Start by marking “Survival Sandstorm: The Journey that Changed the Course of World War II” as Want to Read:
Survival Sandstorm: The Journey that Changed the Course of World War II

Survival Sandstorm: The Journey that Changed the Course of World War II

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  29 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Aboard the plane that battles the devilish storm over the great Sahara are three hostages from Nazi Germany, three hostages who can change the course of World War II if they reach their destination.
Can Ivsker Vodkech, the best pilot in the Soviet Union, battle against all odds to deliver the three hostages into allied hands? Can he uncover the horrific organisation operati
Published December 15th 2017 by Quignog

To ask other readers questions about Survival Sandstorm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Survival Sandstorm

Sumit RK
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a free copy the copy from the author for an honest review.

As a reader, I have always loved reading history and historical fiction. I had not read many stories set in Africa during the World War 2. So it was something I was looking forward to reading.

Survival Sandstorm is a historical fiction set against the backdrop of World War II. It is a story of Ivsker Vodkech, a pilot in Soviet Air force tasked with the mission of delivering 3 hostages to the allies, three hostages who can cha
Vishnu Chevli
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
If a 12-year boy can write this book then adult authors should seriously think about upgrading their skills. Frankly speaking, odd-looking cover, minimalistic blurb and 12-year-old author, I actually made bet on my gut feeling while selecting the book. And I was lucky to get this amazing story in my collection.

The story starts with 3 Soviet soldiers and 3 Nazi hostages. Ivsker soviet soldier was a lucky pilot who had survived 2 deadliest accidents earlier. He was selected for a top secret missio
Aakanksha
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
The main character of this story is Ivsker Vodkech, a Soviet pilot in his late 20's or early 30's. He is the youngest fighter pilot in Soviet history and a patriotic. He survives two plane crashes, and now he goes on a next deadliest and most important quest.

Ivsker Vodkech with two other Soviet soldiers Nimitz and Jason fly over Sahara desert. They were taking three top most important hostages with them. The hostages have some information which can change the course of World War II. But tragedy
Asha Seth
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Originally reviewed on www.themusingquill.com

The Plot:

A Soviet Air Force Pilot, Ivsker Vodkech, has a job up his sleeve to deliver German hostages into allied hands at a British Unit in Ghana, South Africa. But they meet a catastrophic sandstorm and what follows after their spacecraft crashes in Sahara desert could endanger the secret mission.

The Review:

What I liked:

To begin with beginnings, I would like to speak about the cover. It is this crucial aspect of the book that attracted me more t
Fuzaila ~ is on hiatus
I received a free copy of this book in exchange of an honest review.

WOW. I’m impressed.

I mean, how much would you expect from a book written by a 14-year old? Not much, I agree. As a 14 yo, I did nothing but watch soaps and quarrel with my siblings. I know, priorities  \_(ツ)_/

This book is a historical fiction. Let me tell you this - Jangir knows his history and technology. Besides, this book was written way better than many other Indian books I know. Now that’s some serious praise.

Survival Sand
Khyati Gautam
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am someone who is totally into history. I am always fascinated by how the history unfolds itself in the books as it transcends the boundaries of time. Our present heavily depends upon the history.

The young prodigious author, Mehul Jangir, went beyond his age and penned down the Survival Sandstorm. The book is written in a lucid language with all the right inputs and that made me think about the World War 2 from a different perspective.

The gory details of Ivsker subjected to torture by a woma
peachygirl
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Received a free copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Unfuckingbelievable.
As a 12 year old I could barely write an essay, whereas Mehul Jangir has written an amazing historic fiction which would make grown up writers jealous.
The pace of the story is so swift and every chapter was packed with action. I really loved the different POVs narration. Some of the incidents involving Ivsker's torture and the killing of the hostages made me sick. The narrative was that potent!
Can't wait
Shalini
Aug 17, 2018 rated it liked it
The story went thus 1 Soviet pilot, 2 Soviet soldiers, and 3 German hostages in a small plane traveling across Sahara to reach the British facility in Ghana, when suddenly the plane crashed in the desert, one hostage escaped, one soldier and one hostage died, and then there were 3!! Captured to be sold as slaves, the 3 went through various upheavals in the desert till they reached Brazil.

This was a fictional thriller based on historical events of World War II. I liked the way author Mehul has am
Vignesh Kumar
Aug 30, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars...

I received the copy from the author for an honest review.

I finished this book in one sitting. I was very astonished when I saw that the author is a 14-year old teenager. I was even more astonished when the plot was about a World War II story. Mehul Jangir has done an excellent work with the details that revolve around the war. The story is about a Soviet pilot, Ivsker Vodkech, who should deliver three German hostages to the Allied forces in Africa. But they face a huge sandstorm and
Shweta Panda
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about three soldiers from the Allied forces and their three hostages. The pilot was Ivsker Vodkech, the youngest pilot in the Soviet Air Forces. But he was quiet capable of withstanding and controlling planes in severe weather. But not this time. The sandstorms of Sahara causes the crash of their plane. He says, "The plane I was flying was the same grey as the clouds we were heading towards." This is very symbolic as they were not only heading towards grey clouds but a dark future a ...more
Mayank Agarwal
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
Brilliant work considering it’s written by a 12 years old kid, although strictly meant for Children, considering the age the author.

