Start by marking “Beyond the Crystal City (Dust Storm, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Crystal City (Dust Storm, #1)

Beyond the Crystal City

(Dust Storm #1)

Logan Brookfield's first book in the Dust Storm Series.

Time is running out and there is only one chance left to save mankind.

One outpost is left on a dying Earth and holds what’s left of humanity. Millions of people crammed into a few square miles resulting in overcrowding, starvation, pollution and a daily fight for survival in a crime and disease-ridden city.

The Continen
Published December 19th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Crystal City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond the Crystal City

Start your review of Beyond the Crystal City (Dust Storm, #1)
Zoe's Human
Feb 12, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNFing at the 20% mark.

I find the writing awkward to the extent that I was not able to immerse myself in the book. The dialogue is natural but more in the boring-guy-at-the-bar way than the interesting-person-you-actually-want-to-talk-to way. The book is slow in overall plot and sudden in action scenes. The upper and lower echelons of society are actually called the "Cloud people" and the "Wretches".

The universe just doesn't make sense to me either. If the "Cloud people" are continuously using
Violet H Harmon
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very enjoyable read

This is a great end of days book because we seem headed in the same direction. The ppl in the Crystal City live in luxury. They breathe clean air, eat nutritious food, have unlimited clean water while the wretches outside are fed toxic biscuits, must breathe polluted air and drink polluted water. All of them are starving, sick, dying but not fast enough to satisfy the 11 that rule the Crystal City. Unknown to the wretches, the head of the 11 has a plan that will instantly do
Kimberly Vanderbloom
Fast paced and thrilling

I won this but in a goodreads first read to giveaway.

Overall I was super impressed with the writing and the storyline. I do however wish there was a little bit more character and world building in the beginning. There are many things that happen in this book and when you’re finished you realize just how long of the journey going on. I wanted to connect to the Wretches and their struggles a little more. I have to say that my favorite character was Edmond. My favorite part
Lorena
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very captivating. Realistic expression of false morality, dual society, low value of human life, utopian dream. Looking forward to the next in the series where some answers will hopefully be resolved.
Lisa
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice Flow, Very Interesting

When I thought the story was going to get boring, things changed. It kept progressing at a good pace and kept things interesting. I liked the way it switched from different characters' points of view.
Leon
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: apocalyptic, scifi
It was ok I doubt if I continue with any more in this series.
Renea Greathouse
Pretty good story

The storyline is excellent, it has a variety of characters that are easy to relate too. I gave it 5 stars because I enjoyed reading it.
Sylvia E Lackey
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

If you like sci-fired, and a quick read, this one you will like. I found it very entertaining and a good read. Enjoyed it very much!
Aimee
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goodreads giveaway
Cindy Lea
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story with traces of human grit

This story took me to a different time to enjoy the story of 2 kid's survival a time not meant for them.
Izabela
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
This book was good, but not great. I enjoyed it enough to finish it, but not enough to keep reading the rest of the series. The story moved along well enough, but the ending didn't leave me craving more.

*Won through Goodreads giveaways
Feb 14, 2018
Sara Swanson
Sep 16, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Glimmer of Hope (Land of Tomorrow #1)
  • Escalante (The Fixer, #0.5)
  • Solar Storm: Book 1: Season 1: Episodes I - III
  • Unraveling (After The End #1)
  • Unbound (Dawn of Deception #1)
  • The Ides
  • Sniper's Nest (Detective Jesse McCord #1)
  • Premonition of Death (Fall of America #1)
  • The Fall (Burning Skies, #1)
  • Galdoni (The Galdoni, #1)
  • FIGHTING FOR SURVIVAL: It's survival of the fittest in a Post-Apocalyptic world (Pandemic Virus Series Book 1)
  • Slow Burn Box Set: The Complete Post Apocalyptic Series (Books 1-9)
  • Underground (The Tube Riders #1)
  • Peace Force (Harriet Walsh, #1)
  • Altered Genes: Genesis
  • The Last Orphans (The Last Orphans, #1)
  • The Shock (After, #1)
  • The Last Survivors: the Complete Series (Last Survivors #1-6)
Logan Brookfield was born in Birmingham, England and still lives there today with his wife and two dogs. When he's not writing you can find Logan cycling around the local countryside or walking along the beautiful coastal paths of Devon and Cornwall. ...more