Start by marking “Red (A Brett MacLean Duet)” as Want to Read:
Red (A Brett MacLean Duet)

Red (A Brett MacLean Duet)

4.64  ·  Rating details ·  88 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
It started without trust. Passion. Lust. An all-consuming need; that was all we had in the beginning.

Lies. Betrayal. Deceit. We moved past it all and fell in love anyway.
Over ten years later, with a family of our own, our little world was perfect. Happy.

But then that happiness faded away when she came into our lives.
No control. No power. Just heartbreak and unwanted submis
Published 2018

To ask other readers questions about Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red

J.M. Walker
Feb 23, 2018 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
*A note from the author*

First they were two.
Then they were three.
Now they are five.

When I first met Brett MacLean, I thought he was a douche. He was controlling, dominant (not in a sexy way) and just out right annoyed me.
Fast forward a year later and he started talking to me. It was slow at first.
It was a little nudge here. A poke there. A gentle caress of the mind.
And then his story hit me. It was fast. Hard. And sexy AF. But I still didn't know him.
Did any of us really know Brett MacLean?
An
Christina
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars - 3 Flames

DISCLAIMER - Although you could read this duet as a standalone. I don't recommend it. You have to read at least the first book in the "Torn" series to truly understand what's going on. Including all the feels.

THIS BOOK!!!!!!

I have to admit that I wasn't really a Brett lover. I mean, I liked him, but he wasn't one of my favorite characters. But all that changed after reading this duet. This book is a little different from most. Usually we read a story; guy meets girl, story,
Elaine
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The first book I read by JM Walker was the Torn Trilogy.
I fell hard and fast for Brett Maclean even though it was through Evvie's eyes. I know its just a story but that is how I felt.
Now to see it through his eyes. Even him being his asshole self I still love him as I always have. His story has ripped me apart and stomped on my heart but he tried to put it back together! The whole book was emotionally draining!
I won't tell you why, I won't tell who or what happened but I you will feel the same
Renee
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Red is the first book in A Brett MacLean Duet from J.M. Walker. You should expect to be left hanging since this is a duet. I will go ahead and warn you . I will also go ahead and say I didn't realize that Brett was a character from the Torn Series which for the life of me I can not figure out why I haven't read that series but I hadn't. With that said I didn't feel like I was missing anything without
Gayle
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WTAF….Nup, no, I DID NOT JUST READ THAT!!!
I am a complete mess, my heart is splintered and I can’t even articulate how I am feeling right now….
Guys what an absolute perfect read.

We were first introduced to Brett MacLean in the Torn Trilogy, and look there is no nice way of putting it, but geez what an arrogant a hole he was. But you know what I loved Brett all the same. And Evvie I fell in love with her instantly. Together these guys were and still are my addiction.
So you could only imagine my
Tami czenkus
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First off, If you haven't read The Torn series... Go read it first!!!!!
J.M Walker wrecked me with this book. I LOVE Brett and Evvie together and their story is definitely full of angst and love... BUT.... I KNEW it was too good to be true knowing what I know about the moody Brett McLean!!
Ok... I can't really say too much more without spoiling the story for you but I will say this... GRAB THE TISSUES and a bottle of wine or maybe 2.. you will NEED it!!!
Also reading the beginning from Brett's
Suzzy
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
FINISHED!!!! okay Red was awesome! loved all the up and downs even if I wanted to punch evie out a number of times. Then you gives us that Epilogue and DAMN! Then I got to "re"read my very first book from you in the DICKHEAD'S own words. NICE JOB!!!!! I love that you put clarity to him. LOVED IT!!!!!
Rhonda Ziglar
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS FOR RED!! Get ready for the emotional rollercoaster ride of your life. This story will hit all your emotion buttons all the way through. Brett and Evvie's story is full of sexiness, angst, loving and heartwarming. J.M. Walker does it again with another amazing book that keeps you turning pages. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Wendy Porter
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An emotional read that had me in tears be warned tissues needed. I loved finding out the future of them both. This book has me hooked you won’t want to put down but be warned. I’d highly recommend as a must read.
CAW
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stop and read the Torn trilogy by JM Walker before reading this book, you don’t want to miss out on any of Eviee and Brett’s story. Evvie and Brett’s love story is one of the most heart wrenching, emotionally captivating, could not stop reading stories I have ever read.

