Start by marking “Saving Runt (Cosmos' Gateway, #7)” as Want to Read:
Saving Runt (Cosmos' Gateway, #7)

Saving Runt

(Cosmos' Gateway #7)

Amelia ‘Runt’ Thomas lives in the shadows playing a dangerous game of cat and mouse with the most ruthless criminals in the world. She lives her life by two codes―the code of the digital world hackers and a personal code to bring down the baddies of the world. She is on target until one fateful night when the touch of a strange man sends an unexpected shock wave through he ...more
Published July 30th 2019 by Montana Publishing LLC

Start your review of Saving Runt (Cosmos' Gateway, #7)
Elodie
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do know I am far away from my usual historical reads.
But I came back to romance reading through the paranormal door with authors like Ednah Walkers, Nalini Singh, Elin Peer, Anna Hackett, Charlene Hartnady or SE Smith.
Their books are like candy to my brain. I enjoy them without much thoughts and let me be swept of my feet and transported to wherever pleases the author.
Even if this story can be read as a standalone with the many characters from the previous books and the background plot, I woul
Angela Charles
If you follow this series by S.E. you know that this has been a while in the making. We met Runt way back when the same time that we met Derik. When they first met the matting symbol appeared by Runt was not having none of it. She took off and has been running from Derik ever sense.

When this story first opens up Derik lets everyone know that he has had enough of not having his mate with him. He is a typical alpha male that does not realize that Runt is not a submissive woman. She has been livin
Mindy Visser
Most parts were good

I really liked the story between Runt and Derik, I even liked her uncle who started off as bad guy, The one complaint i had is her mom Anne, she seemed selfish she left her daughter with her abusive dad having excuse he would never let us both go so she faked her death and even after her abuser died she never tried to contact her daughter and had plenty excuses of why, her brother Afon seemed more important to her then her own child! Could have done without Anne or at least a
Rhonda Jones
Love This Series

I am so happy this series in continuing. I started reading this author for the first time when I read the first book in this series. The title captured my attention, the story and characters have kept me coming back for more. I have never been disappointed in one of her books.
Jannie Cv
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love it, and I still want more!
It’s been long enough! Derik ‘Tag Krell Manok returns to Earth to find his ever elusive mate, Amelia ‘Runt’ Thomas. She’s young, a brilliant computer hacker, and her time on the streets has honed her survival skills. Retribution is her goal. Derik is really a sweetheart, but she certainly gives him a run for his money. I love the slow build and the mutual inexperience (when they have time for dallying). This book is action-packed, with peril not only on Earth, bu
Amber
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm so confused, an S.E. Smith book that wasn't rife with errors a halfway decent editor would find? Be still my heart! Seriously, the one thing that kept me ambivalent about them was how riddled with wrong words or grammar the books tend to be so this actually made me REALLY happy because the sense of humour and dedication to HEAs is a win with me.
This is one you need to have read the other books for because I don't think you can be as invested in our young leads without seeing young Derik, fo
Claire Aldridge
Aug 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Book Seven in the Cosmos gateway series. We finally get to see the relationship development between Derik and Runt. Another solid book by SE Smith unfortunately missing the passion and humour of the other books in this series. Given that these two main characters are younger than the other series leads it is understandable that this book is tamer. Derik as a lead character was somewhat lacking in the whole alpha male role that this series thrives on, but again this can be attributed to the chara ...more
Madie  Bekoe
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Each book in this series is fascinating, and each is better than the last! I loved Amelia and Derik's story of love, patience, devotion and faith in each other and their shared destiny. To watch as Amelia began to open up to Derick and to trust in him and their fate, after running from attachments for so long, was a beautiful tale.
I anticipate a lovely story about her mother and the warrior on her trail. I can hardly wait to see if her uncle gets his happily ever after as well!
sharon e hochstetler
Excellent

We are back to war with the Juangans. I wondered what was going on with them. Now it's going to be war. Amelia and Derik had a rough road. Amelia was very young when they met. She is smart and street wise. Derek is a warrior from Baade. They are bond mates. There are some new surprising revelations. Great book. Can't wait for the next one!!
Pet
Aug 11, 2019 rated it liked it
EJ MACK
Runt's story was something I was waiting for. It was what I expected and I found that I liked it more than the other ones. it was just that cookie-cutter feeling from book 2 was still there. Where is the variety? there is a whole new planet of beings and only a certain type of woman is available?
Suzanne Lapham
Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Focused more on the story than the couple but was good nonetheless. In fact when I finished it I went back and started with Tink's Neverland again. Can't wait to go back to Baud and the prime warriors.
Barbara Dunbar
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Saving Runt

Interesting beginning and I was surprised that someone with such incredible computer skills had not managed to eke out a better livlng. Of course she was busy destroying the finances of bad guys. Derek is sweet but a bit clueless.
Kinky Vanilla
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is ... I want book 8! Love love this series!!
Josephine
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book lacked the maturity and fluidity of the others.
Ruth Hambley
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

I absolutely loved reading this one and I can't wait to read more in this series. If you enjoy reading romantic sci-fi then you will love it too.
Lori Long
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Wow! Another great story by this great author! I love how the feelings grow in their relationship. So sweet and funny and romantic!
Allison
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Always leaves me wanting more lol will there be a book 8?
Diane
Sep 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Full of action and mayhem as you’d expect from this author. Runt is very young and it shows however the storyline is really good and I recommend the series.
Seraphina Raven Wolfe
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Phonesavanh Mixayboua
Love it

Cosmos gateway is my favorite series I love runt and Derek and hope this series continues and I’m holding out for it to be on audible so I can listen
Frances Law
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The hacker and the mobster

