Start by marking “Giant Spider & Me: A Post-Apocalyptic Tale Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Giant Spider & Me: A Post-Apocalyptic Tale Vol. 3

Giant Spider & Me: A Post-Apocalyptic Tale Vol. 3

(Giant Spider & Me #3)

THE BIG, FRIENDLY SPIDER

Oleg the hunter has dragged Nagi out into the woods in hopes of capturing Asa! Can the giant spider make it past Oleg’s ambush and save the day? The dangers of this post-apocalyptic world might be many, but when you’ve got a friendly, eight-legged companion at your side, things don’t seem so bad!

The final volume!
Published December 24th 2018 by Seven Seas (first published March 10th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Giant Spider & Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Giant Spider & Me

Start your review of Giant Spider & Me: A Post-Apocalyptic Tale Vol. 3
Shannon
Not sure why this ended since it could've easily gone on longer. It's a cute and fun story that's even serious at times, and the added recipes and focus on food was great, but three volumes just isn't really enough. I want to learn more about the people and the world and why there's even a giant that exists!

Oh well.
Sabrina
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The only thing I didn't like about this volume is that it is the last one in the series.

Asa and Nagi's friendship is so pure and sweet that I wish I could be with them as the continue their adventures together.

Nagi makes me want to be a better cook and try new recipes with confidence. Oh and I want a large spider friend to help me cook because I feel like that will make a world of difference.
Angie
I really enjoyed vol 1 but with the addition of more human characters I quickly became bored. I felt like they were all stereotypical manga characters and the real thing I liked about the series, the relationship and interactions between Asa and Nagi, was pushed to the backburner. Bummer city.
Ken Yuen
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-read
Volume 3 is the end! Not much story, but it's a cute recipe book.
Rebecca
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
At the end of the day, this manga is not only lovely on its own merits, but also tells a good story about how pets really can become our family.
Caroline
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fin d'une adorable petit série sur une jeune fille seule dans un monde post-apo qui rencontre une terrifiante araignée qui se révèle être une mignonne grosse bête qui adore les câlins. Ensemble elles vont se battre contre les à priori des gens du village et aussi faire du bon manger, car c'est quand même un food manga qui donne bien faim. Ce n'est clairement pas un manga qui changera la face du monde mais ça réchauffe le coeur et ça fait sourire et c'est déjà beaucoup.
Christina
This was a very cute trilogy that didn't seem like it could make up its mind which genre it wanted to be. I had so many questions about the post-apocalyptic side of things (view spoiler), but it's definitely worth the read if you don't overthink it! I would have happily read more volumes and gotten to know everyone better.
Becky B
The conclusion to the manga series about a teenage girl, Nagi, her companion, Asa, a monstrous-looking spider thing, with resolutions as to whether or not the town will tolerate Asa being around, if the hole in Nagi's roof will get fixed, and Nagi's loneliness. And of course, it includes lots of recipes and food along the way.

I'm sad this is the last book in this series. The book lightly explores how people respond to "the other" in many senses of the term, but you hardly realize it. It provides
Emmy
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This was a sweet end to a series that was over way too soon. I can't believe that it was only meant to be three books! Still, it was a fun read and I really enjoyed myself. Nagi and Asa are a great pair, And I really enjoyed their sweet and simple adventure. (Plus, I want to make several of these recipes!) All in all, a worthwhile read!
Sesana
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
The end of the series, though I suppose it could have gone on longer. Really, it's probably for the best. Not much was happening, and although I still liked Asa the strangely adorable giant spider and the cooking segments were still interesting enough, this premise would have worn thin after not that many more chapters.
Karissa Fast
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A precious final volume to a short and sweet slice of life manga. This first volume is by far my favourite, but I enjoyed every moment of the series. It is such a strange and delightful premise: after the apocalypse a 12 year old girl lives by herself and meets a giant spider. The girl loves to cook. The spider loves to eat. It's slow and adorable.
Kelly C.
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: clean-reads, manga
Kit Feral
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
My only complaint is three wasn't even close to enough volumes of this. It could have been so much longer and I was so curious about so many things. I do appreciate that this volume wrapped up well. Ugh so cuteee
The final book in the trilogy starts where the cliff hanger left off- a kidnapping and a hunter after Asa!

It ends cheerfully, as the community that Nagi has met along the way celebrates Christmas together. A feel-good ending for this unique series.
Dorcas
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it
The last in a 3 volume story and there are some loose ends that I'd still like to get wrapped up. She and Asa do find family and peace though, so there's that. This volume was especially full of recipes. Felt like more cooking than story.
Lara
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars overall for the series. Volume 1 is still my favourite as I love the relationship between Nagi and Asa. I would have liked some more explanations and exploration of the world but still such a lovely story about overcoming prejudices, self-made families and a huge furry spider!
Afia Bonsu
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
This manga was really cute and unique. I'm disappointed that it ended so soon.
Oda Citrus
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the series except for the fact that it has such a sudden end that leaves so many questions unanswered.
alicat
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this cute little monster series with yummy recipes.
Meaghan Steeves
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a beautiful series and it left my heart warm and many recipes I want to try. My only regret is that it's over so soon.
Devi
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nothing quite matched the first volume for me, but this was still adorable and gave me plenty of warm feelings. Sad to see it go, but I'll definitely be following the author.
Sheena Carroll
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A simple and sweet ending to a cute series!
Steph
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
that was good. glad these crazy kids turn out okay.
Chelsea
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, graphic-novels
I cannot believe that this is only a trilogy; I am going to miss this heartwarming tale about a girl and her post-apocalyptic spider creature friend Asa. Too cute for words.
Natalie
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The last volume in the series. I liked the sweet ending, and I always appreciated the friendships and food.
Shawna (BacchusVines)
Why can's this series be longer~! I am absolutely in love with Asa and Nagi!
Groovy
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
this whole series was educational and cute af

uhhhh probably too cute for me tho tbh, so i couldn't really give it a higher rating haha
Mercedes McLean-Wheeler
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another perfect volume. I’m sad that the series is over, but it’s nice that it was able to be a sweet, gentle story the whole way through.
Milo
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
All in all a really sweet and pleasent manga. I love the art style!
Angry Jellyfish
Nov 18, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• 極主夫道 1 (Gokushufudou: The Way of the Househusband, #1)
  • The Girl From the Other Side: Siúil, a Rún Vol. 7
  • とつくにの少女 6 [Totsukuni no shōjo 6]
  • サトコとナダ 1 [Satoko to Nada 1] (Satoko & Nada, #1)
  • ワンパンマン 16 [Wanpanman 16] (Onepunch-Man, #16)
  • Minuscule #1
  • My Solo Exchange Diary Vol. 2
  • BEASTARS 1 (Beastars, #1)
  • 特装版 魔法使いの嫁 9 [Mahou Tsukai No Yome 9: Limited Edition] (The Ancient Magus' Bride, #9)
  • 魔法使いの嫁 10 [Mahou Tsukai no Yome 10] (The Ancient Magus' Bride, #10)
  • アフターアワーズ 3 (After Hours, #3)
  • Beauty and the Beast Girl
  • Il mondo di Ran n. 1
  • ダンジョン飯 6 [Dungeon Meshi 6] (Delicious in Dungeon, #6)
  • I Married My Best Friend to Shut My Parents Up
  • The Delinquent Housewife!, 3
  • しまなみ誰そ彼 2 [Shimanami Tasogare 2]
  • しまなみ誰そ彼 1 [Shimanami Tasogare 1]

Giant Spider & Me (3 books)
  • Giant Spider & Me: A Post-Apocalyptic Tale Vol. 1