Start by marking “Of Blood and Bone (Chronicles of The One, #2)” as Want to Read:
Of Blood and Bone (Chronicles of The One, #2)

Of Blood and Bone

(Chronicles of The One #2)

The #1 New York Times bestselling author of the epic Year One returns with a new tale of terror and magic in a brand new world.

They look like an everyday family living an ordinary life. But beyond the edges of this peaceful farm, unimaginable forces of light and dark have been unleashed.

Fallon Swift, approaching her thirteenth birthday, barely knows the world that existed
Published December 4th 2018 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Of Blood and Bone, please sign up.
Virginia Oh Get over it! Fans of the Outlander Series wait 4 and 5 yrs for the next book in that series...so just chill! Either you ARE A FAN of the writer and…moreOh Get over it! Fans of the Outlander Series wait 4 and 5 yrs for the next book in that series...so just chill! Either you ARE A FAN of the writer and KNOW it's worth the wait or you are just spoiled and want everything right now! If the latter, just read an old series that is already completed so you can have your immediate gratification!(less)
Mary j otto I disagree with that statement regarding If Ms. Roberts heart is into this one. I believe that her heart is in this series because she wants to take…moreI disagree with that statement regarding If Ms. Roberts heart is into this one. I believe that her heart is in this series because she wants to take the time to write and perfect what she puts out for other; like us her fans to read and enjoy her books.(less)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
To all the people rating this book 1 star because Nora Roberts "PLAGIARISED" Tomi Adeyemi,

Nora Roberts is one of the most established ROMANCE authors for DECADES. She has written 100+ books and you're saying she COPIED Tomi Adeyemi's book Children of Blood and Bone??? It's laughable and embarrassing! These titles are common before Children of Blood and Bone exists.

Nora Roberts is a LEGEND. She can write any GENRE. Her books became my gateway to adult romance novels and I'll be forever thankful
Phrynne
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5000-books
At last I found out what happened to Katie and Fred and the babies, and all the others who managed to survive book one and make it into this, the second book in the trilogy. Let's be perfectly clear you must read Year One before you read this book or large chunks of it will be meaningless.

Of Blood and Bone is very much a middle book. It does not have all the fear and horror of Year One but instead it builds up the central characters and prepares us for the main event which is still to come. Ther
Linda Wagner
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If i could give this more than 5 stars I would! I had the opportunity to read an advanced reader copy of this book. This is book 2 of the Chronicles of the One. (If you didn't read the first book, you should do that before reading this one.) The story continues and gets darker, much more intense. As Fallon begins training for leadership and battle, she grows into a powerful young woman who knows what she must do to save the people she loves. Many parts of the story had me holding my breath, feel ...more
Brenda
Dreading, and knowing what she knew would happen on her thirteenth birthday, nevertheless when Mallick arrived on horseback to collect her Fallon Swift was shocked. Her parents were shocked, as were her brothers. But she was The One, and she had to learn to be The One – it would be two years before she would see her family again. Could she do it? Was she strong enough?

Although the Doom of thirteen years prior was over, the destruction and devastation of everything in the world was immense. The p
Stephanie L (catteabooks)
Dec 02, 2018 marked it as on-the-radar
I try not to make a habit of commenting on the dirty laundry of prominent authors--that's not what this site is for--but in light of the controversy surrounding this book and 'Children of Blood and Bone', I'm going to have to side with Ms. Roberts on this one. Her response to the accusation is absolute gold and though I've yet to read any of her books, I'm going to be very quick to remedy that, starting with this series. She's just shot to the top of my list of 'Ultimate Queens' for that alone.
Adah Udechukwu
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Of Blood and Bone is ridiculous. It is a disappointment to book 1. The novel is unnecessarily long and its action scenes are too far apart.
Nora Roberts definitely didn't write Of Blood and Bone. The novel is poor, really poor. There is too many gibberish.

