Start by marking “Raw (The Vault Series)” as Want to Read:

Raw (The Vault Series)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  105 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
THIS BOOK WAS PREVIOUSLY RELEASED IN THE VAULT ANTHOLOGY
It does end in a cliffhanger and book two is set to release in February 2018

Overwhelming desire, a powerful need to lose control.

Those are the things Alec makes me feel.

It’s dangerous, I know, but my body craves the sin. Though I try to fight it, the force is just too strong.
I’m torn, left feeling raw and confu
Published January 1st 2018

Lydia H
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Quick but worth the read

Well, hello Alec!! Raw was a quick, sexy read that I devoured in one sitting! Alec and Brynn could not be any more different but that is what intrigued Alec the most. Brynn was not his type at all. She was quiet and shy, while he was a man that always got his way. I loved Brynn's little sister and Arid, Alec's brother too!

Now, after that ending, suffice it to say I need book two...yesterday! I can't wait to see how Brynn and Alec's story continues!
Becky Rendon
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Raw...is the state in which you are left after finishing this novella.
Feeling like you has your skin scraped off and being left exposed to the elements. Your naive hope has been filleted and you have been gutted.

Raw intense power and desire will course through you. An insatiable need for more...

reviewed for Sweet Spot Sisterhood
April Symes
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, arc-review
Raw by C.A. Harms ~ Alec and Brynn's story is so different to anything she's has written before. Yet she wrote a beautiful story about two different people who connect in more ways than one. Brynn was not what Alec was looking for. Can she make him truly happy since he never really wants to feel emotions. Alec is the type of person who never wants to feel while Brynn is all about emotions. This is a roller coaster of a novella. What a beautiful read.

My Rating: 4.7 stars *****

"I voluntarily revie
Anne Milne
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This had a different feel to other stories I’ve read by this author, it was a good quick read.

Brynn is a young woman who is the sole cater for her young sister. To make ends meet she takes a job at a club called Erotic Nights which is an eye opener for her. She meets a customer called Alec and despite their best efforts an attachment is formed.

Brynn is an amazing character despite being forced to take on responsibilities at a young age there is no bitterness. Alec has deliberately closed off hi
DJ Sakata
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is not my usual wheelhouse and I’m still a bit hesitant as I am just not into the Dom/Sub genre, yet I’m also finding myself intrigued by the storyline. I am totally not appreciating the ass-hat character of Alec or the nasty cliffhanger ending, hiss! Thankfully, I have the next installment locked and loaded.
Elizabeth Horbaczek
4 stars

For a very fast paced book it not only keeps your attention but it also has a great story that is involved. At first when I started this book I thought is started kind of abruptly, but as I kept on reading I knew why. It had to be told the way it was to make sense. I absolutely love the two main characters in the book. Alec and Brynn. One I loved how Brynn may be naive in many ways, she also is very grown up in this book. What she did for her sister was amazing and what she keeps on doing
Judy
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brynn needs more money. She's only 22 and cares for her 12 year old sister because their mother doesn't care. She takes a job at a club called Erotic Nights. She peaks the interest of a Dom named Alec Reynolds. Alec is also CFO of his company and is not only hot, but he's rich. He offers Brynn an arrangement to be his sub with no emotional strings. There will only be pleasure, plus he'll take care of her and her sister. Even though the offer is very tempting, Brynn has never been a sub and to he ...more
Zoe
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alec & Brynn

Raw is exactly what it says it is. Raw emotions. CA Harms has written and extremely emotionally raw story about 2 peoples lives and how they survive living.

I absolutely loved the interactions between the main characters and how they worked together. Feelings where absolutely invested in this storyline a young girl struggling to just be and to raise her sister, a man closed off emotionally never wanting to feel attached. This is a story you definitely could get emotionally envolve
Judy Miracle
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm a fan of all C.A. Harms books and this one is no different. This novella had me hooked from the first few sentences. Once you start Raw you will not be able to put it down.

Alec is a man who knows what he wants and always gets it. Brynn has not had an easy life and is struggling day to day just to survive. She works hard and is determined to give her sister the best life she can.

After being hurt in his past Alec doesn't do relationships. He has to have control but the first time he sees Bry
SiKReviews
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brynn had to give up her life and dreams to take care of her niece, even if that includes giving into her raw emotions and an unconventional proposal from Alec.

Alec went through a bad breach up once and vowed never again. I loved the dark, sexy dom persona he adopted to protected his heart. I thin Brynn liked it too. But, there is a key to every door and Brynn was the key to the door to Alec's heart. He knew right away that he couldn't resist her.

