Start by marking “Treasure of the Abyss (The Kraken, #1)” as Want to Read:
Treasure of the Abyss (The Kraken, #1)

Treasure of the Abyss

(The Kraken #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  1,868 ratings  ·  237 reviews
HIS TREASURE AND HIS OBSESSION...

Despite her longing for the sea, Macy has clung to the safety of land for half her life, devoting herself to her daily routine — until she agrees to go sailing with a childhood friend. Her fears come to fruition when a sudden storm capsizes their boat, rekindling her old terror. She awakens to a rescuer who is anything but human — and he
Published December 25th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Treasure of the Abyss, please sign up.
Tiffany Roberts Hi Sandy! Yes! Jewel of the Sea will be coming out in April featuring Arkon and Aymee, then after that, Heart of the Deep featuring Dracchus :)

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Dianne
Macy had always loved the sea until the day it stole her sister and she vowed to remain firmly planted in the earth. When the good intentions of a friend causes her to be on the water again, her worst nightmare will come to pass. She felt the rush of the icy water, the need to give up and knew that the sea would claim her and everything went dark. Macy never expected to awaken again, let alone to find her rescuer to be anything but human.

Jax is a kraken, he has heard the horrors abou
Sammy Loves Books
I Love a forbidden love story!!

Best Alien/Monster Sex Love story I've read in a while with fully developed characters and plot.

description

Some of my Goodreads friends love tentacle sex (I don't judge). I can honestly say I'm not a fan of tentacles.

description

The hero has tentacles but thank goodness this book did not have any tentacle sex. Just a good old fashion penis!

description

Too many books of this genre aren't fleshed out a
Mara
Mar 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Lots of hype about this book. Pity it's totally unwarranted ;P
This is NA, ergo pretty silly heroine, plot and setting too. Moving in space doesn't change anything, it's still stupid, unbelievable and insta everything. You just add the ick factor of sex with Ursula (some of it were ugh? His lower part are octopus, and how the heck does he breathe and walk on land???).
Get rid of the Aquaman hype: you see a teen oh so suffering because her family/society mistreats her, she's saved/kidnapped
Tricia Len
Oh my gosh! If you love Eve Langlais and Ruby Dixon ... you are gonna love this story from Tiffany Roberts!

I really didn't know how I would feel about a hero that was so 'alien' from humans yet so very human! But I fell in love with Jax! He is wonderful and kind and sexy and different! LOL

"Because you are a treasure I plucked from the sea, and you are mine!'' Sigh....

And Macy is brave and adventurous and sweet and sexy. I just fell in love with both of them and you will too!

Wonderful world building and a story th
Douglas Meeks
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
While I really enjoyed this book and look forward to future books in this new series I do have some concerns.

Let me start with the basic story, I loved it, a race of beings that were genetically engineered by ancient colonists, to be slaves are living fairly peacefully generations (centuries?) later after overthrowing their human masters makes this an almost automatic "I love that plot".

Jax upsets the balance of the human/kraken who are both living almost unknown of the o
Maya
When I saw the cover and then read the blurb I thought "OK, it's not everyday that you get to read a book like this one" and so I gave it a try. I didn't really know what to expect but the story was more "normal" than what I thought it would be, with all the kraken creatures and the new world. I mean, I did wonder how they would have intimacy but it turned out pretty all right, well at least for the situation they were in. I don't know, it didn't weird me out or anything. So that's a good sign, ...more
kookyquinn
YASSSS!

THIS WAS AMAZING! If you're a fan of Ruby Dixon's big blue aliens and dragons YOU WILL LOVE THIS!

Sweet hero, adorable heroine. Lots of action/adventure and allllll the swoons. Crazy hot and lots of detailed world building that tells me the authors were fantasy readers before they decided to write.

I'm totally jumping into book 2 because the supporting characters were so compelling I can't wait for their stories!
Elisabeth Lane
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK! Terrific world-building, a super-relatable conflict for a scifi romance novel and. aheeo with tentacles. I mean, what else could a girl want? Seriously, you'd think the part-cephalopod hero would be played for shock value, but he isn't. It's ultra-romantic with lots of suspense and interesting twists and turns. I really liked how it explored every aspect of the couple's relationship, including his society, hers, the takes of men, women and children and the journey of the coupl ...more
Lena
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, erotica
A7F0AE86-E473-40D6-A3B5-10489A63DA59.jpg
Merfolk May is Kraken Awesome!

Long ago on a planet far far away a race of beings was created to serve as deep water laborers.

They revolted.

They took a name to inspire fear in the surviving humans.

Kraken.

Three hundred years later Macy, a humble gardener, will cross paths with a kraken. The results...
096515F9-1829-4550-84D7-3AE84C31643D.gif

This will require further reading.
Mak
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I never expected to like this book so much. It was a nice surprise that it manages to capture a great deal of the characters aspects without it dragging on for too long.

