Start by marking “From Lukov with Love” as Want to Read:
From Lukov with Love

From Lukov with Love

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  14,501 Ratings  ·  1,821 Reviews
If someone were to ask Jasmine Santos to describe the last few years of her life with a single word, it would definitely be a four-letter one.

After seventeen years—and countless broken bones and broken promises—she knows her window to compete in figure skating is coming to a close.

But when the offer of a lifetime comes in from an arrogant idiot she’s spent the last decade
Paperback, 1st edition, 493 pages
Published February 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about From Lukov with Love, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Joyce I have the same questions!! When did he fall in love with her? I like to think that he always had a thing for her but as he had also dedicated his…moreI have the same questions!! When did he fall in love with her? I like to think that he always had a thing for her but as he had also dedicated his life to the sport, he didn’t know how to go about approaching her any differently than he did.... he also knew that was the best way to actually approach her because of how dedicated and stubborn she was. Remember when she was in the GM office, having just been made the offer - Jasmine says something like “years later I will look back and realize they played me” . I think that’s the sign that confirms this. (less)

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky, and B*tchy ⚓️ Steamy Reads
Have you ever seen the amazing 1992 movie that was The Cutting Edge?

description

Well, I loved this movie growing up.
LOVED it.
ADORED it.

So much in fact that I had it on VHS - for you youngun's, that was like a big tape cassette that played movies.

Oh wait, young people might not know what a tape cassette is either.

Here's a visual:

description

Those were the days, folks. Such amazing clarity...

description

Such clear and concise user instructions...

description

But anyrewind, as I was saying...

I had it on VHS.

And when those went out, I got i
◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆
I give up.

And I feel like a traitor.

Maybe one day, many, many years from now, when I retire, I will decide to finish this book while I wait for my georgeous future grandkids to wake up from their midday nap.

Maybe.

Not today, though.

The thing is, right now I don’t have time nor patience for this story and this heroine. I can't spend one more second in her head.

When you've got a lot of shit going on in your real life, you don’t need annoying heroines with their overblown problems.

I still cringe
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
"If I can’t skate with you, I don’t want to skate with anyone else.”

Well this is awkward...
This started off as a solid 4 star read for me, and it all went downhill from there. Not to say that this was not a fun read - because it was. I was just expecting more

*ahem*

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce you to one of the slowest slow burns in the history of slow burns.

____________

Here's what I think's going to happen
This was a unique romance novel. I would even go as far as saying that thi
Bibi
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

A conversation between ignorant Bibi and slightly less ignorant Bibi, let's call them B1 and B2

B1: Five stars? Really? After all the bitching and moaning

B2: *smiles at her e-reader*

B1: But you hated Jasmine at the beginning

B2: *widens smile*

B1: You also said and I quote "what kind of fuckery is this? No 30-yr-old man speaks like this"

B2: *ignores bitch1 B1*

B1: *wrings hands* but....you dislike slow burn romance

B2: *casts a pitying look at B1*

B1: You said Ivan and Jasmine were too old. I was ther
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
5 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

I LOVE LOVE LOVED IT. Make way, The Wall of Winnipeg and Me and Kulti, From Lukov with Love is joining you in my 're-read all over and over and over again' pile. This book had Mariana Zapata's signature slow burn that I can't get enough, characters I can't help but absolutely love, and fantastic banter that made me laugh out loud, all the while set in a sport world I don't usually encounter in romance novels (If you know more figure skating/pair skating romanc
Christy
4.25 stars!!!

photo IMG_1295_zpsq4vxtesj.png

I am obsessed with Mariana Zapata's audio books. I'm kind of just obsessed with her books, period, but I love listening to them. They have the amazing narration and make my heart happy. From Lukov with Love was the best enemies to lovers/friends to lovers/slowburn/sports romance.

Ivan Lukov and Jasmine Santos have been in the same ice skating circuit for many years. Not only that, but Jasmine's best friend is Ivan's sister. Still, these two have not had the best relationship. On th
Tweebs♥️ (semi-hiatus)

“My mom said I had serious trust issues, but honestly, the more people I met, the more I didn’t want to meet.”

I don't know what's more sad:

1) finishing this book
2) my love life
3) or this gif

If I were to become the Prime Minister of Canada; every citizen will be required to read all of Mariana Zapata's books. I heard reading at least one book written by Mariana Zapata will clear your skin, make you hear colors, bring world peace basically no more trump and prolong your life but sss
Snow
So, on Feb 2, 2018, I HAVE SAID:

on Feb 3, 2018, I'm kinda speechless...