I really enjoyed this story. The only down fall w
Lauren
This book was part of the vault anthology. Although this story ends on a cliffhanger, it continues in book two, released in February. I read this book in one sitting and wasn’t once bored. I really liked Brynn. I liked that she worked hard in order to keep custody of her sister. I liked Alec. I liked his attraction to Brynn and his determination to have her. After being hurt in the past, Alec doesn’t want a relationship, he wants control. Alec is a Dom and he wants Brynn to be his submissive but ...more
Melody Grabeel
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brynn is trying to keep herself and her niece afloat with a job she would rather not have. Her experience working in this club is written all over her. She can't help but be attracted to the aloof VIP member.
Alec is intrigued by the fresh-faced Brynn. She doesn't belong in this club, he wants her and will do whatever it takes to have her.
I liked the story line though I felt robbed when it ended in a cliff-hanger. I could feel what the heroine was feeling throughout the story though I did have a
Gwen Shafer
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Um wow.. Absolutely loved this one. I love all of her writing. This one is on my top favorite of her's. Brynn is trying to live her life and take care of her sister. She starts working at a club and doesn't even see what is coming when she gets asked to meet Alec in the VIP room. She gets more then what she expects. But things do not always stay on the happy path. Things get complicated between her and Alec because of his past. I love the relationship between Brynn and her sister. There is just ...more
Tara -Sexy Book Divas
Raw is totally different from what C.A. usually rights but it’s still beautiful and heartbreaking. Alec and Brynn are totally opposites. He’s a dominant and wants control. She isn’t a submissive and doesn’t know how to be one. But they have a connection between them and either of them know how to handle it. When things start to shift Alec gets cold feet and as to move everything back to normal again. But in return he hurts someone who could have really changed him. Can’t wait to see what unfolds ...more
Stefanie
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Raw is exactly why I love C. A. Harms writing, why she's a one click author! I was hooked from the very first sentence and is definitely a read in one sitting. Once you start you won't be able to put it down. C. A. Harms knows how to get you in the feels!! I was torn between satisfaction and sadness.

Alec knows what he wants and always gets it. Brynn is just struggling to survive. Alec is the perfect alpha and want what he can't have. It's a sexy, hot read. And it's the perfect push and pull rel
Stefanie
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Gwen Shafer
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LLS
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was a short but good read. Brynn has gained custody of her preteen sister and she takes a job at a club to make ends meet. She meets Alec and enters into an agreement with him in return for financial stability. They both get more than they bargained for. Add a little sister, Alec's brother Aric, and a grandmotherly neighbor and the story is a nice read. My only complaint is that it ends in an emotional cliffhanger.

Thank you for the privilege of reading this book! Well done! ❤
Lora
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars

This story is part of The Vault Anthology and has a very gripping storyline. At times it felt a little close to 50 shades, but it was still enjoyable.

I still wanted so much for Alec and Brynn. I wanted their happiness. Their security. Their love. This book is full of longing in a way that leaves the reader - as the title depicts - raw. I enjoyed this book and so can’t wait for the rest of their story very soon!
Veronica LaRoche
This is my first book I read of C.A and it won’t be my last. Brynn is young woman who has to take care of her sister and desperately needs a job and starts working at Erotic Nights. Alec is a man who has certain taste and once he sees Brynn he wants her as his submissive. The chemistry is scorching between them but Alec has a past that leaves him closed off to ever having any type of relationship. The ending wtf I need to know what is going to happen between Brynn & Alec
Nikkita
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

I've loved every book I've read by C.A. Harms and this one is no exception! Alec is such a strong alpha character, that you want to peel back the layers of to see his true self more. Where Brynn is coming out of her innocence and finding her true self as well. Can't wait to see where things end with these two.
Sarah Beth
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This novella has been eagerly waiting for this new series!!

Wow loved this novella and can't wait for The Vault series to begin!!! This glimpse into Brynn and Alec's story was just enough to get me hooked and eagerly anticipating the first book in this explosive new series from the very talented C.A. Harms!!!
Kelly Fountain
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a ride. I feel lost and left hanging (which we were warned about and #2 is out soon so have no fear). Alec and Brynn's "relationship" was beautiful and unstable. Watching it build, I could t help but want to turn each page faster and then bam! What?! What?! What?! Sometimes you want to strangle a man. Can't wait to see what happens!!
LovesAllThingsBooks Book Reviews
This book is pretty fast paced but it definitely keeps your interest. I have to say that I am totally a Brynn fan. She's innocent, sweet, and very independent. Alec had me falling hard with his seductiveness and caring streak. Definitely be prepared to have you heart shredded. This book left me feeling so raw, I had to buy the second book to satisfy my curiosity of where this one left off.
Lorie Glowania
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brynn is a new hostess at Erotic Nights. She meets Alec who wants her to go to the VIP room with him. Brynn takes care of her sister since there mother left them. But Alec wants something more and is propositioned to be his sub. But under the condition of no feeling emotion and love. Can she do that?
Kelly Fountain
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a ride. I feel lost and left hanging (which we were warned about and #2 is out soon so have no fear). Alec and Brynn's "relationship" was beautiful and unstable. Watching it build, I couldn't help but want to turn each page faster and then bam! What?! What?! What?! Sometimes you want to strangle a man. Can't wait to see what happens!!
Djg
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a tease. Very different from other C.A. Harms stories I've read.
Free on KU. Most C.A. Harms books are autobuy for me but it's a little short to pay 2.99 for but worth the read for free.
Stefanie Nelson hetland
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alec and Brynne have such an emotional filled relationship. Brynne has not had the easiest childhood growing up and now she has more responsibility than she should at her age. Alec comes into her life. So much more to the story and you must read.
Crystal Gray
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brynn was not what Alec was looking for, not really. Is she enough to make him happy in more ways than he is looking for? He doesn't want himself to feel any emotions, what's going to happen with them? I guess we have to wait to find out! The ending, blah! :-D
Louise Rogers-Thomas
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! CAs books are always outstanding and this story was no different. Well it was differnet she's got a kinky side too. Oh my good Lord H.O.T!!!!
Warning there is a cliffhanger but it's definitely going to be worth the wait.
« previous 1 3 4 next »