Amelia (Runt) Thomas is a genius hacker. She spends her time targeting big criminals and relieving them of their money. She doesn’t keep it for herself but gives it away to charity. She was an orphan from the age of fourteen. She loved her mother but blamed her father for her mother’s death and wasn’t unhappy when he was also killed. But she is looking for revenge on the part of her mother.
Derick ‘Tag Krell Manock is an alien from the planet Baade. There is a shortage
Jamoz23
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Disappointing that after all this time and having Amelia being a pivotal character for a while, I just didn’t end up liking Amelia.
I always one click this author but for the first time ever I put down a book by Ms Smith and didn’t come back to it for a while.
As much as I was enjoying how well this was playing out and the family ties/dynamics that were emerging, Amelia was just not endearing herself to me.
At times I found her attitude selfish. It was all about what she wanted, not what was for th
Janet Hendricks
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy Romance, Adventure and Humor

My favorite S.E. Smith series is Cosmos' Gateway and Saving Runt didn't disappoint! Loved the humor. Loved the adventure. Loved the characters and their romance.

In this book Derik and Runt's story continues. Just 18 and 16 years old when they first met, Derik and Runt (Amelia) have carried the Baade mate mark on their palms for 2 years. Now, Derik is heading back to Earth to find and claim his girl. He's not going to have an easy time convincing this very indepe
Sandy Bowers
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!!!

First, I want to say I own every book in every series written by this amazing author, (except the books written for Young Adults). Cosmos Gateway happens to be one of my favorites. Saving Runt has to be my favorite book in the series so far. Her innocence, her bravery, her courage, her fears and loyalty. Wow, what a character!!! And Derik was just too damned cute. All the twists and turns in this one will leave you mind blown. I highly recommend Saving Runt. But I'd start at Book 1, Ti
ValerieC
This was ok. Had some good action and set up the next book quite nicely. I liked the H, but never could connect that well with the h Amelia/Runt. Part of the problem is that the author has so many different series going on and, iirc, the last book in this series was two years ago? Anyway, I didn't remember any of the background to this book, other than Cosmos' name and having heard of Runt before. I was excited to read it, but there was just too much denial from the broken personality of Runt fo ...more
Lynn Smith
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Saving Runt : Cosmo's Gateway

Derik knew Runt was his bondmate. After touching her and the mark appeared. Then she got away. Now two years later he wants to find her. Runt didn't know what the mark meant but after all this time she can hear Derik in her head and she can answer him. Runt is running into danger. Derik needs to keep her safe.
Loved the book. Non-stop action. Strong characters.
Luv2read
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book in a series of great books.

I hate waiting for the next book in a series, but S.E. Smith has yet to disappoint. Runt/Amelia is a great character with a lot to say about her mate coming to claim her against her will. Characters introduced in past books are brought into the story making an interesting plot with several unexpected twists leaving the reader once again waiting for next book. Can't wait!
Heather
Derik & Runt (Amelia)

Runt and Derik are all grown up. What an interesting story this turned out to be. I'm not disappointed with the twist that popped up.
Rita2, DAR and their replications are funny. I like Rita/Rita 2 but I can't help but be concerned with how adaptive/autonomous these AI's are becoming. This could get very interesting. Especially since Darin and Rena are "rebellious teens".
Rav's book is next up in this series. It should be a good one.
Charlee Bailey
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another delightful romp with the aliens from Baade; Derik 'Tag Krell Manok, has finally caught with Amelia Thomas, aka Runt. She's a whiz with any computer and she only gets better. There are the usual bad guys, but I really enjoyed the AI computers who have become "humanized" nothing like an AI romance. The characters are vivid and likeable and the story is attention grabbing. I look forward to another chapter in a few years.

• Alien Warrior's Secret (Warriors of the Lathar, #9)
  • Ull (Tornians, #4)
  • Rescued by her Alien Protector (Warriors of the Lathar #11)
  • Hitched to the Alien General (Warriors of the Lathar, #8)
  • Alien Surgeon’s Seduction (Warriors of the Lathar, #10)
  • Alien Prisoner (Alien Invasion, #2)
  • Sentinel (Galactic Gladiators: House Of Rone, #1)
  • Kiss of Eon (Eon Warriors, #4)
  • Alien Breeder (Alien Invasion, #3)
  • Defender (Galactic Gladiators: House Of Rone, #2)
  • Bane's Heart (A World Beyond, #9)
  • Alien Paladin's Redemption (Warriors of the Lathar, #13)
  • Fractured Souls (Darkstar Mercenaries, #3)
  • Alien King Crashes the Wedding (Lumerian Knights #1)
  • Stolen Moments (A World Beyond, #8)
  • Alien Protector's Rescued Bride (Draconian Warriors, #5)
  • Red Sands (Warlords Of Atera, #1)
  • Caveman Alien’s Enemy (Caveman Aliens, #10)
S.E. Smith is a New York Times (Twin Dragons and Dagger’s Hope) and 15 time USA TODAY Bestselling author of Science Fiction, Urban Fantasy, and Paranormal Romance. She brings action, adventure, and suspense-filled romance stories to transport readers out of this world. Sexy, funny, action-packed—Science fiction, Paranormal, Fantasy, and Contemporary stories with a twist! Discover stories with a he ...more

Cosmos' Gateway (7 books)
  • Tink's Neverland (Cosmos' Gateway, #1)
  • Hannah's Warrior (Cosmos' Gateway, #2)
  • Tansy's Titan (Cosmos' Gateway, #3)
  • Cosmos' Promise (Cosmos' Gateway, #4)
  • Merrick's Maiden (Cosmos' Gateway, #5)
  • Core's Attack (Cosmos' Gateway, #6)

News & Interviews