Start by marking “A Killer's Alibi (Philadelphia Legal #3)” as Want to Read:
A Killer's Alibi (Philadelphia Legal #3)

A Killer's Alibi

(Philadelphia Legal #3)

For attorney Mick McFarland, the evidence is damning. And so are the family secrets in this twisty legal thriller from the Amazon Charts bestselling author of A Criminal Defense.

When crime lord Jimmy Nunzio is caught, knife in hand, over the body of his daughter's lover and his own archenemy, he turns to Mick McFarland to take up his defense. Usually the courtroom puppetee
Published February 19th 2019 by Thomas & Mercer

Kylie D
A scorching legal thriller, William L Myers Jnr has come up with a more than worthy follow up to his first two books in this, the third, of the Philadelphia Legal series.

In this book lawyer Mick McFarland finds himself representing mob boss Jimmy Nunzio (aka Jimmy Nutso) after he is caught red handed with a knife in his hand, and his daughter's boyfriend dead on the floor with a slashed throat. The problem is the boyfriend was from a rival mob, so a mob war is imminent, and Mick finds himself ca
Joey R.
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars— I guess I am officially a fan of William Myers now, as this is the 3rd book in the Philadelphia Legal series I have read. This one falls squarely in the middle as far as how I rank them with “A Criminal Defense” being my favorite and “An Engineered Injustice” being my least favorite. “A Killer’s Alibi” once again tells the story through the eyes of Mick, a successful Philadelphia criminal defense lawyer who is retained to defend notorious mobster and return character Jimmy “Nutzo” Nun ...more
Matt
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Published and well-worth a look!

First and foremost, a large thank you to NetGalley, William L. Myers Jr., and Thomas & Mercer for providing me with a copy of this publication, which allows me to provide you with an unbiased review.

The reader can be assured of a well-developed legal thriller when William L. Myers Jr. is at the helm. His attention to detail and captivating stories keep the story enthralling until the final pages, and this book is no exception. When James ‘Jimmy’ Nunzio is foun
DJ Sakata
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

If you’re suggesting he agree to be conscripted into witness protection, I just don’t see Jimmy Nunzio letting you move him to Iowa to sell fire insurance.

I don’t need to spend any time thinking about him. He does enough thinking about himself for all of us.

I never met people who could talk so much without saying anything. It felt like they were blowing words into the air to fill up the space between us.

Mick can tell he’s having a good time dragging out the tale. “I feel like a m
Louise Wilson
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crime Lord Jimmy Nunzio is caught, literally red handed, with the knife in his hands over the dead body of his daughters lover. He quickly hires Mick McFarland to defend him. But Nunzio is staying tight lipped, refusing to tell Mick what really happened. Meanwhile, Mick's wife, Piper is trying to free Darlene David, a young woman who was sentenced to life in prison for the murder of her sexually abusive father.

It feels like a lifetime that I have waited to read the third instalment of the Philad
Kathi Defranc
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An intriguing legal thriller with an outstanding plot and excellent characters!! I was very excited when I read the first book by this author,it was so very good I could not believe it was his first novel!! This is the third book and it surpasses the others, with intense legal intricacies and emotional relationships that develop as Attorney Mick McFarland ,his wife Piper and partners attempt to find a common ground to assist their clients.
The characters are realistic, you quickly feel you know
Kathi Defranc
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An intriguing legal thriller with an outstanding plot and excellent characters!! I was very excited when I read the first book by this author, 'A Criminal Defense',it was So very good that I could not believe it was his first novel! This is the third book and it surpasses the others, with intense legal intricacies and emotional relationships that develop as Attorney Mick McFarland, his wife Piper and partners attempt to find a common ground to assist their clients.
The characters are realistic
Stephen Bentley
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
A Killer's Alibi (Philadelphia Legal) is the third novel in the Philadelphia Legal series by author William L. Myers. I have now read all three. At 430 pages (in paperback), this is probably the longest of the three.

No great surprise there, as there are two and a half plots going on in this story.
I did like the book, but I am conflicted as I did think the book could have done with some of the story lines shortening considerably or edited out entirely. It needed to be tighter, tauter. That is pos
Brandy
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you love crime-solving mysteries, Law & Order, and/or The Godfather, then this is the book for you! Besides the beginning (which could have been just me caught up on names), this book is very fast paced. Once I got past the name overload at the beginning, I was completely immersed and stayed up until 4am to finish.

The plot: A mobster is charged with murdering the son of a rival mobster. So of course, you have crime families and war. This mobster needs a lawyer, so he hires our main man,
Cathy
The book opens with a prologue in which the reader witnesses a dramatic and shocking event, the consequences of which will only become apparent later in the book.