Few sentences were dedicated to the Uncanny, Purity warriors and the Raiders and that's a bad thing.

Fallon got an owl, Fallon got a wolf, Fallon got a horse, Fallon got a magical book. Fallon, Fallon, Fallon.

The two star rating I gave the novel
Lou
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Of Blood and Bone, the second novel of the Chronicles of The One trilogy, is another expertly crafted story from Nora Roberts, and although it's stated that it works as a standalone I feel that it is better to have read Year One first as you get a deeper understanding of the plot, characters and world. Year One was a superb start to this fantasy series, but this is even better. I have trouble getting my head around the fact that Ms Roberts is not only a romance writer, but she can create a fanta ...more
☕ Kimberly
So good. RTC
Toni
Nov 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
I know that I am low man on the totem pole regarding this novel as it has gotten much well reviews but...................

Of Blood and Bone is a fantasy/dystopian novel book two in a trilogy. Although I did not read Book One, the prologue and first few chapters did well to acclimate me to the previous book so I felt this a good way to also introduce this as what could be a stand alone novel. For this point, Ms. Roberts did well.

The story revolves around Fallon, a soon to be 13 year old destined t
Tina
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Second installment in Nora Roberts' horror-fantasy-romance trilogy.

In some ways this feels more like a NR books than the first book in the trilogy which felt like NR was branching out a bit. This one had a lot of the familiar markers of her parnormal work. But one thing it didn't have was a central romance which actually does separate it from her other trilogy work.

Also most of the book was spent with a main character of who starts the book at age 13. I think a grand total of maybe 4 years pass
Dione
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nora Robert’s fans have waited a LONG year for this book. Of Blood and Bone is the second book of the Chronicles of the One trilogy. If you haven’t read Year One, I highly recommend you read it before you read this book. In Of Blood and Bone, we move forward about ten years and get to see glimpses of what life is like after the Doom virus destroyed most of the world. New Hope is apparently thriving while other places are rift with terror. Fallon Swift is tasked with literally saving the world be ...more
Michelle
Tessa Townsend
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book as part of a Goodreads giveaway.

First, if you haven't read Year One I suggest you do. While there is a brief recap in the prologue, I feel you need to read the first to get into the second.

Second, this is a different Nora Roberts than anything I have read before, and I have read 90% of her books. For that reason this book, as well as the first, was a little hard to get into. While her usual trilogies have a pattern (three men, three women, who pair up at the end of each of t
Brittany
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!! 🌟🌟🌟🌟

If you enjoy Post-apocalyptic, Dystopian, Survival... you get all three with this series, but, you also get Fantasy!!! This is only my 3rd book by Nora Roberts so I don't have much to compare it to but ya'll,.... I just love this series so far! I know she usually writes Romance, but these are in a totally different league and there is something in it for everyone !!

What a fantastic follow up to Year One. It succeeds Year One and tells the story of the rise of The One. I adored all
Jennifer (JC-S)
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
‘They said a virus ended the world. But it was magick, black as moonless midnight.’

This is the second book of Ms Roberts’s ‘Chronicles of The One’ trilogy, and I’d strongly recommend reading ‘Year One’ (book one) first. ‘Of Blood and Bone’ opens about a decade after the end of ‘Year One’. While most of the world has been destroyed by the Doom virus, the settlement of New Hope seems to be thriving. But elsewhere, vicious gangs of Raiders and the fanatics known as Purity Warriors roam. Those with
Nurse Lisa In Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
I do love the mind of a writer, you know? When Nora Roberts sets pen to paper, I’m always enchanted and this series has me hook, line, sinker. I remember when I placed my preorder; I was sooooooo sad I had to wait until December to read book two! Now I’ve devoured it and will likely have to wait a wholw ‘nother year for book three! 😥 waah!
Seriously, great series, expertly written, and beautifully edited. Superb.
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
In a way, this is a tough book to review and rate. On the one hand, I really liked it. It sucked me in from page one and I enjoyed every word. For me, reading a Nora Roberts book is like slipping into my coziest pajamas, blanket, and reading nook. She's a skilled author, and her writing and characters appeal to me on so many levels. So I genuinely enjoyed this book. I loved spending time with Fallon's family, observing the dynamic there and seeing, in small ways, the maturation of her brothers a ...more
Darcy
Betty
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review coming soon.
**Manjula ♥ Connor Cobalt**
Book of the year. This utterly gripping, amazing read. Every single word so thoughtfully written. I don't think any other author can match up to this.

