Start by marking “Half Empty (First Wives, #2)” as Want to Read:
Half Empty (First Wives, #2)

Half Empty

(First Wives #2)

New York Times bestselling author Catherine Bybee continues her sassy series with another of the First Wives finding that love and secrets are a dangerous combination.

Trina Petrov’s marriage-by-contract was only meant to be temporary. But when tragedy strikes, Trina is left one of the wealthiest women in the world. To recover from the shock, she takes some time off in

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 348 pages
Published July 31st 2018 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Half Empty, please sign up.
Kyle Free? Kind of. It is available on Kindle Unlimited. You can get a free 30 day trial by going to Kindle http://www.more-book.info/FREE-Trial and viola…moreFree? Kind of. It is available on Kindle Unlimited. You can get a free 30 day trial by going to Kindle http://www.more-book.info/FREE-Trial and viola it is free. After that it is like $9/Mo. and you can get THOUSANDS of books. (less)

Start your review of Half Empty (First Wives, #2)
♥Rachel♥
Aug 26, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Trina is in Italy mourning the death of her first husband, not because she was romantically involved (there's a backstory), but because she feels a little responsible for his suicide. Enter Wade Thomas, a famous country singer trying to get dinner after closing time but out of luck since the kitchen is closed. Trina doesn’t recognize Wade at all, but she’s loaded up with the last call of food, takes pity on him and shares her food. Wade’s immediately taken with Trina, but she’s not
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, own-paperback
Trina is torn with guilt over her husbands suicide and struggling with the after affects of inheriting the Petrov fortune. She doesn't understand why her mother-in-law left everything to her in the will and she is beginning to understand the danger it has put her in with her late husbands father.

When Trina is heading home from her short sabbatical, she meets famous country singer Wade Thomas. She doesn't think she is ready to move on but Wade is charming enough to wiggle his way into her life.
"Avonna
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

HALF EMPTY (First Wives #2) by Catherine Bybee is the latest in her First Wives contemporary romance series with a suspense subplot carried over from the first book. This is Katrina “Trina” Petrov’s story and it can be read as a standalone, but for a full understanding of the relationship between all of the First Wives, you may want to read “Fool Me Once” the first book in this series.

Katrina “Trina” Petrov became one of the
Carvanz
Trina has just been going through the motions, trying to avoid life as well as her friends. A year after the suicide of her husband, and the circus media that resulted, has seen her sink even further into an emptiness she feels she will never crawl out of. When a late night bar visit brings her shoulder to shoulder with Wade, she wants to let go and believe there is goodness in men, but her past indicates otherwise. In an effort to miss out on the First Wives next get together, she ends up in a ...more
Stacie
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
4 1/2 "Darlin" Stars!

I liked this one a lot! The main characters, the story, the romance, the side characters, all of it. Can't wait for the next one. Happy reading!!
Somia
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Overall this was a nice light read.

Th book starts with Trina Petrov strolling through Italy as she tries to avoid her friends and some of the realities of her life since her husband and mother-in-law died. But despite not wanting to go home, she has to for the First Wives next get together, in her efforts to miss out on the meeting she ends up in a hotel with the handsome singer Wade Thomas to wait out a storm.

Wade, a famous country singer is stumped when he meets Trina and she has no idea who
Kate ☀️ Olson
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
s w o o n I inhaled this one in less than a day and couldn’t be in a more blissful state now. Catherine Bybee NEVER fails me and I adore every single one of her series. I only have one more of her books on tap now and I’m panicking at the thought of not having one to read at any given point in time! I’m almost positive a new one is coming this spring though.

Her books are romantic, steamy, original and dreamy. Her women are fierce and her men are powerful and I just adore them.

SERIES NOTES:
Peggy Jaeger
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Book2 of the First Wives Series, HALF-EMPTY, Catherine Bybee gives us Katrina “Trina” Petrov’s story. Her marriage of convenience ended when her billionaire husband Fedor committed suicide. For the past year she’s been traveling and trying to come to terms with the way her life has turned out. Stuck in a hotel due to a storm,she fights jetlag by having a late dinner in the empty hotel bar.

Well, almost empty.

A charming, handsome and persistent man strikes up a conversation with Trina. She
Kathleen
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW...
In book #2 of the First Wives series we are reintroduced to Trina Petrov and we meet the charming and sexy country music superstar Wade Thomas. Right from the start at their first meeting you can feel the sizzle between them… And things just get better from there.

