Start by marking “Ghosts of the Sea Moon” as Want to Read:
Ghosts of the Sea Moon

Ghosts of the Sea Moon

(Saga of the Outer Islands #1)

In the Outer Islands, gods and magic rule the ocean.
Under the command of Captain Rafe Morrow, the crew of the Celestial Jewel ferry souls to the After World and defend the seas from monsters. Rafe has dedicated his life to protecting the lost, but the tides have shifted and times have changed.
His sister, the Goddess of the Moon, is on a rampage and her creatures are terror
ebook
Published January 13th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Ghosts of the Sea Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghosts of the Sea Moon

Claire
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indie-writer
Recap: Captain Rafe Morrow, of the Celestial Jewel ferries souls to the afterlife but his sister, the Goddess of the Moon, is being on his destruction.

Review: Some great world building here and I loved all the nautical references. Rafe is a complex and likeable character and there are some unique extras in his crew. Then madness of the Moon Goddess was well written and Hugh's role in the god's argument was amusing. Occasionally the dialogue became stilted and wooden which jerked me out of my rea
F.D. Gross
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
A god and goddess. A brother and sister. Locked in an eternal battle of hatred. The sea churns. Monsters scream. The living and the dead fear for their existence.

Such is to be expected in A. F. Stewart’s, Ghosts of the Seamoon, book one of the Saga of the outer Islands. Nothing short of high sea adventure, intense battles and burning magic. The back of the book sums it up nicely.

What you fill find in this read of nautical fantasy is a heart felt story about a seafaring captain who happens to be
Lorinda Taylor
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This fantasy is laid in a world of islands and sea voyages, imbued with and ruled by magic. However, it’s not a fairy tale world – it’s rather a world of mythology, where gods and men interact. I was reminded of the Greek pantheon, gods and goddesses that are all too human, with the human flaws and virtues that help us relate to them. Rafe Morrow is Captain of a magical ship called the Celestial Jewel, but he is also the powerful God of Souls; his ship protects and rescues departed souls, helpin ...more
April Showers Bring Fungi From Yuggoth
Review: GHOSTS OF THE SEA MOON by A. F. Stewart
(Saga of the Outer Islands #1)

Reading GHOSTS OF THE SEA MOON is, truly, a magical experience, not just because the story line contains magic, goddesses, and gods. The story is wonderfully written and wondrous; the author has such a flair for imagery that is poetic and awe-inspiring. Many times I stopped to marvel and to highlight a particularly awesome phrase. I'm eager to continue the series. Generally, Fantasy is not my forte, but if I could be gu
Kim
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although this is a genre I don’t usually read, some ‘tidbit’ ads caught my attention and I picked up a copy on pre-order. I’m glad I did, as the author’s descriptive writing brought the turbulent seas vividly to life. Anyone who likes Marvel fantasy epics, mixed with a hint of ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ and the broad brush strokes of a traditional ghost story, is sure to enjoy this tale. Well worth a look.
Katie Thompson
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant piece of brand new mythology. Gods and monsters are exquisitely created for this magnificent world that she’s created. Thrilling and captivating, this is a book that’s easy to get lost in and hard to put down.
Pamela Simmons
Jan 24, 2018
shannon  Stubbs
Feb 07, 2018
A.F.
Dec 21, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Paul Ward
Peter Foote
Mar 15, 2019
AyumiMilla
Mar 22, 2019
I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada, and I write speculative fiction (fantasy, sci-fi, horror), as well as poetry. I have been plying the trade for several years, periodically interrupted by those pesky events from life.
I have published independently and authored such books as the Saga of the Outer Islands series, the Killers and Demons series, Fairy Tale Fusion, and Ruined City. I've also had stories pu

Saga of the Outer Islands (3 books)
  • Sea Bound: A Saga of the Outer Islands Story
  • Souls of the Dark Sea (Saga of the Outer Islands Book 2)
“Storm’s coming, boys. Doesn’t bode well, not with the moonrise tonight.” 1 likes