoyed the first book so much? Yep this was my worry here but thankfully there was no need for me to worry. It was near perfection.

We meet Cami & Aiden in book 1 and now it is their turn to fall in love and get their happily ever after. With hurdles
My Own Bookshelves
My entire Monday was spent on devouring this book by Melanie Moreland. When the first chapter of Bentley was read, I said "I need to know more about this friend of his." He is funny, and charming. That friend who is always there to lend a hand and help you out. I love a man who can make you laugh and laugh at himself. He is protective of those around him so all the boxes for my 'book boyfriend' were checked off.

But this man has layers.

So many layers.

I didn't expect Aiden to take me on the emo
CC
Yikes I hate a doormat heroine! I really disliked this heroine. She rolled over and let the hero treat her like crap, push/pull/push/pull, rinse repeat. Aside from being boring a pretty boring story, I just wanted her to kick him to the curb since he lacked a set of balls. Yea - I know he had a sad and bad childhood. But a 30 something year old man (a very successful one) needs to stop blaming mommy and daddy at some point.

Not sure I will read the 3rd book. Sounds like more of the same.

Rejane
May 07, 2018 marked it as no-way-jose
Read Eve Recinella 3 stars review.

Hero humiliates heroine. He’s a douchebag and she’s a doormat. 😒
♡Tonya♡
May 07, 2018 marked it as not-interested
I'm hearing a lot of pushing away ...more
Mou
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars.

Not very impressing. A person who overcomes his insecurities and becomes successful is obviously a great thing. But a person who holds his past and push other people because of his past also shows a sign of weakness. It means at the end whatever you achieved means nothing.

About mental illness, the people who are suffering because of it I feel sad for them. A agree with the heroine's decision they need help, not punishment.

Again, I didn't like the fact that the heroine pushes the her
J. Grayland
Oct 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Aiden is haunted by the memories of his past and hides behind his impressive large physique, he's abrupt and a stickler for security. He has been bedding Cami for a while with no strings attached and unable to commit anything more to her until it hits him that Cami means a lot more to him than just a casual romp between the sheets. Now he needs to learn how to wine, dine and romance her and hope that she doesn't break his heart. I really like this second book in the series, I love the friendship ...more
Isha Coleman
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
He's the life of the party when everyone's around. Aiden knows how to turn on the charm and make the whole world his stage, but when the lights tone down and the crowds disappear his demons continue to haunt and push him around. Cami brings light into an often dark place. She sees the shadows that linger in his eyes and longs to rescue his soul. Can the boy that nobody wanted become the man she needs him to be? A broken heart, a damaged soul and an unlikely heroine light up the night with compas ...more
Dísir
Melanie Moreland is a new author to me but the premise of the series did sound promising: 3 friends, a booming business and 3 women in their circle as they eventually pair up in 3 successive books.

Aiden Callaghan’s hiding deep pain—what exactly we don’t really know till much later, except that it’s so painful he won’t talk about it, gets rude and shuts people down when the slightest thing said reminds him of it. It’s hidden behind jokes and banter, but the guy’s got issues. Cami knows it, but w
Mahima
Mar 20, 2021 rated it liked it
An average read of some of the most triggered topics ( altogether).
No doubt the storyline was intriguing but the storytelling was way too quick, taken the subjects taken required more words! The word length didn't satisfy me.

Character building was not require as we knew about protagonists from the previous book only, still they were good at their own things... being themselves.

Writing style of the author I would say is very easy to grasp...you could go through the whole paragraph with few second
Big Joe  Rossi
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aiden Callaghan had a very hard childhood, one that has left deep scars. He has trust issues, emotional issues and doesnt believe in love. He is open and honest with the women he sees, it is sex only and can never be nothing more.

Enter Cami Wilson, best friend to Emily, who is dating Bentley, his best friend. What starts as an agreed sexual relationship soon gets clouded as Cami see through the facade that Aiden shows everyone. Soon she develops feelings,maybe love, but Aiden isnt open to it, h
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How could someone break my heart, yet make me want them with just one look?

I swear, it’s like Melanie Moreland has a VIP pass to my heart or something. Otherwise, how else would she—her books and her characters—manage to find her way in time after time?

Aiden is . . . well, wonderful. Heartfelt and sexy, a little suspenseful and a whole lot captivating. Basically, I loved every page, every interaction, every hint and taste and tease.

Piece

And oh, OH, how I loved the titular character. I mean, wha
Cathy
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Melanie Moreland has done it again!

I love the boys of BAM, their friendship is so strong and they look out for each other like family, and I adore their banter! I couldn't wait for Aiden's story after Bentley and I was not disappointed.

Aiden is all Alpha, strong and strict, but once you break through his outer walls to friendship he will protect you with everything he has. The prologue gives us an insight into his childhood, and how he views himself, it's heart-breaking and we can see why he be
Darlene Avery
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Aiden by Melanie Moreland is phenomenal! I absolutely love the way Moreland gives her readers all the feels with both realistic and bold characters, as well as storylines that capture your heart.

