Start by marking “Lies of the Beholder (Legion, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lies of the Beholder (Legion, #3)

Lies of the Beholder

(Legion #3)

Brandon Sanderson is one of the most significant fantasists to enter the field in a good many years. His ambitious, multi-volume epics (Mistborn, The Stormlight Archive) and Hugo Award-winning The Emperor's Soul have earned both critical acclaim and a substantial popular following.

In the Legion series, distinctly contemporary novellas filled with suspense, humor, and an e
Published November 30th 2018 by Subterranean Press (first published September 20th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Lies of the Beholder, please sign up.
Sylvain Martel It's not a placeholder price, it's the real deal. But the reason is that it's published by Subterranean Press. They only make deluxe edition or…moreIt's not a placeholder price, it's the real deal. But the reason is that it's published by Subterranean Press. They only make deluxe edition or limited edition.

As alternative, look for Legion: The Many Lives of Stephen Leeds. It's a compilation of the 3 stories, including this one, in ebook and hardcover format. (less)
Calvinist Batman Yes. Sanderson stated so in his last State of Sanderson post on his website.

Khurram
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the conclusion to the Legion trilogy. So much so I do not want it to end, I keep trying to think of new ways he could come back, or what his future holds.

Legion gets a message from his past that will definitely affect his future. He is given the choice of his life, but to find peace he must first face his nightmares.

It was awesome seeing these characters evolve and grow, I know Legion' s pain. Though the characters are not real I will miss them. A great story a bit on the short
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
[August 11, 2018]

Excerpt from the book available here!!

Argh, I miss Stephen Leeds' hallucinations so bad (view spoiler), why does this book have to be so bloody shrimping expensive?!

Our Lord Shrimp knows, Mr Sanderson and I have had our, um, differences, in the past. Nothing, um, major, mind you. Just slight, um, disagreements, about the, um, quality, of his writing abilities and stuff. Ever wonder why the whole world members of the Sanderson Cult put a boun
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
I still love Brandon Sanderson’s LEGION series and adore Stephen Leeds and his hallucinatory aspects, but “Lies of the Beholder” ... was kind of a letdown.

As “Lies of the Beholder” (the third and last novella in this series) begins, Stephen Leeds is giving a private interview to Jenny Zhang, a reporter who begins displaying far more insight into Stephen’s mental state and thought processes than he’s comfortable with. This uncomfortable interview is interrupted by a text from the long-missing San
Lo9man88
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I broke my fucking hiatus from goodreads to give my tow cents about this freaking book which is bad for me , me entering goodreads is like "Alec" entering wonderland i get lost pretty fast and for so long... Any who , i never thought i will be "dissing" a Sanderson's book in my life, but here i go: It felt so bad so shitty , near the end you have the impression that something is wrong that something is missing: it was just soo limp ,,, yes limp that's the exact word I'm looking for , it's like w ...more
Iryna *Book and Sword*
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
It’s all fun and games till you end up curled up in a ball crying for 10 minutes straight.

My WEBSITE
My INSTAGRAM
My WORDPRESS BLOG

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
I'm not sure I liked this one. 😬 Ima have to think about it for a couple of days.
Oskari
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't need to read a Brandon Sanderson book to know if it's going to be five stars.
Vignesh Ashok Kumar
Divine Anas
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sense8 fans and uhmm EVERYONE???
SANDERSON DID IT AGAIN. I never meant to get attached with the aspects nor to actually really love this novella but why dafuq am I ugly crying????????? (Hahahah who am I kidding?)
description
This final novella was truly an emotional and turbulent read and to say that my hear
Liam Degnan
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Easily - EASILY - The best of the series.

For such short novellas, these pack quite the punch. I read this following the release of Sanderson's "Legion: The Many Lives of Stephen Leeds", which is a single volume containing all three of these novellas. This conclusion really rounds it all out and brought a sense of closure to a set of circumstances and characters that I really didn't think would end impressively. Well done.

These are by no means hefty, but they do require a good deal of attention
Ezgi Tülü
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
I was so tired. Tired of being a test subject. Tired of imagining a world where everyone lived—had friends, fell in love, visited family—except me.
Tired of being the middle manager of my own existence.

On Legion kitabı daha olsa, onunu da okurdum. Ama yok. Bitmiş olması beni üzüyor.
Kira Thebookbella
This was the third and final book of the Stephen Leeds trilogy and I loved this so much. I just wish they were longer or there was more to the series.

Unlike most of Brandon Sanderson's works this is more of a contemporary mystery book. Steven Leeds manages his multiple personality disorder by externlizing them as separate personalities he interacts with. So he has a little multiple personality disorder mixed with sichzophenia. He sees and hears his personalities and interacts with them. Each pe
Manisha

Lies of the Beholder is the third and final book in the Legion trilogy, a sci-fi series written by Brandon Sanderson.

This is my second sci-fi series from this author, and I’m sad to say that the ending underwhelmed me.

GOODBYE MY FRIENDS:

I understand what Sanders
Karishma
A great book but a very disappointing and flawed ending.
Olga
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, digital, novellas
4.5*
Ashley
Well, I suppose it had to happen sometime. I'm rating a Brandon Sanderson book less than four stars. He's written about five million of them, so statistically this was a very likely outcome, eventually. And now it has, and we can all move on with our lives.

I really enjoyed the first two novellas in this series. The premise is great (a genius who has schizophrenia channels his illness into the creation of imaginary people who he calls aspects, all of whom are experts in one field or another). And
Kelsea
Sep 18, 2018 rated it liked it
(This is a review for the third novella only; the audiobook and bound hardcover of Legion released today includes all three novellas, but I've read the other two previously, so I skipped to Lies of the Beholder.)

