Start by marking “Stalker” as Want to Read:
Stalker

Stalker

Someone is always watching…

Derek Flint is a loner. He lives with his mother and spends his
evenings watching his clients on the CCTV cameras he has installed inside their homes. He likes their companionship – even if it’s through a screen.

When a series of crimes hits Derek’s neighbourhood, DC Beth Mayes begins to suspect he’s involved. How does he know so much about the v

Published June 14th 2018 by Avon (first published June 4th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Stalker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stalker

Sarah Joint
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yikes! This one might have you putting some tape over your webcam. If it's not already there. Or maybe you'll start thinking a bit more about your home security...

Stalking has changed with the times. Now someone doesn't have to follow you to memorize your habits, note when you come and go. They need only to hack into something of yours online, and they can find out more than you'd think just from your social media presence. This isn't necessary for Derek Flint. He's professional and capable. He
Linda Strong

After reading this book, I eyeballed my computer very, very carefully.

Derek Flint sells and installs computer security systems. Then he goes home, and watches from afar. He has their passwords, so it's no problem for him to log in, and watch what's going on. These homes are like the family he doesn't have. He feels it's his responsibility to look out after all of them.....

Like the woman cheating on her husband. Derek sends an auto-message to her husband and he rushes home to find his wife dallyi
Shirley Revill
If you want to read a book that will set your heart racing then this is the book for you.
Forget Frankenstein, vampires and things that go bump in the night for me it's more the real fears that could happen like being stalked,murdered or being watched which I find really creepy.

Derek Flint has no friends and has always lived at home with his elderly mother.
Every day he goes to work at the business he runs installing home security but only for the customers he approves of and wishes to help.
Derek
Michelle
Sep 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: edelweiss-arc-s
I can't lie. This book was dreadful.

Two words I can use to describe it: Predictable. Boring.

A lot of computer "tech talk" which basically sends me into a coma.

I knew the "who" from the very beginning. Like, seriously, within the first few chapters. I read to 48% and then skimmed to the end to see if I was correct and I was. I have really shitty detective skills so that should tell you just how simple this story is. No one is more disappointed than me to say that.

Thanks to Edelweiss and Avon
Amanda
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have never read anything written by Lisa Stone before so I was delighted to read this in exchange for a review on netgalley.

They say you should never judge a book by its cover, I have discovered the same about titles, the “Stalker” led me to believe it would be about somebody following someone around, so I was pleasantly surprised that it was more technical than that. Derek flint a loner who lives at home with his mother, runs a security business installing alarms and CCTV actually watches hi
Lou
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I admit, with the title 'Stalker', this was not what I was actually expecting. That being said, the technological aspect suited me to a T - I love a good technothriller! We all usually assume that stalking means following by physical means but it can be through a computer, with all of the technological advances we have made. like it is here.

So, now we have established that this is cyber stalking, lets talk about everything else. The style and pace of writing is good, character devlopment is als
Mandy White
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
Stalker by Lisa Stone, an addictive read. Once the story got going I couldn't put it down. An original story with some dark and disturbing themes.... really enjoyed it.

It is the story of a sad, lonely man called Derek Flint. He is in his 40's, lives at home with his mum and has no friends. He runs a home security company, he installs the systems and then watches his customers at home. When a spate of crimes occur involving his customers homes The police start to suspect that Derek has something
Bam
Derek Flint is a loner, a forty-one-year-old man still living with his mother, a computer geek. "He had to admit he often felt more relaxed and in tune with computers than he did with people. You knew where you stood with them."

He runs a home security business, then at night in the privacy of his bedroom, he keeps an eye on his clients, who he thinks of as his online family.

But when bad things start happening to his clients, the police start connecting the dots, realizing that the one thing th
Ken
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy stories that focuses on every day items that could turn into a negative impact on someone’s life.

This crime novel takes the basic premise of various people installing a CCTV security system in their homes, whilst unbeknown to them loner Derek Flint spies on he’s clients once the system is operational.

Derek still living at home with he’s mother is a fascinating complex character that is so well written. Even though a spate of serious crimes that seem to link him as the perpetrator,
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
For anyone who isn’t aware by now the wonderful Cathy Glass, who writes the heartbreaking true stories of her time as a foster carer, now also writes under the pen name Lisa Stone. I have to say having now read both of her books in the psychological thrillers genre, she is really making a name for herself and proves that she writes just as well in fiction.

