Start by marking “Runes and Red Sails (Queenmaker Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Runes and Red Sails (Queenmaker Book 1)

Runes and Red Sails (Queenmaker Book 1)

Dive into the thrilling first novel in the new fantasy adventure epic, the Queenmaker series! Welcome to Heimgard!

Aelfhild always tried to keep her world small. She served the future queen; she did her duty. She kept quiet. But the world had other plans.

When the assassins came for her mistress, there was only one choice: run. Swept into a world of longships and bloodthir

Published December 21st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Runes and Red Sails, please sign up.
Ander Levisay Hi, Noelia! The book doesn't include pirates in the Pirates of the Caribbean sense, but it does include Viking-style raiders and a longship battle at…moreHi, Noelia! The book doesn't include pirates in the Pirates of the Caribbean sense, but it does include Viking-style raiders and a longship battle at sea. I hope this answers your question!(less)

Jennifer Lea
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I won this as a first-reads on Goodreads.com and I must admit, I loved it. I had no doubt that I would. I love all things nautical, all things Viking and all things Scandinavian. Did you say this is part one of a series? You can count me along for the ride. Just like a Viking with his mead at the dinner table, give me more, I say!
Christine Smith
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars—love a book with clever and strong women as well as some unexpected twists! Can’t wait to read the rest of the series!
Lu Rose
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Diving into a world of royaly kings and warriors it starts off very sad with the death of King Osred of Earnfold. The king didn't deicide on which child would be the next king or Queen of Earnfold. His son Osric was casted out once Ceolwen came to the knoweladge of his birth.
After the kings Death with the processional out to the graveyard where the king will lay. Osric approched Aelfhild and tried to get her on his side to be the next King of the land meanwhile Ceolwen has no idea this is going
Petra Wallenmeyer
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
First of all, I want to note that this is a self-published book. These are always risky for me to invest in because the quality of spelling, grammar, and punctuation is not always up to my picky standards. Self-published books that I have read or attempted to read are also very poor quality sometimes, since there may have been no editor involved to help clean up the writing. Now, with that being said...

This book went way above and beyond my expectations. There were no glaring errors in the writi
Matt
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Runes and Red Sails very aptly begins the start to what could be an epic fantasy series. It houses a strong cast of characters, vivid settings and an intriguing story.

I was leaning on giving it a three out of five, but the ending bumped it up.

Now that I know what is possible, I desperately want to see more of the fantastical in the series to follow. I suspect we will. Had we seen more of the draugr, and other fantastical elements earlier, I think I would've finished it much quicker. As it is, m
Al Ford
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have ever given five stars. Even though it started a little slow for my taste, the time spent getting through the first few chapters paid off big time. By the halfway point, I didn’t want to put it down, but the more I read, the more afraid I was that it would end. Not many books do that to me. This storyline was well done, the characters believable and likeable (especially Embla), and the ending was exactly like I wanted it to be. Okay, maybe the thing with Ceolwen was ...more
Sandy
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book with a strong female protagonist venturing out into unknown lands and seas. It’s a fascinating fictional world with characters battling against other regions, Mother Nature, as well as their own fears and doubts. I'm glad this is the first in a series as I can't wait for the next one to come out and the tale to continue!

Beth
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a new series

This book was hard to put down. I love ancient history and I love how he adapted Norse stories and lifestyle to his own world. Thank you for a delightful read!
Donna Bresnak
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i received a kindle cpy of this book for free from goodreads,

loved it. just a fun adventure story with a twist ending which left me wanting to read he next installment. female charaters ae at the heart of the story and I found this refreshing too.
Anji Ison
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I won a free copy of this box so thank you Mr. Levisay!! This book was great, a strong heroine that you can like. I'm excited about book 2 and can't wait to continue with this series!!
Skylar
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book started a bit slow, but ended well and used the Norse setting and people believably.
Indiebrag
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that RUNES AND RED SAILS (Queenmaker Book 1) by Ander Levisay is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells readers that this book is well worth their time and money!
The
Feb 05, 2018
Goodreads Authors...: Free Deal on Amazon 1 16 Dec 24, 2017 12:00PM
  • The Birth of Time: How Astronomers Measure the Age of the Universe
  • King Arthur's Sister in Washington's Court
  • A Prayer for the Necromancer (The Shinigami Tomes, #1)
  • Latency Paradox of Barret Trufflehard
  • Marauder
  • Korolev: How One Man Masterminded the Soviet Drive to Beat America to the Moon
  • The Piketty Problem: or The Robots Are Coming, The Robots Are Coming
  • Make Me No Grave
  • Thief of the Night Guild (Queen of Thieves #2)
  • The Mask of Anonymity
  • The Tabernacle of Legion
  • The Halls of Avienne
  • Deciduous Tales
  • Stockholm Syndrome (Americans Abroad, #3)
  • Interloper (The Askirti Chronicles #1)
  • The Book of the Short Sun: On Blue's Waters/In Green's Jungles/Return to the Whorl
  • American Architectural Restoration: What Tales are Told by the Buildings Around Us
  • Last of Her Kind