Start by marking “The Dragon Lords (Slayers, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Dragon Lords (Slayers, #4)

The Dragon Lords

(Slayers #4)

A spy’s life is never safe.

Tori knew that sending Aaron to Overdrake to act as a mole would have its risks. Overdrake might find out the truth about Aaron’s intentions—or even worse, convince Aaron that his revolution is necessary.

The rest of the Slayers are less than enthusiastic about Tori and Aaron’s decision. If Aaron switches sides, they’ll have to contend with th
Published January 23rd 2018 by Rally Point Press

Start your review of The Dragon Lords (Slayers, #4)
Jes Drew
Before you read on in this review, know that this is the fourth book in the series. I won't spoil this book, but there will be spoilers from the rest of the Slayers series. You have been warned.

So, after much tossing back and forth for the first three books, I finally made up my mind at the end of the third. I am team Dirk.

This book did not change my mind on that. Of course, I still love Jesse, and feel terrible for him. But ever since Dirk got kidnapped by a dragon in his car, I was going down
Mara
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This picks up right where Playing With Fire (Slayers, #3) left off, and the title fits perfectly because it's all about the dragon lords. Aaron, Dirk's younger brother who had been hidden from Overdrake all of his life, is now living with Overdrake so the Slayers can try and learn where Overdrake is, and how many dragons and dragon eggs he has, and where they are. That's expecting a lot from a 12 year old boy.

The action doesn't quit in this latest installment of the Slayers saga. With Aaron now
Rosie Rizk
While I felt the third book lacked on the super power action as compared with the first two, this one happily picks up full speed again. What I really like about this series - well, second to the awesome super powers, is the way that all the action is combined with actual characters.

This isn't a group of flat teens with abilities. Most of them are given space for their own voices, especially the MC who constantly evolves with each book.

Cons: I hate love triangles. I can understand Tori's dilemm
Leah Feltner
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I debated on whether I wanted to read this book now or wait until the fifth (and final) book came out because this one ends on a cliffhanger...but, I couldn’t resist. Despite the cliffhanger, I still really enjoyed it.
It took me a while to remember the plot line since I hadn’t read the first three books in while but after the first little bit, I didn’t feel lost anymore. However, at the end of the book, Janette wrote a summary of the first three books and it would have totally helped me feel ca
Josephine
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great title. Like reading Harry Potter 5 and 6!

The experience of reading Slayers 4 reminded me of how I felt about Harry Potter 5 and 6 when they first came out. In contrast to the earlier volumes, where I found the individual-book plots more riveting, the overall series arc now feels just as important, if not more so. Already in Slayers 3, the unfolding story was starting to raise new questions at least as quickly as it answered old ones. But the characters made me care too much about
Phyllis
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
My review is for 4.5 Stars

The Dragon Lords is the long-awaited fourth book in the Slayers series. For those of you who haven’t read any of the books, here is the synopsis from the first book. :

Dragons exist. They’re ferocious. And they’re smart: Before they were killed off by slayer-knights, they rendered a select group of eggs dormant, so their offspring would survive. Only a handful of people know about this, let alone believe it – these “Slayers” are descended from the original knights, and a
Christie Powell
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed book 4 much more than 3. A few plotlines that got dropped in 3 came back for 4 (Willow and horses, specifically). It has clear structure, including an exciting climax. The characterization is wonderful and why I keep coming back. I've made friends with these people, I want to spend more time with them. I love the dynamics between characters, including the strained relationships between Dirk&Aaron and Dirk&Tori (yes, I enjoy conflict--I'm an author, and we all know that writing is the o ...more
Tamera Westhoff
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic continuation of Slayers, when's the next one coming out?

I don't want to give anything away! Just know there is a lot going on, which caused me to read until midnight and then wake up early to finish it. I was super excited when it showed up on my Kindle and my kids can't wait to read it! We love the Slayers series! I'm still hoping that Tori chooses a guy, and that Aaron is okay. I'll impatiently wait for the next book... I can't wait to discuss the cliffhanger with my kids!
Julie
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dragons are real. A power-hungry man is planning to use them to take control of the U.S. The unlikely ensemble of teenagers are tasked with saving the world. Even with superpowers they continue to make mistakes and fight amougst each other. It seems impossible until they receive some insder information. I read this book in one day staying up all night because I had to finish it. I was prepared for the cliffhanger this time, the author had left that up to her fans. Most of us replied that we want ...more
Karen
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book by C.J. Hill. I thought it would be the conclusion of the series but it wasn’t. That was probably the biggest surprise of the book. But know I have another book to look forward to. I have enjoyed this series about dragon lords and dragon slayers. Following Dirk, Tori, and Jessie along with the other slayers through this adventure. Now we got to see more of Aaron. Each character had to make decisions that would effect so many others. Who would be loyal to who? Read the book to ...more
T.K.
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
More, please! Since I finished the latest installment in the Slayers saga, I can't help fantasizing about an enormous leather-bound volume that would contain the entire story! I would gobble it up, even if it was too heavy to hold. :)
s i e n n a
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing read from C.J. Hill/Janette Rallison!!! Love this series and the characters!
It's so hard to choose between Jesse and Dirk! I'm leaning towards team Dirk though...
This series is actually awesome though. I definitely recommend it.

