Start by marking “The Cafe at Seashell Cove” as Want to Read:
The Cafe at Seashell Cove

The Cafe at Seashell Cove

(Seashell Cove #1)

Welcome to the Café at Seashell Cove, where you’ll find irresistible home-baked cakes, smiling friendly faces – and maybe even a second chance at love…

When Cassie Maitland needs a holiday from her glamorous but stressful job in event management, she escapes home to gorgeous Seashell Cove, where her family’s cosy café sits perched on the cliffs above sparkling waves and go
Published March 15th 2018 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about The Cafe at Seashell Cove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cafe at Seashell Cove

Melisa
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Karen Clarke has become a fast favorite for light, humorous reads with a dash of serious topics thrown in for good measure. For someone who reads a lot of thrillers, it’s imperative to break them up with characters who put a smile on my face and make me laugh out loud. And that is exactly what you’ll find when you pick up one of Clarke’s novels.

Cassie has returned home to Seashell Cove after being sacked from her glamorous, high stress event planning position in London. Yet everyone is under th
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, kindle-version
4 seashells to The Cafe at Seashell Cove and a new author to love! 🐚 🐚 🐚 🐚

I’ve been searching for an author that compares to early Sophie Kinsella and Anna Maxted, zany British humor, easy reading. Karen Clarke just may be her! Highly recommended by my friend, Melisa, The Cafe at Seashell Cove was a delightful read!

When Cassie loses her job in London, she moves back home to Seashell Cove where her family has the coziest seaside cafe. Of course, Cassie hides the truth of why she’s there from he
Whispering Stories
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

Cassandra (Cassie) Maitland, has returned to her family home in Seashell Cove for a short break, well that is what she has told her parents. The truth is, she has been fired from her high flying executive job in event managements and had to give up her home in London. She can’t face telling her parents what really has happened as they are so proud of what she has achieved.

Knowing that the company she worked for won’t give her a reference, she d
Amy
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
This book opens with Cassie interrupting her parents in an…AHEM intimate moment and I about fell out of my chair laughing, I just knew I was in for a good time and was I ever right! It was hysterical and really set the tone for how fun this story was. Clarke is one of my favorite authors to turn to when I need a pick me up, she achieves that perfect balance between humor and romance that works so well for me.

Cassie returns home sort of down on her luck, she’s been fired from her London job and h
Holly
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, netgalley
If you’re looking for a light hearted fun book, I recommend giving this book a try. After Cassie loses her job in London, she goes back to her parents in Seashell Cove. Afraid she’ll disappoint her family by telling them the truth, she simply says she’s visiting for a break before she goes back to London. While there she tries to get more business for her parents cafe, even though they are busy as it is. Cassie is too concerned about proving to herself about what she wants she’s not seeing what ...more
Donna Maguire

I love this author's books, they at the kind of ones that make you feel all warm and cosy inside! As soon as I saw the blurb for this one I knew I wanted to read it and oh my goodness that cover is gorgeous!!

I loved the plot for this one and the pace was spot on, I flew through the story and really enjoyed it. Seashell Cove is definitely the kind of place that I would like to visit and the locals don't seem that bad either! A lovely writing style and a fan
Noelle
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG what a deliciously GORGEOUS read!

A journey of rediscovery and new beginnings, passion and following your dreams while also realising that nothing stays the same.

I have to say that the opening chapter had me both laughing out loud as well as gagging a bit - I mean no one wants to see or believe their parents are ...well.. you'll have to read the book to find out more about that!

I loved the characters, none too perfect and all just right for the story. So well written, I almost wanted to searc
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I really enjoy this authors books. Having been dealt with a personal loss recently, I didn't fancy my usual crime reads as wanted something light hearted that would cheer me up. Well The Cafe at Seashell Cove certainly did just that.

Cassie's family are just wonderful. Her nan is a bit of an eccentric but so full of life. Her mum and dad are your typical loving parents who certainly arn't lacking anything in their own relationship. Like Cassie, I could feel myself getting slightly embarrassed at
Shalini
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cassandra comes home, after being fired from her event management job in London, back to Seashell Cove and finds everything changed. The Cafe has modernized, her brother Rob has left the band to become a teacher, her best friends are back home and working at/near the Cafe, an old crush Danny is everywhere she goes, her prim and proper Nan is going au naturel, including an outdoor outhouse (if you know what I mean)

Coming back home to lick her wounds and start her own business, but finding everyth
Noelle
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
OMG what a deliciously GORGEOUS read!