AHHHHHH finally an end to this novella series!

And therein lies both the exciting part and the part that didn’t quite work for me.

I think if I had read all three novellas at once, my feelings may have differed? But since I waited so long for this book (including a teaser at ECCC seven mon
Mitticus
Apr 09, 2018 marked it as to-read

kind of odd that Legion The Many Lives of Stephen Leeds (Legion, #1-3) by Brandon Sanderson is expected in september, and the novella in november?
Bob Reiss
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the final novella of the trilogy, Stephen Leeds confronts his past and future and questions the very nature of reality. It’s a fitting final chapter for one if the most unique characters in modern fiction. Fast paced and head trippy, Sanderson manages a finale that is both fun and emotionally satisfying. Oliver Wyman is perfectly cast, since he has many voices living in his head as well, all pulls out all the stops in this finale.
John Doyle
Sep 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
A flat note in an otherwise good series.

Spoilers.

(view spoiler)
Krista Hansen
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
I loved the first two novellas in this series, but I wasn’t too fond of this one. This one is much more dark and melancholy. The plot was rushed and full of plot holes. There are still so many unanswered questions. The ending was not satisfying at all. It made for a disappointing conclusion to the series.
Paul
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not a case like the previous books but an interesting imaginative ending to the series
Stefano G.
***3 Stars*** A very confusing ending to one of Brandon's worst series.
The whole concept of the series is very interesting, but I don't think it works as well as intended. The plot is very confusing and in the end I still don't really understand what happened... I feel this story simply falls short of the greatness that Brandon is...

There are some Deus Ex Machina moments without the correct build up nor set up needed that characterizes this authors style. The main plot driver is the mysteriou
Melanie
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
This was by far the best Legion story in terms of plot and character development, but the ending left me confused. Well, the ending per se was very clear, I just can't make up how to feel about it. Underwhelmed might not be the best word to describe the feeling. Rushed up? Vague? Empty? Open? Dissatisfying? I feel like there isn't a precise word to describe it. Like... bad, but in a good way?

Oh well. The Legion trilogy is over and I never thought I was going to say this, but I'm actually slightl
Sam Gor
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wonder how this novella trilogy would be if it was a novel trilogy.

Again, things and characters are expanded and fleshed out. This time there's much more risk.

As Leeds is an unreliable narrator, it makes things much more interesting but I felt like due to its length, there was so much you could do with it. I wish there was more.

I wish there was another book. Maybe not a new trilogy as the concept is getting lacklustre as this is not a case of the book type of narrative but rather its an explor
Zaz
Is it the end? I'd like sequels!

If I enjoyed very much the previous 2 books, this one was the most satisfying and fun. Sanderson delivered some needed answers and, as usual, did well with the aspects. I enjoyed spending time with them and found Stephen as interesting as in the previous books. The interactions inside the team were good, even if maybe less deep than before. The secondary plot was compelling, with action, mystery and challenges. It wasn't religious or as dark as in the previous boo
Kirsty Cabot
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
A great addition to the Stephen Leeds books, I could happily read more stories in his crazy world.
Anish Kohli
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
27/12/18: RTC
Trelawn
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sad but fitting end. Truly sad in parts but beautifully written.
Siobhan
Dec 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Lies of the Beholder is the final novella in Brandon Sanderson’s Legion series, and it was an interesting end to the story. Although this wasn’t my favourite of the three stories, it was an interesting end.

In truth, Lies of the Beholder isn’t quite a full three-star rating. However, I enjoyed it so much it was close enough to round up. Of the three stories, this one sits in the middle of my favourites list – Skin Deep was my favourite, followed by Lies of the Beholder, with Legion being my least
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Lies of the Beholder [Oct 8, 2018] 34 16 Oct 15, 2018 09:59AM
  • Blood of Empire (Gods of Blood and Powder, #3)
  • Word Puppets
  • Active Memory (Mirador, #3)
  • John Golden: Freelance Debugger
  • Vigilance
  • Players at the Game of People
  • Cloak of War (The Empress Game Trilogy, #2)
  • The Burning White (Lightbringer #5)
  • Attack the Geek (Ree Reyes, #2.5)
  • Untitled Catalina Book (Hidden Legacy #6)
  • That Ain’t Witchcraft (InCryptid, #8)
  • Age of Death (The Legends of the First Empire, #5)
  • Barren (Demon Cycle, #5.5)
  • And Then There Were [N-One]
  • House of Assassins (Saga of the Forgotten Warrior, #2)
  • The Olympian Affair (The Cinder Spires, #2)
  • The Accidental Giant (Adventures of Kit Bristol #2)
  • The Cold Light of Day (Charlie Madigan, #5)
Brandon’s major books for the second half of 2016 are The Dark Talent, the final volume in Alcatraz Smedry’s autobiographical account of his battle against the Evil Librarians who secretly rule our world, and Arcanum Unbounded, the collection of short fiction in the Cosmere universe that includes the Mistborn series and the Stormlight
Archive, among others. This collection features The Emperor’s S

Legion (3 books)
  • Legion (Legion, #1)
  • Skin Deep (Legion, #2)
“It’s all just in our heads.”

“Who cares if it’s all in our heads?”

Finally she looked at me, frowning.

“Who cares?” I said. “Yes, it’s all in my head. But pain is ‘all in my head’ too. Love is ‘all in my head.’ All the things that matter in life are the things you can’t measure! The things our brains make up! Being made-up doesn’t make them unimportant.”
1 likes