Start by marking “The Promise of the Sky: A Novelette Set in Rural India” as Want to Read:
The Promise of the Sky: A Novelette Set in Rural India

The Promise of the Sky: A Novelette Set in Rural India

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  4 ratings  ·  2 reviews
The soul of India lives in its villages, declared Mohandas Gandhi. It's time for a hard look at that soul.

Kallu, a brave five-year-old Shudra, is destined to be a change-maker. But when he goes up against the forces of tradition, he gets more than he bargained for. Everyone does.

From the bestselling author of The Insanity Saga fantasy trilogy, a literary novelette set
Published September 8th 2017 by Pippa Rann Books

To ask other readers questions about The Promise of the Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Promise of the Sky

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of The Promise of the Sky: A Novelette Set in Rural India
Jyoti Guptara
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
“The soul of India lives in its villages,” declared Mohandas Gandhi. Gandhi also came from Gujarat, the setting for this story; as does our current Prime Minister (as of writing), Narendra Modi. It’s time we took a long, hard look at that soul...

I was ten years old when we visited family friends in central India who are dedicated to community empowerment through education. The school’s founder had forsaken a lucrative career in engineering to serve people from every background at considerable pe
Gildedpen
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just received an advanced authors copy of this book. This is an amazing story. The author shows the truth of the caste system in Indian as it is today. Very thought provoking and powerful. It was a great story.... Great author. I can't wait for more!
Mr Michael C Lawson
is currently reading it
Apr 25, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: please merge books 2 13 May 12, 2018 03:16PM

• The Elephant Keeper's Daughter
Jyoti Guptara was born with a twin brother on 22.11.88 to a British mother and Indian father, though the family moved from England to Switzerland when he was seven. At eleven, the twins decided to stop writing stories they never finished, and finally complete a whole book. Shortly after becoming probably the youngest-ever writer in The Wall Street Journal, Jyoti dropped out of school to become the ...more

News & Interviews