Start by marking “Break Free (Glen Springs, #3)” as Want to Read:
Break Free (Glen Springs, #3)

Break Free

(Glen Springs #3)

Eric

When life serves up the worst, just put on your best face and greet the day with a smile. That's the philosophy that's made my mom the strongest person I know, and it's one I've tried to live by, too. With a great job running a very successful diner, it seems like the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Only... my face is always just an act. Years ago, I let a
Published December 26th 2017 by LoveLight Press

To ask other readers questions about Break Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Break Free

Start your review of Break Free (Glen Springs, #3)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I had a hard time getting into this story and found myself skimming several passages. The entire story is essentially summarized via internal monologue; there is very little showing.

The relationship felt contrived; I didn't get the whole flirting for months without ever talking or hanging out thing, and I never felt the passion between the guys.

Even the angst felt subdued. I couldn't muster an emotional reaction to Eric's past, and Reeve's "I'm such a failure" routine got tiresome.
Cadiva
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another solid romance in this series

3.5*

Alison Hendricks writes well-developed romances with just enough of a mix between sweet and spicy to stop them ever becoming full and this is no exception.

I liked both Eric and Reeve, each had flaws and frailties, each had their own personal strength and together they were a great pair.

The domestic violence element of the narrative was handled with a respectful touch and it never felt like it was being treated simply as a vehicle to cause plot tension.

I fe
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***2 Stars***

I had a hard time getting into this book. Mainly because it doesn't feel fully developed. We jump into the story with Eric and Reeve already having developed a flirty relationship, so I didn't get a chance to connect to their friendship. Also, neither of their backstories felt fully fleshed out.

Especially Reeve's. His feeling of being a failure fell flat for me. We don't get the full picture until over halfway into the book and by then it was too late for me.

Also, I never warmed u
Ami
3.75 stars rounded up

Break Free is the third book in Alison Hendricks' Glen Springs' series; although each title can be read as stand alone.

Eric is the chef at Gracie's Diner. Reeve, who works security at Glen Springs' Hospital is his favorite customer. So far both only interact at the diner, and though they might recognize attraction on the other man, neither Eric nor Reeve ever make the first move. Until someone from Eric's past returns and endangers his life and Eric finds comfort from R
Santy
Once again as is becoming the usual for this series, I loved this!

It was a bit angstier and more emotional than the first two books but it was soooo good. I only wish there was more of Reeve and Eric as a couple beyond the incidences with Reeve’s case and Eric’s psycho-ex.

I loved the secondary characters as usual and I thought the pacing was very apt. I enjoyed the relationship between Eric and his mum;Gracie. I smiled whenever she came on page because you can see that beneath the punk , badass
Bo
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
This started out as a solid 4 star read for me until the end. There was a situation at the end that was somewhat preposterous to me. I don't want to give any spoilers away, but it really went against character for me. Reeve is a former detective, and he seemed incompetent at the end, and it really ruined it for me. I really enjoyed this read, but I had to take a star away for the ending. ...more
Leanne640
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, mm, books-i-own

I was excited for this book because I’ve loved Eric in the other instalments of this series. On the outside Eric appears to have his life together, he runs a successful restaurant and has great friends and an awesome mother, but behind his smile and happy facade he’s dealing with a past that haunts him. For Eric the highlight of every day is when Reeve visits his restaurant Gracie’s after his shift as a security guard at the local hospital.

Reeve is an ex-cop who now works as a securit
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
I really liked this one. Eric's hiding of what happened intrigued me - with his Mom especially. It rang kind of true. I found the writing easy to read, and I didn't want to stop until I was finished. ...more
Alexis Woods
An ARC of this book was provided by the author in return for an honest review.

As per other books in this series, this one also is earning only three stars from me. I will say that the author's use of first person present tense has gotten significantly better than her earlier works. That was on the plus side. However, there is still a distinctive lack of "differences" between the men.

