Start by marking “From Lukov with Love” as Want to Read:
From Lukov with Love

From Lukov with Love

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  31,222 ratings  ·  3,822 reviews
If someone were to ask Jasmine Santos to describe the last few years of her life with a single word, it would definitely be a four-letter one.

After seventeen years—and countless broken bones and broken promises—she knows her window to compete in figure skating is coming to a close.

But when the offer of a lifetime comes in from an arrogant idiot she’s spent the last decade
Paperback, 1st edition, 493 pages
Published February 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about From Lukov with Love, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Joyce I have the same questions!! When did he fall in love with her? I like to think that he always had a thing for her but as he had also dedicated his lif…moreI have the same questions!! When did he fall in love with her? I like to think that he always had a thing for her but as he had also dedicated his life to the sport, he didn’t know how to go about approaching her any differently than he did.... he also knew that was the best way to actually approach her because of how dedicated and stubborn she was. Remember when she was in the GM office, having just been made the offer - Jasmine says something like “years later I will look back and realize they played me” . I think that’s the sign that confirms this. (less)

·  31,222 ratings  ·  3,822 reviews

Start your review of From Lukov with Love
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Have you ever seen the amazing 1992 movie that was The Cutting Edge?

description

Well, I loved this movie growing up.
LOVED it.
ADORED it.

So much in fact that I had it on VHS - for you youngun's, that was like a big tape cassette that played movies.

Oh wait, young people might not know what a tape cassette is either.

Here's a visual:

description

Those were the days, folks. Such amazing clarity...

description

Such clear and concise user instructions...

description

But anyrewind, as I was saying...

I had it on VHS.

And when those went out, I go
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
"If I can’t skate with you, I don’t want to skate with anyone else.”

Well this is awkward...
This started off as a solid 4 star read for me, and it all went downhill from there. Not to say that this was not a fun read - because it was. I was just expecting more

*ahem*

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce you to one of the slowest slow burns in the history of slow burns.

____________

Here's what I think's going to happen
This was a unique romance novel. I would even go as far as saying th
A.
I give up. And I feel like a traitor.

Maybe one day, many, many years from now, when I retire, I will decide to finish this book while I wait for my georgeous future grandkids to wake up from their midday nap. Maybe. Not today, though.

The thing is, right now I don’t have time nor patience for this story and this heroine. I can't spend one more second in her head. When you've got a lot of shit going on in your real life, you don’t need annoying heroines with their overblown problems.

I still cr
Bibi
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

A conversation between ignorant Bibi and slightly less ignorant Bibi, let's call them B1 and B2

B1: Five stars? Really? After all the bitching and moaning

B2: *smiles at her e-reader*

B1: But you hated Jasmine at the beginning

B2: *widens smile*

B1: You also said and I quote "what kind of fuckery is this? No 30-yr-old man speaks like this"

B2: *ignores bitch1 B1*

B1: *wrings hands* but....you dislike slow burn romance

B2: *casts a pitying look at B1*

B1: You said Ivan and Jasmine were too old. I was ther
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
5 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

I LOVE LOVE LOVED IT. Make way, The Wall of Winnipeg and Me and Kulti, From Lukov with Love is joining you in my 're-read all over and over and over again' pile. This book had Mariana Zapata's signature slow burn that I can't get enough, characters I can't help but absolutely love, and fantastic banter that made me laugh out loud, all the while set in a sport world I don't usually encounter in romance novels (If you know more figure skating/pair skating romanc
Christy
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars!!!

photo IMG_1295_zpsq4vxtesj.png

I am obsessed with Mariana Zapata's audio books. I'm kind of just obsessed with her books, period, but I love listening to them. They have the amazing narration and make my heart happy. From Lukov with Love was the best enemies to lovers/friends to lovers/slowburn/sports romance.

Ivan Lukov and Jasmine Santos have been in the same ice skating circuit for many years. Not only that, but Jasmine's best friend is Ivan's sister. Still, these two have not had the best relationship. On
 Teodora
4.45/5 ⭐

Full review on my Blog: The Dacian She-Wolf 🐺

I honestly was far from expecting this book to make me tear up a bit at the end. But it happened. And it was more like a tiny wet something in my eyes though…but hey, no one is crying here, okay? Mind your own business.

From Lukov with Love , huh?

I would definitely not lie if I told you that I have heard about this book multiple times a couple of years ago when everyone around me was reading it and I was just sitting there with my Crime a
Chloe
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A slow burn hate to love SPORTS ROMANCE!? UGH! This was everything.
jessica
i have seen nothing but good things about mariana zapata, so i was really excited to finally read one of her books. and knowing that this was a goodreads finalist in the romance category only got me even more hyped. so maybe my expectations were a little too high because ughhh! this was a massive let down.

and thats mainly because i wouldnt consider this a romance book (which is what i was in the mood for). i honestly would just call it contemporary fiction or even new adult. nothing romantic ha
Tweebs♥️

“My mom said I had serious trust issues, but honestly, the more people I met, the more I didn’t want to meet.”