I liked the way the book alternates between the two story lines – Mick McFarland’s defence of mob boss, Jimmy Nunzio and the attempts of Mick’s wife, Piper, to prove the innocence of convicted killer, Darlene Dowd. Needless to say, the progress of neither investigation runs smoothly and both Mick and Piper are forced to confront the co
Amy
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
This is the third book in a series, I absolutely loved both A Criminal Defense and An Engineered Injustice and I highly recommend them, especially if you like legal thrillers. As much as I loved the first two books, this was my favorite, it’s one of those rare series that just keeps getting better with each book and this one had me riveted the entire time.
The best thing about Myers books for me is how intricately planned they are, there is a meticulous attention to detail that always wows me and
Aristotle
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I still don't know how i feel about Mick and Piper after book one. After this book lets throw Susan into the mix.
Mick, Piper, and Susan belong on the Vanderpump Rules.
Their genitalia lack a morale compass.
The only person that has a soul is Tommy. Who is a convicted felon. Not to mention that he committed patricide. That's how morally bankrupt the rest of the crew is.
I trust the mafia don Jimmy Nunzio over his defense team and the prosecutor.
Anyway i'll get off my moral high horse.

A well writte
Cathy Ryan
4.5*
The story opens with a shocking prologue as twelve year old Jimmy Nunzio is initiated into the family ‘firm.’ Twenty some years later mob boss, Jimmy Nunzio is caught knife in hand and covered in blood, a body at his feet and his daughter weeping over her dead boyfriend. Mick McFarland is hired to represent Nunzio as his defence counsel and, although he has mixed feelings, after talking to his client he feels pressured to accept despite the fact Nunzio refuses to explain what actually happen
Liz Barnsley
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd book in the Philadelphia legal series following lawyer Mick McFarland and it’s fast becoming a firm favourite in my house, such terrific page turners, immersive writing and unexpected plotting.
This one was just like that, tense and pacy, with some memorable supporting characters in the mix and a difficult, dangerous case for our main protagonist.
Mob war looms, Mike under pressure from all sides, his wife Piper struggling with her own emotional case and William Myers racks up the
Debjani Ghosh
My Blog

A Killer’s Alibi by William L. Myers Jr. is a truly addictive legal thriller.
From the start, the author plunged me into his ingeniously crafted fiction. I absolutely did not want to stop reading. Consequently, I finished this book in three days straight. The fast pace of the narrative helped too.

Anchored with perfect words, the characters—the protagonists as well as the supporting ones—effortlessly carried the burden of the plot. I could empathize with Mick’s helplessness. He could only
Brigette
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You would have thought I had won the lottery when I was presented with the opportunity to preview this book. Love this author and loved this book. The double plot line was a bonus. I can guarantee readers will not be disappointed with this one. Now all I want to know is: when can we expect book number 4!?
Ellie Book Girl
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Bravo. If you read William L Myers, Jr's first two novels you will love this! If you did not read them, read this anyway because you don't need to read the first two in order to love this book.

Myers has a way of writing a novel that not only keeps you guessing but leaves you having no idea until the bitter end. Since I read Myers first two novels, I knew that there would be surprises in store.

This book, was different. The plot revolves around women. As New York Times Bestselling author,
Bonnye Reed
GNab A Killer's Alibi is the third in a series of Philadelphia Legal thrillers by Wm L. Myers, Jr., but completely stand alone. I was excited to see this story line continue. The protagonists who shine in this legal battle are Mick and his brother Tommy McFarland, the firms investigator, but the whole crew are in and out of the story. And a fine story it is - there are clashes and the promise of war between organized crime families Nunzio, with an established and settled business set-up, and Val ...more
Carol
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Myers has a way of writing a novel that keeps you guessing until the very last. .

Darlene Dowd is doing life in prison for a murder the main characters believe she did not commit.

The book revolves around a high paid criminal defense law firm. They are working to exonerate a girl serving life in prison for the murder of her sexually abusive father--a murder they believe she did not commit,

On the other side of Philadelphia, they are also representing notorious Philadelphia mob boss Jimmy "Nutzo" N
Amanda
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. What a ride! Although this is the third book in the series you don't need to read the others to understand and completely enjoy this one. What I love about this series is that there are common characters in all books, but it isn't dedicated to spotlighting the same 3 or 4 with the others there simply for support. We get to learn more about all of the characters in each installment.

The dual plots were shaped to keep the reader guessing until the end. The writing is succinct yet appropriatel
Nicholas Adams
Jan 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Mick McFarland gets the client of a lifetime, but not in a good way.

Defense attorney Mick McFarland has made a name for himself as a defendant's best chance, but when reputed crime boss Jimmy "Nutzo" Nunzio hires him with an offer he can't refuse, Mick finds himself trying a case without all the facts; hardly any, in fact. Meanwhile, his wife Piper and legal associate take on a new innocence project; a woman who spent her entire life in prison for the grisly murder of her father.

