Start by marking “Dagger's Edge (Brute Force #2)” as Want to Read:
Dagger's Edge (Brute Force #2)

Dagger's Edge

(Brute Force #2)

#1 bestselling author Lora Leigh is back--with a vengeance--in her latest novel of passion and intrigue, Dagger's Edge, featuring the men of Brute Force.

Ivan Resnova wants nothing more than to escape his hard, brutal past. Starting over is not so easy once you've been a powerful crime boss but now, instead of being punished for his alleged crimes, Ivan fears that the one
Mass Market Paperback, 293 pages
Published August 28th 2018 by St. Martin's Press

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
1 I just can't do it Stars

Sorry but I'm tappin' out at 20%. I don't think I have ever DNFed a Netgalley book, but I honestly can't take anymore of this. I wanted to quit as soon as I got 3 pages into the prologue because I had no clue what was going on. I held out and read 3 more chapters. When I got to chapter 4 and I was still bored, and uninterested I knew it was time to give it up.

The fact of the matter is this book confused and bored me to death. The whole prologue I was thinking what th
Liz
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arc
★3.5★
"It was all I could do to stay away."
description

Dagger's Edge is the second book in the Brute Force Series. Each book can be read as a stand-alone. Ivan Resnova is a Russian Mobster who is considered to be royalty. He has faced great trauma in his life and his experiences have made him hard. Crimsyn "Syn" Delaney also comes from a crime family who is guilty of some of the atrocities committed against Ivan. When Syn finds herself in a forced engagement with a family friend, she will do anything to es
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC received for this review

When I was looking at this book before I requested it, I saw it was an author I liked and the hero was a Russian, so of course I requested it. When I got it, I saw it was a second book. I had to go see if I had read the first....I had and oh no, I said I didn't want to read this one. I said I try it and if I have to DNF it I will. But I loved it.

The prologue messed me up. I'm like who are these people, but it all becomes clear. I was prepared to hate Ivan, but he was
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Great story full of passion and suspense. Definitely read book 1 first!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have to say it took me a few chapters to get into the story. The prologue completely lost me. I actually thought about not continuing the book because I had no idea what it was trying to say. I felt like I was thrown into the middle of a scene. This book is obviously a part two in the series.

Thankfully, I decided to put aside trying to find follow plot and just read. Once I did that and opene
Beth
Holy Hotness Batman!!!!

Known for explosive, erotic, suspense-filled romances, Lora Leigh brings it all, fast and hard in Dagger’s Edge.

Dagger’s Edge is a story about the daughter of a ruthless and corrupt businessman, who gets caught up in a war for power. Her only hope is another criminal…an older man…from her past…that she fell for years ago…

Heavy on the steam, Leigh totes that fine line of balancing plot with pleasure in this sizzling hot romantic suspense. This is not a light-hearted read, b
Melanie
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Dagger’s Edge was an exciting and fast-paced read with a great suspense plot and an incredibly sexy romance.

Crimsyn "Syn" Delaney thought she managed to outrun the danger that has plagued her for the last four years. When danger finds her again, she turns to Ivan Resnova for help. Syn thought her time with Ivan had passed and never expected to see him again, but with danger at every turn Ivan may be the only one who can help Syn to safety even if it means risking her heart in the proces
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
After meeting Journey (aka Syn) in book one, I was definitely interested in the intense chemistry brewing between her and Ivan. I loved that this opens up almost immediately after the events of Collision Point and that we get such a potent history that connects the MCs on a level deeper then just the physical.
"Believe in me, Syn, as I believe in you . . . just believe."

Their bonkers courtship worked for me and I found myself really enjoying Ivan and Journey's love story. It was sexy and an
Dianne
Well, THAT sent my Kindle into meltdown! Who says your knight in shining armor can’t be a brutal and powerful crime boss? I mean, come on, is anyone perfect?

Lora Leigh’s DAGGER’S EDGE is an erotic love story, so leave your blush at the door and grab the fan as one crime boss’ daughter goes on the run to avoid becoming the “grand prize bride” and falls into the arms and bed of her father’s greatest enemy, the older man she secretly fell for years ago. Toss in some suspense, a mob shoot out or two
Vikki Vaught
This is the second book I have read by Lora Leigh, and I enjoyed it for the most part. Thanks go to the publisher, via Net-Galley, for the chance to read and review in advance of publication. Dagger’s Edge is an action-packed romantic suspense novel that walks the edge of erotica.

