Start by marking “Jane Anonymous” as Want to Read:
Jane Anonymous

Jane Anonymous

Bestselling author Laurie Faria Stolarz returns with Jane Anonymous, a gripping tale of a seventeen-year-old girl’s kidnapping and her struggle to fit back into her life after she escapes.

Then, “Jane” was just your typical 17-year-old in a typical New England suburb getting ready to start her senior year. She had a part-time job she enjoyed, an awesome best friend,
Expected publication: January 7th 2020 by Wednesday Books

To ask other readers questions about Jane Anonymous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jane Anonymous

Start your review of Jane Anonymous
Nilufer Ozmekik
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five I found a new author who is gifted, brilliant and develops amazing characters, I couldn’t put down this book, disconnected with outside world, stayed focused, jumped up and down at some parts and created a new term as “three dimensional reading”, because every suffering, every traumatic experience, every scared moments, every fight of Jane truly resonated with me stars!!!

The one thing I really like about the books make your emotions all over the place as they shake you to the core and
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This is a weird one for me to review. It was extremely entertaining and gripping, and I definitely feel like it accomplished what it set out to accomplish, but there were times when this felt a little... exploitative to me? I am definitely the odd man out on this one as all of the other reviews of this are glowing, so maybe I went into it with the wrong mindset, but there were definitely times where I felt like handling the topic sensitively took a backseat in favor of entertainment value. And ...more
Tijana
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
ARC provided via Netgalley. I am very thankful, even though I won't be able to walk anywhere alone, after reading it.

This...this was a rough one.
Even though I read and loved some of the author's previous work, I was definitely not ready for Jane Anonymous.
So raw and painful, it made me feel as if a brick was lying on my chest while reading.
At certain parts I even regretted ever starting it.
I was googling if it's possible to get a chip installed in people (me), so they (I) can be tracked if ever
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Pages: 320
Expected publication: January 7th 2020

Fantastic! I loved it!

Jane Anonymous is abducted after stopping at the boutique where she works to pick up her best friends birthday gift that she had forgotten to bring home. The store is closed but the guy looks nice, he is handsome and seems genuine about it being his 1 year anniversary with his girlfriend, so she lets him in. He gets her with chloroform after she turns around to wrap up his gift.

The story is told from the ten months after the
megs_bookrack
This book follows a 17-year old who is kidnapped, held captive for 7-months and then escapes. It's about her returning to her life and processing what has happened to her. This intrigues me. It sounds really dark but also gripping. I cannot wait to get into this!

Thank you so much, Wednesday Books, for the ARC.
I am truly excited for this one!

Cortney LaScola - The Bookworm, Myrtle Beach
4.5 stars rounded up to 5 because I devoured this book in one day. Once I picked it up, I didn't put it back down until I finished it.

Great book!!
Katie B
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't been so emotionally connected to a character in a really long time. It's like I felt everything she felt. The publisher synopsis describes this book as gripping and I agree completely as I started reading the book in the afternoon and was done before I went to bed.

I'm going to keep the synopsis of the book short and simple. Jane Anonymous is a teenager when she is kidnapped. Seven months later she is back living at her house with her parents. So what happened while she was held
Dianne
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Psychological intrigue in a darkly twisted tale of abduction and its aftermath at its disturbing best. Laurie Faria Stolarz’s JANE ANONYMOUS is spellbinding in its raw presentation as we witness one teen’s painful journey to healing the scars of a seven month long abduction.

Will Jane ever find her place in the world again? Will she ever be able to enter a room without the hushed stares or whispered comments? Will she ever feel comfortable in her own skin or in her own judgment? Is it possible
rachel ☾
This was like a Criminal Minds episode... in the fact that it prioritised suspense over its thoughtful exploration of trauma.

Trigger warnings for (view spoiler)
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
“Healing starts the moment we feel heard.”

