Start by marking “We Can Be Mended (Divergent #3.5)” as Want to Read:
We Can Be Mended (Divergent #3.5)

We Can Be Mended

(Divergent #3.5)

Globally bestselling author Veronica Roth returns to the world of Divergent in this revealing short-story epilogue that takes place five years after the stunning events of Allegiant.

As Tobias struggles to understand and move past his fears, the world he once knew has changed beyond recognition. Fringe-dwellers, ex-faction members, Bureau dropouts, and migrants now coex

Published January 9th 2018 by Katherine Tegen Books (first published January 17th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about We Can Be Mended, please sign up.
Bellaaaaaa I am very late but unfortunately I cannot remember or find the link, but I kept searching it up as an ebook and after an hour and a half of searching,…moreI am very late but unfortunately I cannot remember or find the link, but I kept searching it up as an ebook and after an hour and a half of searching, I found it for free(less)
Celia You can by it on Amazon in a kindle format, which you can read on your phone, iPad, computer or on your kindle

Start your review of We Can Be Mended (Divergent #3.5)
Beatrice Masaluñga
Feb 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
We Can Be Mended
Mended my ass.

description
Danielle (Love at First Page)

Hahahahaha I fucking knew it.

*insert middle finger here* *and another* *and another* *and another*
Read It & Weep Girls

Okay guys, let’s just get this out of the way first: I knew it. I KNEW IT. I just really stinking knew that it was going to end up like this.

*ahem*

Sorry. Now that that’s done, we can talk like adults. So, We Can Be Mended is the itty-bitty 33-page epilogue written by one of my all time favorite authors ever, Veronica Roth, tying up the Divergent world forever. In it, we catch up with arguably the fictional world’s dreamiest boyfriend: Tobias Eaton. Five years since Allegiant (and I’m still
Irene Sim
NO, JUST NO!
You don't get to dismiss everything that Tris was for Four. We want Four to ache for eternity because that's how WE the readers ache for his loss. You don't get to come around after so many years and STATE that life goes on. No, it doesn't.

Why this, after so many years of finale? Does VR miss the attention? I really wonder if it'll have any meaning reading this but I know I won't be able to resist it, lol!
Sofia
Nov 23, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short-stories
Are you KIDDING me? We can be MENDED? You know what can't be mended? The dumpster fire that was Allegiant. The only thing that could make it worse was if Tobias suddenly started dating Christina. Oh, wait.

0 stars, waste of my time and tears and BLOOD
Christina
Feb 18, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There was NO point to this. It happened exactly as I knew it would happen. I didn't need to read this to know that Roth would do what she did. And... it just reminded me of how much I detest Allegiant.

Like, that book can burn for all I care.
Marina
READING ONLY THREE LAST PAGES! AND IT IS RUINS A WHOLE OF DIVERGENT STORIES!

ALLEGIANT STORYLINE IS ALREADY FU*KED UP AND THIS BOOKS ENDING A BIG NO NO FOR ME!!

DAMN IT FOUR! WHY OHH WHY!!!

I SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT I WILL NOT READ ANY VERONICA ROTH AFTER THIS!

SCREW YOU!! DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS ENDING!! IT EVEN DOESN'T WORTH FOR 1 STARS!
Stepheny
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Listen, I know there are a LOT of people who hated the ending of the Divergent series. Clearly, I was not one of them. No, I am on of the thousands of Divergent fangirls. And I am totally ok with that.

To be honest, if Veronica Roth published Four’s Grocery List, I would be the first one pre-ordering it. We know this. It’s nothing new! So, when I saw that she had written a brief story giving us insight into Four’s life after the events of Allegiant, I almost exploded with excitement.

When I rece
human
I just reread this and I don't think I'll ever be able to put into words how angry it made me :))

Party Poison
Aug 10, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This was completely pointless. Seriously. What was the point? Literally nothing happened. Four got with Christina because he finally got over Tris which he said would never happen. Oh no my girlfriend is dead, I should date her best friend.
Pro tip: if your girlfriend dies, just date her best friend.
This is so stupid. Why does it exist? It should not exist. Allegiant *disgusted noise* ended fine. This thing is completely unnecessary. It wasn’t as bad as Allegiant mostly because it’s only 22 pag
Cande Rizzo
Feb 23, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
NOOOOOOOO, WHYYYY????? THIS IS SO BAD OMG, I WOULD GIVE IT 0 STARS IF I COULD, SHE BUTCHERED THE ENTIRE SERIES JUST TO SELL HER NEW BOOK. I'M NOT OVER ALLEGIANT, AND THEN THIS?? FUCK OFF.
I WILL DO WHAT I DID WITH CURSED CHILD, PRETEND IT DOESN'T EXIST. THIS WAS A BIG MISTAKE, GOD I'M SO PISSED!
Liv ☾
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jay
Feb 14, 2017 marked it as nope-nope-nope  ·  review of another edition
Nopity nope nope nope noooooooope!

(view spoiler) and Four???????

What the ever loving fuck is this?

