Start by marking “Safe in His Storm (The Perfect Storm Duet #1)” as Want to Read:
Safe in His Storm (The Perfect Storm Duet #1)

Safe in His Storm

(The Perfect Storm Duet #1)

Conflicted. Controlled. Carnal.

In the safety of her little town, Gabi’s used to practicing control.
But silencing nightmares has come at a lonely cost.
In her world, practice hasn’t made perfect—It’s made
Pretend.
Then fate sends an irresistible stranger to her rescue.
Edgy. Commanding. Intimidating. And surely able to see into her very soul..
He’s everything she dreams about..
Published February 13th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Safe in His Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Safe in His Storm

Start your review of Safe in His Storm (The Perfect Storm Duet #1)
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Safe in His Storm by Annalise Delaney is book One in the series called The Perfect Storm Duet. This is the story of Gabrielle Adams and Jake Thornton. This book does end with a small cliffhanger to set you up for the next installment in to their story.
Gabi is always working to get away from her horrific past. Gabi's best friend has taken to fixing her up on blind dates. One one of these dates she ups an leaves only to get into a small accident where she meets Jake. Jake is dealing with his wife
carol
I have finished both Safe in His Storm and second part of same story, Taken by Storm.
It’s a shame these are in two volumes in one way, as I fear most will read the first and not go onto the second through seeing it as a cliffhanger, mild though it is. But then, would they buy a book with so many pages, and probably a high price to go with it...this is the catch 22 scenario of many writers. So series are born, but I would always suggest that cliffhangers are avoided as nothing annoys readers mor
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
This is my first Annalise book and I loved it. Safe in His Storm is a story between Gabi and Jake. It is surrounded by the D/s theme so if that is not your kind of reading don't read this story.

Gabi is a troubled young woman that is living her life to the fullest that she can get without dealing with her past. She is happy letting her past memories staying there and moving forward. When her friends have a wedding that she is in charge of putting together she finds out a little about the D/s life
Britt The Red Hatter Book Blog
Insanely hot with a captivating storyline! Safe In His Storm brought me back to when I first fell in love with romance that has that extra heavy dose of steam. Standing out above many, this book doesn’t just hit you with delicious heat it packs a full emotionally loaded story with characters who steal your heart. Beautifully written, it’s abundantly clear Annalise Delaney fully researched the lifestyle delivering a true to life story in every aspect and showing she truly cares about her characte ...more
Jodie
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Http://jodiesbookreviews.blogspot.com

In Short
- This is a big book which kept my interest throughout.
- Gabi and Jake both have their own history which is luring.
- The chemistry is hot with plenty of sweet and funny scenes too.

In Long
Safe In His Storm is a big book at over 550 pages and I have to admit, I always worry I will lose interest when a book is so big. I needn't had worried about that with this book!

The main characters, Gabi and Jake, both have difficult pasts which are still effecting
Rachel
I loved this book I found it via an online book club on Goodreads and I'm so glad I did. I devoured it in a day!
The writing is so easy to read, it's hot as sin, and the characters are really well written. I literally flew thru this book and when I saw the page count I was shocked that it was so many pages, lol.
I think everyone needs their own Jake!
I like that there's a lot of storyline with the sexy. The sexy is really well written and hot as all get out. I am a sucker for a well written BDSM
Kim Whitehead
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg!! Fantastic story!!
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Also Posted on For The Love of Fictional Worlds

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via Inkslinger PR and the Author as part of the Blog Tour. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are therefore, my own.

Disclaimer:  This the first book in The Perfect Storm Duet; and ends in a slight cliffhanger – which I didn’t know before I picked up the book, so now I am impatient for the conclusion to this duet.

Gabrielle Adams is a woman, content in her seclusion. She has spent he
Kim
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-read
Disappointed with this one - predictable storyline, formulaic (and, in the case of Gabrielle, annoying) characters and not enough BDSM action. Cheap enough to buy but story left as cliffhanger and sequel is priced far higher than I would be willing to pay to see any conclusion to the story - 4/10.
Sassy Southern
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gabrielle Adams is caught in a storm when she dries over a car branch and her car dies. She is rescued by Jake Thornton but after the two share a kiss and Jake pulls away, Gabrielle sneaks out.
Five months later Gabrielle is organzing a wedding involving close friends of her best friends, Sherry and Luc, when her and Jake are brought together.
Jake is into BDSM and for the most part Gabrielle knows nothing about it. As Jake begins to bring Gabrielle into his world will she adapt, or will she stru
Rebecca Austin
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-sassy
This was an interesting read about BDSM and it was almost a beginner’s guide to a certain extent.
This is the first book in the duet and therefore there is more to come.