As soon as we meet Derek, we know that something isn’t quite right. Someone offering and fitting home security services, you would expect them
Eva
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve come to the conclusion that sometimes the most realistic scenarios are the scariest to read about. Especially when it involves modern technology we all just take for granted. Maybe there’s something to be said about living like a hermit in the middle of nowhere, off the grid, offline and unplugged.

You’d think you’re keeping yourself and your family safe when you install an alarm system and camera’s, don’t you? Derek Flint runs a home security firm and he takes the safety of his clients very
michelle
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is second book of Lisa Stone I have read and I thought this book was so much better than the previous one. I really enjoyed this book I will look out for more books of this author in the future.
We meet Derek Flint who is a loner, that lives with his mother. He also owns Home Security Services which installs CCTV security systems. Derek is very serious about his job and takes pride in what he does. You can say he takes his work home with him. He logs into the cameras at home on his PC and wa
Rosemary Standeven
I was supposed to be busy – too busy to read this book, but it would not let me go. Just another page, another chapter … oops, book read and no work done.
The story was enthralling – literally enthralling! It has been quite a while since I was this obsessed with getting to the end of a book. I can’t put my finger on it – the story-line is good: serial (seemingly unconnected) crime events in a small town; realistic police procedures leading to initial incorrect assumptions of guilt; more focussed
Mark
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

‘Stalker’ by Lisa Stone published by Avon Books and out now

Hey, there has been an explosion of books this year re Stalking, a lot of books have the word in their blurb or have a character who is involved in it or being the victim of it and its a popular subject to write ( and read ) about.....I wondered then when I saw this book with its no ‘compromise on the subject title’ ( Stalker means stalker doesnt it and thats that, no room to manoeuvre on that title ) just what new aspect it could bring.
Lisa Houston
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meet derek who installs CCTV for a living. But he's not your average installer. He picks and chooses who gets it, he then watches the families from home. Sounds great, think a bit of us all would love to spy on someone in this way. He has some amazing set up at home watching many different families at once. But you just know life cannot go on like this. What happens if he gets caught? Will one of the families find out and come after him? You will have to read on and see. The storyline was great. ...more
Jayasree B
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-kindle-lib
Stalker is one of those few crime thrillers that will make you want to check up on yourself. While a horror may make you want to check underneath your bed or in the closet, Stalker will make you check and recheck your online security and change your passwords.

For the entire review, visit Frost At Midnite.
Annette
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great read, a stalker who watches your every move through cameras that he has installed in your house to keep you safe, it's certainly believable and with the technology advancing at such a pace I suppose it could happen. Derek was a bit of a sad individual with no real friends, he lived with his mother but they didn't get on, his only pleasure was watching the screens in his bedroom, but when events turn sinister Derek is under suspicion of more than just watching.
Dash fan
4☆ A Creepy Twist on Stalking!

STALKER is a very creepy and eerie read, that felt a little too like a reality at times.

When you think of stalking people you think of being followed.
Well in this book we get a whole new look into the dark world of Stalking via technology. But not just any technology..... people's home security systems.

Ok so your probably thinking yeah that's right some security teams watch cameras.
But not Derek Flint!!
He entrusted his community with his security cameras in their h
lovebooks
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beard! You never know who I’d watching you. Stalker is a great read. Very suspenseful Once I started it I couldn’t put it down

Wendy
Jun 02, 2018 rated it liked it
*** Actual Rating 3.5 / 5 ***

Derek Flint has high professional standards, which would be considered a great asset for someone who installs CCTV security systems. His courteous and prompt service differs vastly from his competitors. Sadly, so does his moral compass.

With cringe-worthy contentment Derek dutifully ‘looks out’ for the well-being of his customers by viewing them on their brand new cameras. The problem is that’s not a service they signed up for.