Ms. Leigh writes fantastic suspense scenes that had me nibbling on my nails, waiting to find out what would happen next. It quickly drew me in, and I had a hard time putting it down. This is a plot-driven story
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
I was so excited to have been given the opportunity to read the second book in the series, but I'm sad to say that I didn't enjoy it as I was hoping too. It didn't even feel like a Lora Leigh book, it felt as some one else wrote this story and she just stamped her name on it. Over the many years I have been reading, I have read a lot of this authors work, and this just was not up to par.

The plot to this one was just off, I like the idea but it didn't do anything to make it stand out. The love st
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Dagger's Edge by Lora Leigh is book Two in the Brute Force series. This is the story of Journey “Syn” Delaney and Ivan Resnova. I have read the previous book but feel you can make this a standalone book if you wish to do so.
Ivan worked his way out of his criminal past but then he meet up with Syn again. Syn is on the run to save her life after being betrayed. Along the way she runs into Ivan her friend Amara's father Ivan. Syn has always had a slight crush on Ivan. Now, with danger closing in o
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
I am a lover of Lora Leigh and her various series. This just happens to be my first read in this series. Ivan was hot and sexy and could be a very cruel and brutal man. One way to see that side of him was the threatening the one person in the world he loved more than life, Syn. Syn found herself able to breath again. To live life like it should have been, but someone does not want her to step too far in to freedom and light. Syn soon finds that she was not away from the life she left behind. She ...more
Astraycat
# Not recommend to read as standalone.

H was the father of h in Collision Point (Brute Force, #1). Both H and h's families were dark and sad and twist. If you were familiar with the author's previous series, you'd understand how evil that can be. Still, they fell in love under a dangerous circumstance although it took a while for them to believe they had the ability to love.

Stubborn H and h, check. Alpha male H, check. Strong-willed h, check. A lot of hot scenes, check.

If you've read Elite Ops se
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Smoldering chemistry between a secretive femme fatale and a dangerous crime boss will pull a reader into this erotic tale. Ivan Resnova who first showed up in the Collision Point as the overbearing and protective father is now focused on the girl who is now a woman. Crimsyn "Syn" has been on the run from her family. She is at the wrong place at the wrong time when she is exposed to the true colours of the men in her life - fiance, father and grandfather. When she escapes them and goes on the run ...more
Lesley
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
The one word that went through my mind as I read this book was...huh? I was lost reading the first book and that trend continues in the second installment of the series. This book revolves around Ivan, Amara's (heroine from book one) father and her friend twenty-six year old Journey/Crimsyn. Ok - the book should have pointed out earlier that Ivan fathered Amara at 13. I pictured a 50-60 year old hero and thought it was ridiculous when they pointed out he had no gray hair and found it creepy he'd ...more
Jenna
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I haven't been this disappointed in a LONG TIME.
I'm not sure what happened with this book. It definitely wasn't up to par with what I expected from this author. While the story idea was fantastic, the execution fell flat. Even though I know this is a work of fiction, I struggle with incorrect information being presented. I really hope that and editor does a little fact checking and combs through this with a fine toothed comb.

There were a few things that were off putting to me about this story.
Eva Millien
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ivan can’t forget the one woman he can’t forget is in danger of paying the price for his alleged crimes and Crimsyn “Syn” Delaney needs Ivan to keep her safe even if she is danger of falling deeply and dangerously in love.

Ivan and Syn are two strong and persuasive characters that really attract readers to them with their charismatic appeal and the electrical chemistry that flares between them. The relationship is full of ups and downs, emotional issues and secrets that not only threaten the rela
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Dagger's Edge is Ivan and Journey's story. We got introduced to them as side characters in book one. Ivan is Amara's father who was the heroine in book one. Journey, known as Crymson in book one befriended Amara for reasons I was not sure of at that time. Journey is the daughter of Ivan's enemy who has been running from her family for years.

While you don't really learn anything important about Ivan and Journey's relationship in book one, there are many side characters in this book that make it
Nadine Bookaholic
2.5
Unfortunately I really couldn’t connect with the characters but hey the sex scenes were HOT!
Review to follow
Tina Christopher
Aug 04, 2018 rated it liked it
A tense and sexy read with a lot of twists and turns. At times the twist felt a little overly complicated and the repetition of how evil the villains were felt a little forced. Still, the romance between Ivan and Journey was well crafted and as characters they worked well together. Strong chemistry.
The setup for the next book was mysterious enough to draw me in.
Overall a great read that had me finish in just one sitting. Solid 3.5
Thank you to St. Martin’s and NetGalley for the ARC.
Iman
Sep 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
Baffled, I have so many questions :
She is the cousin of a queen...but which?
How could a crime lord family be related to royalty?
For f*** sake, did she have to be a virgin?
Is her former fiancé MI6? What do British secret services have to do with the story? (Does that mean the h is the favourite cousin of the queen of England?)
Sooo he has a daughter that’s almost the same age....that he had in his teens?and that’s not disturbing anyone?