It was rather refreshing to read an adult romance fantasy book that doesn't focus only on one thing like so many other books do. It had everything, body and soul, a good story structure, strong leading characters, interesting supporting characters and closure.

It felt real and down-to-earth. I never once thought it exaggerating
Regine Abel
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous read by Tiffany Roberts! Imagine getting rescued from certain death by a sexy as sin sea creature with tentacles.

Macy is a nice young woman plagued with guilt for a childhood mistake which led to the death of her sister. Convinced she must do penance, she devotes her life to the good of others and trying to please her parents at the cost of her own happiness. When she meets Jax, her world is turned upside down and she's forced to face her demons, her true desires, as well as the past o
Carvanz
Well okay! This was completely out of the norm for me and I wasn’t sure what to expect. When you think of tentacles and…sex, well you know. However, this was so much better than I thought it would be. I absolutely loved Jax and his extreme protectiveness over Macy. Add in his jealous possessive tendencies and he rocketed himself up my hero list. Gotta admit, the tentacle thing did detract a bit from it all but the further into the book I read the more I adjusted to it.

This was a very well writt
⋆☆☽ Kriss ☾☆⋆
This wasn't as anticipated, luckily doesn't really have any terrible and problematic content, but ultimately it was underwhelming for me.

This sort of weird thing makes my recovering-weeaboo self think of tentacle hentai, but what we have is more along the lines of an alien erotica and not what I imagine when I think of tentacle hentai, though I suppose "alien" isn't the right word because the kraken didn't organically develop on an alien planet but are the creation of human scientist
Marcella
Macy, is a good ole farmer. When the guy everyone expects her to marry takes her out to sea, a storm causes their ship to wreck. Macy wakes up in a cave with no knowledge of how she got there. She's alone...until she sees something lurking in the darkness.

Jax the Wanderer. That is the name his people have given him because he doesn't like to stay in their home. He likes to explore and his exploring leads him to saving a human girl from the storm. Humans are the enemy. But this one is
alicat ♡➹♡
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-romance, ku
I enjoyed this romance book, I thought Macy was lovely and Jax was a great character. Neither of them really fit in with their cultures but fit with each other instead.

The story was very original and I really had no clue how the two would work out being part of one another's lives and resolve issues like being free to choose one another, etc.

I think I know who the next book will be about - at least I hope I do and can't wait to read it!
 B.E.Love
Im setting this aside for now but may pick it up again.
Angela~supermom~
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A couple week ago I watched a beautiful story about a mute human and a sea creature God, who fall in love. This kind of reminded me of that movie.

description

I remember watching it for what it was. Two beings, despite all odds, who wanted desperately to be together. I thought it was touching, and beautiful, and I didn't find a single odd thing about their love. My husband would say otherwise; but he's no
Under the Covers Book Blog
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
As a child Macy always loved the sea, however, after a tragic event took her sister's life, she has avoided it. Instead she takes comfort in the routine of her life and her friends. When she goes to the sea for the first time in years with a friend the worse happens and their boat capsizes in a storm she gets rescued. Only her rescuer isn't quite human. When Jax saves the human woman, he has no idea of the havoc she will cause not only with the kraken people...but with his own heart.

Tiffany Roberts is my n
Kayla Pipkin
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So to be honest, I did not expect to like this book as much as I did.
A human falling in love with a octopus man?
That just isn't right!
But man was I wrong!
So wrong.

Macy has lived her life on land, never straying to the sea after that fateful day.
Her sister had been claimed by the sea, and Macy had almost been as well.
She vowed to be better and no longer wander to the waters.
However, things change when she decides to make her joining with Camri
Vicki Stiefel
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Gripping Tale!
Prepare to be gripped, and I don’t just mean by Jax’s tentacles as Tiffany Roberts transports us to a fantastic new planet and a unique romance in Treasure of the Abyss. Human Macy fears the sea, though she once loved it. When deep in its depths she encounters the “alien” kraken Jax, an octopoid-humanoid creature. Her horror prompts irrational reactions and deadly actions. Jax the Wanderer is equal parts confused and compelled by Macy’s strangeness, and the evolution of thi
Shasha
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction, hea
This is fantastically written!

The wonder and terror of first contact slowly grows into friendship and then attraction leads to more. I was riveted by the blossoming relationship and captivated by the world building.
This has all the highs and lows of a relationship with some steam. The supporting characters are sparse but I care enough to hope they get their own happy endings.

