Start by marking “Shadow of the Swan (The Novels of Ravenwood, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shadow of the Swan (The Novels of Ravenwood, #3)

Shadow of the Swan

(The Novels of Ravenwood #3)

Lady Constance de Bret was determined to be a nun, until shadows from the past eclipsed her present. Marriage is the safest option, but she insists on a spiritual union, in which physical intimacy is forbidden. Not so easy with a bridegroom who wields unparalleled charm! But a long-buried secret could taint his affection and cloak her in shadow forever.

Back from the Crusad
Published January 31st 2018 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Shadow of the Swan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow of the Swan

Start your review of Shadow of the Swan (The Novels of Ravenwood, #3)
N.N. Light
Lady Constance is a woman haunted by the past and when she comes face-to-face with her nightmare, she runs away. Desperate to escape, she pleads with Sir Robert to take her to her sister’s home. He agrees to protect her at all costs. She’s not sure she believes him but when in his presence, peace fills her. When her past follows her to her sister’s home, she has no choice but to align herself with Sir Robert in matrimony.

Something has put the fear of God into Lady Constance, Sir Robert would st
Carvanz
Audio-book: Narrator – Virginia Ferguson

This was beautifully narrated. Filled with warmth and passion, this narrator brought the characters within this story to life. I usually have a bit of a learning curve when listening to an accent, but not so with this one. I immediately connected with Ms. Ferguson and fell deep into her rendition of this amazing story. Both male and female characters were unique as well as fully developed within the ranges of her voice.

When Constance needs protection from
Amanda Richardson
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A new medieval romance? Yes, please! Shadow of the Swan is the third book in Ms. Sterling's Novels of Ravenwood series, and is as good as the first two.
Constance has been hiding in a nunnery away from an evil man. She believes she wants to be a nun because she is afraid of this man's touch. When he finds her again, Constance escapes and meets Robert.
Robert is instantly smitten with the beautiful nun and hides her, hoping to protect her. Constance needs full time protection, Robert wants to marry
Alyson  L
What a delightful story! It's full of romance, faith and as they say, a tiny bit of pixie dust. SHADOW OF THE SWAN is the third installment in this series and by far my favorite. I love how all of the Novels of Ravenwood loosly tie together but can surely stand on their own as well. This is a very fast read. Constance has a past she is trying to hide from and when Roger offers they make a quick decision to have a marriage in name only. Darling Sir Roger, oh he of the dimples (I do love me some d ...more
Carole Burant
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait to read Robert's story and it didn't disappoint! Judith Sterling has fast become a favorite author and once you read this series, you'll know why.

Robert is my new book boyfriend....he's got dimples, ladies....dimples!!! He's such a wonderful character and you can't help but want him to find a forever love. Constance is ready to become a nun but her plans change when she finds herself having to flee and asks Robert to escort her to her sister's place. Before you can even blink, t
Dawn
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Shadow of the Swan" is the third book in the series.

The whole series (so far...!) has been a joy to read. The characters are all so well-rounded and believable, the storylines are entertaining, and the writing proves that Judith Sterling is a natural as an author.
I'm looking forward to reading many more books by this author.
C.M. Truxler
This is not the average or typical knight and damsel in distress tale. Sir Robert le Donjon is not only the brother of the noble Lord Ravenwood, but exudes the fun-loving, quick-wittedness, intelligence, loyalty, and handsome bravado that most envision when thinking of a knight. Yet, amongst all the delightful personality and bright smiles lurks the scars and ravages of war that delve to his very core lay hidden there.

Lady Constance de Bret hides her feisty spirit under any guise at hand, includ
Donna Simonetta
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished reading Shadow of the Swan, and I loved it! It is book three in Judith Sterling’s Novels of Ravenwood series, but it could definitely be read as a standalone book. I have read the first two books in the series, and it was fun to see some characters from those pop up in this book. I always enjoyed the secondary character of Sir Robert le Donjon in the previous books, and have been looking forward to reading his story. I was not disappointed. The story of his romance with Lade Cons ...more
Nicole
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this novel from Ms. Sterling. Thank you!
This novel was an enjoyable read, bringing in faith, romance, and magic. Lady Constance de Bret is planning to become a nun, but fate has other plans for her. She experienced something terrible, cannot discuss it either for no one would believe her. She escapes her tormentor by receiving help from Sir Robert le Donjon. Robert has returned from war and he has lost his faith. He recognizes Constance and agrees to marry her to keep her safe from wh
D. Messing
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great third book in this series. I love how all three loosely tie together, but can stand on their own. It was a very quick read that didn't have quite as much of a supernatural bend, but had a more human set of ghosts. The whole story is a feel good read, it happens with just the right amount of development and leaves you rooting for Robert and Constance whilst simultaneously cursing the evil Dominy. This is a great read, the setting was richly detailed, the author really did her res ...more
Sydney Winward
Feb 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He wants a wife. She wants protection. When the two feel a pull toward the other, will only a spiritual union be possible?

This tale of letting go of past pain and hurt and finding love is so sweet. Constance is a very hesitant and wary bride while Robert is kind and patient. Judith Sterling has a knack for creating deep and interesting characters, and you can’t help but love them as they go on their own journeys to become their best self.