I don't know what's more sad:

1) finishing this book
2) my love life
3) or this gif

If I were to become the Prime Minister of Canada; every citizen will be required to read all of Mariana Zapata's books. I heard reading at least one book written by Mariana Zapata will clear your skin, make you hear colors, bring world peace basically no more trump and prolong your life but s
Snow
So, on Feb 2, 2018, I HAVE SAID:

on Feb 3, 2018, I'm kinda speechless...

This was the fastest long slow burn romance book I have read by Mariana Zapata, and I have read them all...so, i would know *wink*

This was as equally or even more beautiful as the rest of her stories, but more closely this story is closer to the cult status KULTI & The Wall of Winnipeg and me have in my heart.

And most of all, after reading it, I feel this tremendous joy and fulfillment.
Yeah, you might even say It made me happ
lucie
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
1st re-read
... and I fell in love with Ivan Lukov once again. 💚

***
I LOVED THIS SO MUCH!
'No shit.'

From Lukov with Love is hate-to-love story about Jasmine and Ivan that features figure skating. You can feel the hate between those two from the beginning. They throw sarcastic and hateful notes at each other like it would be an olympic sport. But in pair (figure) skating you have to trust your partner if you want to win and they both know it. So they have to do something about it.
Step b
bella farren
5/5 stars

reread:
06/06/18
04/01/19
27/06/19

reread comment 27/06/19: instead of studying for my exam, I fell into a youtube black hole of figure skating videos, which of course meant I had to reread this. So there you go, an insight into my unfailing thought process.

it's no real surprise that I loved this one, although I did go into it a little more apprehensive than I usually do with MZ books. I knew nothing about figure skating other than I wasn't particularly interested in the sport, but it only
N.
"If I had to choose anyone to help me bury a body, eat dinner with, or watch television with, it would be you, every time for everything."

MY HEART IS SO FULL.

I have laughed, cried, fumed, cringed, swooned, and had every other reaction in between while I was reading this book. Mariana Zapata has been so good to me - gracing me with such wonderful writing - that I actually feel guilty that my first impression of this story and these characters was:

Because, confession time.

It was a litt
Melanie A. ~mostly on hiatus~
4.5 STARS!
"You're always going to be my favorite person."
This was me while reading this book:
==> 0 to 80% 😍😍 5+ STARS!!
==> by 85% 🤔 4 STARS!!
==> by 95% 😬 2 STARS!!
==> by the epilogue 😍😍 5+ STARS!!
Yeah, I know, I'm a weirdo. But I think most of you know that already.

Anyway . . .

I love the way MZ painstakingly builds up her relationships and sets the stage, but then (with the exception of Kulti) they always fizzle out for me near the end. I need OOOMPH in my romance, dammit!

How
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Love to me was honesty.
Being real.
Knowing someone’s best and worst.
Love was a push that said someone believed in you when you didn’t.
Love was effort and time.

Story 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Jasmine hates quitting.
But she’s alone now. Her partner and her coach left her some time ago.
It’s hard training for partner skating if you don’t have a partner.
She thinks that maybe she doesn’t have a choice. She needs to give up.
But then her frenemy Ivan Lukov, big brother of her best friend and owner of the skate cente
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• by: Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
First things first, if you love slow burns, you know Zapata is your go to. And this book will definitely leave you with a burn. I burned. Holy shit did I burn reading this book. I not only burned for the love, I burned to get Ivan’s POV. I wanted in his head so fricken badly. Again slowwww burn...

We are gifted with getting to know the ever lovely and beautiful lost soul of Jasmine. She’s a professional Ice Skater that hasn’t had luck on her side. She had devoted everything she has to ice ska
Irina
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best enemies to lovers book that I read. I have no words to discribe it.
Even though the slow burn romance killed me the last chapters were amazing. If you like this kind of books I highly recommend this one.
Lucia
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 1-2-stars-read
I love slow burn romances and I was looking forward to reading this novel. Then surprise happened. Not only whole story was too slow, but there was no burn and definitely no romance for almost whole book. To say the truth, real romance didn’t start until last 15% of the book. I expected enemies-to-lovers trope and hot chemistry but all I got was not so special, slow-paced self-discovery story with juvenile banters and distant romantic undertone. Disappointment!

And what was with all that blinking
chan ☆
“Because I’m okay with you having ten other people be your favorite. But you’re always going to be my favorite person. Always, no matter what.”

CUE THE BIG SLOPPY TEARS. I fucking loved this. I can understand why people don’t love it, Jas can be annoying and this was a true slow burn.

