Start by marking “Forbidden Love” as Want to Read:

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
It all started with a bet and a little too much weed.

Vanessa never imagined she’d fall into a relationship with the one person she couldn’t, but an apple tastes a lot better when taken from the forbidden tree. Even though loving him might be illegal in some states, even though it strips her morals bare, she can’t stop herself from falling down the rabbit hole, so to speak.
Published April 20th 2018 by Amazon KDP

To ask other readers questions about Forbidden Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forbidden Love

Dianne
They are related through marriage, but their attraction is undeniable. Vanessa and Jace are like two moths drawn to a sexual flame. What makes what they perceive as forbidden love so taboo? Is that the titillation that draws them together?

Mack Black’s FORBIDDEN LOVE had me cringing at the excessive use of weed and alcohol. The overt immaturity of the teen characters was also off-putting, as was their ability to equate flirtation, petting and daring with romantic love and a relationship.

I have c
Snow

I have recieved a COPY of this book as a review request.

I have to be honest, as I always am, whether I loved the story or not, so here it goes - I'm not sure if this is the debut or not, it needs work, work on the writing style, to start with.

I applaud on anyone who is adamant to make his/hers dream come true, no matter the area of expertise BUT to get to that point of expertise, you really need to push it, shove it, drill it to the perfection.

The best way to perfect your own writing style and e
Lamplight Review
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I stumbled upon this little gem by accident. A very HAPPY ACCIDENT!

This is the first story I have read by Mack Black. I had no expectations of her writing and I am easily intrigued in her writing going forward.

Jace and Vanessa are pretty hot together, no lie. Subject matter on Forbidden Love is iffy...ish. Two teens together isn't overtly taboo...mix in some drugs...a little alcohol. The mom in me was cringing. The fact that they were step siblings didn't bother me really. They weren't related a
Cassandra Fear
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So, this book is HOT, as in steaming, sexy, and everything you want in a romance with some added suspense. Mack Black is a talented new writer you need to watch out for. Vanessa and Jace are destined for greatness, and together they will fight for their HEA. Seriously, read this book. You will love it!!
Vickie Beams
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow!!! Vanessa and Jace, it must be true live to survive all this!! You will love this book from the very beginning! It is my first book by Mack,but it won't be the last. A gifted writer that deserves more than 5 stars!
Paula Genereau
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! Mack Black sure rocked this book. Vanessa is in love with a man she knows that no one approves of , but when electricity sparks between her and Jace, she doesn't care.
Candy
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Taboo -
adjective 1. prohibited or restricted by social custom.
"sex was a taboo subject" synonyms: forbidden, prohibited, banned, proscribed, interdicted, outlawed, illegal, illicit, unlawful, restricted, off limits
Taboo is subject to the person reading it and what it means to them.
This was a young adult story to me with taboo mixed in but in two ways.
A young girl falls for her STEP-brother and vice versa. A mom who only wants her son to herself and the extent she goes to.
Vanessa meets Jace he
Book Banshee
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mack Black is a New author whose debut novel was of a genre I don't typically read/review. I always make exceptions for debuting authors because maybe, just maybe, they will write something that will change my mind about that particular trope.
I had to double check a few times to make certain that I was indeed reading Mack Black's first published book because it was written so well with nary any of the commonly found clues that remind me this was a debut. This author writes like she has done this
Mandy
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book.

It had a good start and built on it. I didn't feel that this love is a forbidden love, although some people might, they didn't grow up together and there was no meeting up before Jace moved in.

I think Jace was a pretty sane person after being brought up by such an overbearing parent.

there were some serious twists in this book and it was all the better for them.

