Start by marking “Jack & Coke” as Want to Read:
Jack & Coke

Jack & Coke

Jack Ranger is a young journalist ready to set the world on fire.
As a freshly-minted college graduate he follows an enigmatic mentor on a quest to expose the corrupt governor of Massachusetts. But society’s institutions have a way of keeping themselves in power and Jack finds himself enveloped in conspiracy and sabotage that threatens to silence both the truth and his
Published June 5th 2018 by Morgan James Fiction

To ask other readers questions about Jack & Coke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jack & Coke

Start your review of Jack & Coke
Jeanne Walcek
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An entertaining read! Im looking forward to finding out more about where Jack takes us from here!
Scott Wegener
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A really fun book and even more impressive for it being the author's debut novel. Haight wastes no time diving into the action and it makes for a fast-paced, enjoyable read. The chapters are quick and the structure of the story always leave you interested to find out what's going to happen next. The characters are well-developed and I found it easy to picture the characters and scenes as I read. This book could make for a fun movie too. I highly recommend and look forward to the possibility of a ...more
Sally Platt
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great debut novel! Really fast paced, I found it hard to put down. Really speaks to a lot of the trials and frustrations that I think are unique to the millennial generation. I found it very relatable, definitely a good book to take on Spring break.
Matt
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Jack & Coke isn’t bad for a debut novel. Amidst the political intrigue (of which could have gone a little further) there are hints of a great central character. One that I wouldn’t mind revisiting when he’s a couple years older and a couple years wiser. Parts of the story seem to be directly inspired by the television show Silicon Valley, but it’s not a bad thing. I only wish the pacing was a little tighter and the chapter breaks happened in a more natural way. I look forward to further ...more
Jeremy
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fun and fast read! I enjoyed the multiple veins in the storyline and especially the thread about startup culture...great insight to how it likely really is! I read John Grisham's new book right after this one and was surprised at how SLOW his writing was compared to Haight's.

Also - (spoiler alert), I am currently hunting down my Mark McGuire rookie card!
Sarah Tapp
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great debut for first time novelist, Jimmy Haight. The book is fast paced and difficult to put down, I read it in a day and a half! It really speaks to the ways media effects so many things in our lives and how the ways they do that are starting to change.
Grace Karon
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Looking forward to hearing more from the gang at Flint Media- and from talented first time author Jimmy Haight!
Samantha Mayer
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic debut! This was a great read from start to finish. I brought it on vacation and found myself wrapped in the story from cover to cover! I truly enjoyed reading this and felt as if I knew the characters because they were so relatable and well-described. Highly recommended!
Phillip Murrell
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jack and Coke was an outstanding book. I enjoyed it immensely. It surprised me because I usually don’t read literary fiction titles. I much prefer my sci-fi and fantasy, however, the book was recommended to me and I gave it a shot. I’m sure glad that I did. It had me hooked with the first page and it didn’t disappoint four hours later when I turned the last page from a single reading session. I will break down what I liked, disliked, and some technical aspects. Minor spoilers will follow.

The
Stephanie
Feb 18, 2018
Ellen
Apr 16, 2018
Joe Frantel
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book from start to finish. A different writing style than I'm used to, with short chapters and frequent jumps to different locations or parts of the story, but I was hooked from page one. Contained a good number of twists that I did not see coming, and kept me wondering what was going to happen next. Overall, would absolutely recommend to anyone intrigued by business, news, crime, or growing up in today's political climate. Great work, Jimmy!
Casey Greenebaum