Killing Tris was one thing - it hurt like hell (and I would have stopped reading after Book 1 if I'd known) but I am still reeling and will never read the series again finally over the emotional trauma of it all.

But now this?

There's an unspoken agreement between YA authors and readers that the main couple (or the most shipped one) gets a HEA.

Ms Roth didn't just ignore t
Micah Francis
I just don’t even know how to rate this. That is nowhere near what I thought would happen. It wasn’t bad but I wasn’t happy about it either. But now I want to reread the Divergent series!
Neil (or bleed)
Jan 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
We can't be mended by your stupid games, Veronica. Wag kami. ...more
daniel
Sep 29, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
this was... terrible.
Jelena Milenković
I didn't need this in my life. Seriously.
I knew what was going to happen from the page 1, but I wished it didn't! It's so staged and unnecessary.
Cors
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is so freaking morbid I almost lost my shit.

This feels like Allegiant over and over again but Tobias Eaton version. My heart hurts so bad right now and it feels like I’m being murdered. All pain the came rushing back together with a full force nostalgia.

Let it be fucking noted: Veronica Roth annihilated my heart, she ruined it and mended it again.

Me:
*tosses my kindle tab*
*walks out of the front door*
*goes to the nearest train station*
*Jumps*

My heart, my poor broken heart.
Layla
Aug 30, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: torture-device
This litterly did nothing for me. If anything it ruined the original trilogy more than Allegiant. Plus I already knew how it was gonna end before it did. And if the point of this was to give of an insight of life after the factions, it barley did that. This was just not necessary, and left me with more unanswered questions than I had going in. I only read it, because it was in the back of my Carve the Mark book, but now it's over, and I can go back to pretending it never happend. ...more
Kris Mauna
Ugh.. This was NOT the closure I needed.
To be honest, I'm a little hurt right now. And I'm depressed all over again thinking of Allegiant's ending.. Just why?!?! I'm seriously so disappointed. I love Four, and reading from his voice again was pretty much the only good thing about this novella.
Erin Arkin
Mar 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
nope.
Breanne
Feb 18, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This awoke all those Allegiant feels from 3 years ago but fuck you V.Roth for writing this piece of trash. We already knew this would happen but did you have to make it canon?! I'M PISSED!!!!!!! PRETENDING THIS DOESN'T EXIST!!! ...more
A_ bookbound _soul
WHY VERONICA?! WHY! I wish I could forget that this book even existed!

Ugh... It seemed really unnecessary, useless! A very feeble attempt to just move the story.This was not what I had expected. If I could I would give negative stars to it!
If you're still a Divergent fan and haven't read this one yet, I would recommend to stay away from it.
Aya
Four: You die, I die too.

Four again: lolololololol jk when you die imma hook up with your best friend.
Sahil Javed
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novellas, dystopian
We Can Be Mended is a short novella, told from the perspective of Tobias, that takes place five years after the events of Allegiant and acts as an epilogue to the series.
“We work, and dream. We fight, and we laugh, and we fall in love. We move.

And we mend.”

I think the reason this novella has such a low rating is because people weren’t happy that Tobias and Christina ended up together. I, however, am probably one of the only people that was really satisfied with this epilogue. I thoug
Nataliya
Nov 26, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I don’t plan to read this story - it’s enough that I suffered through the Divergent series (I did not hate the first book, but it all went downhill from there). But I’m curious and I read through the reviews for this short story — and I’m surprised by the consistent outpouring of dislike for it — for the reason that, as far as I gather, Tobias/Four starts dating his dead girlfriend’s best friend years after that girlfriend died. That’s what everyone seems to be complaining about.

Is *that* reall
Ana
Jan 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
oh veronica, why do you still make me cry?
Christy
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That's a whole lot of tears for 33 little pages. Brought me right back to my feels from years past. <4 ...more
Mariah
No comment.
No fucking comment.

• COVID-128 (The Lunar Chronicles #4.6)
  • Thomas’s First Memory of the Flare (The Maze Runner, #2.5)
  • The Book of Shhh
  • Crank Palace (The Maze Runner, #5.5)
  • The Unofficial Divergent Aptitude Test: Discover Your True Faction!
  • Life After Legend II (Legend, #3.75)
  • Divergent Parody: Detergent
  • Homecoming (Vampire Academy, #6.5)
  • Love Is A Choice (Across the Universe, #0.6)
  • Courting the Coronavirus
  • Life Before Legend: Episode 2 (Legend, #0.6)
  • Reaper (Soul Screamers, #3.5)
  • The Maze Runner Files
  • Raven (Delirium, #2.5)
  • Free Four: The Full Story
  • Sarah's Journal (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files Bonus)
Veronica Roth is the #1 New York Times best-selling author of the Divergent series (Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, and Four: A Divergent Collection), the Carve the Mark duology (Carve the Mark, the Fates Divide), The End and Other Beginnings collection of short fiction, and many short stories and essays. Her first book for adult audiences, Chosen Ones, is out now. She lives in Chicago.

Divergent (3 books)
  • Divergent (Divergent, #1)
  • Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
  • Allegiant (Divergent, #3)