Start by marking “Lonestar Secrets (Lonestar, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lonestar Secrets (Lonestar, #2)

Lonestar Secrets

(Lonestar #2)

Can a secret be kept forever?
Five years ago, Shannon Astor left the beautiful high-mountain country of West Texas as a single mother. She was desperate for a fresh start...and a way to keep the secrets of her past buried. It almost worked.
Until a chance to make a better life for her daughter leads her right back home. To the very place of the past betrayals.
But it also l
Published June 2008 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. (first published February 29th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Lonestar Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lonestar Secrets

Sarita
I enjoyed this romantic suspense from Colleen Coble. Both Shannon and Jack was great characters with a deep back story and I just adored the girls, Faith and Kylie.

The plot with the girls were revealed and completed early in the story, which I liked because the focus was then on healing and building a new family of four. The story with the girls did end up differently than what I expected.

The suspense was intriguing and kept me guessing, but it was not thrilling for those who enjoy a milder type
Tammy Doherty
Jul 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Colleen Coble’s writing. She brings her readers into the lives of each character, making us care about them. And so it is with Lonestar Secrets.

Shannon Astor gave birth to twins but then was told one of the babies had died. Five years later, she returns home and meets a little girl who looks so startlingly like her own daughter she questions the past. Other books would drag out this plot. Colleen’s characters behave like real people. Shannon immediately discovers the truth (don’t worry,
gautami
Oct 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shannon Aster, a vet, comes back to West Texas. She had left it as a single mother five years back. Her uncle has left her the farm and she wants her daughter to have a better life. Despite the betrayals of the past she thinks that West Texas is home for her daughter Kylie.

When she sees Faith, the daughter of Horse Trainer Jack MacGowan, she is amazed. Faith looks exactly like her daughter Kylie and both the girls take to each other instantly. Shannon has to get to the bottom of it. Reluctantly
Oct 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Title: LONESTAR SECRETS
Author: Colleen Coble
Publisher: Doubleday
2008
ISBN: 978-0-7394-9860-6
Genre: Inspirational/contemporary

Shannon Astor swore she’d never return to the town of Bluebird Crossing, Texas. Her parents were killed there and she lived with a harsh uncle. After Shannon gave birth to twins, and one died, Shannon took her remaining daughter and went to school to become a vet. Years later, Shannon was offered a job in Bluebird Crossing, and she returns home to her uncle’s ranch, now her
Kathryn Cooper
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great Christian Romance audio book!
Kathryn
Aug 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
another great read by coble in the lonestar series. It is a clean, fun romance telling how love is a choice. I love how the characters from the sanctuary are involved and you can continue to see their lives progress (Allie and Rick Bailey).

In secrets,Shannon a single mother of a 5 year old girl has made the break and sacrifice to go back to west Texas for a vet job that will help her and her child get a new break from a lower paying job in San Antonio and the cruddy living she had there. Her par
Renee
Sep 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
I got a bit nervous when I realized this book was part of the Lonestar series but after reading it, it seems to be a stand alone title.
Lonestar Secrets (click on the title to read the beginning)is the story of Shannon who is going back home to Texas; she's a single mom who is willing to put her past behind her in order to provide her daughter with a chance at a better life. Soon after her arrival in Texas she meets up with Jack, a now widowed father, whose daughter looks surprisingly like Shanno
Donna
Sep 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shannon is looking for a chance to better her life for herself and her daughter. While she has struggled as a single mother and put herself through vet school, the ranch bequeathed to her offers a new opportunity. The vet clinic in town is also available to her, so off she goes. But, does the little town hold painful secrets for her? And, what's up with Mary Beth?
Jack is struggling with painful memories of his deceased wife, but his daughter is the light of his life. The ranch and training hor
Amy
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my! I loved this book! Lonestar Secrets is the second in this series by Collen Coble. A lot of heartache, soul searching, murder, mystery, love, faith all rolled into one - Early on we discover an injustice dealt to Shannon - that she doesn't realise until a chance meeting at the Mustang Makeover pre-event, when her small daughter meets another identical looking girl - with the same birthday & place of birth. The girls widowed father, Jack, also notices, and off we go on quite the adventu ...more
Andrea
Aug 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: ALL! It was great!
Recommended to Andrea by: Thomas Nelson Book Blogger group
I read Lonestar Secrets by Colleen Coble as a member of the Thomas Nelson Book Review Blogger group.
Shannon Astor returns to her childhood home where secrets long buried start coming to light. Shannon finds herself caught in the middle of these secrets which place her life in danger.

This book was great. It had suspense, intrigue, romance, and held my attention throughout. There were a few parts of the book that were a bit far fetched, but the twists and turns were entertaining. Even though it
Susan
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a very good story of people who make the best of a very difficult situation. It is about loving someone (their children) more than themselves and being willing to sacrifice for them. It is also about choosing to love and make a happy place. Both parties chose to do so and that is why it worked.

