Start by marking “Every Wicked Man (The Bowers Files: The New York Years #3)” as Want to Read:
Every Wicked Man (The Bowers Files: The New York Years #3)

Every Wicked Man

(The Bowers Files: The New York Years #3)

A criminal mastermind's chilling terrorist plot forces FBI Special Agent Patrick Bowers to the brink in the latest thriller from bestselling novelist Steven James.

When a senator's son takes his own life and posts the video live online, Agent Bowers is drawn into a complex web of lies that begins to threaten the people he loves the most. As he races to unravel the myster
Published September 4th 2018 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Every Wicked Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Wicked Man

Jasmine from How Useful It Is
I started reading Every Wicked Man on 9/10/2018 and finished it on 9/20/2018. This book is a fantastic read! I jump in straight at book 11 from not reading the previous 10 books (not because I don’t want to but because I didn’t know) and it’s wow! I like that this book starts out with a bang.. a victim found at the bottom of the pool while being live streamed. It sure got my attention and kept me hooked. The characters are all unique and their stories all put me at the edge of my seats! Some par ...more
Cara Putman
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had to read this book slower than I normally would because of life obligations, but it was exactly the rollercoaster, intense ride I've come to expect from the Patrick Bower series. I HATE to see this series end. In this installment, Patrick is newly married and adjusting to life with a stepdaughter as he is also thrust into a mind twisting case. It's intense. Psychological. Lisa Gardner-esque. This is not for those who like a sweet mystery, but man, if you love deep thrillers that keep you gu ...more
Melanie
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, series, fall
Every Wicked Man surpassed my expectations, which were incredibly high, and was a thrilling ride. You may already know this, but the Bowers Files is my favorite series and I have loved all eleven books. When I heard about this new release, I instantly added it to my "must read" list. I heard that this is the final Bowers book, but I'm holding out hope for more someday as I absolutely love these characters and am not ready to say goodbye forever.

The suspense in Every Wicked Man was heart-pounding
Cheryl
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ok, so my mistake as it has been a while since I have read a book from this author. Yet, when I read over my reviews form prior novels and having finishing this book, I can remember why I had a strong, good feelings about the books I read from Mr. James. Patrick Bower is great. He is intelligent with leads to him being quick on his feet and ready for anything. This is a good thing as there is plenty of action to be had in this book.

I was moving from place to place and with different people. Whi
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
There was promise in this story and it all fell apart.

I could get past the peachiness of the book. I am a god fearing christian. And though I can enjoy christian theme'd books, I found this one rammed those points down my throat to the point of notice. I haven't found that as much in previous books.

That point aside, my real problem with the book was the action of two female characters toward the end. I don't mind stupid characters if that is how they were constructed. However, that's not what w
Alexia Chantel
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every Wicked Man blew me away with it's tension, fast pace, and and depth of characters. This book was simply amazing!

Bowers is investigating the death of a senator's son, only it quickly becomes more complicated than a suicide. James brings multiple points of view together in this layered crime. Even the story lines that don't seem to have any affect on the investigation end up crossing into it.

There is so much going on, each character is well written, and the tension and puzzle keeps the pag
Colleen
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good-to-reread
Great prequel to the original series and, best of all, you don't need to have read any of the other books in the series to follow. Edge of your seat action, heart touching moments, mystery and it is resolved by the end of the book. :)
Candy
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this author!! My favorite of all times. I’m sad as I finish this book cause it’s the ending of my favorite series of all time. I wish he would write faster like James Patterson lol. I wonder what is next for this writer and if he had another series as good kicking around in his head. If you love mystery and suspense this is the the author for you. I don’t know if another author I’ve found on par with him. There are others I like and are really good but there is just something about his bo ...more
Kelly Bridgewater
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Steven James is my go-to writer when it comes to suspense novels. He does a fantastic job at creating stories that grip me from page one. With his final addition to the Patrick Bowers' series, Every Wicked Man, this novel is no exception. From the first chapter, it rang true to James' style. I was caught up in the tension and couldn't wait to see Bowers work his magic as he chased the bad guys and saught justice for the wicked. I learned more about Christi and Tessa as they rounded out Bowers' c ...more
OpenBookSociety.com

ISBN 9781101991598
www.stevenjames.net
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Jeanie

Synopsis:

A criminal mastermind’s chilling terrorist plot forces FBI Special Agent Patrick Bowers to the brink in the latest thriller from bestselling novelist Steven James.