But damn if I didn’t relate to Jas’ passion and her attitude and her need for support and validation. And it didn’t help that Ivan’s quotes were basically ripped directly from my bf’s mouth.

Idk this just resonated
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 Stars

Mariana Zapata gifts an ice skating slow burn romance. This novel does deliver on the banter, family, puppies, however for me fell a bit short feeling the love. Nevertheless, it was an entertaining read!

may ❀
excuse me while i hyperfixate and obsess over figure skating for the next 9243 years

also ivan and jasmine?? they own my heart. goodnight

buddy read with my fav romance stan, menna ❤️
✰ Liz ✰
“We both know you love me.”
description

From Lukov with Love is a unique sports romance with complex characters and a lot of heart! With love and skating in the mix, what could be better?

description
“Give me all your competition dates in advance. It’ll be the Hunger Games on ice. I’ll buy everyone in the family front row seats,”
Jasmine Santos is a competitive skater who has spent her whole life striving to be the best. When her partner suddenly drops her for someone else, she continues to train. When her arch
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐️⭐️ 2 STARS ⭐️⭐️

From Lukov With Love was... like :
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me—on ice,
Wait For Me—on ice,
Kulti—on ice. And Kulti was my least favorite book by Zapata.
From Lukov With Love wasn’t necessarily bad, just a copy carbon of situations and scenes from the author's previous books, only transposed to the figure skating world.

There were really golden moments in From Lukov with Love , the banter and bickering between both main characters was truly entertaining, Zapata did a great jo
EmBibliophile
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Marian zapata has taught me patience and discipline. I feel like a well trained dog who has to be such a good little puppy to get his treats.

"Because I’m okay with you having ten other people be your favorite. But you’re always going to be my favorite person,” he finished. “Always. No matter what.”

This was an enjoyable enemies to lovers story that got me so hooked! I loved jasmine’s family and her relation with them so much. Jasmine and Ivan’s banter were so fun! Or I’m just a silly pe
Lianne
5 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗧𝗢 𝗠𝗬 𝗙𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗦𝗛𝗘𝗟𝗙 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗦

First of all thank you to everyone who convinced me to read this. Second of all enemies to lovers I AM NOT READY FOR THAT. Third, ehem IVAN LUKOV. Fourth, the audiobook is so good. Lastly, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

that's it. That's the review thank you very much. It's nice to be back here. And even better because Im back with a new fave and a new book boyfriend. IM FINE EVERYTHING IS FINE. AAAAAAAAAAAH!!
Arena♡
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Arena♡ by: Cintia

🌟5 can-of-whoop-ass stars🌟

I've been on a Mariana Zapata marathon lately, this was my second book by her this week and lets just say I'M A FAN!!! I've heard so much about this book from many of my friends and now I understand the hype, this book definitely lived up to my expectation, in fact it even exceeded it.

“I’d give you every ribbon, trophy, medal, anything at my house or at the LC if it meant something,” he told me. “I’ll give you anything you want if you stop crying.”

I loved the slow-burn
Warda
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm considering myself confused here. I wanted to fall in love with this book, because who doesn't love a slow-burn romances?!

I was expecting something along the lines of ACOMAF or The Hating Game, but the characters and the plot had little substance and neither was their relationship convincing to me. It took place in a span of a year (I think) and jumped from season to season. Was that meant to be the slow-burn aspect? I mean, this is close to 500 pages!!! There could've been so much more bet
jaime ⭐️
book 29 out of 100

jasmine santos is a snarky little bitch and i love her.

read for my reading romances video on youtube!

youtubetwitterinstagram
Effy

My exams have finally come to an end and I can hopefully read more. I thank Mariana Zapata for keeping me highly entertained during my exams.

The book bears an uncanny resemblance to the movie "A Cutting Edge". I kept picturing the two main actors as the movie's protagonists while I was reading the book.

Jasmine and Ivan are forced to collaborate by becoming figure skating partners, although they seem to be unable to be in the same room or breathe the same air without killing one another. They are

• Wrecking Ball (Hard to Love, #1)
  • Punk 57
  • Marriage for One
  • Enemies
  • The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)
  • Archer's Voice
  • Vicious (Sinners of Saint, #1)
  • Birthday Girl
  • You Deserve Each Other
  • To Love Jason Thorn
  • The Simple Wild (Wild, #1)
  • Managed (VIP, #2)
  • Scoring Wilder
  • The Score (Off-Campus, #3)
  • The Risk (Briar U, #2)
  • Only When It's Us (Bergman Brothers, #1)
  • Anything You Can Do
  • The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2)

Articles featuring this book

Looking for the perfect reading match? Here to help you find your happily ever after this summer are some of the biggest and...
“My mom said I had serious trust issues, but honestly, the more people I met, the more I didn’t want to meet more.” 74 likes
“You are who you are in life, and you either live that time trying to bend yourself to make other people happy, or… you don’t.” 57 likes