Start by marking “Death Logs In” as Want to Read:
Death Logs In

Death Logs In

(Michael Nicholas #2)

“A MASTER OF ‘NERVE-WRACKING TURNS’”—KIRKUS REVIEWS

Some of the most powerful people in the world want to kill Michael Nicholas. Only his brother Alex can save him—the problem is that Alex is dead.

It’s been almost a year since Alex Nicholas, a Queens-based underworld boss, was gunned down. After Alex’s brutal murder, Michael inherited not only his brother’s business, but his enemies. Michael isTURNS’”—KIRKUS
Published December 14th 2017 by Endeavour Media (first published October 6th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Death Logs In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death Logs In

Julie
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, mystery-shelf
Death Logs In by E.J. Simon is a 2014 Simon/Zef publication.

If you thought Death Never Sleeps was a doozy, wait till you get a load of this one.

After reading the first book in this series, I wondered what direction the story would take in the sequel. Well, the one thing I had feared would happen to Michael comes to fruition. While Michael attempts to keep one foot in the corporate world, it's his brother's legacy that really has his heart, body, and maybe even his soul.
The story starts off wi
Mark Rubinstein
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read "Death Never Sleeps" and found the premise of an "afterlife" via technology to be beautifully and believably portrayed. E J Simon had me believing/buying the premise of life after death through a computer. In less skilled hands, it would have been a tough sell. Now, with "Death Logs In" I found myself even deeper in the clutches of this skillful author who took me even further into the afterlife in the most believable way. I thoroughly enjoyed this sequel which kept me riveted. "Death Log ...more
Carol
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Death Logs in by E. J. Simon is part two of a smart techno thriller series. Even though I have read the first, Death Never Sleeps, I think that the author gives just the right amount of back story so you that you will not be lost if you have not read the first book.

This second book seemed even darker than the first one because of the entrance of the Sindy Scotto character. She had been a medical school student who dropped out and keeps her dark past hidden. She is irresistibly slender but well-
Melinda
I enjoyed Death Never Sleeps very much, I approached Death Logs In with zero reservations, I was once again curious as to where the author would go with this sequel. Not surprising Simon had my full attention and never disappointed.

Death Logs In is exciting, full of vivid characters, again twists and turns leaving the reader guessing, surprised and fulfilled. You whiz through the pages in a wild fast paced ride with never a dull moment to spare, you are on the edge of your seat.
Amy
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Death Logs In is the second installment from E J Simon's series, Michael Nicholas. The story continues with Michael Nicholas and his involvement in the investigation in the murder of his brother, Alex Nicholas. Michael is now a head of a major company, as well as, a CEO of Tartarus, an illegal gambling company. Alex is still communicating with Michael beyond the grave virtually. Only this time "virtual" Alex begins to set things in motion to save Michael's life, including from the bodyguard, Sin ...more
Laura Thomas
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, thriller
Book Two so I’ll try not to spoil it for you.

After reading the first book, Death Never Sleeps, I really liked Michael Cross. He was drawn into his brothers life, entered the world of sports betting and loan sharking, and came out of it intact. Well, not out of it. He”s still running his brothers business while maintaining his clean image as CEO of a large corporation. It’s the fact he’s still alive, is what I meant.

Right at the beginning, Michael does something that has m
Corny
Mar 25, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are many marvelous ideas in this thriller which has a novel use of artificial intelligence as its main premise. The descriptions of the mouth watering dishes at wonderful restaurants in Paris, Rome, Venice, Florence, New York and LA are also most enjoyable. Characters flit around Europe and the East and West Coast in the blink of an eye.Never saw people travel so quickly. You never quite know where anyone is supposed to be but they are always eating well, even in Westport CT!!
If you
Charlotte Lynn
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Death Logs in is the second book in the series by E. J. Simon. I highly recommend reading the first book before reading this one to have a better understanding of the characters and the circumstances of the story.

Once again E.J. Simon has captured my attention and kept in the entire book. While sci-fi like stories are something I usually pass at reading, I love this series. The story has murder, mystery, and romance along with some futuristic ideas. The fact that Alex is still in vir
Cindy Eastman
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish I hadn't started in the middle of this series, although this book is easily enjoyed as a stand alone novel. Now I have to go back and read the first one in anticipation of the next one!
Death Logs In has as many plot turns and twists as a plate of of spaghetti Bolognese. The story starts at once, drawing the reader in with rich descriptions of the characters, the setting and the food. (A word of warning...don't read this book hungry!) The delectable and tantalizing meals Michael Nicholas
Cheryl
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Death Logs In is the second book to Death Never Sleeps. While I liked the first book I really enjoyed reading this one. The first one took me a little while to get into it. Due to some of the set up of the storyline. It was not the case with this one. I was already familiar with Alex and Michael's story. So I was able to just jump right in and sit back and read this book. I like how this story took me all over the world. The stakes were definitely higher in this book. Michael has grown stronger ...more
Brooke Showalter (Brooke Blogs)
4.5 Stars
Review originally appeared on a href="http://bit.ly/1vRKrvy">Brooke Blogs.

Death Logs In by E.J. Simon is the second book in this exciting series. I really loved book two, even more so than the first book in the series. Death Logs In was captivating and full of action and suspense right from the beginning. Michael is still working his deceased brother's bookie business and balancing a CEO position in the corporate world. He is fearful
Leila
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Wow. Really. Wow.

I think this one was even better than the first!

It was full of action, suspense, thrills, lies, backstabbing, scheming. Wow.