Shadow of the Swan is a great addition to The Novels of Ra
Karen
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story was written by an author, Judith Sterling, with a gift for telling a story. It is narrated beautifully by Virginia Ferguson. The characters were well developed and it was a pleasure to listen to their story unfold. Constance and Robert's relationship is tender, but sensual. Theirs is a true bonding of two people who need healing from different experiences that trouble them. Don't miss out. Shadow of the Swan is a joy to listen/read. ...more
Sara
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: listened
Shadow of the Swan, the third book in The Novels of Ravenwood series, is a brilliantly written historical romance. The riveting tale captivated me from the beginning to the very last word. The characters are remarkable, with a phenomenal emotional depth that reaches out to the readers/listeners. Lady Constance de Bret and Sir Robert le Donjon's journey is more than a love story; it's about healing, growth, and reclaiming of one's self.

The narration by Virginia Ferguson is excellent; she portraye
Margaret
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Together at Last

Constance makes an impulsive decision to marry Roger when confronted with her past. To protect her, Roger goes along with her story and they marry. Can he keep his promise for a spiritual marriage?
A few modern words/phrases. I've enjoyed reading this series. Very easy to read and a nice flow to the stories.
Barbara Strickland
Feb 11, 2018 rated it liked it
A very sweet read

This was a lovely romantic novel from by-gone ages. Thoroughly enjoyable and with some very appealing characters and a smooth, easy pace.
Deborah Roussety
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
loved this book and the series cannot wait for more......................
Judith Sterling
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is the love story of Lord Ravenwood’s brother, Sir Robert le Donjon, and Lady Nihtscua’s sister, Lady Constance, a would-be nun who harbors a terrible secret. They’re two souls haunted by memories and in desperate need of healing.

This is one of the most personal stories I’ve ever written. The desire to heal—both myself and others—has played a large role in my life. So I gave Robert and Constance the best I had, ensuring they'd find the love and joy they both deserved.

I hope Shadow of the Sw
Jessica Squires
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is by far my favorite in this series. I love Constance and her broken story. And boy will that ending hit you HARD. Judith Sterling is an amazing author and I'm in love with her work!! I'm so happy Robert is in this story! I was hoping hed be next when he was introduced in the last book! These are all stand alone you don't have to read them in order or the others at all, although I highly recommend it because you will fall in love!!! This name of this story now gets me. You'll understand la ...more
Amanda
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
An excellent triology . I am just confused if that s is the end of it there will be a book 4. Hi got this book from StoryOrigin and this is my voluntary and honest review.
Kristen Meierer
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great installment to the Novels of Ravenwood! It is always a pleasure reading Judith Sterling's work! ...more
Wendy
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After Flight of the Raven and Soul of the Wolf, this time it is Sir Robert (yep, the brother of William) who is the main character in the story. When he encounters Lady Constance, he feels an instant connection. When she is in need of rescue, he offers her a spiritual marriage. When lady Contance went into the convent, she was convinced she should become a nun. But now, when shadows of her past are catching up with her, she feels that Robert can keep her safe.
Sir Robert doesn't know why he offer
D. MacMurray
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful love story with a great twist at the end. Well-researched and beautifully written, with a touch of magic.
Patricia Terry
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charming romance with some unusual garnishes. Quite an enjoyable read. I received a free review copy of the audio version of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Libbali  626
At this point I’m reading for the covers alone
Magain Rumalean
Gail
Feb 14, 2021
Jenn poandl
Dec 14, 2019

• Wild, Wild Rake (The Cavensham Heiresses #6)
  • Covet thy Neighbor (Granite Cove, #2)
  • Spires
  • Grace by Contract (Once Upon a Duchy, #1)
  • Marrying Miss Marshal (Wild Wyoming Hearts, #1)
  • Round of Applause (Strawberry Shifters Book 2)
  • The Faceless Mage (Legends of Abreia, #1)
  • The Unseen Heir (Legends of Abreia #2)
  • Shadows of Doubt
  • A Song of Sea and Shore
  • When Hunting a Chimera (Legend of Tal, Prequel)
  • About an Earl
  • Gone With the Rogue (First Comes Love, #2)
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe: A Graphic Novel
  • The Highlander's Claim
  • The Vampire with a Blanket of Stars (Arnhem Knights of New York, #3)
  • Swept By The Highlander (Highlander Forever #3)
  • Forbidden Realm (Forbidden, #5)
Judith Sterling is an award-winning author whose love of history and passion for the paranormal infuse everything she writes. Whether penning medieval romance (The Novels of Ravenwood) or young adult paranormal fantasy (the Guardians of Erin series), her favorite themes include true love, destiny, time travel, healing, redemption, and finding the hidden magic which exists all around us. She loves ...more

The Novels of Ravenwood (5 books)
  • Flight of the Raven (The Novels of Ravenwood, #1)
  • Soul of the Wolf (The Novels of Ravenwood #2)
  • Night of the Owl (The Novels of Ravenwood, #4)
  • Return of the Raven (The Novels of Ravenwood, #5)