The story started out promising. I really liked the teasing banter between MCs Eric and Reeve. Angst quickly sets
Alison
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I think this is my favorite of the Glen Springs series. I loved both Reeve and Eric. Strong men, but not without their issues. Eric is still struggling with the "ramifications" of an old relationship. Reeve a former cop still haunted by things seen and not done. The harmless, casual, yet constant flirtations become something more as Reeve and Eric get to know one another at a level neither truly considered.

When an ex comes to town,
Amber
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked Break Free by Alison Hendricks. It's the last book in the Glen Springs series. The book starts out a little slow and I didn't really care for the main characters on their own but I did like when they started interacting together. I would have liked a little more heat to the book. It was definitely a slow burn. But all of the questions and problems that the characters go through are tied up nicely in the end. Overall a nice end to the series. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy ...more
Wendy Moore
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Best of the three books. Heavy subject handled well with an HEA!!
K
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I was excited to get Eric's story because he was such a vibrant and carefree character in the previous book. Once we meet him, however, we learn most of that is a window-covering. He's hiding a lot of hurt and fear underneath his facade and he's also hiding from those around him that love him most.

Eric was raised by one of the strongest women he knows and he never wants to let her down so when his mother's health starts declining he picks himself up and heads home to help her. He, also,
Tanja
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story starts on a joyful note with the flirty and lively Eric, who we know from the first books in the series Final Stretch and Last Bell, but it soon turns somewhat darker. Eric has secrets, dark secrets, and his past is coming back to bite him in the worst way possible. He won’t burden his mother, but thankfully, albeit tentatively, he can turn to the new resident in town, former cop, Reeve. Reeve also has his reasons to keep a low profile and not cross the line with Eric. But taking care ...more
Kerry
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED Eric and Reeve's story...this one is a must read.

We have met Eric previously in Final Stretch and Last Bell as the flirty and vivacious dinner owner....little did we know he holds secrets that threaten to destroy him when his ex shows up in town again. Reeve is an ex-cop turned security guard who is fighting a decision made long ago that left him battered and torn. He is lonely and isolated but desperately longs for more, even if he feels he doesn't deserve it and is a failure.
Together t
Kristian Erdmann
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was excited not only about Eric but about his mom she is too much and did not disappoint!! Eric on the outside has it all together but it's not all as good as it seems to be but the highlight of his day for sure is the moments Reeve come into his restaurant.
Reeve used to be a cop but now works as a security guard due to things he'd rather not about but things that he still trys to deal with. He's trying to move on from his past but not sure how which is why he's not sure what to do with his f
Violet  Marshall
Recommends it for: Yes
This is the third book in The Glen Springs Series. An intriguing book the writing was good. The plot was entertaining and it was steady throughout the book. I found the story and characters wonderful. The characters were developed and thought out. Eric and Reeve are the MC’s of this book. There was humor, ex-cop, security guard, a business owner, a diner, nasty ex-boyfriend, a past murder, a feisty mom, friends, vandalism and so much more in this book.

Here is a quote from the book, “Where’d you
L Cam
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
What made me like this book was Reece. I absolutely love the tough guy with a heart of gold. Something about caretakers in the story who are written the way this one as an MC really brought me the warm fuzzies. I always love the extremes in the characters because when one MC makes the progress and growth as seen in this, that can only can achieve with a specific character type it makes the story that much more special.

Also you'll have to appreciate slow burn stories. This one doesn't have the au
John-Torleif  Harris
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reeve and Eric were hard for me to really get into as a couple. I understand Reeve’s disillusionment with the justice system, but basically losing all motivation and ambition in life because of it seemed too much like giving up and not really in keeping with his character. With his desire to help, but not be bound by all of the rules that surround police work, I would have thought that he would go more into PI work and not be a hospital security guard.

