Start by marking “Of Blood and Bone (Chronicles of the One #2)” as Want to Read:
Of Blood and Bone (Chronicles of the One #2)

Of Blood and Bone

(Chronicles of The One #2)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  105 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
The #1 New York Times bestselling author of the epic Year One returns with a new tale of terror and magic in a brand new world.

They look like an everyday family living an ordinary life. But beyond the edges of this peaceful farm, unimaginable forces of light and dark have been unleashed.

Fallon Swift, approaching her thirteenth birthday, barely knows the world that existed
Expected publication: December 4th 2018 by St. Martin's Press

Win a Copy of This Book

• Of Blood and Bone by Nora Roberts
    Of Blood and Bone (Chronicles of the One #2)
    Release date: Dec 04, 2018
    Nora Roberts, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the epic Year One returns with Of Blood and Bone, a new tale of terror and magic in a brand ...more

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 4343 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Nov 05 - Nov 12, 2018

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Of Blood and Bone, please sign up.
    Virginia Oh Get over it! Fans of the Outlander Series wait 4 and 5 yrs for the next book in that series...so just chill! Either you ARE A FAN of the writer and…moreOh Get over it! Fans of the Outlander Series wait 4 and 5 yrs for the next book in that series...so just chill! Either you ARE A FAN of the writer and KNOW it's worth the wait or you are just spoiled and want everything right now! If the latter, just read an old series that is already completed so you can have your immediate gratification!(less)
    Frances I have just finished reading an advanced copy of Of Blood and Bone and while I do love Nora Roberts I have found that this series is reminding me of…moreI have just finished reading an advanced copy of Of Blood and Bone and while I do love Nora Roberts I have found that this series is reminding me of Stephen Kings The Stand only with magic and supernatural elements mixed into it. The rituals in many ways rituals are very similar to the ones in The Pegan Trilogy. This series so far as made me think that Ms. Roberts heart really isn't in it...not like it was in others.
    (less)

Linda Wagner
    May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    If i could give this more than 5 stars I would! I had the opportunity to read an advanced reader copy of this book. This is book 2 of the Chronicles of the One. (If you didn't read the first book, you should do that before reading this one.) The story continues and gets darker, much more intense. As Fallon begins training for leadership and battle, she grows into a powerful young woman who knows what she must do to save the people she loves. Many parts of the story had me holding my breath, feel ...more
    Toni
    Nov 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
    I know that I am low man on the totem pole regarding this novel as it has gotten much well reviews but...................

Of Blood and Bone is a fantasy/dystopian novel book two in a trilogy. Although I did not read Book One, the prologue and first few chapters did well to acclimate me to the previous book so I felt this a good way to also introduce this as what could be a stand alone novel. For this point, Ms. Roberts did well.

The story revolves around Fallon, a soon to be 13 year old destined t
    Michelle
    Nicole Toft
    Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
    An ARC. Pub date Dec 2018. More later, but Nora does not disappoint.
    Debbie Littley
    Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    It has been almost a year since I picked up my copy of Nora Roberts new novel – Year One, and got completely engrossed with the dark magickal world she had created and now a year on and I find myself in possession of the second book in the series – Of Blood and Bone, and my comment from the first book still stands!

This book completely absorbed me and drew me in, I was hooked within the first few pages! I love to read pre-publication but in this case it will be a long time before I can read part
    Dione
    Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    Nora Robert’s fans have waited a LONG year for this book. Of Blood and Bone is the second book of the Chronicles of the One trilogy. If you haven’t read Year One, I highly recommend you read it before you read this book. In Of Blood and Bone, we move forward about ten years and get to see glimpses of what life is like after the Doom virus destroyed most of the world. New Hope is apparently thriving while other places are rift with terror. Fallon Swift is tasked with literally saving the world be ...more
    Heather
    Second books in a series or trilogy typically have more character development than action. Nora Roberts ignores that in her sequel to Year One. Of Blood and Bone pulls readers along at a breakneck pace. Of course, it has to, as it spans over twelve years.

Focusing primarily on Fallon Swift, The One, Of Blood and Bone takes readers through her training and preparation. At the same time we keep up with characters introduced in Year One. It's a juggling act that could get confusing, but Roberts tran
    Kim McGee
    Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
    You've read her romances, her mysteries and now her fantasy which kicks serious butt. Book two finds us with a teenage Fallon who must go train to become "The One" and save everyone. The problem is that she is a teenage girl and yet she is also the savior which is the dilemma. This book has everything we have come to love about Nora Roberts - a great plot, characters we care about and now, a storyline that melds King Arthur's legends with a bit of "Game of Thrones" female toughness. This book wi ...more
    Kim
    Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
    While not the action-packed tome Year One was, Of Blood and Bone gives the reader some beautiful character development. Though boasting more than 450 pages, Roberts' upcoming novel felt like a quick read. The narrative flowed smoothly and the action that was present was important to the story line. There was no action for action's sake. One thing I would recommend is to give yourself a refresher course on the characters, because there is a large cast, and it's easy to lose track of who is who be ...more
    Dylan  Iovene
    Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    What an incredible sequel to Year One! Packed with my favorite combinations for a book, adventure and magic, Nora Roberts does not disappoint with this novel! She seamlessly stitches together characters of old and new bringing them together in this new, magical, and sometimes dark world. This book and series is a great mixture of Sci-Fi, fantasy, thriller, and dystopian making a true must read for any fans of these genres.
    Eileen
    Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it
    This is the second in a trilogy, and I felt like it was a placeholder. This can happen in some trilogies, where the book just does not move the story forward. The book loses its momentum. The only real excitement was in the last chapter of the book. We had great character development into Fallon –the One; however, I missed some of the great voices from the first book.
    Ampersand Inc.
    Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: ali-s-reads
    This book follows the childhood of Fallon, who apparently is the One who is going to save the world. It felt a bit more like a classic Nora Roberts book than the first one did. I really enjoyed it, and am looking forward to book 3!
    Pat
    Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    I am hooked on this series. I received this advanced copy from the publisher. An unexpected surprise. I downloaded book one and immediately read them both. The downside is having to wait for book three. A good read and you won't be disappointed.
    Jul 07, 2018 rated it liked it
    Shelves: dystopian
    Sequel to the One.
    Billie
    Oct 19, 2018 rated it liked it
    I'm enjoying the books, but they are feeling a bit like a lot of other things I've read.
    Kathy Lautenschlager
    Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: dystopian
    So glad Nora Roberts has chosen to write in this genre. I got my hands on an advance copy of this book. Then passed it to a friend. Only one problem - now I'll have to wait even longer for Book 3!
    Amber
    Idokonizy Amuche
    rated it it was ok
    Sep 18, 2018
    « previous 1 3 4 next »

Chronicles of The One (2 books)
    • Year One (Chronicles of The One, #1)