Start by marking “Dog Man: Lord of the Fleas (Dog Man, #5)” as Want to Read:
Dog Man: Lord of the Fleas (Dog Man, #5)

Dog Man: Lord of the Fleas

(Dog Man #5)

When a new bunch of baddies bust up the town, Dog Man is called into action -- and this time he isn't alone. With a cute kitten and a remarkable robot by his side, our heroes must save the day by joining forces with an unlikely ally: Petey, the World's Most Evil Cat. But can the villainous Petey avoid vengeance and venture into virtue?

Dav Pilkey's wildly popular Dog Man
Published August 28th 2018 by Graphix

To ask other readers questions about Dog Man, please sign up.

Start your review of Dog Man: Lord of the Fleas (Dog Man, #5)
Mary Lee
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Don't you dare put this in your (class) library without reading it first. Don't get stuck on the knock-knock jokes thinking they are ridiculous childish humor until you see what Pilkey does with them as a plot device. Think hard about the message he gives about a bad character wanting to change. And if you don't tear up when you read p. 216-223, then you just don't even have a heart.

Dav Pilkey is flat out brilliant. I've believed that since the first Captain Underpants books, and I'm not
Faysal Sakkejha
Mar 22, 2018 is currently reading it
AWSOME
Theresa Grissom
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2nd, 4th, graphic-fiction, 5th, 3rd
Love, love, love the Dog Man series!! Dav Pilkey, please don't stop writing these. This series is the biggest hit in my elementary library. With multiple copies of each book, I still can't keep them on the shelves and I always have a huge holds lists. I even have students creating their own Dog Man books. This latest episode, Lord of the Fleas, is my favorite one yet. Lots of laughs and a few "awww" moments. Looking forward as always to the next book. The students will be super excited to know ...more
Gabriel
Alexandra Robbins
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I want to give this series props. I have yet to find a child of any age who doesn't crack up because of these books, and this one is the best of the bunch. (I might have cracked up, too : ) )
Nolan Simpson
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
love it
Yamile Méndez
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: september18
Probably my favorite Dogman book. My 6yo and I laughed until we cried. LOVED it!
Joel
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
feel good
James Crawford
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dav-pilkey
I loved this book so much. This is the best DogMan book that I have read so far (I've read all of them so far). Anyways I loved this book so much. One of the main reasons I did is because Petey got a bigger role and you got to know him better. Anyways Petey the Cat does usually have a pretty big role being the main villain and stuff but in this book it was kinda like he was the main character besides Cat Kid (I'm OK with that). It also got to show people that he was kinda enemies kinda friends ...more
Josiah
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not many graphic novels have better captured kids' imagination than Dog Man, and the story returns here for a fifth episode, partly inspired by William Golding's classic novel Lord of the Flies. Dog Man, Li'L Petey, and 80-HD the robot are finally free to relax without megalomaniacal villains interfering in their lives. But just as they settle in to enjoy that rest, a representative from Kitty Protective Services rings the doorbell of Dog Man's doghouse and insists Li'L Petey start attending ...more
Jen Daniels
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!

I am 7 and liked all the adventures with Cat Kid. It had a nice ending. I think you will like it!
Paul  Hankins
Love the Dog Man series. And this one has the complexity of what it means to come to terms with who we are and what it means to be "good."
Brenda Kahn
Happy book birthday to Dog Man and Cat Kid!
Deyla
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was pretty good.

As always, the illustrations are beautiful and have some wonderful features added to the designs of the characters.

But, as always, there's also the emotion.

The emotions evoked from the book are simply heart-warming. I really enjoyed 'Lil Petey in this one; he's adorable and him and Petey are so cute together.

Overall: good book.
Bekah Crozier
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in this hilarious series for kids
Mikey Golczynski
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He did it again. Love this series.
Erich
Jan 25, 2019 added it
It was funny
Timothy Wai
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is really good because it is very humorous and funny.I would recommend this book to 8-10 year olds.
James
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a short book that I find very interesting because I’ve read all the dog man books and this one is sort of different
Charity
Abe
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Johnathan Colon
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dog Man Lord of the Flies was a great book i enjoyed every flip o rama and remains the same silly and funny book when it started and i like how new characters are introduced and the recap with a funny reference l also like the new story that the involves the new characters and i just really enjoyed it.
James
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's interesting because Petey decides to start being good, and it's also funny because the fleas get shrunk down to the size of actual fleas.
Jude Pierce
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was a good book
Amelia Elias
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was amazing!!
Jordan Henrichs
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
The arrival of new bad guys along with Lil' Petey's incessant pestering, force Petey to reconsider his ways. A nice twist to the series.
Christine Fitzgerald
Action packed and full of knock knock poop jokes. Just the perfect book for bedtime!!
Lily
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Elle, Gwen, Dylan, Eleanor
very funny and awesome
Mari Bianco
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can’t wait for #6! Lil’ Petey has become one of my favorite characters in all of children’s literature.
Aiden Murphy
The book was really good, it was a bit fast but it had a really good message. I can't wait to read Brawl of the Wild!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Stan the Hot Dog Man
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 7: Do-You-Think-He-Saurus?!
  • Super Rabbit Boy Blasts Off! (Press Start! #5)
  • The Meltdown (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #13)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 8: Superbad
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 6: Alien vs Bad Guys
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 5: Intergalactic Gas
  • The Super Side-Quest Test! (Press Start! #6)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 4: Attack of the Zittens
  • Super Rabbit Boy vs. Super Rabbit Boss! (Press Start! #4)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 3: The Furball Strikes Back
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 1
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 2: Mission Unpluckable
  • Big Nate Goes Bananas!
  • Dog Man: An Uncommon Life on a Faraway Mountain
  • Super Rabbit Boy Powers Up! (Press Start! #2)
  • Then Everything Went Wrong
  • Saving the Whole Wide World
David "Dav" Pilkey (b. March 4, 1966), is a popular children's author and artist. Pilkey is best known as the author and illustrator of the Captain Underpants book series. He lives near Seattle, Washington with his wife, Sayuri.

Dog Man (8 books)
  • Dog Man (Dog Man, #1)
  • Dog Man Unleashed (Dog Man, #2)
  • Dog Man: A Tale of Two Kitties (Dog Man, #3)
  • Dog Man and Cat Kid (Dog Man, #4)
  • Dog Man: Brawl of the Wild (Dog Man, #6)
  • Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls (Dog Man, #7)
  • Dog Man: Fetch-22 (Dog Man, #8)