Reading it would give me anxiety because there are so many people that I like – Michael, Samantha, the Lesters (just to name a few) and then you get these crazy people who know people who know people who know people and they are all corrupt. Seriously. Corrupt.

You don’t know who is a good guy or who is a
Lindsay
Death Logs In I really enjoyed this book. It the second in series. I really do not really go for these kinds of books. This one had me a after a few chapters. It was got some twist and turns. Alex is back and better. Alex helps his brother Michael out. Micheal deals with all kinds of thing that are going on. He does thing that his brother would have done if were alive.

Is Alex  alive and hiding somewhere or is he dead? Though Michael and Donna get some shocking news about Alex. Sindy
Julie
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a thriller with a difference and one that I thoroughly enjoyed. It didn’t matter that I hadn’t read the first in the series as this was easy to follow and gripped me from the start. The subject of living on in cyber space fascinated me and there was plenty of suspense too as we wait to see if the hero can outwit those trying to kill him. Some great characters too. However, I still can’t decide if the writer just has a vivid imagination or if this is the future of things to come? You’ll h ...more
Roughseasinthemed
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was looking forward to this after reading the first in the series, Death Never Sleeps.

The characters were equally as good, the plot was more complicated and seemed to lose its way slightly, but overall Simon delivered another good read, with some new characters, revelations and twists.

There were errors in the hard copy version I read, and I hope they get changed. There was also a glaring inconsistency with book one. Authors/editors, please check back with earlier books
MyAlias
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining and suspenseful.

I enjoyed the story because I am interested in the topic of artificial intelligence and all the possibilities that may come from it if the potential abuses of the technology are controlled and are ethical for the most part.
Dawn
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I chose to read this book after receiving a free copy. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

Michael Nicholas had a normal quiet life only a year ago until his brother, a bookie, was gunned down. Michael continued to work as a CEO in the corporate world but also took over his brother’s business and has done surprisingly well. In fact, he’s done so well that some people think his brother, Alex, is still alive. Alex isn’t alive, or is he? He had an AI duplicate
Monica Kelly
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Death Logs in by E. J. Simon is part two of an Artifical Intelligence series it is a fabulous technothriller. One of the main characters is Michael Nicholas his life turned upside down when his brother a bookie, was gunned down. This is where the AI comes into the thriller Alex isn’t alive or is he? Michaels character is growing and I’m not sure I like the man he is becoming.

I definitely recommend Death Logs In. “Death Logs In” is a great sequel. Characters are very interesting and a
Lenoire
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it

It has been almost a year since Micheal Nicholas has taken over his brother's business. He was finally able to identify his brother's killer but, now some of the most powerful people in the world wants Micheal dead. His only hope for survival may lie in his dead brother's hands.

Alex discovers that his brother, Micheal is in danger. Utilizing his brand new computer upgrade, Alex helps Micheal maneuver the dangers of the gambling business. Micheal hires the beautiful Sindy Steele
Truly
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Death Logs In is the second book in the Michael Nicholas book series and cannot be read has a standalone. This series gets better with each book as the characters evolve and the story line gets better. The story grows darker and more intense as new characters are introduced. The themes continue to grow in depth and become more complex with each page you read. There were several other things that I loved about this book that are sure to surprise you but I will leave that for you to discover.
ANNALISA
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Artificial intelligence.

This was a great story. I liked the mix of characters. Would love to know what's really up with Alex.
Jane Reads
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Death Logs In is another winner for Author E.J. Simon! This sequel is even more suspenseful and thrilling than Death Never Sleeps (also four stars). Death Logs In is fast-paced, with almost non-stop action, and hard to put down. I really enjoyed it! Because of the cliffhanger ending, I am very eager to read the next installment in Simon's Michael Nicholas / Death series.

Many of the characters from Death Never Sleeps return in Death Logs In. The main characters are the Nicholas brothers, M
Don Luciano
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book surprised me. I thought it would be tech heavy because of the artificial intelligence angle, but it wasn't. It was really smart and alarmingly suspenseful, literally some scenes had me on the edge of my seat - something a book hasn't done in a while.

The book has well rounded and lovable characters. I love the Sindy Steele character and can, easily, see her becoming her own series. This book moved so fast, I slowed down the read so it would last longer. Simply a great thriller. It has
Rosemary Cantrell
This is the second book in the series. Most of my feelings for this book are much the same as for the first. However, as this one went one, I felt like it was dragging a lot and I began to be bored with it. Michael was not a character I could really care about, so I would have been happy if he had just gotten killed. Of course, he searched out his potential murderer and the murderer of his brother Alex, with Alex's artificial intelligence personality's help.

I liked the first book more than the
JoAnna
May 17, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didn-t-finish
i gave it 15 chapters and just couldn't get into it. it was all over the place.
Nathan Tacy
Jun 04, 2016
sandra vanlaer
Aug 05, 2016
JoAnn
rated it did not like it
Dec 09, 2015
Jen
Sep 03, 2018
E. J. Simon was born in New York City and grew up in Queens. His parents were both from Greece, his father became a successful furrier on Manhattan’s Fifth Avenue in the 1950’s when mink coats were fashionable.

His mother grew up in Durham, NC and his annual travels back to Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill, NC to visit his mother’s family led to his love of the South.

As a young boy, his passions w

Michael Nicholas (3 books)
  • Death Never Sleeps (Michael Nicholas #1)
  • Death Logs Out (Michael Nicholas, #3)