Start by marking “The Alien Within: Book 2 of The Alien Chronicles” as Want to Read:
The Alien Within: Book 2 of The Alien Chronicles

The Alien Within: Book 2 of The Alien Chronicles

(Alien Chronicles #2)

Rion has a secret that only Zoe knows. If only she could remember. But he won't tell her because, well…who wants to be with a 4000 year old alien? Even if he does look seventeen. When his totally unsuitable guardian, Archimedes, forces him to return to East Valley High, he can't help but hope the bond between them is still there. Will Zoe learn to like the human he has bec ...more
Published December 21st 2017 by Bennett Lane Press

To ask other readers questions about The Alien Within, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Alien Within

Ruth Garlick
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even though The Alien Within by Robin Martin, the second book in The Alien Chronicles, is a high-school drama, I couldn’t help but enjoy it immensely.
Rion has decided to stay human, but chose for Zoe’s memories of him to be removed. He bitterly regrets that decision, and also struggles with being human.
Zoe can still feel a connection to Rion, but can’t remember why. Will her memories ever return to her?
I loved the Australianness of this book, and the fact that it takes place in my home city.
Paige Green
Jun 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Disclaimer: I received this book from Rockstar Book Tours. Thanks! All opinions are my own.

Book Series: The Alien Chronicles Book 2

Rating: 3/5

Diversity: Aliens!

Publication Date: December 21, 2017

Genre: YA Fantasy

Recommended Age: 15+ (love, aliens, and romance)

Publisher: Bennett Lane Press

Pages: 292

Amazon Link

Synopsis: Rion has a secret that only Zoe knows. If only she could remember. But he won't tell her because, well…who wants to be with a 4000 year old alien? Even if he does look seventeen. W
Maya Powell
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.

The Alien Within was written by Robin Martin and published by Bennet Lane Press in 2017.

The sequel to My Alien, a book I also reviewed on this site, is every bit as good as the first book. Archimedes reappears as Rion’s guardian and immediately turns Rion’s world upside down. He begins by taking all memory of Rion away from Zoe, so that Rion won’t get involved with her again, and forces Rion to go b
Darlene
I think I like this book better than the first one. There was a little more sanity and well thought out decisions made. Of course, there was a little teen angst but it seemed the major characters thought with true love and caring for the object of the love.

The author chose to go into the heads of the major characters to give the reader insight into their souls. I think I would have loved this book as a teen. I liked it a lot as an adult.

The ending came far too soon but at the appropriate time. I
Carol Keen
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, ya, adventure, teen, clean
Some sequels or middle of a series books fall short. This one didn't. Rion is stronger than ever before and Zoe is dealing with some major new challenges. It's beyond just school issues, it goes deeper than that. It goes to the core of emotions, humanity, dreams, hopes, and wishes. Critical decisions, clouded issues, new friends, old friends and so much more. I'm really looking forward to more books in this series.

My copy is an ARC. This review is left of my own free will, without compensation,
Kathryn
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
These books are quality quick reads. Though I didn't like this as much as the first one as there was less banter between characters, and it seemed to focus a lot more on apperences, that characters would only focus on how good the person looked e.g Harry. I overlooked it in the first book but it was worse in this one. Also this was a bit more predictable than the first. That said I still couldn't bring myself to rate the book a 3 because I did enjoy it. Nice lighthearted fluff, that may be my gu ...more
Christine Burns
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Okay so who doesn't read two books in one day? Now I have to wait.... Although this left me frustrated on different levels,I really look forward to seeing how the dynamics take place in the third book.

Well worth reading but not quite like the first book. After the last half though it leads me back to wanting to read more. I have to wait now. *sigh*
Stephanie
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-copy, own-it
My Alien was cute and funny. This book was even better! Strong characters throughout and the storyline was great! I am hoping this isn't the last we see of Zoe, Rion, Harry and the gang!

I was gifted an ARC in return of an honest review.
Pos
Melanie Taylor
Nov 24, 2018
John Duhon
Dec 19, 2018
Robin Matin is an author and teacher, who writes both adult and young adult romance. Originally from Canada, she now lives in Brisbane, Australia. Her YA sci fi romance series, The Alien Chronicles includes My Alien, The Alien Within, and Once an Alien.
Her adult books published under the name Robin Thomas, include High Stakes and Bonjour Cherie.

A member of the Romance Writers of Australia and Writ

Alien Chronicles (3 books)
  • My Alien