Read in KU
Mature content
Laura Wolf
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

I thought I would read this book on a lark. Boy was I surprised. Love, love loved the story. And the whole tentacles thing was not gross or freaky at all. Great love story And I can't wait to read book 2!
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this book! The world building was excellent, it had a fun premise, and the tentacle thing was just weird enough to work. I am excited to continue with the rest of the series.
Chappy
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was Kraken-amazin!!! The world building was complex but not overwhelming. It brought real depth to the story.

I could really relate to Macy and how she felt trapped by her life situation. Being saved by Jax finally allows her to think about her happiness for once.

Jax, Jax, Jax. I loved him especially once he gave into his desire for Macy. Very hot and can't wait for more.
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

To be fair. . . I wouldn't call this an alien romance. Yes, it takes place on a planet not Earth but I can't qualify the krakens as aliens. Now, this might be a spoiler but I don't think it is but all the same in the spoiler tag it goes. (view spoiler) ...more
Jen Davis
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
In my many years of reading romance I have encountered heroes of all shapes and sizes. Heroes that were lizard men. Heroes that were giant bugs. Heroes that were zombies, shifters, vampires, djinn, demons… you name it. That being said, this is my first hero with tentacles and, honestly, it wasn’t as weird as you might think.

This book is set in a futuristic world, where humans have settled off of earth. Macy grew up there and it has been hundreds of years since her people made it thei
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
3.5 Stars

As a child Macy always loved the sea, however, after a tragic event took her sister’s life, she has avoided it. Instead she takes comfort in the routine of her life and her friends. When she goes to the sea for the first time in years with a friend the worse happens and their boat capsizes in a storm she gets rescued. Only her rescuer isn’t quite human. When Jax saves the human woman, he has no idea of the havoc she will cause not only with the kraken people…but with his own heart.

Tiffany Roberts is my new
Katrina
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book took me back to my first love and I hope you will forgive me for the following self – indulging piece of nostalgia.

Long time ago, way before the Treasure of the Abyss, before the Shape of Water or even the Aquaman there was Ichthyander. In 1928 (no, I am not THAT old) a Soviet Russian writer Alexander Belyaev published a book titled Chelovek Amphibiya (Amphibian Man). Classified at the time as science fiction - adventure, it tells the story of a young man who, as a result of the radic
Bubbles The Book Pimp
New book from this fantastic fantasy romance writer duo...hopefully as the name suggests first in series!

In a futuristic time on a faraway planet resides a human colony ‘the watch’ . Everyone has their role, Macy’s is a Gardner and provides for the watch, working alongside many others to keep the colony thriving.
She feels the obligations of her life in the hardest way, from the loss of a most beloved love one and the guilt to be the prefect daughter lays heavy on her. Especially in
Magda Roszak
Jun 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: nuuuh
overall - not VERY bad read...
but:
(spoilers! - not realy, but some may think so about what I've written - feel warned then)

1) 361 years is not ancient history for goodness sake... when avarege human being lives about 80 years, it's like 5gen from landing. and plot is set in future, when we can believe human life will be extended (WE live longer than our ancestors from, let's say, middle ages) because science and medicine are not the same as in the past..
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Demon Seed
  • Saving Askara (Tori & Aderus #1)
  • Virgin Sacrifice (Bred to the Beast: The Virgin Trilogy, #2)
  • Ruth's Baby (Ruth & Gron, #4)
  • When Dawn Breaks (The Chronicles of Nardyl, #1; Satrins, #1)
  • Cherished (Demon's Mark, #6)
  • Key to the Dead Fall (Into the Dead Fall, #2)
  • Shadowed (Valos of Sonhadra, #6)
  • Pleasuring The Beast
  • Barbarian's Taming (Ice Planet Barbarians, #8)
  • Apparition (New World, #4)
  • The Horny Leprechaun 1
  • Mastered (Dark Elves #2)
  • Blind Fall (Stolen by an Alien, #3.5)
  • Wild Blood (Cyborg Shifters, #1)
  • Dark Planet Warriors: The Complete Serial (Dark Planet Warriors, #1)
  • Blazing (Valos of Sonhadra, #3)
Tiffany Roberts is the pseudonym for Tiffany and Robert Freund, a husband and wife writing duo. Tiffany was born and bred in Idaho, and Robert was a native of New York City before moving across the country to be with her. The two have always shared a passion for reading and writing, and it was their dream to combine their mighty powers to create the sorts of books they want to read. They write cha ...more

The Kraken (6 books)
  • Jewel of the Sea (The Kraken, #2)
  • Hunter of the Tide (The Kraken #3)
  • Heart of the Deep (The Kraken, #4)
  • Rising from the Depths (The Kraken, #5)
  • Fallen from the Stars (The Kraken #6)
“Even at that age, she knew his response — because I just know — was grown-up talk that really meant I don’t know, but I’m right so be quiet.” 0 likes