As I start to read this story I can’t believe how engaging Catherine Bybee draws her readers in right from the start. You can’t wait to keep turning the page to see what is going to happen to the heroine next. It’s jammed packed
E-Reader Addict
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I’ve been a fan of Catherine Bybee and her Not Quite series for years. Sometimes you’re in the mood for a certain kind of book, and I used to know if I was looking for something sweet, fun, and uncomplicated, Ms. Bybee could be counted on to deliver just that.

But this new First Wives series is not any of those things. It’s a little edgier, with women who are a bit cynical about the institution of marriage.

In book one, Fool Me Once, we are introduced to the women of the First Wives Club - Lori,
Heather
This is the second book in the First Wives series. While technically it can be read on it's own, I will be reading the first book in the series to see what I missed and simply because this story was that good! Catherine Bybee has a talent for creating characters and story lines that immediately pull the reader in and have you truly hoping they can get their HEA. Fans of Bybee's earlier series, the Weekday Brides, will recognize plot elements but with all new characters and situations. These are ...more
Pennie Morgan
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, the feels in this one! Trina and Wade are perfect for each other. Trina is part of the first wives club and married her first husband who supposedly committed suicide before their impending divorce and then his mother passed and she left her estate to her. This left her richer than imaginable. Flying home Europe and sitting in a hotel bar at midnight a stranger strikes up a conversation about how much food she has ordered when he cannot get any because the kitchen has closed. Perfect meet ...more
Vikki Vaught
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Catherine Bybee is fast becoming one of my auto-buy authors. This is book two in the Cabot series. When I received an invitation from the publisher, via Net-Galley, to read and review, I immediately accepted. My opinions are my own and not influenced by anyone.

As with all of Ms. Bybee’s novels, Half Empty captured my attention from the first page and kept until the last. The pacing is fast, the characters are entertaining and well-written, and the plot is fantastic.

Trina’s character shows a
MsChris1161
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, own, netgalley, reviewed
HALF EMPTY is a fantastic story that is cleverly written by Catherine Bybee to make you laugh, cry, shake your head in anger and outrage, bite your lip in suspense, and sigh... no make that blush, at the hotness of the romantic scenes. This second novel in Bybee's First Wives series has it all and kept me glued to Trina Petrov's story.

In Fool Me Once, the first novel in the First Wives series, Trina's contracted husband commits suicide which starts a chain of events that send her world into a
Trish R.
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing

WOW! I loved this book. Trina was so sweet and unassuming, even though she was worth $350 million smack-a-roos. And Wade was great in his tremendous fame and being so down to earth. AND I loved Sasha. She was an invisibly terrific fighter and guardian.

This was a wonderful romance that didn’t depend on the romance to make it a good read. The mystery and suspense made the story (a lot of romance writers could take a lesson or two from Ms. Bybee, or Sandra Owens.)

This story was all about Ruslan,
Lora Logan
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun, sexy and suspenseful

This was a great, suspenseful romance with a musician country star hero... what could be better. I greatly enjoy all of Catherine's books, she is an amazing author with inventive and interesting storylines you have to love.
Despina
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley for a honest review.

3 1/2 stars

Half Empty was interesting story, it had many of the elements I like in a story, a strong female lead, a man that appreciates her but there was all these little things that I found irritating and took away from the story for me. It felt like there was too much going on distracting me from the actual relationship between Trina and Wade. I think that this was well written, I just don't feel like it my kind of story.
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
Half Empty is the second book in the First Wives series by the fabulous Catherine Bybee. I loved the first book and I was a little afraid this one wasn't going to be as good and I'm so glad I was wrong. I already loved Trina and knew she needed to find a good solid man to win her heart. Wade turned out to be that man plus more. Trina doesn’t need or want a man, but the night she meets Wade, there's just something about him. She stops his advances but he's so intrigued by her that he's not going ...more
Peggy Jaeger
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who loves Bybee
Recommended to Peggy by: Netgalley

Well, almost empty.

B.
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This continues Bybee’s series about women who contracted temporary marriages with super-rich men knowing that they would divorce within a short period of time. It sounds rather cold, but not really because the women get to be heroines of their own romances so you know they can’t be all that bad.

I don’t buy that there could be a private business devoted solely to help people make such marriage arrangements, but just go with it. The heroine of this book, Trina, is still recovering from the trauma
TJ
Catherine Bybee’s writing is always a joy to read. It flows smoothly and has a down-to-earth, family feel that draws the reader into her stories immediately and allows them to truly feel a part of the people she so eloquently writes about. This book is no exception.