When a senator’s son takes his own life and posts the video live online, Agent Bowers is drawn into a complex web of lies that begins to threat
Annabelle
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Higgins
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For the first time, I found myself crying at the end of a Steven James book! Every Wicked Man is the final book in the Bowers files and I am sad to see this series end. Steven James has created one of the best series out there and fans will love the way things come to an end.

Patrick Bowers is called in on a case when a senator’s son commits suicide and the video is shown live online. It turns out this is not the first video shown online like this. As Patrick looks deeper into things, he discover
C.J. Darlington
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
I didn't expect to read this book, but when it arrived on my doorstep I thought, "Oh, I'll just try a chapter or two." I was hooked. I'd read James's The Pawn and knew he was a great wordsmith, but some of the violence had turned me off. I'm not the most sensitive reader around, but I can't handle gratuitous blood and guts or sexual situations. I was pleasantly surprised at how James handled the violence in this book and getting into the mind of some seriously bad dudes. I felt like he was very ...more
Julie Graves
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
This is the first book of the Bowers Files that I have read after The Pawn series, which kind of threw me off a bit. I thought this would be a continuation of Patrick Bowers after The King, but apparently these are prequels to that series. Sigh...I missed Every Crooked Path and Every Deadly Kiss, the first two books in this prequel set. BUT, that being said, I was able to follow the story well and I also was able to enjoy it very much.

In EVERY WICKED MAN Patrick is hunting down whoever is causin
Brittany
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have now read all the books in this series. And this was another winner. Steven James is an excellent writer who weaves a tangled web of mystery quite well, maintaining suspense, adding tasteful humor, giving his characters depth and intelligence, and challenging the reader in all sorts of moral or spiritual dilemmas. I wish we could read more thrillers like this- James proves you can write fantastic, gripping thrillers without adding all the language and sexual trash most authors use that do ...more
Jan Norton
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Steven James is one of my favorite suspense novelists. He does a fantastic job at creating stories that grip me from page one. From the first chapter, I was hooked. I had to read every word. More details in the life of FBI agent, Patrick Bowers. I was caught up in the tension and couldn't wait to see Bowers work his magic as he chased the bad guys and sought justice for the wicked. I learned more about Christi and Tessa as they rounded out Bowers' character. Christi’s death sadden me. I enjoyed ...more
Mike Page
Meh. 2.5 is probably the real rating. I love Stephen James & the Bowers files, but this was probably the worst one I've ever read. Which is disappointing as it was the send off for the series. I'm not sure having a prequel be your finale really works. It surely didn't here.

It's a slog through the middle and then you're just left completely scratching your head over the decisions major characters make, especially the ladies. Some of the plot holes were glaring as well.

It just doesn't rise to
Jon Hembree
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Steven James has become a favorite because of his intense, intricately woven stories. You start out with a handful of seemingly unrelated storylines, and then things start to come together. (It's hard for me to start other crime thrillers because he just does it so well!) I love that he gets us into the minds of all the characters, and it's scary how good he is at bringing us into the villains' minds. James definitely doesn't disappoint with "Every Wicked Man". Loved it. I'm just sad to see the ...more
Brenda S Anderson
Another Page-Turner from Steven James

Part mystery/thriller, part philosophical treatise on life and death and faith, Every Wicked Man is a perfect wrap-up to the Patrick Bowers series. I love a story that's intelligent and challenges me as a reader, one that gets me to think beyond my own little box, one that doesn't dumb-down life. James achieves that in each of the Bowers books. I'm sad to say goodbye to Patrick Bowers and Tessa, but I look forward to reading something new, original from James
Sheila
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Steven James is such an amazing writer, and I know when I pick up one of his books, I am not going to want to stop!! This book had so many twists and turns, I was guessing until the end! The plot had so many layers, had dynamic characters, and had great dialogue; it was so easy to get swept away into the story. I also loved how this book shared more about the faith aspect. There are a couple instances of swearing. Overall, however, it was a well-crafted book that moved me to tears at one point. ...more
Cathy
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I’m so emotional right now. I’ll never read a new Patrick Bowers book again. *cries pathetically* It was amazing—as all his books are. The story line full of exciting twists and turns. The writing and realizations spot on with life and how complicated yet so simple the idea is of an all-powerful, loving God. I will miss Patrick and Tessa. Keeping my fingers crossed for a book about Tessa, so I can step into their world once again. <3
Timothy Dooley
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Didn’t want it to end