This is the first book I have read from this author, and I will be looking out for more because they have a great style
Amanda Campbell
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow. This is my first book by Mack Black. And it was incredible. I went into this book on a blind date, so I didn't know anything about it but I loved it. I normally avoid anything "taboo" since it's not really my style but this book was awesome. It was so well written and I loved the twists that came multiple times throughout the story. Vanessa and Jace were fantastic characters. Mmmmm Jace. He's so complex and not your typically "bad boy" but he's definitely a bad boy which is what made him so ...more
Chrissy
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I almost always enjoy a story about the supposedly inappropriate love between step siblings. This one was especially enjoyable to me because Jace wasn't egotistical or a womanizer. He truly cared for Vanessa and although she may have unintentionally hurt him, he was mature and understanding of her feelings and didn't retaliate to save his ego. He was able to stop and look at the situation from her point of view and understand why she reacted the way she did. They both truly loved each other and ...more
Samantha   Vickery
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
A sweet little forbidden love story that also touches on how the world perceives the young. the situation seemed like something that would and does happen, the amount of sex was a little off the charts for me. overall well written, good characters.
Archer
Sep 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: blind-date, taboo
I felt dirty while reading it, because it was a taboo topic. However it went well, I'm not sad that I read it. And I enjoyed the pace. All in all not bad.
Crystal Jimenez
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
this was a step brother book, a little edgy too.
Mindy
Sep 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Good paced story

Vanessa and Jace became step-siblings when their parents married but sparks flew as soon as they met, but they were "brother and sister" so it was taboo. Although they liked to cuddle and play around nothing more happened until they turned 18 they sneaking around under their parents noses was a little harder. I found the pace and storyline great, romance with suspense and tension. The only draw back I had was all the weed smoking, just didn't feel it added to the story, I know it
Caitlin Audet
My rating: 3.5

I am reviewing Forbidden Love by Mack Black on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blog. This standalone was a first for me to read from this author but it's nice branching out from what I'm already used to. When I came across the blurb my interest was piqued and I was happy to get the opportunity to read this story.

I have mixed feelings about Forbidden Love. On the one hand the scenes were vivid and hot. The lust factor between Vanessa and Jace was off the charts. I love how alph
Tara Bryant
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By Mack Black

“During the night, I could sleep and not even know he wasn’t there, but not during the day. His absence covered every part of my body, leaving nothing behind but holes.”

In a twisted story of lust or love, Jace wants nothing more than to win. When Vanessa enters his life, all he can think of is how he can conquer Vanessa’s body. But when lust turns to love, Vanessa wants nothing more than to be with Jace. But at what cost? Being near each other unleashes so many demons,
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
I am a HUGE fan of this trope, I love anything that has forbidden written all over it -- I'm all over that!!

I love discovering new authors, Ms. Black did exceptionally well for being a debut author. Her blurb to Forbidden Love really won me over and I knew I had to read it.

Books where you know you can't be with the person you want because either they're best friends with either your brother or sister or your mom and his dad are married, etc. These books always get me hooked instantly. The build
Kelly Kemmerly
May 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was granted an ARC for an honest review...
First, let me say that I know what a labor of love writing a book can be and I did enjoy Forbidden Love, but also struggled with some elements within the story. While I see the relevance for some drug reference or recreation I found it a distraction and uncomfortable to read. Probably because I was a substance abuse counselor for youth in the past and saw too many young lives and families torn apart by drugs and alcohol. With this perception set aside
Amanda McCalip
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
First let me start by saying for a debut novel I was extremely impressed! Mack Black did a great job with this book both with writing technique and the story itself. Vanessa and Jace are drawn to each other, but the attraction between them is considered taboo. This is because they are related through marriage.

If weed or alcohol usage bother you, then this book wouldn't be for you. The book has a lot of use of weed and alcohol consumption but it didn't sway my opinion in the story at all. They w
Judie
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
*An ARC was provided in exchange of an honest review*

This read was taboo and hot. Step siblings cross paths in a not family like way but hey, that’s not a sin. It happens. Only reason I gave this read a 4 out of 5 stars was the over the top (I felt) use of alcohol & drugs. But that aside it was a pretty good read for me.
Spunky N Sassy
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Forbidden or taboo romance always captures my attention because of the fact that it is forbidden or taboo. I believe in love and let love. This book was AMAZING!!!
Lesley Williams
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A love that people wouldn’t approve of!
But you can never stop true love!
This is a fantastic read, first time reader for this author but I totally enjoyed it!
A-man-duh
E.H. Main
May 18, 2018
Melissa Travis
Sep 11, 2018
Mack Black lives in FL with the love of her life, three daughters, a son, and two dogs named Thor and Hennessy. Mack grew up with an imagination that made life magic, and her nose was always stuck in a book. The stories, which were so real to her, became an inspiration to do her own storytelling. Mack writes in the New Adult genre, but any love story that makes you warm and tingly all over just do ...more