In Red we get to see Evvie and Brett progressing through their lives together with their family. I was not prepared for the twists and turns in this book, I wanted to get off the roller coaster but then again I never wanted it to
Penny Layne
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As if Brett and Evvie haven't been thru enough, J.M.Walker throws us this curve ball!
It is years later, they've settled into their routine and their life with their family. (And how I love to see that some things never change! Brett MacLean is still the same dominating Brett he always was!) But when a woman shows up out of the blue, she turns their world upside down.
It's harder when said couple cannot talk to each other; they yell and scream, then they end up in a wild mess of limbs and anger.
Sophie Koufes
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Red (A Brett MacLean Duet) I highly recommend reading The Torn Trilogy first as you get the background of Brett & Evvie's love saga. Also, it's fabulous & will draw you in & have you fall in love with Brett Maclean & Evvie's character's.

Reflected by You : After reading the prologue & chapter one I wasn't sure if I still loved Brett Maclean. I was knocked for a loop. I wasn't sure what to expect but this definitely wasn't it. It was so unexpected I was dazed. This author pull
Carla
Carla's Five Star Review

We first met Brett and Evvie in J.M. Walker's Torn series. Did I instantly fall in love with Brett? No. In fact, I thought he was a real jerk. However, as their story progressed, I slowly fell in love with him, and it became obvious that he and Evvie were truly meant for one another.

Before I go on with my review of Red, here is some important advice-To really enjoy this new book, you need to first read the Torn series as these books will get you up to date with Brett and
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
Okay so before I go any further if you haven't read the Torn Series then go and one click now!!!!
I would definitely recommend reading that before starting Red.

Right so I can't tell you how happy I was to have Brett McLean back on my life. Red was a great story to get lost in, it's set a few year later than the Torn Series with Brett and Evvie married with 3 children. Things are great but their about to come to a massive bump in the road. The big question is, is their marriage and love for each o
Tina
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To realize how excited I was to hear Brett and Evvie story continued in another book. I missed these two and the dynamic chemistry they shared was off the charts HOT. Their family life was good, until it wasn’t anymore due to Brett’s past mistakes. From the first page this book had you hooked, but at the end had you crying like a baby. Yes, that was me and I’m not afraid to say it.

We get a glimpse of how these two are living there lives together, but how much they still love each other even ove
Mandy Parmenter
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
After 10 years together and a family Brett and Evvie may have thought life was perfect - but Claire came back into their lives and did everything she could to destroy everything they had between them. Can they survive going through hell into order to survive this and can their relationship survive?

Goodness - a book that needs tissues, chocolate and wine. I'll try really hard not to spoil anything with this review just know you are in for a major roller-coaster. The book was well written and it w
Erica
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Red is the conclusion to Brett & Evvie's story, it's been quite awhile since I read the Torn trilogy but this brought it all back.
This one unlike the previous books is told from Brett's point of view giving us a deeper look at him, his love for Evvie and his family even when he's being a complete dick.
Two happily married people are about to face something they never expected, a bomb will be dropped on them and their happily ever after is turned upside down.
Sometimes the struggle to make thin
The Book Fairy Reviews
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is more than a romance. This is a book that made me think about forgiveness. What would I forgive in a relationship. I mean what would I overlook and what would be a deal breaker. When love is true you forgive and grow from it right?
Brett and Evie have through more than most, lies and betrayal in the beginning but they overcame it all and became stronger that ever. Now something from the past has come back to destroy what they have. Something that could make everything they have worked
Konny
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Red is the conclusion of Brett and Evvies story. Brett and Evvies epic lovestory started with the Torn Trilogy and ends in Red.
Red can be read as a standalone, but I strongly recommend to reda the books in order. Youll have a much better understanding of their relationship.
Brett McLean and his Evvie are married for 15 years and have 3 kids. Their life was a up and down, but it seems they yre settled down for good, but now the most hurtful and true test comes up. Everything is breaking apart.
See
Jessica Ann
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
&*(&$%@#$... Yes, my brain is a mess after RED. If you haven't read the Torn Series I suggest you do first. While it's not mandatory, it should be. Anyway, Brett & Evvie are amazing, I love them. Like seriously Brett was one of my first book boyfriends and he still is. But this book took me on a roller coaster of feelings. The tears, oh the tears, Yes I cried, A LOT. I also felt warm and fuzzy, and the hotness that is Brett is still very strong in my senses.