I knew from the beginning that something bad had happened in Gabrielle’s life, but the book doesn’t tell you right out what happened. There were parts of BDSM that you could tell Gabrielle would adapt easily too but I wondered how she would do with other things and the terminology of some of the items.

Jake honestly cared so much
Katie
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
Safe in His Storm
By Annalise Delaney
5 stars

Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blog

This book was AMAZING! The authors writing was just fantastic, the pace to the story was great and I thought she wrote the BDSM scenes particularly well. I love a story that can elicit so many emo0itons from me and Safe in His Storm definitely did that – I laughed, I cried and a whole host of other emotions along the way. Gabi was one of those characters that you just instantly take to. Her past was so
Amanda
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received the ARC in exchange for a honest review.

I absolutely fell in love with this story! I love Jake so much. I wish he’s my dominant! I feel like Annalise did the BDSM element perfectly and described what the lifestyle is like in the best way. I’m in the lifestyle myself and Annalise did great in depicting what it is that we do. Safe, sane, and consensual is very important. Trust and honesty go hand in hand with that as well. With Gabrielle’s past, I can understand why she would freak out.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I received the ARC in exchange for a honest review.

KGH
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First she brought us Twisted Little Christmas. That was a teaser (a novella) and left me anticipating what was to come. Let me tell you I am not disappointed!!
This new book brings to life a story of two new people while still weaving in my homeboy Devin from the novella.
These books are written in such a way that you love each character, their stories and want more which it seems like we are going to keep getting.
I can Not wait for the next installment, will it be about Gabby & Jake or Devin or
Annette
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Safe in His Storm is AMAZING!! Jake is trying to get over the death of his wife. Gabi has buried a horrific childhood to the point she can't remember some things. This story has me laughing at times and crying at others and is also so hot! There are some shocks that I didn't expect and at the end I might have been yelling at my e-reader wanting the second part to this story!!
Carolyn
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I Loved It!!!

WOW!!! This is a fantastic book! It’s very hot and steamy and you find yourself wondering what these two are going to be doing and where they’ll be doing it. A warning first...it has a cliffhanger ugh! I don’t know how long I have to wait, but I will be reading the rest of this story and anything else this author writes.
Patty
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the Perfect Storm duet.  Introducing us to our main characters Gabrielle (Gabi) Adams and Jake Thornton.   Gabi is a sweet girl, with a dark past she keeps buried.  She enjoys her life in her little town and her secluded home.  Her life is what she wants it to be.  When a night out with friends and a blind date goes wrong, she ends up in an accident, only to be saved by a tall dark and handsome stranger.

Jake an ex-navy seal, has suffered a great loss.  His wife passed a
Kristy Dean
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow just wow

If you are looking for a true feeling of being introduced to the D/S lifestyle then read this book. It's very detailed with feelings, guidelines, and seeing it from a different view. Your heart and head will be in the book 100% and you won't want o put it down. This is a long story broke into 2 parts. You don't feel like a cliffhanger being left high and dry, but more of I can't wait to read more. I am buying book 2 now.
Overview. Gabi was raised from age 16 till now by strangers (Sh
Erin Miller
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book download for an honest review on what I thought about it and let me tell you I loved it. I didn't clean at all today so that I could finish it and now I need the next one so I can see how it plays out! The back story is something you question through the whole thing feeling like you are missing it and then once it comes out you realize it was perfect set up and that it needed to come out at the time it did like in any relationship. These characters feel like they could be re ...more
lynn❤️lynn
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

OH MY HOTNESS HOW I LOVED THIS STORY! Oh how a good BDSM romance gets my blood pumping and my thighs quivering and this story, with one smoldering intense Dom and a sweet and slightly wary submissive made this romance irresistible!