This was the fastest long slow burn romance book I have read by Mariana Zapata, and I have read them all...so, i would know *wink*

This was as equally or even more beautiful as the rest of her stories, but more closely this story is closer to the cult status KULTI & The Wall of Winnipeg and me have in my heart.

And most of all, after reading it, I feel this tremendous joy and fulfillment.
Yeah, you might even say It made me
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
5/5 stars

it's no real surprise that I loved this one, although I did go into it a little more apprehensive than I usually do with MZ books. I knew nothing about figure skating other than I wasn't particularly interested in the sport, but it only took me a few chapters before I was completely in love.

rtc x 2

(also I just know I'm about to binge reread all of MZ's other books, because that's just the way of life. her writing is addictive).
Nanly
"If I had to choose anyone to help me bury a body, eat dinner with, or watch television with, it would be you, every time for everything."

MY HEART IS SO FULL.

I have laughed, cried, fumed, cringed, swooned, and had every other reaction in between while I was reading this book. Mariana Zapata has been so good to me - gracing me with such wonderful writing - that I actually feel guilty that my first impression of this story and these characters was:

Because, confession time.

It was a little hard
lucie
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS SO MUCH!
'No shit.'

From Lukov with Love is hate-to-love story about Jasmine and Ivan that features figure skating. You can feel the hate between those two from the beginning. They throw sarcastic and hateful notes at each other like it would be an olympic sport. But in pair (figure) skating you have to trust your partner if you want to win and they both know it. So they have to do something about it.
Step by step.
From haters to best friends.

I loved Jasmine for not giving up. Nev
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 Stars

Mariana Zapata gifts an ice skating slow burn romance. This novel does deliver on the banter, family, puppies, however for me fell a bit short feeling the love. Nevertheless, it was an entertaining read!

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• by: Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
First things first, if you love slow burns, you know Zapata is your go to. And this book will definitely leave you with a burn. I burned. Holy shit did I burn reading this book. I not only burned for the love, I burned to get Ivan’s POV. I wanted in his head so fricken badly. Again slowwww burn...

We are gifted with getting to know the ever lovely and beautiful lost soul of Jasmine. She’s a professional Ice Skater that hasn’t had luck on her side. She had devoted everything she has to ice skatin
Elizabeth
“We both know you love me.”
description

From Lukov with Love is a unique sports romance with complex characters and a lot of heart! With love and skating in the mix, what could be better?

description
“Give me all your competition dates in advance. It’ll be the Hunger Games on ice. I’ll buy everyone in the family front row seats,”
Jasmine Santos is a competitive skater who has spent her whole life striving to be the best. When her partner suddenly drops her for someone else, she continues to train. When her arch nem
Lucia
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 1-2-stars-read
I love slow burn romances and I was looking forward to reading this novel. Then surprise happened. Not only whole story was too slow, but there was no burn and definitely no romance for almost whole book. To say the truth, real romance didn’t start until last 15% of the book. I expected enemies-to-lovers trope and hot chemistry but all I got was not so special, slow-paced self-discovery story with juvenile banters and distant romantic undertone. Disappointment!

And what was with all that blinking
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐ 2.5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐

From Lukov With Love was... like :
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me—on ice,
Wait For Me—on ice,
Kulti—on ice. And Kulti was my least favorite book by Zapata.
From Lukov With Love wasn’t necessarily bad, just a copy carbon of situations and scenes from the author's previous books, only transposed to the figure skating world.

There were really golden moments in From Lukov with Love , the banter and bickering between both main characters was truly entertaining, Zapata did a great job at
Kristen
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, purchased
THIS BOOK WAS EVERYTHING. It's 2am and I just need to share my love for another fantastic Mariana Zapata book.
“If I had to choose anyone to help me bury a body, eat dinner with, or watch television with, it would be you, every time for everything.”
description
“Are you two ever going to get along?” Ivan said, “Yes” at the same time I said, “No,” giving him a dirty-ass look as I said it.