Honestly, please comment if you have the answer to any of the
Carvanz
This was much more thrill and suspense oriented than I anticipated. From the very beginning it was one wild race for safety after another as Journey tries to run from her past and the dangers that still threaten her present. When Ivan steps in, she knows that he will kill her once he learns who she really is but perhaps making a deal with the devil could save her in the end, even if she doesn’t believe in fairy tales.

I enjoyed this story despite not remembering the details of the previous one. I
GONZA
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I have been waiting so long for this book, since the first one I was wondering about Ivan and Syn and I finally got my fill of them. I have to admit that a better editing is necessary but i still enjoyed the ride a lot because, you know....Lora Leigh....

Stavo aspettando questo libro da almeno un paio d'anni e finalmente ho avuto la mia dose di Ivan e Syn! C'è da dire che questo libro necessita un buon editing, ma comunque mi sono divertita a leggerlo perché stiamo sempre parlando di Lora Leigh..
Amelyn Randall
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I almost DNFed and gave this one star!

Keep reading, and trust in Lora Leigh to deliver a great story. The first 14-20% is confusing and appears to be instalove, which I loathe. I almost had given up, but I am glad I stuck it out. By 80% it picks up and flies you so close to the end that you are sad it’s almost over.

I adore our heroine, Journey, with her red hair and firey personality to go with it. She’s a lonely runner who has never known real love, not from her parents or anyone. She trusts no
Rise
I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Oh WOW, I really loved this book. Now I see that I have to go back to read Elite Ops series in order to understand everything that happened. Although the story had me lost for a moment I had to go and do my research to see where all the characters had come in and noticed that I missed a series with these people.

I loved the alpha male in Ivan. This was a man who got what he wanted and had no fear of it being taken from him once he g
Debra Taylor
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Lora Leigh did her usual outstanding job on this book !

Dagger's Edge is the second book in the Brute Force series, and folks, this one was loaded with action, suspense, and passion. The author captivated my entire attention with Ivan and Journey's story. At heart it was a classic love story where love conquers all else. Let me tell you that this couple had a lot of conflict to overcome. There was a deadly feud, passion, betrayal, and of course, a big mystery to be solved before Ivan and Journey
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
I absolutely love this series!! I adored Collision Point, the first book in this series, but was so intrigued by Ivan and Jouney's story. You could tell from the first book that there was a story there between them and honestly it rocked my socks off!

Dagger's edge was everything I love in a romantic suspense story. It was sexy and intense with adrenaline pumping moments. I loved Ivan and Journey/Syn. Their connection was fiery and I could not stop reading. I was addicted to every word. I love ho
Kali McQuillen
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-arc, 2018-read
On the edge of your seat kind of book!!!! Ivan has always noticed Journey even when he knew he shouldn't. When she needed him most, he shows up but then they lost touch. He did everything he could do to find her but it was like she fell off the face of the earth.

Fast forward 4 years and there she is. He's finally found her or has she found him? Makes no difference to him, he wants her and will do whatever it takes to have her and keep her. She has other ideas.

Will they be able to stay ahead of
Lisa
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was at least as enjoyable as book one in the series! I will admit, I still feel like I'm a little lost, like this is a spinoff of a previous series and a bunch of events and couples I didn't read about. But if you can look past that, and I could, this was spicy and hot, action-packed and filled with suspense.

Ivan is a scary guy-with a mushy center for his daughter and for the woman he loves. He's definitely not someone you want on your bad side. But he is someone you would want in your bed!

• Dial M for Menage
  • Christmas in the Billionaire's Bed (Kavanaghs of Silver Glen, #3)
  • A Shot of Red
  • Cowboy Behind the Badge (Sweetwater Ranch, #2)
  • Cowboy, Cross My Heart
  • What the Greek's Money Can't Buy (The Untamable Greeks, #1)
  • The Morning After (His to Possess, #2)
  • Through the Fire (Rocky Mountain K9 Unit, #4)
  • Salvation (Nashville Nights, #2)
  • Crossing the Line
  • Undying Desire (The Enclave, #3)
  • The Billionaires: The Stepbrothers (Lover's Triangle, #3)
  • Claiming Her Warriors (Lumineta, #2)
  • The Billionaire's Intern (Billionaire Fairy Tales #3)
  • Gambling with the Crown (Heirs to the Throne of Kyr #1)
  • Catch a Tiger by the Tail (Their Furever Mates #2)
  • Save Me (O'Brien Family, #5)
  • Darkness Eternal (Guardians of Eternity, #7.6)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more

Brute Force (3 books)
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
  • Lethal Nights (Brute Force, #3)