Have you ever had a moment when picking up a book and just knowing from opening it, that it’s going to be one of those books? Kind of like an instant connection that feels as if it’s coming straight from your soul? I read a lot of books. So many that make me feel sooo many different things and each of them teaching me something different about life or myself. Jane Anonymous is what I like to call a once in a lifetime book—for the sheer ability to attach
Aly
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
This book totally sucked me in and I loved it! It was such a cool premise, a girl who was kidnapped and managed to escape, telling her story. The Then and Now back and forth really broke the story up and made it engaging. Seeing what Jane went through and how hard it would be to adjust was great. I also thought the way her parents, especially her mom, reacted seemed realistic. They tried to understand, but no one really can. Jane's mom just wanted her to get back to her life, but to do
lua
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anaconda
description
This is definitely a polarizing book with a character coming to terms with her trauma. Some readers may encounter frustration from the fact Jane Anonymous can't recover as fast as you'd like her. Although it's nobody's fault except the kidnapper, we have to recognize that extreme conditions lead to extreme coping mechanisms.

How does one return to normal after months of psychological torture? I don't think that there is a way to completely erase what fundamentally changes you. It's now a part
Susan's Reviews
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jane Anonymous is a very brave, strong girl who must somehow learn to trust again. Her old carefree life is gone. She laments that her recent abduction caused so many people, including her parents, grief and turmoil, but she is barely managing to hold on to her own sanity as she battles her fears and trust issues every second of the day.

This is an outstanding novel about abduction, Stockholm syndrome, overcoming self-blame in abuse situations, and finding the right fit when it comes to choosing
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
***Thanks to NetGalley for providing me a complimentary copy of JANE ANONYMOUS by Laurie Faria Stolarz in exchange for my honest review.***

4.5 STARS

As a form of therapy, JANE ANONYMOUS, not her real name, writes about her seven months in captivity and the difficult transition back home.

I enjoy abduction stories and had already preordered JANE ANONYMOUS when I saw the ARC on NetGalley. I couldn’t wait to devour Laurie Faria Stolarz’s story. I immediately knew JANE ANONYMOUS was fresh take on the
Caidyn (SEMI-HIATUS; BW Reviews; he/him/his)
Thanks to Edelweiss and Wednesday Books for an ARC!

CW: kidnapping, Stockholm syndrome, PTSD, panic attack, trauma, guilt, and some self-harm themes

Wow, this book is crazy. Jane Anonymous is the name that the MC gives us so she, well, keeps herself anonymous. She was kidnapped for seven months and she's trying to get back to "normal" after the trauma that she went through.

Lately, I've been reading a lot of books about trauma and trauma treatment so I know more about the subject. And that means,
Rachel Finney
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you so much NetGalley for letting me read Jane Anonymous.

This book, man. There is so much to say. This book was raw and real, with no happily ever after or moments of relief. It handles extremely tough themes such as survivalism, Stockholm Syndrome, suicide and mental health.

While the main character is the crux of the story, her family, friends and even captor are painted so vividly with flaws and strengths. There are times when I had to walk away and take a breath because the pain felt
Stacey Kade
Dec 26, 2018 added it
Shelves: read-2018
Honored to have had the chance to read “Jane” early and oh my gosh, you guys! It is absolutely terrifying and heartbreaking. I LOVED IT! More soon...
Madison
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jane Anonymous is a thriller that explores both the emotional trauma of being kidnapped and surviving captivity and the fallout and struggle and pressure to return to ‘normal’ post escape. It’s a heart wrenching book that made me want to slap the adults in Jane’s life. It’s a story about the power of emotions. It’s a story about fear and trust and starting over.

One morning, while stopping in early at work to grab her best-friend’s birthday present, Jane Anonymous is kidnapped. Shoved into a car
Bookphenomena (Micky)

This was a tense, compelling ride but I am frustrated by the unanswered questions I am left with. Review to come for the blog.
Joanna Bennett
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So captivating and heartbreaking at the same time!

Full Review to Come. (closer to release date)
Andrea Pole
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Jane Anonymous by Laurie Faria Stolarz is a YA novel that is nothing short of a revelation. This is a new author for me, but certainly one who will be on my radar in the future.