Aiden is a tortured soul, who battles the demons of his past even though he has reached great success. He is an example that each of us hold onto things that have shaped us from a young age. However, he also shows us what determination and loyalty to friends can do to help build a life full of fulfillmen
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ Jeri the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Lets start with the most important issue – I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK IN THAT SERIES ..

Now that this is out of the way – here are my thoughts on Aiden – the second book in the Vested Interest series by Melanie Moreland

I already read several books by this author so I already had some idea how the writing style might be and I was not disappointed. In fact I received the review information early enough so that I was able to read the first book in that series (Bentley) before receiving this o
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Okay, it’s taken me a couple of days to come out of my book coma after reading Aiden and trying to work out a visitation/sharing agreement. P.S. I lost. Totally lost. Anyway . . . Back to Aiden.

I was totally drawn to Aiden in Bentley, knew he had so many layers to peel back to get to the *real* amazing man he is. I love how he allowed himself to be vulnerable to Cami. How she finally cracked through his façade and forced her way into his life.

Aiden’s past is so painful. His self-loathing coming
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
Aiden is such an awesome story. It combines sweet romance, emotional storyline, friendships in so many forms, plus an added bonus of a little danger and mystery.

“She ties me up in knots. She makes me want things I can’t have. To be something I can never be.”

There was difficult but very different childhood for each of the main characters.
Aiden tries running away from his feelings a bit, but Cami is just too awesome to run from! And Aiden doesn’t try to run too fast!! I completely fell in love
Carrie Elks
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Melanie Moreland’s Vested Interest series just keeps getting better. We met Aiden and Cami in Bentley, the first book in the series, and even then it was clear that the two had major chemistry. From the first few pages of Aiden, I could tell I was going to fall in love with them both. Aiden is the perfect hero – strong yet damaged, and in need of love. And Cami was brave yet vulnerable, and clearly in love with Aiden, even when his issues caused him to push her away.

Aiden isn’t just a love story
Syndi
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I am not a big fan on Aiden. I was expecting more from Aiden, the fun and larger than life character. But it turns out he is.... rather flat. Shallow even. Even there is his POV, I still can not connect with him. His character development is jumble and rushed. So thats left Cami as hopeless damsel in distress.

The stalking plot is so weak and un believable. The story can not give the characters to develop more. What I like is the romance sweet swooning words from Miss Moreland. In summary I stil
Donna
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this group of friends

Another winner in this series. Can be read as a stand alone but would recommend starting from first book. This one starts out friends with benefits it is not that steamy but is heartfelt. Both Cami and Aiden have issues to overcome and they have a hard time dealing with that. Love concurs all, with a bit of stalking suspense thrown in and this makes it an enjoyable read. Look forward to finding out about Maddox next.
Becca
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book did not disappoint. Aiden is full of emotion and suspense. I love this series HARD.

Full review to come.
Valentine
Reread

My rating: 3 stars

Ow drama: nope
Om drama: nope

Cheating: nope
H celibate during separation: yes
Triggers: yes but mild

Good things: no drama
Bad things: no grovel

My thoughts: where is my grovel??????
United By Romance: Aiden 1 2 Sep 22, 2018 03:57PM

• Strictly Forbidden (Playboys of New York #2)
  • The Merger (Playboys of New York #3)
  • Without Warning: A Billionaire Romance (Playboys of New York Book 5)
  • Billion Dollar Beast
  • Off Limits (Playboys of New York #1)
  • Billion Dollar Enemy
  • Paradise (The Paradise Club #1)
  • Ryzyko gangstera (Gangsterzy, #3)
  • The Hotshot Chef: A Billionaire Holiday Romance (International Bad Boys Set Book 3)
  • The Takeover (The Miles High Club, #2)
  • Billion Dollar Catch (Seattle Billionaires Book 3)
  • Pokusa gangstera (Gangsterzy, #4)
  • Elijah Wolfe (Wolfe Brothers #1)
  • Blood from Blood. Vito. Mancuso Family. Tom 1
  • The Groomsman
  • Call Me Crazy (Bellamy Creek, #3)
  • Taking Control: A Billionaire Boss Romance (Playboys of New York Book 4)
  • Make Me Yours (Bellamy Creek, #2)
See top shelves…
Welcome Romance Readers!
Join my newsletter for news on upcoming releases and sales CLICK HERE

Make sure to follow me on Amazon for new release alerts CLICK HERE

Join me on Facebook in my reader group CLICK HERE

Check out my excerpts on Book+Main CLICK HERE

A bit about me:
NYT/WSJ/USAT International bestselling author Melanie Moreland, lives a happy and content life in a quiet area of Ont

Vested Interest (7 books)
  • Bentley (Vested Interest, #1)
  • Maddox (Vested Interest, #3)
  • Reid (Vested Interest, #4)
  • Van (Vested Interest, #5)
  • Halton (Vested Interest, #6)
  • Sandy (Vested Interest #7)

News & Interviews

“What happened?" "I tried to do one of those roundy type kicks. I missed."
"You're not ready for a roundhouse kick, Emmy. Far from it. That's a whole other type of training." "I saw it on the internet. It looked easy." I snorted, and Bentley rolled his eyes. "How many times do I have to tell you to stay off Google?”
1 likes