So many things that I'm looking forward to in book 5...more Aaron, who Tori chooses (which I guess is technically both, since there's a story for both guys...but still ;)), what happens to Overdrake?, does the country fall?, is there a happy ending for al
Courtney
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was one of my favorites in the series. I love that each book has been starting with an intriguing flashback, and that the action seems to be getting better and better. I don’t think I have ever been more torn about a love triangle. I normally have a clear preference for one suitor over the other but I am so split with this one! The fact that I am that torn speaks volumes about how well these relationships and characters are written. The developments in this book are super interesting and ha ...more
Joanna Smith
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I would really give it a 4.5 stars because I hated that it wasn't a conclusion to the story! That made it feel really disappointing and surprising it ended when it ended. However, I love the characters and the story kept me deeply engaged and I finished the book the day I started it. The series is one of my favorites and my 12 year old has read them, loves them, and has been hounding me for days about when the 5th book is coming out.
Daniele Lamb
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
The 4th book in the Slayers Series and what an adventure reading this one was. Spoilers ahead***
Tori's inner turmoil between being a Slayer and a Dragon Lord get's more complex and we are given more perspective about her Dragon Lord side.

Aarons role in the story as a spy and Overdrakes son was also a great plot addition. It was a realistic take on how a 12 year old would react in that situation (aka of course he's going to want his dads approval even though he despises him).

L
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dragons, hot guys, and snarky comments--A delightful read! Great storyline! Each member of my family enjoyed reading it. Our only complaint is not enough resolution! More installments are still to come and it takes so long:)
Ashley
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in the series

Man life got in the way! I never wanted to put this book down. I really enjoyed how tangled up all the characters’ stories have become in this series! I can’t wait to read the conclusion.
Grace B.
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this series!!! I’m always excited to turn the page and see what happens next. The characters are all extremely well developed and it’s obvious CJ Hill put her whole heart into her writing. Definitely recommend!
Christian
Nov 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
Complete and utter shit. I got half way through it, before abandoning it. Not a single page from Tori's viewpoint had anything to do with the plot. Just whining and bitching about some dumbass boy.

Do not bother reading this book. Don't even consider buying it.
S.J. Carter
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
*3.75

This was a good installment in the series! I didn't like it quite as much as the first couple books just because I found it was missing the team camaraderie/fun angle.
Sara
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another good one

Jesse, Tori and Dirk are cot in a triangle that is getting more complicated. Add a younger brother for Dirk who is playing spy for Tori and things can go wrong.
Hamster
I’m team Dirk all the way.
Hollie Robb
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Elizabeth
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

I'm way to excited for the final book. Time needs to hurry uppp. Don't think I can focus easily on other books till I finish this one
Megan R
Oct 04, 2019
Dianna
Jul 17, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• My Fair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #1)
  • My Unfair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #2)
  • Masquerade
  • A Longtime -and at one point illegal- Crush
  • Blue Eyes and Other Teenage Hazards (Pullman High #1)
  • The World of Divergent: The Path to Allegiant (Divergent, #2.5)
  • Dark Gold (Dark, #3)
  • Dark Fire (Dark, #6)
  • Dark Desire (Dark, #2)
  • Dark Symphony / Dark Secret / Dark Demon / Dark Celebration / Dark Possession (Dark, #9, 12-15)
  • Dark Secret (Dark, #12)
  • Dark Magic (Dark, #4)
  • Fame, Glory, and Other Things on My To Do List
  • My Double Life
  • Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Free Throws
  • Just One Wish
  • Revenge of the Cheerleaders (Pullman High #3)
C.J. Hill is the pseudonym for a popular young adult author who makes her fantasy debut with Slayers.

Slayers (4 books)
  • Slayers (Slayers, #1)
  • Friends and Traitors (Slayers, #2)
  • Playing with Fire (Slayers, #3)