Book provided by the Author’s Team in exchange for an honest review.

When I was offered to review a book written by a 12-year-old, despite the fact that I didn’t have much expectation from it, I gave it a shot. I was intrigued by what a 12-year-old could produce, also on seeing so many great reviews and the page count of the book at being only 175 pages, I knew it w
Geeta Thakkar
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
History has always been one of my favorite subjects since I was a kid. One of the first historical book that I read in school and which really got me into reading was Mein Kampf. Since then World Wars and Wars in general always intrigued me. 📖📖📖📖📖
Survival Sandstorm is of the best historical fiction that I have read in a while. The author of this book Mehul, at the age of fourteen has written this masterpiece. I just can't wait to read more of his work.
The writing style is very different. Every
Anuradha Gupta
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Which is the youngest author one can read and go all praises? 20 years? 25 years maybe? Nah, the youngest author whose work I was offered to review was a 12 year old at the time of writing the book, now 14 years at the time of publication, and I can’t stop myself from saying that this teenager is one of those authors, whose work I will always look forward to.
Survival Sandstorm by Mehul Jangir is a story of survival and perseverance. Set during the second world war, the story follows the journey
Kanwarpal Singh
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This novel is a great piece of work by writer an excellent piece historical fiction and what a plot, perfect moments and practices of war are shown , plot is really well written and pace was good and point are falling into the story that thing doesn't lead to dullness to enter the book and spoil it plus the love for country and proud of country to be not to loose hope we ran when perfect moment strike like it happens for them to ran away they got one opportunity they ran and hide to a secret pla ...more
Suraj Laxminarayanan
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mehul who has written this book at an unbelievably young age of 12 has done an incredible job of writing.
His command over language is remarkable starting with sentence formation, choice of words and creation of imagery through those words.
I liked the approach of using more than one narrator which shows his courage to deviate from the conventions of writing. I particularly liked the establishment of a pattern where the characters are introduced in the previous chapter ending with the mention of t
Anagha  TK
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
It did not take me long to realise that this historical fiction novel was right up my alley. The first words that I read on the cover of this book were "The journey that changed the course of World War II". Soon, I was eagerly flipping through the pages of the book to see whether the plot line lives up to the promising first sentence.

Another thing that I noted about the cover was that it is made to look like a history journal rather than novel.

Before discussing the plot line, a fact about this
Roma
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Summary:

The story is about 3 soldiers and 3 hostages being taken to allied hands during the course of World War II. The journey through the Sahara Desert forms the crux of the book. It is the first book in the series.

My Take:

I was offered this book to read and review and what caught my attention was the age of the author. I immediately accepted coz I was curious on how a 14 year old chose this very unusual topic and narrated the story. I was in for a pleasant delight.

The story is narrated in fir
Krutika Puranik
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dibyendu Singha Roy
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very Nice book,
Everybody talking about the age of the author but for me, I did not feel that the book is written by a 14 years old boy. Very matured writing. Simple English used to write this book.
Thrilling content , Once you enter into the book it will be hard for you to put it down before finishing.
But the book ended in a hurry.
Anupma Solanki
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Proficiency in writing and perfection in each word. Naration and perspective of each character is unforseen. Precision is explaining the times of history proves the level of fictional history being used in tailoring of this book. This adventurous journey kept me glued to it from the 1st chapter itself. The placing of thrill in each circumstance is not to be missed. If you are looking for mastered writing, thrill in story and suspense with each phase you read. this is the book to go for. Especial ...more
Sriti Patra
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Survival Sandstorm is a very precise story of the author’s perspective of how a series of events changed the course of the historic- world war two. The author has very carefully and cautiously outlined the story. The story starts with an appropriate prologue with a scene in the disarmament conference dated back to 1933. The timeline and the geography through which the story progresses have been very patiently setup and well researched. I as a reader was not aware of a few facts and have cross-ch ...more
Shrikanth Venne
Nov 16, 2018 rated it liked it
First of all thanks to Mehul for sending me the book for free for a honest review. I would have given 2 stars to the book one extra star only for the author for being 12 years old and giving a tough time to grown up and well known authors. Coming to the story its about Russian military in 1930's taking 3 hostages to allied nation which can change the course of the world war 2. Story starts with 3 Soviet military men and 3 hostages traveling by a bomber aircraft crashes in the Sahara desert and t ...more
Sudhir Jangir
Aug 06, 2018
Etisha Jain
Aug 13, 2018
Utkarsh Panwar
Oct 11, 2018
Mehul Jangir
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-book