Start by marking “Vossoff and Nimmitz: Just a Couple of Idiots Reupholstering Space and Time” as Want to Read:
Vossoff and Nimmitz: Just a Couple of Idiots Reupholstering Space and Time

Vossoff and Nimmitz: Just a Couple of Idiots Reupholstering Space and Time

ERNST VOSSOFF Ruthless. Maniacal.KARL NIMMITZ Annoying. Incomprehensible. So doglike he sticks his head out car windows to let his ears flap in the wind.Together with the wealthy and glamorous Dejah Shapiro, they encounter alien coffee tables, bunny rabbits the size of planets, and a certain cylindrical space station. Can the universe survive?
Published October 1st 2002 by Wildside Press (first published July 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Vossoff and Nimmitz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vossoff and Nimmitz

Bryan
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read a few of these stories back in the day when they were published in the glossy magazine Science Fiction Age. However, I didn't rate them as highly back then, perhaps due to some confusion as to the characters and their relationships.

Sitting down to read this, I wonder why I was confused, as the basic plot premise is pretty easy to understand. It helps that each story is presented in chronological order, so I'm glad that I was finally able to read the sequence without missing any details, a
Peter Tillman
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Entertaining, agreeably silly linked stories.

"Ernst Vossoff and Karl Nimmitz: How boldly the names of those two hapless thugs and misadventurers resonate throughout the universe, even unto future and past eras!"

This is an entertaining collection of linked stories, first published in the late "Science Fiction Age" magazine. They were all new to me, and are agreeably silly. Other readers' reactions to humor are famously unpredictable, but I got quite a few chuckles, reading IDIOTS. The stories wo
Tim
Jul 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, sf
Vossoff and Nimmitz are a couple of supposed criminals bumbling their way around a futuristic universe. They fancy themselves dangerous masterminds, but usually succeed in harming only themselves. This is space age slapstick with lots of goofy dialogue and totally bizarre situations that exceed anything Douglas Adams came up with in the weirdness department. Some of those are really bust-out-laughing hilarious. E.g. our heroes travel to a bland, distant planet populated only by 2 highly advanced ...more
Keith Bell
Wait a minute, half a star you say?? This book was horrible. Took me forever to get through. Hated every second of it.... but couldn't put it down each time I picked it up and laughed out loud many times!!

Clever, satirical and ridiculous all at once. Stories follow 2 bumbling Friends, Partners and later Enemies through brilliantly imagined asinine adventures. It may take a while to get through it but it will give you much to ponder and laugh at.
Janet O'dell
Fun read

I had a subscription to Science Fiction Age and had remembered these stories. It was a nice distraction from the news of the day to read and enjoy these stories.
Odo
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5/5.0
Jeff
Dec 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is an amusing series of connected short stories featuring a couple of blundering space criminals. A light read but very entertaining, humorous science fiction.
Krud
Jun 19, 2015
Stewart Tame
Sep 29, 2014
Al
rated it did not like it
Apr 14, 2009
added it
Apr 30, 2016
Steven
Jul 10, 2017
Adam-Troy Castro made his first professional sale to Spy magazine in 1987. Since then, he's published 12 books and almost 80 short stories. Among those stories are "Baby Girl Diamond" (nominated for the Bram Stoker Award) and "The Funeral March of the Marionettes" (nominated for the Hugo and Nebula Awards in 1998). "The Astronaut from Wyoming," a collaboration with Jerry Oltion, appeared in Analog ...more