Start by marking “The Storms of Crait (Star Wars: The Last Jedi)” as Want to Read:
The Storms of Crait (Star Wars: The Last Jedi)

The Storms of Crait

(Star Wars: One-Shots)

3.39  ·  Rating details ·  216 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
This December, the soon-to-be thrilling Star Wars: The Last Jedi rocks movie screens across the world…and the reverberations are felt all around a galaxy far, far away! First up, learn the secret of the mineral planet Crait! Long before it became a battleground between the Resistance and the First Order, Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa led the Rebellion there in search of a ...more
Published October 4th 2017 by Marvel

Alejandro
The first visit to Crait!

This is one-shot comic book, serving as tie-in to “Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi”, set after of “Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope” but before of “Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back”.

Creative Team:

Writers: Ben Acker & Ben Blacker

Illustrator: Mike Mayhew

VISIT CRAIT! IT’S CHEAP!

In this one-shot comic book, you get the first visit by the Rebel Alliance to the planet Crait which is a key scenario in the film of Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Las
Ben Brown
A pretty average tie-in issue made solely to tie into the planet featured in “The Last Jedi,” “The Storms of Crait” is one of those one-shots that doesn’t do a whole lot that you haven’t already seen before, but also doesn’t do anything so poorly as to make it unreadable. The issue’s biggest hindrance, unfortunately, is the art. I’m not sure why Marvel seems so dead-set on hiring artists that rely on tracing over original penciling, but between Salvador Larrocca on the main “Star Wars” ongoing a ...more
Brandon St Mark
I still haven't seen the Last Jedi (I keep meaning to and I want to see it in the theatre, but I also go see them with my mom so our scheduals have to line up as well as our budget lol), but I do basically know what happens in this movie. So I say this all in preface to my review.

This was a really pointless comic. I mean it was cool to see Scar Squadron, but they were really the only upside to this (there weren't even any crystal foxes!!!) The "background" story behind Crait really could’ve just
Steven Shinder
Dec 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
R.C. Rejino
Shelves: comics
It's fun for what it is - a simple one-shot story set between Episode IV and V. Nothing really unpredictable or unique, but fun nonetheless.
Lance Shadow
Jan 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Every new film that as been released under Lucasfilm's disney backers has had at least one one-shot comic book as a companion. It appears that The Last Jedi will have an additional one that will be about Benicio Del Toro's DJ. But for now we have "The Storms of Crait".

And just like all the others, it didn't impress me all that much. Between C-3PO: The Phantom Limb, Star Wars: Rogue One - Cassian & K2SO Annual (2017) #1, and this one, my favorite by default would be this one for sure. But I
Kait
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-comics
"You want to come after Wedge Antilles, you better bring a star destroyer!"

This issue has some great moments, and includes a few good scenes with Wedge. We get introduced to a new character and hear a little about Leia's dad, and Leia's relationship with Mon Mothma.

The art was great. I wondered on the first page if I was looking at a screen capture from a movie. The artist had facial expressions down, and did great with both existing and new characters.

Sometimes the art was TOO good. No joke. Th
Spencer
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
A fun little one-shot comic with some fantastic art.
Kayla
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
It didn’t bridge the gap between Leia: Princess of Alderaan and Star Wars: The Last Jedi like I had hoped it would but the art is great and the story’s good if you’ve got a little time to kill and/or desire a quick read.
Brandon
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
I found the story didn't actually add a lot of value to the Star Wars mythos. Without going into details, The Last Jedi had led me to believe that Crait was significant during the Rebellion, but this comic kind of derails that. I also found the art style to be a bit jarring. It was almost *too* lifelike, almost like screenshot were taking out of a magazine and taped over the background setting. Not a great story, but I got to enjoy a funny scene with Wedge so there's that.
James Lawner
The artwork was great, it truly captured the likenesses of the actors unlike any Star Wars comic I’ve read before, but on the negative side, it kinda looks like the artist used pictures of the actors and used photoshop to make it look more like a drawn rendering. In terms of the story, I like that it clearly states it takes place directly after A New Hope, but this comic was pretty much made to explain the planet Crait, as it was shown in The Last Jedi, but the planet wasn’t used as a rebel base ...more
Vonze
Not what I expected AT ALL. Cover art is beautiful, and, yeah, inside usually differs. However, it really seemed like the artists took screen captures of the actors and drew over them. That might have been cool, but Han has tons of derp faces, almost to the point he's being trolled (like a party game, haha, how stupid can we might him look in this scene??) Chewie also looked like an ape.