This is the story of an abduction, told from the perspective of Jane (not her real name), the abductee, in the timelines of 'then' and 'now'. Journaling her thoughts as a means to deal with the trauma endured, Jane shares with us her richly detailed memories from the point of abduction through her seven months in
Lucy Gardiner (luc_lostinbooks)
Jane, anonymous is a story about a girl called Jane who has recently escaped from being kidnapped and decides to write about her experience as a form of therapy, as actual therapy isn’t working.

I loved this book, It’s written journal style alternating between past during her captivity and present; Jane trying to cope with her life at home with her parents.

As someone who has suffered from panic attacks the way the author described this happening to Jane was so accurate.

Jane clearly is
Kate Grace
Jane Anonymous is part enthralling, part stomach-turning. The YA novel interrogates the effects of trauma through the “self-authored” abduction and captivity narrative of seventeen-year-old Jane.

What I loved about the book...
- Narrative POV. “Dear Reader(s),” begins the prologue; Jane, we learn, has made the decision to write her own story, in light of traditional therapy so far failing her.
- Experimental structure. The novel unfolds in alternating chapters of Then vs. Now.
- Themes, including
Anne
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books that took me by surprise; I was compelled to read it in one sitting as it sucked me in from page one! Seriously, my husband asked, "What's on your plate for the day?" and I held up my kindle...sorry, not sorry. Jane is abducted after returning to her workplace to retrieve a birthday gift for her best friend. She doesn't recognize the assailant and is shocked to wake up and discover she is confined to a small room with all her favorite beauty products and snacks she ...more
sanna ♡
Oct 07, 2019 marked it as unreleased  ·  review of another edition
**********
7 October 2019
I don’t know if I’m interested or just disturbed. I want to read this but it sounds heavy. People have told great things about this so I probably should give it a chance. I just hope I don’t freak out.
Stacy Fetters
"Healing starts the moment we feel heard."

Laurie Faria Stolarz writes a haunting tale of a young woman’s story of survival and the aftermath of her kidnapping. But I can’t help but feel that there was something missing.

This story is told in the past and the present. We know she was kidnapped and we also know that she survived/escaped. The past fills in the gaps of what happened after the kidnapping. The now tells us how she’s coping and dealing with learning the truth.

Jane (not her real name)
Morgan
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s not often that a book can scare me. Inevitably when a book scares me I put it down never to return to it. Jane Anonymous broke this pattern of mine. This YA novel from Laurie Faria Stolarz was disturbing and bone chilling for me as a mother. Yet, from the opening chapter, I couldn’t put it down. Each character’s raw emotion was portrayed so realistically. The story unfolded so naturally and gave realistic varying viewpoints. I had never thought about the aftermath of abduction and the pain ...more
Madelaine Pope
Sahar
Sep 18, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I received this arc courtesy of NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

Jane Anonymous is a book I recommend wholeheartedly, but it's also a book that's intensely dark, so dark that at times one might question whether it really belongs in the YA section. But while the subject matter is something hopefully no teen reading it will go through, in many ways the kidnapping could be a metaphor for any of numerous situations teens face, like depression.

There are a lot of content warnings for this
Sari
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a digital advanced reader copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

God what a book. I haven’t cried this hard in a LONG time. This book was so intense and I just found myself hurting for Jane. Her story is so provocative and scary. This is one of those stories so raw and painful that it’s almost hard to read. I could feel my chest tighten and a lump in my throat through most of it. I had to step away a few times to compose myself. Laurie takes you on a
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• A Good Neighborhood
  • The Grace Year
  • The Speed of Falling Objects
  • Resurrection Girls
Laurie Faria Stolarz grew up in Salem, MA, attended Merrimack College, and received an MFA in Creative Writing from Emerson College in Boston.

Laurie Faria Stolarz is an American author of young adult fiction novels, best known for her Blue is for Nightmares series. Her works, which feature teenage protagonists, blend elements found in mystery and romance novels.

Stolarz found sales success with