His behaviour is creepily unacceptable
Abigail T
Than you to Negallery and the author for a copy of this book.
I was excited about this story and the idea that someone was watching through your cctv system, a really creepy thriller. I was disappointed. By the 50% mark it was becoming quite a chore to read. The ‘twist’ is completely transparent and there is chapter after chapter filled with unnecessary packing.
Completely forgettable I’m afraid 😟
Kate Ellis
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cathy Glass writing as Lisa Stone. If I could give this more than 5 stars I definitely would. I was hooked from the beginning. A completely gripping thriller which I found difficult to put down. Highly recommend. #NetGalley #Stalker
Eve
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
STALKER is a completely realistic, gripping, creepy and engrossing read. Thankfully its not disgustingly violent nor gruesome. But its one of those stories that will make you sit up, think and be more careful when it comes to your computers, passwords, security and people you can trust.
Usually we expect that stalking means of being physically followed but with all of the technological advances we got, stalkers can have more easier access to your life and home. You can loose your privacy and you
Jae
This was very good. The British English was such a nice fresh air. The pace was a bit slow but I enjoyed this very much.

Won't be my last LS.
Sharon
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-copy
Derek Flint is a middle-aged loner who lives at home with his Mother.
By day, he installs top notch security systems for clients. By night, he watches those clients on monitors in his bedroom while eating reheated microwave dinners.
When a number of his clients are the victims in a series of crimes, Derek doesn't think much of it - but when it continues, he begins to wonder if he's not the only one watching them. Is someone watching him?

I had no intention of sitting down to read this yesterday,
Jacqueline Murphy
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Derek Flint is a loner who lives with his mother, has no friends to speak of and spends his leisure time watching his clients, creepy, yes you would think so, he installs CCTV for a living but is very picky with his choice of clients, he feels he is their protector but things take a turn for the worse when so many of his clients are targeted, this book is full of twists and turns, will Derek be found out!!! It touches on the dark web which lets be honest, we all know exists but what else do we k ...more
Julie Lacey
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book and really felt sorry for Derek.
Admittedly what he’s doing is wrong - installing security systems in people’s homes, then ‘monitoring’ them. But he’s doing it because he thinks he’s looking out for them and trying to keep them safe.
The Police soon learn of Derek’s business when it’s linked to a number of break ins and more serious crimes. He’s taken in for questioning but he really can’t understand what he’s done wrong.
It then becomes clear that something else is happ
Mary Thomas
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley for my copy. 3.5*

Derek is a loner who lives with his Mother. He owns a security installation company and chooses his clients carefully. The clients unwittingly become part of his family as he spends his nights watching them through their cctv. Things start to unravel for Derek when several of his clients become victims of crime.

This was a realistic and tense thriller with creepy undertones. With the stalker becoming the stalked and the portrayal of the Dark Web was interestin
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
I really enjoyed this book.

Cathy Glass writing as Lisa Stone, I really didn't know what to expect I have read many of Cathy's books and this is so different but really good story.
It was gripping from the start. A thriller that I found hard to put down to put down. This is my first book from this author under this name so I will be checking out her other one soon.
julianne
Derek Flint installs security systems in his clients homes, he also spends hours watching his 'family' via his computers.

A good thriller, slightly predictable. I was able to guess the twist before it was revealed though.

I will look for more by this author.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publishers for allowing me to read an ARC in return for an honest and unbiased review.
  • Game Players
  • Take Me Down (Riggs Brothers, #2)
  • Risking Trust (Private Protectors, #1)
  • One Enchanted Evening
  • The Key to Death's Door
  • Lifting the Veil (Veil/Dixon Security #1)
  • Sharpshooter (Shadow Agents, #3)
  • Texas Tall
  • The Placebo Effect (Junction Chronicles #1)
  • Claiming Her
  • Only Fear (Mindhunters, #1)
  • The Last Renegade (Bitter Springs #1)
  • Honor (Brazen Bulls MC, #5)
  • Tempted into Danger (ICE: Black Ops Defenders #1)
  • Taking Heart
  • Taming a Highland Devil
  • Off the Edge (The Associates, #2)
  • Taken to the Edge (The Guardian Angelinos, #0.5)
As a writer of suspense thrillers I often ask myself what if? What if this happened instead of that? Or why a particular person reacted as they did. So often fact is stranger than fiction and these books start with a fact which I develop. You may be surprised to know, for example, just how many patients experience changes in their likes and dislikes after a transplant operation ~ The Darkness With ...more