I felt more of a connection to Eric and his
Brittany Kornkven
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was excited to read Eric’s story. He’s one of those characters that don’t often get their own HEA, a side character brought in a for the comic relief, good times, forget about your troubles, etc. I liked that we find out he has more to him. However, his situation with his ex took til the end of the book to resolve and when it was, it didn’t feel very realistic. Why would a former cop handle that that way? So Reeve, the former cop, he seemed very sweet and protective but by the end I felt like ...more
Dara Nelson
Shelves: for-blog
Yes! I've wanted Eric's story for a while now and I'm so glad I got it. And Reeve.....sigh.....yeah. Watching the two of them finally come together was like watching the mating dance of two beautiful birds - fascinating in its complexity, devastating in its beauty and ultimately perfect in its completion. And everyone else in this story - Gracie especially - gave it the perfect amount of humanity that it needed. Not sure yet if there will be another in this series but I will definitely be keepin ...more
Amanda at WickedGoodReads
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Seems like I have been waiting for Eric's story forever!!!

Eric-sexy chef at the local diner in the town of Glen Springs. If anyone deserves their HEA it is this guy.

Reeve-sexy ex-cop who visits said diner every day....

These two are drawn to each other, but neither ever makes an actual move. That is, until fate in the form of an ex from Eric's past makes an ugly appearance and Reeve, desperate to right the wrongs of his past, steps up to help Eric stay safe.

What follows is a sweet romance, a lit
Stacy Mitchell
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best Glen Springs book yet!

Every M/M author should be required to read this book. Alison took a common theme and handled it brilliantly. The characters are mature. No harsh words were slung. They actually thought before they spoke if you can imagine that. And the inevitable wasn’t dragged out. I hate when you know it’s going to happen and have to read through pages of thought first. Congrats on a great job!
Mary
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
I thought it was a cute story; had a little bit of angst. I have not read the previous two books so I didn't find myself missing anything. One thing I always comment about how the author writes: sentence structure, word usage, and imagination. Alison Hendricks had it in spades. Another author to keep track. ...more
T.L. Travis
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this intense

You really touched on a subject that will hit home with many other readers. I appreciate that you didn’t go in depth with the abuse, but treaded lightly into it to get the scene across. Furthermore, I think it speaks a lot to your character that you followed the story up with numbers for those affected to call for help.

Truly a great story.
Lyra French
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wooooooowwwwww

This is one of the best books I've ever read. The characters were believable and relatable, the relationship is passionate without being cheesy, and the problems they face will wrench your heart. Two enthusiastic thumbs way up for this one!
FromTheLab
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Didn’t really feel the romance in this one.

I liked Eric and Reeve but they didn’t seem to have any romantic connection beyond both being involved in domestic violence cases.
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read! Really enjoyed! Can be read standalone as i have not read the rest of the series yet but definately will now! I voluntarily reviewed an arc copy of this book.
Pianisuparse
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 'This was really easy to read and I liked Eric and Reeve. Good amount of intrigue in the storyline and a I think the author dealt with the issue of domestic violence well' stars. ...more
Jenn C
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 ~ Eh - okay storey. A bit slow and draggy in parts and pretty predictable.

• Bio-Mechanical (Irons and Works, #4)
  • Renegades (Breaking the Rules, #1)
  • The Truth Within (Pelican Bay #3)
  • Like Water Catching Fire
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • Love Him Steady (On the Market, #4)
  • The Murder Between Us
  • Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • Love Him Breathless (On the Market, #2)
  • Darcy (Boyfriend for Hire, #1)
  • Sheriff's Secret (Brigs Ferry Bay, #1)
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
  • Last Call (Heartsville, #1)
  • Be Still My Heart (Four Kings Security #2)
  • American Traditional (Irons and Works, #3)
  • Ricochet (Out for Justice #1)
  • Fight for You (Beyond the Cove, #4)
  • Forsaken (Breaking the Rules, #3)

Glen Springs (3 books)
  • Final Stretch (Glen Springs, #1)
  • Last Bell (Glen Springs, #2)