The hype and build-up implied that Crait was super important to the rebellion. What, cause they spent a failed
Stacy
Feb 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-for-work
This is beautifully drawn and coloured. Give Mike Mayhew a big pay raise. I thought this was a decent way to tie the Star Wars comics to the movie franchise. Did it need to exist? Not terribly. It was fun to watch characters like Wedge, or see Han and Leia butt heads. It was even nice to see Luke be whiny. Something kept this story, though, from standing out as a one-shot I'll cherish long after. I think, again, that it was the attempt to tie the comics to the movie that faltered from being perf ...more
pauline marshall
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Don't listen to the haters this comic was amazing!

The only REAL reason I gave it a 4 stars outta 5 though is because it is waaaaaaayyyyy too short. And the art for luke is seriously weird like...that ain't Mark hamil. If your a star wars fanatic and want to read a short quick read of the planet of crait then buy this. If not save your money cause i can see for some people it's a waste of time.

I liked it though .
Joss
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Nice to revisit Crait, after "Leia: Princess of Alderaan" and "The Last Jedi".

I was a bit surprised that Leia kept calling Mon Mothma by her full name. I was under the impression that she had called her "Mon" in other publications. Also, I thought that the banter between the trio of Leia/Luke/Han was a bit superficial and could have benefited from some polishing: otherwise it feels like it was written by an inexperienced writer who stays on the surface of things.
Ryan
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Story-wise, this is an acceptable addition to the Star Wars canon, and basically answers the question of how Leia knew there'd be a place to hide on Crait, as well as explores the thought-process used by the Rebels in the search for a new base after the battle of Yavin. The artwork is incredible, as well. A fun read, but not required-reading.
Christopher Lutz
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Three and a half stars. The story was good as an explanation for why the Rebels couldn’t use Crait as a base against the Empire, and I loved seeing Scar Squadron, but the comic has poor art (Han looked like Kurt Russel) and Luke was totally mischaracterized. He would never ‘resent’ Leia because he had to do more menial work. All Luke did was complain and it felt totally wrong.
Martijn Van
Jan 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Fun little story about the rebels visiting Crait in the search for a new base after fleeing from Yavin 4. Nothing special and not really a tie-in to The Last Jedi, except for being on the saltplanet. But: Did Solo make a joke about Jabba's wife or will this be a future story to be told??
Ahdom
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This comic was pretty awesome. The artwork was great, even if Han looked like a Harrison Ford-Kurt Russel crossover at times. The story was great and ties events from Leia: Princess of Alderaan and The Last Jedi and tied it all together wonderfully. I am eating this up like candy. nom nom nom
Mrklingon
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice backstory to Crait!

This one-off book shows us Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie investigating Crait (seen recently in The Last Jedi) as a prospective Rebel base. There's adventure battle and double-dealing along the way. Good story, great artwork; very enjoyable.
Sam Nicholson
Jul 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-in-order
6/10
Michael Ryzy
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars, comic-book
A good one-shot story linking to the events in Leia: Princess of Alderaan and The Last Jedi. Some nice character moments with the classic trio.
Vinton Bayne
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved Wedge's small part in this. I enjoyed the comic overall, especially since I'm not currently keeping up with any Star Wars comics, but overall it felt like an unnecessary aside.
Rachel
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Interesting artwork, and the story was just okay.
Milan Pohl
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Spíše průměrný one-shot, který prostřednictvím planety Crait propojuje klasické období s filmem Poslední z Jediů. Neurazí ani nenadchne.
Stacey Chancellor
Shelves: comics, star-wars
Loosely tied to the Last Jedi, but there were a few character moments that seemed ok. Pretty good overall.
Don
Jul 22, 2018 rated it liked it
A nice story. Even had a The Last Jedi tie in, which was cool. Now I need to see that movie again.
Roberto Carlos
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This short yet nice read was a glimpse of Luke, Leia, and Han seeking refuge for the rebellion. There’s nothing much else to say other than it was a concise display of the trio’s personalities.
Alexhitohop
Feb 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-manga
Sin entender muy bien lo de la base rebelde en crait
Benjamin Pauly
Feb 08, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Aka: Benjamin Acker

Star Wars: One-Shots (8 books)
  • Star Wars: Vader Down #1
  • C-3PO - The Phantom Limb (Star Wars)
  • Star Wars: The Screaming Citadel #1
  • Cassian & K-2SO (Star Wars: Rogue One)
  • Droids Unplugged (Star Wars)
  • DJ: Most Wanted (Star Wars: The Last Jedi)
  • Star Wars: Beckett (2018) #1