As facts abou
Cheryl
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked this book. The alternating storylines at first kind of was distracting. At first there was Mick's case and than the case that his wife, Piper was working on. I did not really make the connection at first that the story changed between the two cases and therefore, I was trying to figure out the connection between the cases. In fact, I thought that Mick's wife was helping him in the beginning. This is partly my bad but at the same time it showed that the transition to the two storylines wa ...more
Darryl Greer
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"A Killer’s Alibi" is the latest legal thriller from lawyer and author, William L. Myers, Jr. Mobster, Jimmy Nunzio is found, covered in blood and holding a bloody knife, a few feet away from his daughter, Christina. She’s nursing her dead lover whose throat has been slashed from one side to the other. It doesn’t take the police more than a nanosecond to surmise what has happened, especially as the recently deceased is the son of Nunzio’s archenemy from another crime family. Criminal defence law ...more
T Olsen
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This really is a fantastic plot, with an underlying mystery that will keep you in suspense through the whole book. Great story and characters as well as very good flow.
Kate~Bibliophile Book Club
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Having read and loved the first two books in this series, I was delighted to read A Killer’s Alibi!

First off, I will say it would be helpful to have read the first two books because the characters are interwoven throughout the books. Secondly, just read the books because they are brilliant legal thrillers! 🙂

There are two plots in A Killer’s Alibi, one focusing on Mick McFarland and one focusing on his wife, Piper, as she tries prove the innocence of a woman convicted of killing her father.

Bill M
B. Shaun Smith
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Killer’s Alibi is the third book in the thrilling Philadelphia Legal Series. You do not need to read them in order. I do recommend reading A Criminal Defense and An Engineered Injustice. They are enjoyable reads on their own and together.

This is an excellent legal thriller with great plot lines and realistic characters. As the book unfolds, you’ll be on the edge of your seat till the end. In and out of the courtroom, you’ll never be bogged down with legal terminology. As with the two previous
Jessica
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-tours
Thanks to the author and TLC Book Tours for the free copy in exchange for my honest review

I’ll start by saying, I’ll pick up anything that has to do with the mafia. Its such a fascinating lifestyle and is it’s own world with it’s own rules. So when I saw that A KILLER’S ALIBI was a legal thriller involving the mafia, I had to pick it up! Despite this being book three in the Philadelphia Legal series, I wasn’t lost at all. In fact, I had no idea this was part of a series, so don’t let that deter
Rhonda Hendrick
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you William L. Myers, Jr. and Thomas & Mercer for an ARC of this book.
This is the third book of the Philadelphia Legal Series. The story is a stand alone, although there are some references to things that must have happened in the previous books of the series. This is the first one that I have read but it definitely won't be the last.
Mick McFarland is an attorney who is "hired" by a mob underboss that is charged with the murder of his daughter's boyfriend, a member of a rival mob. He
Diana Gitau
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a good legal thriller and this series is one of my favorites. I absolutely loved the first book, A Criminal Defense but I somehow missed book 2 in the series. I still could not resist grabbing this one off NetGalley when I saw it.

Mick has a tough case in his hands. First, his client is a mobster. Everyone knows Nunzio’s reputation. So how will Mick prove that the mobster is innocent especially when there is evidence to the contrary? Secondly, Nunzio does not want to share the story with h
Nay Denise
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received a copy from the author for review.

This was an awesome legal thriller and my first. I finished this book quicker than I expected. I loved the writing. The pace was amazing and it felt like I was watching a show on television.

Mick was a phenomenal lawyer! I loved his dedication to his job and solving cases that many believe to be open-shut or lost causes. Mick was an awesome father to Gabby. He was a great friend. Piper did a bang up job with the innocence case. I love how committed she w
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Promise
  • Killer Thriller (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #2)
  • The Shadow Agent (The Agent #3)
  • Blood Echo (Burning Girl, #2)
  • The Executioner Weeps
  • Loving Liberty Levine
  • Murder Theory (The Naturalist, #3)
  • Venetian Blood: Murder in a Sensuous City
  • Westside
  • Banesår (Henning Juul, #5)
  • The Power House (Sir Edward Leithen, #1)
  • Poor Boy Road (Jake Caldwell #1)
  • A Mother’s Sacrifice
  • The Diaries Of Pontius Pilate (Fellowship of the Essentials, #1)
  • The Cliff House
  • Driftwood Point (Chesapeake Diaries, #10)
  • Some Choose Darkness
  • The Me I Used to Be
William L. Myers, Jr. is the No. 6 best-selling author on Amazon Kindle in 2017 for his debut novel, A Criminal Defense. That was the first in what has become the Philadelphia Legal Series. The third book in that series, A Killers Alibi debuted earlier this year.
A Killer’s Alibi has had rave early reviews including New York Times Bestselling author, Bill Lasher—

“William Myers’ riveting new novel

Philadelphia Legal (4 books)
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
  • An Engineered Injustice (Philadelphia Legal #2)
  • A Criminal Justice (Philadelphia Legal #4)