I cannot wait for the next book! I am NOT joking.

Verdict : Yes, definitely 100 % yes, GO read it!
Lyn* Nomad *Worlds await*
OMG YES. This is what NR's writing is like. Way better than Year One. I can't wait for the next book.
Nicole Toft
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
An ARC. Pub date Dec 2018. More later, but Nora does not disappoint.
Jean Huber
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It doesn’t happen often, but sometimes the second book in a series ends up being even better than the first! Of Blood And Bone which is Book 2 in The Chronicles Of The One by Nora Roberts is a completely fresh and dark dystopian fantasy which bleeds right out of where her nail biting story left off in Year One. Where Year One had a more realistic yet ultra violent feel to the narrative, Of Blood And Bone gives readers a straight up dark fantasy with a hero origin story that readers will not soon ...more
Kath
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book two of the series, or the middle book of the trilogy, I'm still not 100% sure which but, the point is the same, please read Year One, the opener, before starting this book. Yes, we do have a bit of a recap in this one but I think it only really serves as a memory jogger rather than a catch-up of what you have missed and this book is oh so much better with a greater depth of knowledge of what has already happened.
I'm not a big reader of fantasy or dystopian books but I have to say t
Debbie Littley
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It has been almost a year since I picked up my copy of Nora Roberts new novel – Year One, and got completely engrossed with the dark magickal world she had created and now a year on and I find myself in possession of the second book in the series – Of Blood and Bone, and my comment from the first book still stands!

This book completely absorbed me and drew me in, I was hooked within the first few pages! I love to read pre-publication but in this case it will be a long time before I can read part
Trisha
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a 2 star book to me but I gave it 2 extra stars to offset some of the 1 star reviews given because a certain authors fans think NR needs to steal a book title.
Anyhooo... This book was nothing like the first book, it was more like a standalone YA novel and I was bored throughout. I will finish the series to see how it plays out none the less
Zainab
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am lost for words to describe the feelings I feel after reading this. It was everything I hoped for and more. It was so worth the wait (although I hated waiting for it). Thank GOD it’s a trilogy I don’t think my heart can take more waiting.
The next book is going to be released in November 2019 but I av already started my count down.
Sookie Cullen
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-5k
Love this story!
I'm anxious for book 3 next December.
I will definitely be re-reading books 1 and 2 late next year so the story is fresh in my mind.
Kim McGee
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
You've read her romances, her mysteries and now her fantasy which kicks serious butt. Book two finds us with a teenage Fallon who must go train to become "The One" and save everyone. The problem is that she is a teenage girl and yet she is also the savior which is the dilemma. This book has everything we have come to love about Nora Roberts - a great plot, characters we care about and now, a storyline that melds King Arthur's legends with a bit of "Game of Thrones" female toughness. This book wi ...more
Barb Lie
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Of Blood and Bone by Nora Roberts is the 2nd book in her Chronicles of The One trilogy. I loved the first book in this trilogy, Year One, and waited impatiently for Of Blood and Bone, and I have to say it is equally as good or even better as the first book and once again, I will wait with high anticipation for the final book in this trilogy. I have the utmost respect for Nora Roberts, who changes things with this dark dystopian fantasy, and still manages to gives us another masterpiece.

Note: Of

Chronicles of The One (3 books)
  • Year One (Chronicles of The One, #1)
  • The Rise of Magicks (Chronicles of The One, #3)