I’m so bummed that this is the last Patrick bowers book. It had a great ending and pulled me in and wouldn’t let go like all the Patrick bowers books. I hope the story continues. Maybe a Tessa spin-off or something. I’m not ready to be done with the world of Patrick Bowers. Thanks Steven James for writing such a good series and introducing us to great characters.
Eddie Bryant
Oct 01, 2018 rated it liked it
My least favorite of the Bowers' Files books mostly because of the recurring dialogue between Patrick and Tessa. It was as if the author was prepping for a new series featuring Tessa (YA or not). I hope that is not the case. The storyline was actually pretty good but the segue to Bowers' home life was distracting and slowed down the pace considerably.
Jacqueline Patterson
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Definitely one of James' better works, almost equal to the Bishop. Tight pacing, clever twists, and characters you can't help but love (or hate). The chapters after the climax seemed slightly rushed, and I would have loved for the book to go on a little longer. Other than that, a perfect read for anyone who loves thrillers with heart.
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
#FirstLine ~ "Have the nightmares been getting worse?"

A fast paced, character driven story that had me burning through the pages. I loved that I never knew what was going to happen. But beyond the wonderful story-line and intensity, there was a thought provoking piece to this multi-layered story. It was deep and gripping. A must read.
Nancy
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love all of Steven James' books! This one did not disappoint. A thriller to the last page. I love the relationship that is being grown between Patrick and Tessa. The murder mystery itself is a thrill ride and keeps you guessing all the way through, edge of your seat. Kept me up and putting things off to finish. Wow. I recommend!
Nick Tate
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another GREAT read by Steven Ja.es

I have read every Patrick Bowers novel by James and they are all gripping. The suspense and story in this one is compelling and ties together the story about Pat, Christy and Tessa. It makes me want to start the "CHESS" books again.
Judy
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the Agent Bower books! Hope they keep coming! A senator’s son commits suicide while being taped, the senator says he would never do that. Bower’s sees a reflection of someone there on the video that could have saved the son but didn’t and investigates. Lots of things unravel!
Lacey
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness!

Yea, there's a good action thriller in there, to wrap up a long series of 'em.

But the best part of this series finale is the sweet ending that ties up love, death, hope, and faith. Got me a little teary-eyed!

Love this author!!
ME
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
So sad to see the end of this series, and weird for it to end just as it's beginning. If I had it to do again, I really would read the books in order beginning with the prequels. Just a great series with great characters (except Christie. Can't say I ever "got" her.) I'll miss them!

• Fatal Trust
  • Kill Devil
  • Criss Cross (Holly #1)
  • Nothing to Hide (A Roland March Mystery, #3)
  • Forgotten
  • Vigilante (Dangerous Times, #3)
  • Shattered Image (Chain of Lakes #1)
  • The Corruptible (Ray Quinn #2)
  • Possession
  • Portrait of Vengeance (Gwen Marcey #4)
  • Nick of Time (Bug Man Series #6)
  • A Fragile Hope
  • Pieces of Granite (Coming Home, #0.5)
  • What Matters Most (Texas Gold #4)
  • Still Life in Shadows
  • Hidden Threat (Safe Harbor #2)
  • Friend Me
  • Drawing Fire (Cold Case Justice #1)
Steven James is a national bestselling novelist whose award-winning, pulse-pounding thrillers continue to gain wide critical acclaim and a growing fan base.

After consulting with a former undercover FBI agent and doing extensive research on cybercrimes, Steven wrote his latest thriller, EVERY CROOKED PATH--a taut, twist-filled page turner that is available now wherever books are sold.

If you've nev

The Bowers Files: The New York Years (3 books)
  • Every Crooked Path (The Bowers Files: The New York Years #1)
  • Every Deadly Kiss (The Bowers Files: The New York Years #2)
“God can handle all your needs, mend the heart that hurts and bleeds, give the lonely something true that changes lives and makes them new. Jesus heals the fractured soul, makes it breathe, makes it whole, gives us hope when hope is gone, breaks the darkness, offers dawn, to all who follow, all who dare— the door is open, love is there.” 0 likes