Start by marking “How to be The Startup Hero: A Guide and Textbook for Entrepreneurs and Aspiring Entrepreneurs” as Want to Read:

I hope that this book will inspire you to act. To make that move. To fulfill your vision. I want to take you closer to your goal, whether that be starting a billion-dollar unicorn, building a revolution, or just helping you better understand that change of any kind starts with you. You can be the Startup Hero.

Startup Heroes are the ones that drive progress, and whether yo
Published December 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about How to be The Startup Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to be The Startup Hero

Joshua
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Eh. I really didn't get much out of this book. The vast majority of the book is about Tim Draper and associates, not really how to be a startup hero in the abstract. Draper mostly just shares his personal experience and his cringe worthy slam poetry (or rap, it's not really clear). Book should be called Startup Heroes Tim Draper Knows. There are some nuggets of wisdom, hence the three star review, but the vast majority are in the first few chapters--the ones before the poetry... But as the book ...more
Atleb
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Could have gone one more round towards product market fit

As it stands, the books isn't just a guide and a textbook, it is also (trying to be) memoir, War of Art, Seth Godin, collection of quotes and probably a bit more.

Probably more suitable for airport paperback use; grab it, jump around, skim a bit, read a bit, underline some stuff, pick it up a month later and read some more.
Kike  Hernandez
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
While the book itself is not the best read you will have this year, the ideas found inside are simply priceless. This is one of those books that instantly make you want to go out and change the world.
Herval Freire
Jan 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
An ego trip. That’s pretty much it.
Jake Hallac
Jan 08, 2019
David Cameron
Feb 23, 2018
Christopher
rated it did not like it
Jan 02, 2018
Arthur Lau
rated it it was ok
Apr 18, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Superconnector: Stop Networking and Start Building Business Relationships that Matter
  • My Thoughts Are Murder to the State
  • The Beginner's Guide To Winning The Nobel Prize: A Life In Science
  • Whiskey Distilled: A Populist Guide to the Water of Life
  • The Dark, Dark Night
  • Power Ambition Glory: The Stunning Parallels between Great Leaders of the Ancient World and Today . . . and the Lessons We All Can Learn
  • Escape from Paris
  • Harnessing Complexity
  • من سيرة الهر المنزلي
  • Bearing Witness: A Zen Master's Lessons in Making Peace
  • World After Capital
  • Dead: Reborn (Dead, #7)
  • Ultimate SAS Survival
  • APIs: A Strategy Guide
  • The Last Nizam: An Indian Prince In The Australian Outback
  • The Portable Abraham Lincoln
  • The Real Book - Volume I: C Edition
  •  Baltics
“Failure hurts, but failing is a part of the free market. It is a part of economic renewal. The nature of my business, and venture capital in itself requires me to accept failure. By my estimates, I have failed about 600 times to date. A willingness to fail allows me to take bigger risks with my investments, which on the whole has generated more extraordinary returns than if I had not been willing to fail. Nevertheless, I have experienced a few enormous failures that were hard to walk away from and equally hard to learn from. Here is one:” 0 likes