I had trouble figuring out what exactly the story was trying to be, however. Is it a romance? A suspense? Or women’s fiction? There is a bit of all three but none are well enough defined to stand out and actually carry the story. I
Erin Lewis
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5.0 Star Review Half Empty (First Wives #2) by Catherine Bybee
There is something about Catherine Bybee’s style of writing that resonates with me. She weaves a story that has me invested from the very start.
Katrina “Trina” Petrov intrigued me when she appeared in Fool Me Once and I was excited to find out that this was her story. Throw in hot and swoon worthy Country-music superstar Wade Thomas and you know your in for a treat.
Escaping to Italy to come to terms with the sudden death due to
Michele
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: con-rom, priority, 0718
See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

A country music hottie and a wealthy young widow set the pages on fire in Half Empty, the second installment in Catherine Bybee’s First Wives series. Fantastic bantering, passionate romance, and an intriguing thread of danger led the way to a swoon-worthy happy ending you won’t want to miss.

I could not be more in love with Half Empty or with our main characters Trina and Wade. They were an absolute riot. What an entertaining, sensual couple they turned
Ruthie Taylor
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the second book in the series, and you really do need to have read the first book to understand all the dynamics at play. This is a book full of drama and complex twists and turns, as well as a lovely romance - all in all a very good addition to the series. I am reviewing with the assumption that you have read the first book.

After the women supported Trina, she insists on travelling alone - and we catch up with
Momma
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beth
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**I voluntarily read an early copy of this title in exchange for an honest review**

If you haven’t read any of Catherine Bybee’s books you are missing out! She has once again shown us that she can write a story that weaves romance, suspense, and action all together! Catherine has a way of drawing you into the story and making it hard to put the book down once you’ve started reading! The second book in the The First Wives series focuses on Trina Petrov and her story while also weaving in
Marti
Half Empty by Catherine Bybee is the second book in The First Wives Club. I did not read the prior book, but I am now looking forward to reading it!! The book is a romance but there is a serious twist with killers looking to kill Trina Petrov.

Trina’s husband died unexpectedly and she is left with loads of money, guilt and questions. While she is on her way home (which she is trying to avoid doing), she meets an man who is interesting, not that she is really interested at all. She allowed him to
maggieandteddy
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 for the story. 4 stars for the Narration. I love Emma Wilder's narration.
This is 3rd person POV. Emma's males voices are good too, but the voice for Wade seemed a little too raspy for a country singer.
This is my first book that I've "read" in this series. It was reco'd in a FB audio book group.
I loved Wade's lines. Very funny and too nice to be true. At first, Trina tries to keep her distance, but they do have a strong attraction. Wade is hesitant to get involved since he's touring and
Terri
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-book
This was actually my first book by Catherine Bybee. She's been on my radar for a long time, but I'd just never gotten around to reading her. I can honestly say that she's got me hooked. I was not expecting the suspense and trauma that was in this story, but she kept me turning the pages. The marriage by contract concept of the story was also surprising to me.
I found the relationship between Trina and Wade to be very heartwarming. I loved that she didn't know who he was when they met. I also
Debra Oliva
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another engaging installment in the First Wives series! The widowed Trina Petrov has sought refuge in Venice for the first year anniversary of her husband’s death and meets country music superstar Wade Thomas in a bar in Miami while returning to Texas. Sparks fly but, much to his surprise, she doesn’t recognize him and when he introduces himself, she has no idea who he is.

Catherine Bybee knows how to write! I read the story in one sitting. The members of the First Wives club are strong,

• The Memory of You (Sanctuary Sound, #1)
  • The Promise of Us (Sanctuary Sound #2)
  • The Wonder of Now (Sanctuary Sound, #3)
  • When You Knew (The Cabots, #3)
  • My Kind of Forever (Trillium Bay, #2)
  • Ensnared (The Accidental Billionaires, #1)
  • The Perfect Dress
  • Entangled (The Accidental Billionaires, #2)
  • Hollywood Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #4)
  • A Brand New Ending (Stay, #2)
  • Small Town Rumors
  • Second Time Around (Second Glances, #1)
  • The Magnolia Inn
  • The Start of Something Good (Stay, #1)
  • Enamored (Accidental Billionaires #3)
  • All We Knew (The Cabots, #2)
  • The Broken One (Corisi Billionaires, #1)
  • The Family Journal

Finalist RT Award in Contemporary Romance
Fiance by Friday

New York

First Wives (5 books)
  • Fool Me Once (First Wives, #1)
  • Chasing Shadows (First Wives, #3)
  • Faking Forever (First Wives, #4)
  • Say It Again (First Wives, #5)
“He’s Just Not That into You?” 0 likes