Brett & Evvie have th
Meka Weaver
5 stars
Holy crap... this book was fantastic. I was hooked right from the start. I felt truly gutted. No really like ugly cry. It has everything you have come to expect from Brett and Evvie and so much more. I don't even know what to say. I was laughing then I was mad then I wanted to cry then it got HOTT...then the roller coaster started again. Drama check, romance check, sex check... check.. check. I fell so deep into the story I checked out of the real world for while. Amazing... The ending O
Jennifer Scarn
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Starting off, I wasn’t this couples biggest fan in the first stories. I enjoyed it but didn’t love them. Now they’re over a decade into their relationship and I found them to be much more relatable, while still passionate. It was easy to put myself into their shoes and imagine this scenario and how my emotions would play out, how the drama would unfold. I felt the writing of that was spot on and I felt the range of emotions that would surely accompany a bombshell revelation like that. Not only d ...more
Amo Thomson
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Aaahhhhh Brett it was so good to hear from you again I have missed you ;)

As always with Brett & Eevie life is never plain sailing & Brett of course doesn’t do himself any favours.

As life has moved forward for this couple somethings just keep them looking back to a place they constantly try to keep away from.... The Past!

I was excited to read more Brett.
I miss the angst and presence he had in the Trilogy, the going back and forth with the couple was a little like whiplash with Eevie w
Mary
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brett and Evvie’s love is all consuming with an intense and passionate Dom/sub commitment. Now that they have a family, it seems everything would be smooth sailing but then someone from their past resurfaces and shakes the foundation of their love. This is a deep and moving journey to take with them as this couple has to figure out how to battle the latest pitfalls. The new issues they have to face cause old behaviors to resurface, the insecurities they both carry, can they battle back and trust ...more
Nicole Holt
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok, Umm where does one start with this book! First off if you have not read the Torn trilogy stop what you are doing and read it! It will be the only way to understand the first book of this duet! Secondly, holy crap on a cracker the first book destroyed me! It literally ripped my heart out and was trampled on by a stampede of hungry elephants! Brett and Evvie went through so much in the first set of books and this book proves no different. Their love is tested once again, but not just their lov ...more
Virginie
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. I t can be read as a standalone but it might be better to start from the beginning.
Brett is walking the fine line between hot asshole and too much asshole to be loveable. What happens to him and Evvie is heartbreaking. I cried reading it at work. Maybe not the best place to read it! Evvie is strong. She's the rock of that relationship.
It was beautiful, heartbreaking and amazing.
I only wish it was longer.
The bonus story of their first meeting was great but we just know how it
Meleaha Howard
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Red is the conclusion to Brett and Evie's story. To fully appreciate this book, you need to read the Torn trilogy.
This book takes place well into their marriage. They now have a stable life, with three children. Things are good for them. Until a woman shows up at the bar with a bombshell. Their lives are turned upside down and inside out. Can their love survive this? This story made me cry, yell and want to throw my kindle, but I loved it!! Word of warning, keep tissues close, you will need them
J.A. Johnston
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I fell for Brett and Evvie HARD and FAST! This story, their story, after everything they went through to be together in the first place, then once they got married, to NOW, and what did HE DO? It BROKE ME! It SHREDDED MY HEART! A hard lesson learned in love, always reveal what you think you shouldn't or else it can come back with twisted vengeance. I recommend tissues and wine, especially for the epilogue!
Angela Thomas
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book ran me through all kinds of emotional ups & downs even tears! This is the first book I have read by JM Walker I am now a fan. I was so wrapped into these characters. This is a must read! Could not put this one down till it was the end of the book & it still stuck with me.
Stephanie
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW, talk about a book hangover! This was one of my most anticipated reads for this year. Brett is still one of my top book boyfriends even after all these years and I was so excited to get more. In true JM style this book makes you feel EVERYTHING! To say it's an emotional roller coaster would be an understatement. This couple has been through so much and RED isn't any easier for them. If anything, this was the hardest thing they've had to overcome. I cried. I screamed at both Brett and Evvie i ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
J.M. Walker is an Amazon bestselling author who loves all things books, pigs and lip gloss. She is happily married to the man who inspires all of her Heroes and continues to make her weak in the knees every single day.

"Above all, be the HEROINE of your own life..." ~ Nora Ephron