Start by marking “Perfect Match” as Want to Read:
Perfect Match

Perfect Match

Could you chose between your marriage and your child? Just when Karen and Joe Eastman thought they had it all - the perfect marriage and the perfect family - they learn that their young son, Ben, has a terminal illness. The only cure is for them to have a 'designer baby' to provide him with a perfect match bone-marrow transplant. But, in the process, a devastating family s ...more
Published June 19th 2008 by Century (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Match

boogenhagen
Nov 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Chloe
Jan 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Joe and Karen Eastman are feeling incredibly lucky – they are happily married to each other and have just had their first child together, a little boy called Ben. But things are about to explode in a bad way when they find out their precious son has a terminal illness, and one which is only going to be curable by the creation of a “designer baby”, a brother or sister who is a perfect genetic match for little Ben. But during the process, a devastating secret is revealed which is going to rock eve ...more
Danielle
Jul 01, 2010 rated it liked it
It was an enjoyable read and it took me only three hours to finish this book. Still, I can't seem to shake the feeling that there was a lot more the author could have done with the story. It also had an open ending and I'm not a fan of that...
Nitya
Nov 22, 2010 rated it liked it
The cover looks all chick-lit-ty, but I liked the synopsis(es?) i had read and decided to give it a try. And really enjoyed it. It helps that I could empathize/feel for/hate most of the characters in it. While I did have some trouble with her writing style (she writes like a non-native speaker (am one myself, so...) who uses the thesaurus option on Word a lot - some very proper English and weird sentence constructions; some inconsistent tenses; some poor editing), I realized that if I had ever w ...more
Nico
Feb 05, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Highly predictable story. was bored as from page 20 but managed to finish it.
Laura Chard
Sep 17, 2017 rated it liked it
The premise of Perfect Match is both intuiting and a thought provoking topic. I largely enjoyed the book and the reading style was easy for me to get into, after recently finding it difficult to stick at a book through to the end.

Joe and Karen are raising a child who is desperately ill and whose chance at a healthy life lies with a transplant, needing to come from a 'designer baby'. This is further complicated by a revelation which shakes the family, causing each character to face different dil
Ronel Mick
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! What a book, full of twists, turns and lots of surprise. I really enjoyed this book as this is something that happens alot in today's world
David Proffitt
Sep 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Having read only one Jane Moore novel before (Fourplay) I was expecting the same sort of thing – a light, funny chick-lit book with just enough plot to keep me amused for a couple of hours. What I actually got was a surprisingly touching story with characters I found some sympathy for.

In a nutshell, Karen and Joe Eastman have a far from perfect marriage but they are happy, never more so than when their son is born. But when they discover that young Ben has a terminal illness, their lives are cha
Komal
Jul 17, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I read the blurb, I was expecting an emotional drama full of tears, so just to be prepared, I kept some tissues by my side. As it turns out, the story is complicated with so many threads woven together to make it appealing to the reader.

To be honest, I have mixed reactions towards the book. At some places, I felt it is a remarkable story of a family who is fighting to survive their child who is terminally ill. But some situations and behavior of the characters is so awkward that I find it
Kristin (Kritters Ramblings)
Check out the full review at Kritters Ramblings

With a tagline - "Could you choose between your marriage and your child?" - you can guarantee that there will be drama and the main character will definitely have a few decisions to make in the book. Karen Eastman has a child who has a debilitating illness and there are very few options to help him overcome the disease - one being to have a child that is a "perfect match" to allow for a true bone marrow transplant. After tests are run, Karen learns
Lynn
May 03, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Ben Eastman is born he is everything his parents had hoped for, a beautiful son to start their family. Sadly they soon discover that Ben has a terminal illness and his only hope is a stem-cell transplant from a genetic match - a "designer baby". What follows is the revelation of a bombshell that not only threatens Ben's survival but that of his parents marriage.
This is a well written novel that asks some difficult ethical questions, ones to which there are no right answers and where decisio
Saskia
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wat heb ik genoten van dit boek!!! Geweldig verhaal, mooi onderwerp en goed uitgewerkte personages. Door de verschillende verhaallijnen word het boek geen moment saai, sterker nog het enige wat ik wilde bij dit boek was doorlezen, elk vrij momentje pakte ik het boek op, dus dan krijgt zo'n boek gewoon vijf stemmen en een plekje in mijn top tien. Een ware aanrader voor iedereen die van romantische en/of familieverhalen houd.
Aileen
Apr 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book I have read by this Author, the cover did look
strange, but I never judge a book by the cover, it was different to
what I usually read, a shocking plot, and good characters and very
emotional throughout, I thank god my children are ok. I quite enjoyed
it, and read it quickly, it was easy to get absorbed into the book, I
would definitely recommend.
Claire Elwood
May 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book really pulls at the emotional heart strings & tries to engage you into the complicated issues of parenthood. I throughly enjoyed this book as it showed the points of view & emotions on both sides of the stories of the people involved and how it affects others e.g grandparents & friends. A brave & successful attempt.
Redfox5
Dec 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
A sad book. The person I feel sorry for the most is Charlie. I'm not sure where I stand on having a baby just to save another baby. I don't think I'd want that to be the reason for my exsitence. Althought I actually quiet liked the rest of the characters, they were all abit selfish. Made me cry a fair few times.
Saskia
May 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ik moest even in het verhaal komen, maar daarna werd ik er helemaal ingezogen. Het is een chicklit, maar wel ééntje met een serieuze onderwerp waardoor ik twijfel of het niet meer een roman is. Maar goed, dat laten we dan maar even in het midden ;-) Het is een ontzettend mooi boek, waarbij je steeds meegeslingerd wordt tussen de gevoelens van Joe en Karin en met hen meeworsteld. Een aanrader!
Susan
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reminiscent of the Jodi Piccoult book on the same theme of a designer baby to save a sibling, but in a British context. Touchingly written with an ending which still left the reader guessing (but hopefully) to the final outcome of Karen and Joe's relationship. But that for me made it a more realistic story.
Harriet
Oct 13, 2009 rated it liked it
I was suprisingly impressed by this book. I expected it to be pretty average, but it turned out to be a page-turner. Finished it in a couple of days. I loved the twist in the already gritty storyline. Makes a change for something that comes across as chick-lit.
Louise Riches
Jan 22, 2013 rated it liked it
It was all right - didn't have to think about it too much! Clarified my thinking about not having kids though!! :)
Adora Herveaux
Jan 12, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One word . . . B O R I N G
Vickie Taylor
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed it. I liked the way it didn't necessarily have a 'they all lived happily ever after' ending.
Debbie
Feb 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Good read - English phraseology hard to understand for those not familiar with it
Itchy
rated it did not like it
Dec 30, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Cupidity: 50 Stupid Things People Do For Love And How To Avoid Them
  • Single en Sexy
  • Friendly Fire: A Duet
  • Summer Snow (Threads of Change #2)
  • To My Best Friends.
  • Sa Kasunod ng 909
  • Guilty Pleasures
  • Mums@Home
  • Next to You: Caron's Courage Remembered by Her Mother
  • The Feng Shui Junkie
  • Miss Communicatie (Miss, #1)
  • Stick a Fork In It (Poppy Markham: Culinary Cop, #2)
  • Buren with benefits (Onbreekbaar #1)
  • My Best Friend's Life