Start by marking “Luck (The Eventing Series Book 4)” as Want to Read:
Luck (The Eventing Series Book 4)

Luck (The Eventing Series Book 4)

Jules is used to starting over. With her horses, her dreams, and Pete by her side, they're making a new go of eventing life in an unlikely setting. After years of riding for trainers and owners, their isolated little farm feels like a luxury to her. Unfortunately, not everyone in the business agrees that less is more. Jules has never thought of herself as lucky, but now sh ...more
Published January 12th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Luck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luck

Start your review of Luck (The Eventing Series Book 4)
Mary Pagones
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great installment from Reinert, who has done an impressive job in making characters come to life that readers feel a sense of investment in as people. Jules and Pete begin the story pretty much as low as professional horsepeople can sink. They spend the novel attempting to extricate themselves from a hole that a mix of bad choices and fate have dragged them into. It's interesting to see how the Internet and online culture figures into their solution and an important acknowledgement of th ...more
Natalie
Jan 19, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I decided this totally counts towards my book challenge, because I’ve read this book so many times, I barely remember writing it. It has become its own thing.
Nenah
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just finished Luck and was nearly in tears a few times!
Thank you, Natalie, for Jules, Pete, Dynamo, and Mickey. Their little world makes mine just a bit brighter--cant wait to see what's in store for the DreamTeam next!
This fourth installment comes with a side of Jules I've never seen, and one that I enjoy very much. I used to shake my head at her antics; after reading the first of this series, I actually didn't like Jules much at all. In fact, I was pretty sure I would never be on TeamJules.
Carol Lynn
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best so far . .. Looking for #5

It's been a while since I read #3 so I had to figure everyone out, but they all fit into place. Many riders and young trainers will nod in sympathy as Jules struggles through this phase of her life (with Pete) - and dream of the serendipitous result.
Bobbi Pratt
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just wow

What a wonderful addition to the series. I love seeing how the characters change and grow even more. Please continue the ride!!!
Christopher Pennington
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best one yet!

I didn’t think I would fall in Love more with the characters but I did. Great book. I would read again
Kathy
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She’s done it again.

The only problem with starting a Natalie Keller Reinert book is that you eventually have to finish it - a lot sooner than you want to. She’s created characters you become emotionally invested in, and three separate series that dovetail seamlessly. Her experience with and love for horses leaps off the page.
Christine Griffin
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jules Rides Again!

Satisfying newest installation of the life amd Times of Jules The Eventer, with lots of Mac and cheese and fence mending, and only one event.
Leah
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Okay, Luck was an interesting read for me. This was not the Jules I had come to know and have such a love/hate relationship with. Through reading the book I felt like Jules had lost much of the spark that made her Jules. Where was that all encompassing drive that was the thing that made me respect her even through all the temper tantrums, and socially awkward, aggravating things she did? Why did she seem so complacent with sweet little Jim Deer while Pete pushed hard to create a string of top ho ...more
Abeukema
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great series!

I love, love this author! Her books are spectacular. She has amazing horse experience that she integrates in these books effortlessly. You can tell she has a love of horses that supersedes the dollar signs. Every time I see a new release from her I get excited and settle in for a great read. Please, please keep them coming!
Renee Gillette
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Better than the first 3

I find Jules too unlikable for the first three books that it was frustrating to continue ading. Jules has improved and hopefully the over the top set backs can be minimal so that I can read about some real riding in the rest of the series.
Daniel Wade
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Luck Isn't Always What You Expect

The characters and horses in Natalie's writing feel so real, you experience every joyous moment and every heartbreak long after you finish reading. A brilliant and authentic horse experience wrapped up into a.few hundred pages
Dana Probert
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love this series! I hope there are more! I love that I can read the parallel stories of Grace and Alex, too. I wish this one had a tiny bit more technical riding storyline. I enjoy the insights into the reality of making money in the horse business.
Vicki Shuey
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a old crazy horse woman. I had horses most my life. Now I am older

. No horse, just my dog! Reading these books brought back so many wonderful memories. Thank you for the ride,😀
Donna Alderson
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series!
jane c
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really love this series - enjoyed this one maybe a couple spots it dragged a bit but I was happy to roll right into the next one in series !
SHERRY
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I'm looking forward to book 5.
Gina Skjerpe
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Learning Life

I love the reality of the horse business as Jules navigates her way thru the ups and downs of life.
Ghizwiz
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love

Along with being so wonderfully enchanting & entertaining, these books make me want to RIDE. Need these books, please keep on!!! :)
Karen Grove
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The eventing series 4

Very enjoyable continuation of the story line. Looking forward to the next book. Dreams change as we mature. Keep reading
Gail G
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

Jule is becoming a like able adult! But I had to put the book down because I felt so sorry for all their troubles! But there is a happy ending. I can’t wait to find out the next bout of training. So nice to see her find her passion and catch a break.
Jill
DENNIS SHARTZ
Dec 08, 2018
Jenny Snowdon
Mar 27, 2018

• Defining Gravity (Defining Gravity Series Book 1)
  • Riding Above Air: Book Four in the Defining Gravity Series
  • A Matter of Feel (The Dressage Chronicles, #2)
  • Freefall: Book Three in the Defining Gravity Series
  • Flight: Book Two in the Defining Gravity Series
  • On the Sidelines (Full of Running #1)
  • The Right Girl for the Job (The Dressage Chronicles, #3)
  • Victory Pass: A Sequel to Show Time (Stake Night Book 3)
  • Rings of Fire: Book IV of The Dressage Chronicles
  • Loxwood (Loxwood, #1)
  • The Dressage Chronicles (The Dressage Chronicles, #1)
  • Stake Night
  • Show Time: A Sequel to Stake Night
  • The October Horses (The October Horses, #1)
  • Born in the Saddle (Born to Ride Series Book 1)
  • Down The Centre Line
  • Just a Groom (Hearts & Horse Trials, #1)
  • Leg Up: A Sequel to Victory Pass (Stake Night Book 4)
Author of contemporary equestrian fiction and historical romance.

After twenty years of working with countless horses in half-a-dozen disciplines, Natalie Keller Reinert settled down to write about Thoroughbreds. From the short stirrup classes at dusty hunter/jumper shows in Florida to the inner dirt at Aqueduct Racetrack in New York City, it's always been about the Thoroughbreds. Natalie lives in

News & Interviews