From start to finish, I found myself completely captivated by this story. The romance is seductive, addictive, sweet, compassionate and thrilling while the plot calls to the heart of all of us readers. It has the perfect amount of BDS
Natalie Miernicki
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
First book from this author and now I know I've been missing a whole lot!! Caught in a storm... literally, doesn't stop the actual storm and the story that brews between Gabrielle and Jake in an isolated cabin in the middle of nowhere... both of them fighting internal storms of their own! This book is exceptionally well written it kept me on my toes with a ending that kept me wanting more... it was certainly a roller coaster of emotions that I did not want to put down. I highly anticipate the co ...more
She's a Lip Biter
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Denise Van plew
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Being this is the first time in reading this author, the title pulled me to look further. Everyone wants to feel safe so what in this one will give you that picture. Gabi and Jake will deliver the answers to that and more from this author. This will have a bit different flavor also to how it is acquired. Curiosity will become more as you continue in this one. Each have their own walls but watch how they come down. When you do come through this one you will get a bit of a taste of what is to come ...more
Alicia
Sep 29, 2018 added it
This is my first Annalise Delaney novel. It was a real joy. This is the first in a duo of books. I love the deep characters and the back story that let you get a peak a little at a time. Just like getting to know someone, each character grows on you and makes you like them more and more. The D/S relationship isn't the only story line. While Jake is definitely Dominant, it is just another piece of his character. And while Gabi is a Submissive, she is still strong, opinionated, and able to take ca ...more
Once Upon A Romance  Blog
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gabi and Jake are amazing. This was the first book I have read by Annalise and I loved it. This is a DS type of book so just be prepared. However these two characters really are amazing and their chemistry is off the charts. This book does end in a cliffhanger so get ready for the next book because you are going to go through a storm with both of these books.

Arc was Kindly given in exchange for an honest review.
Kali McQuillen
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-read, 2018-arc
4.5* Gabi has had a traumatic past that she's trying to heal from. She's trying to date but that doesn't seem to be working very well for. Then she meets Jake and they click right from the start.

Jake is also trying to heal from his past, to start letting go of the pain and move on. When he meets Gabi it's a shock to his system. He starts to let her in, she starts to let him in but what happens when it's too much? What if it isn't enough?

I loved the way Jake was patient with Gabi, he knew she ne
Spunky N Sassy
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Sexy, dark and breathtaking. I loved this book.
JoLinda
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this first book in a duet! The characters are fantastic. The journey that you can't help but get pulled into. Jake is such a strong alpha man who is dealing with a huge loss. And you soon realize that Gabi is even stronger when you start seeing what she has come through in her childhood. I can not wait to see how Annalise Delaney brings these characters through the childhood/life they have been dealt. I had to make myself put this book down so I could get at least a couple of hours of sl ...more

• I Will Not Beg (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #6)
  • Drop Dead Dirty
  • Can't Text This (Texting, #3)
  • The Fallen: Genesis (Deadly Virtues, #0.5)
  • Poison
  • No Safeword
  • Burning Offer (Trevor's Harem, #1)
  • Raphael (Deadly Virtues, #1)
  • Wrapped in Red (By Chance, #1)
  • Undisclosed Desires (Undisclosed, #1)
  • Talkin' Trash (Bear Bottom Guardians MC, #2)
  • Flame (Men of Inked: Heatwave, #1)
  • Trouble in Hell (Hell Night, #1)
  • Seduce Me (Austin Singles, #1)
  • N9ne: The Tale of Kevin Clearwater (King, #9)
  • Rock Her Long (Rock Her #3)
  • A Calling to Thrall (The Thrall, #0.5)
Annalise is an indie author writing contemporary romance with an erotic edge. Her romance novels are packed with twists and turns, emotional tugs of war, and a plethora of unapologetically dominant men and the women they crave... All tied together with a good dose of suspense, and some deliciously, sinful sex. ;)

Writing sassy stories that kiss and tell...

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/default/e/B

The Perfect Storm Duet (2 books)
  • Taken By Storm (The Perfect Storm Duet #2)

News & Interviews

“Mmmm, I love the way you taste. The sweet way you melt in my mouth.” 1 likes
“I should warn you, I'm a quick study and drip with good luck."

"Well baby, I should warn you. When I get done with you today, you'll be dripping all right, but it won't be with luck.”
1 likes