I absolutely LOVED IT. I was never worried that my expectations would be too high because she's never disappointed
Jemima
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it

FOR GOODREADS

As I write this review, I have officially binged watched something I never thought I'd be ever interested in- ice skating.
Yup. I place the blame on Mariana Zapata's from Lukov with love.
I'll tell you something, there's a reason why Mariana Zapata's books are a one-click / no brainer for me...I'd read just about anything she ever writes...and yes, even if there were toilet papers in collaboration with her, I'd buy it.
I don't know how she does it but she creates magic. I generally have a love/h
Alex ♈
1st DNF @ 53%
#youcandoitAlex

2nd DNF @ 55%
#loser!!!(?)

NOT because of the slow burn, and the writing was good!

Alex just couldn't stand the H

And then she just couldn't...

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
I can't even right now. Review to come...
Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Jodi Bibliophile

Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mariana Zapata Fans, Olympics, Romance
4 Being Enough Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
If you read a Mariana Zapata novel, be prepared to dig in, become invested in the people and their quirks, lives and inner dialogue. Know there will be detailed experiences which could be part of anybody's life... and it will be used to show more then you ever thought...and that is her gift. You are seeing a life through Zapata's eyes and they are showing all the good, hurt, determined and wanting in Technicolor Splendor.

It is this way of telling her tale
Jess
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t know if it’s just my personal opinion or not, but I think one of the best compliments you can give an author consists of two things. Number 1: try and leave a review if you can. The second: wanting to pick up the book the second you put it down. Needing to experience the book immediately after having just finished reading it is MAJOR. The instant I put FROM LUKOV WITH LOVE down, I wanted to read it again. And again. I think you’ve won me over AGAIN Mariana Zapata, and I already was a for ...more
majo
I have made an important decision: Mariana Zapata, queen of slow burn romance, is now one of my favorite authors of all time. I am so happy with myself.

Now, From Lukov with love, is a freaking slow burn romance centered IN PAIR ICE SKATING. Not only one of the most beautiful sports, but also is a sport played in couples dancing and skating and making figures and THIS IDEA IS SO GENIUS. AND NOT ONLY THAT, but the protagonists hated each other, so is a hate-to-love kind of romance and IT WAS AMAZI
Warda
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm considering myself confused here. I wanted to fall in love with this book, because who doesn't love a slow-burn romances?!

I was expecting something along the lines of ACOMAF or The Hating Game, but the characters and the plot had little substance and neither was their relationship convincing to me. It took place in a span of a year (I think) and jumped from season to season. Was that meant to be the slow-burn aspect? I mean, this is close to 500 pages!!! There could've been so much more bet
Jessica Gadziala
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
God, yes. My soul needed this book.
Wendy
3-5-star-rating-hi.png (600×108)

I was so freaking excited to read this one !! I love this author's work, and "Kulti"  is one of my all time favorite MF books.

Now I have got to be honest though...I liked this one, but I didn't love it. Not as much as all the others I have read by Marianna..... sorry.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor shame on me gif

This one started out really awesome. I liked the hero, I loved the heroine and the sports aspect was great...but then...nothing.

Jasmine is a professional figure skater...or well she would have still been if her partner hadn't dumped
Manju
the first time i read about this book i knew i was going to read it, after all it's Mariana Zapata. she is one of my favorite romance author. hence i started reading it as soon as i came out.

and i was quite disappointed. while reading it, I enjoyed it but once i finished, and started thinking about it I found that this was not something that i haven't read before. I have read this same thing from this same author with just different set of characters.

Ivan and Jasmine, classic rivalry. they kne
Carol
4.5 stars.
Stayed up late to finish reading this. Will review later. Mariana is still my Queen of the slow-burn.
2/23/2018.
Having read so many mixed reviews from friends, I was thrilled but not surprised that I really loved this book.
I have always had a thing for second chance romances but lately Mariana's style of slow-burn romance has become my absolute favorite type of romance to read. I am slowly making my way through her entire collection.
This book is an enemies to lover's story and I was hoo
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
The most I’d ever seen out of him was a smile or two around his family, specifically Karina.
But that was it.
I hadn’t even known he knew how to laugh….
Unless he was doing something shitty, like taking people’s souls and stuff.

There are very few things in life I love as much as I love the books my favorite authors write. Even fewer still are the moments where I can’t even finish a page because I can’t seem to find the breath to support the amount of air in my lungs it takes to supply hosting

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • At the Stroke of Midnight (The Naughty Princess Club, #1)
  • Wreckage
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“My mom said I had serious trust issues, but honestly, the more people I met, the more I didn’t want to meet more.” 22 likes
“You are who you are in life, and you either live that time trying to bend yourself to make other people happy, or… you don’t.” 19 likes