Start by marking “Filsuf Jagoan! Jilid 1” as Want to Read:
Filsuf Jagoan! Jilid 1

Filsuf Jagoan! Jilid 1 (Action Philosophers #1)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  456 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
Apa gerangan pemikiran Plato tentang gagasan sehingga muncul istilah cinta platonik? Apa pendapat Bodhidharma, sang mahaguru kungfu, perihal kebahagiaan hidup? Apa sih konteks komentar Nietzcshe perihal Tuhan Telah Mati? Apa pula inti gagasan Freud tentang perkembangan seksual seseorang?

Buku ini menawarkan saripati sembilan filsuf terkemuka dari pemikiran Barat dan Timur d
paperback, 99 pages
Published November 2007 by Kepustakaan Populer Gramedia (first published June 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Filsuf Jagoan! Jilid 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Filsuf Jagoan! Jilid 1

Sam Quixote
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fred Van Lente and Ryan Dunlavey’s Action Philosophers takes bite-sized looks at mankind’s greatest philosophers, their lives and their teachings – and it’s brilliant!

This first volume includes: Plato, Bodhidharma, St Augustine, Thomas Jefferson, Friedrich Nietzsche, Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Ayn Rand and Joseph Campbell with chapters ranging from 6 to 14 pages per philosopher.

It’s really impressive how Van Lente is able to condense complex theories and biographies into such a small number of
Aravena
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pertama kali saya baca buku ini sewaktu sedang butek-buteknya belajar di kelas Dasar-Dasar Filsafat. Waktu itu, saya meminjam ini dari seorang teman dan setelah membacanya..... *cling cling* SAUDARA-SAUDARA, SAYA JADI MEMAHAMI ARTI KEHIDUPAN!!

.......oke, nggak sampai begitu juga sih. Namun, saya memang sangat merasakan gunanya komik edukasi ini. Di volume pertama, 9 filsuf terkemuka dan pemikiran berpengaruh mereka ditampilkan dengan kombinasi penjelasan apik + gambar jenaka. Plato, Bodhidarma,
Karla
Jul 01, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great pick for people who fancy themselves to be intellectuals but really prefer reading comic books. Not only did this book cover the basic philosophies espoused by several great thinkers, it also provided important biographical information (who knew that Ayn Rand had a thing for much younger men?). I'm looking forward to reading the second volume!
Edward
Aug 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Learning can be such fun! I love this springboard into philosophical thought.

Publishers Weekly says it is written “...in the spirit of extremely intelligent kids set on making fun of everything...”

I’m with that all the way.

The content is factual, based on my limited knowledge and the Amazon.com reviews, but does it really matter? What matters is it gets you thinking, giving you motivation to explore further.

My remarks on the philosphers:

• Plato - good start for accepting the concept of Philoso
Pspealman
Jan 11, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Curious Teens
Recommended to Pspealman by: savagecritic.com
A nice and light hearted black and white comics that is a touch off beat. I'll be honest the graphics are more cartoon than art, the paper is pulp, and the content introductory - but still this is a real nice piece of intro via comics to a ever widening range of 'philosophers' as the series spirals ever outward.

By 'philosophers' being in quotes I mean to direct your attention to the fact that the book takes a certain liberty in the term that includes people not often thought to be philosophers.
Billy
Jun 29, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who love good comics and real philosophy
Plato Smash!

The idea of having Plato speak like The Hulk might sound ridiculous in a book that claims to be (at least somewhat) historically accurate. But remember the book is also trying to entertain, and make philosophy fun. No, Plato was not a professional wrestler, but his tendency to destroy to theories of those before him lends itself to this adapted personality. In the end, it all makes sense (somewhat).

Anyway, Action Philosophers is not only enjoyable, but incredibly factual. I actuall
Keith Davis
Jan 18, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
What is not to love about Action Philosophers? Van Lente & Dunlavely present the core ideas of the great philosophers in a humorous irreverent style that actually does not misrepresent or over-simplify too much. I'm not sure if the goal here is to expose comic book readers to the great thinkers of the past, or just give a laugh to former philosophy majors.
Jessica
Aug 12, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphicnovel
Not a narrative story, but comic mini-biographies of Plato, Nietzsche, Freud, etc. See the slaves of Monticello tap Thomas Jefferson on the shoulder and ask, "What about us?" Watch as Ayn Rand's rationalization skills crumble when her lover starts sleeping with a student.
Kareem Adel
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good onw
David
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, philosophy
I learned more about philosophy from this series of comic books than from all my years of school. Action Philosophers! Giant-Sized Thing, Vol. 1 is a fantastic introduction to mostly western philosophers. It's ridiculously entertaining and despite the graphic format is very thorough. For each philosopher we learn not only what they had to say, but also their life story, how their contemporaries perceived them, and how their ideas are related. In this volume I particularly enjoyed learning about ...more
  • Cartoon History of the Universe II, Vol. 8-13: From the Springtime of China to the Fall of Rome
  • The Saga of the Bloody Benders
  • Love and Capes Vol. 1: Do You Want To Know A Secret?
  • King, The Complete Edition: A Comics Biography of Martin Luther King, Jr.
  • Kings in Disguise: A Novel
  • The Damned, Vol. 1: Three Days Dead
  • Kabuki, Vol. 7: The Alchemy
  • Fallout: J. Robert Oppenheimer, Leo Szilard, and the Political Science of the Atomic Bomb
  • Bone Sharps, Cowboys, and Thunder Lizards
  • Wondermark, Vol. 1: Beards of Our Forefathers
  • B.P.R.D., Vol. 4: The Dead (B.P.R.D., #4)
  • The Most Dangerous Game: A Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal Collection
  • Was Superman a Spy?: And Other Comic Book Legends Revealed
  • Students for a Democratic Society: A Graphic History
112080
Van Lente was raised by a mystery-loving mother (who preferred Dorothy Sayers to Agatha Christie, but we won't hold that against her) and a wisecracking Woody Allen-lookalike scientist father in what appears to be some kind of genetic experiment to write his first novel, TEN DEAD COMEDIANS, even though neither parent nor the son himself would know it for many years.

Van Lente spent his time betwee
More about Fred Van Lente...

Action Philosophers (3 books)
  • Action Philosophers! Giant-Sized Thing, Vol. 2 (Action Philosophers!)
  • Action Philosophers Giant-Size Thing, Vol. 3
“Myths, legends and stories are the signposts previous generations have left us so we don't have to figure out our own personal journey in solitude!

They have to be metaphorical, because their interpretation will be different for each individual life!”
3 likes
“Science does nothing for man spiritually, and organized religion demands blind faith in illogical liturgy that was never meant to be taken literally!” 2 likes