The mystery is there but does not take over the entire story.

I recommend this CLEAN romance to almost anyone.
Holly
Jan 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Another EXCELLENT story by Colleen Coble!
TheModestMillennial
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love and hate how Colleen Coble keeps me guessing in all of her books. Getting to know Shannon, Kylie, Jack, and Faith was a fun adventure. I so enjoyed getting to see how Shannon learns from her mistakes and grows into a better woman throughout the story, and Jack (despite a minor infraction) is easy to fall for. Colleen is a really talented writer who succeeds in pieces that capture all of your focus and are very difficult to put down.

I'm excited to spend some more time in this beautiful pla
Lori
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story! Five years ago Shannon had twin girls and was told one had died. As soon as she was able to leave the hospital with the surviving twin, she left town swearing she was never looking back. After putting herself through vet school she get's offered a job back in her hometown, the place she swore never to return. As soon as she returns, secrets start to unfold and someone seems to be trying to harass her. Her only hope is to marry her high school nemesis, Jack MacGowan. A great story ab ...more
Laura Beth
Feb 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017-read
Ok, I did not all of this one. Most will enjoy this book, but I do not like book with "secrets" that should have been resolved with one good conversation. I then skipped to the end where they had had the talk and were working on the conclusion to the book. Coble is a good writer and I love parts of what she does, but this is not the book for me.
Gwen Hopkins
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is another exciting story in this Lonestar series.

I love horses. So this story and unbelievable relationship between the girl and the horse was wonderful. The twist and turns of the stories are always exciting.
Janet Merrell
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
Really enjoyed this and could hardly put it down. I loved Jack and Shannon and their little family. The way Coble writes does keep me turning pages, but I don't think I can consider it 5 star due to the unrealistic situations. Still entertaining.
Elke
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
I give this one 2.5 stars. This one started out really bad but managed to improve half way through. Still felt like “I’m never getting this time back”
Lacey Privette
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read for any age group.

Very well written. Keeps you turning the page to reveal the mystery, that I hadn't a clue, which is unusual.
Schuyler
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
A heart-warming yet unexpected mixture of the classic romantic battle over trust and a unique mystery. A good easy read for any day.
Della Raines
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Secrets slowly revealed

When an unwed mother has identical twins and two families raise them for five years, you won't believe the complications that happens with one bad decision.
Lorraine Shaw
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book.
Phylisha Stone
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A really good story. A corrupt politician a stolen baby twin, a nasty ex and hidden treasure, and a famous stolen race horse that has gone wild. Good story.
Chere Weaver
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another good read from Colleen Coble.
Alicia Lowery
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
Lots of suspense! 4 stars because It just seemed way too much like book one in this series.
Carmen
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cohoe is such a master story weaver. You can’t help but be mesmerized by her characters and their journeys.
Delynn
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book more than the 1st

If you enjoyed the characters in book 1, you'll be happy to know they are in book 2!
Dawn Nelson
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Lovable characters and the storyline kept me engaged. Couldn't put it down at times. Looking forward to more!
Danielle
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wishlist
Great book. Loved jewels story line. Very good second book to the series.
Hannah Avery
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novels
Love Colleen Coble's books!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Expect the Sunrise (Team Hope, #3)
  • The Bride Backfire (Prairie Promises, #2)
  • The Trouble with Cowboys (A Big Sky Romance, #3)
  • Calico Canyon (Lassoed in Texas, #2)
  • Digitalis (Discarded Heroes #2)
  • Beguiled
  • Whispers of Moonlight (Rocky Mountain Memories, #2)
  • Deadly Pursuit (Guardians of Justice, #2)
  • Snow Angel
USAToday bestselling author Colleen Coble lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana. She is the author of dozens of novels including the Rock Harbor Series, the Aloha Reef Series, the Mercy Falls Series, the Hope Beach Series, the Lonestar Series and two Women of Faith fiction selections, Alaska Twilight and Midnight Sea. She has more than 2 million books in print.

Lonestar (4 books)
  • Lonestar Sanctuary (Lonestar, #1)
  • Lonestar Homecoming (Lonestar, #3)
  • Lonestar Angel (Lonestar, #4)
“We don't all have to be in the limelight to be reaching our potential,' Jack said, keeping his voice even. 'There's something to be said for raising a family and being part of my community.” 3 likes
“There is never any certainty of the unseen. We hope. That's what we do as Christians, and that's what I do with unicorns. Maybe like C. S. Lewis's jewel, that glimpse of a unicorn I sometimes see is a glimpse of Jesus.” 1 likes