Joanne D'Arcy
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first in a new series of books from the author Karen Clarke, who in 2017 gave us the Beachside series. This time we are in Seashell Cove and quite frankly I want to move there straight away, it seems to be a hive of activity.

Cassie long since left Seashell Cove but she has come back home because she needs a break from her career - well that is what she is telling anyone who asks and probably is trying to convince herself as well.

To keep herself occupied Cassie decides to breathe some
Eve beinguniquebooks
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Returning home to her parents and their business of the cafe they run, Cassie finds herself looking for a new event planning job and possibly being self employed doing so, after losing hers in London meanwhile her brother is also back at their parents after taking a break from touring in his band and dealing with his girlfriend issues.

As Cassie settles back into life back home, she discovers it's actually possibly just what she needed despite the initial shock of all her old school school friend
Sharlene Hammond
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars
I really enjoyed this book. I’ve never really been drawn to chick-lit...I seemed to have been more intrigued by thrillers and historical fiction. But I think I may have found a new favorite genre. Cozy, sweet, rom-coms are such a breath of fresh air in this crazy world we live in.

The characters in this book were genuine and magnetic. Super cute story that would make a perfect Hallmark movie. Just sayin’.

I can’t wait to read the next one in the Seashell Cove series.
Karen Clarke...you’v
Karen Mace
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It always helps when you find yourself laughing at the antics of the characters from page one, and that is what I found myself doing with this book as Cassie returns home to visit her parents! Her parents are so proud of the life she has found herself in - working hard as an events planner - and are always imagining her living such a glamorous lifestyle. The reality is not quite that good and Cassie has returned home as she's been fired and now doesn't know what she wants to do with her life.

As
Rachel Gilbey
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a refreshing change for a book that feature the word Cafe in the title to not be completely about food and life in the cafe! The book is really about Cassie who has returned to her home town after working in London for years, to try to set up her own events planning business, and intending to run a series of events at her parent's cafe to build up local contacts.

Given she had been working as an event planner in London, a fact her parents continually boast about, should mean that things go
Nicola Clough
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've read a few of Karen's books now but this one is totally amazing best one by far and so heartwarming while funny as well. Full of families beautiful seaside countryside and romance and about finding out what is best for you and being happy. Highly recommend this book loved it from the first page it has you hooked.
Cassie has been working in a high flying job and and needs to get away and she looses her job so decides to head home to her parents to find out what is best for her and she heads
Kim
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley, 2018
Karen Clarke has such a lovely writing style. You are quickly drawn into the story, meeting the characters and the setting and immediately feeling at home.

Cassie has left her high flying job as an event planner and come home to lick her wounds. She doesn't tell her family that she was fired- or that it wasn't the dream job she suggested it was.

She meets up with old friends and soon feels the comfortable draw of her hometown. She wants to make a mark on her family café- but are her parents really
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

If you think that this book is just going to be a calm and serene read with oodles of tea at your fingertips, think again. 'The Café at Seashell Cove' is more than a cup of PG tips or a warm cheese scone - A LOT more. Even though Karen Clarke injects a large dose of comedy into her storyline, she also fills the storyline with multiple scenarios her readers will be guaranteed to relate to.

Cassie has decided to visit her
Agi
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it

In "The Cafe at Seashell Cove", after losing her job as an event planer after one too many mistakes, Cassie comes back home to her parents in Seashell Cove. Of course, she's afraid they're going to be disappointed in her losing her job, especially as they are so, so proud of her, boasting about her and her high - flying job in London, so she simply says she's on holidays. However, while at home, she wants to try to start her own event - planning business and her parents' cafe is the perfect tria
Stacey
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
All reviews can be found on my blog: thecosiestcorner.blogspot.com

Words cannot express how much I enjoyed this novel, it was so easy to read, light-hearted and hilarious that I couldn't put it down.

The story follows main character Cassie, on her return home to Seashell Cove (which just sounds like the most delightful place ever - I now want to live there!) after being fired from her job as an events manager. Cassie is upset that she's lost her job and is too frightened and ashamed to tell her pa
Simona
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
*Book provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review*

In this story we follow Cassie Maitland, an event manager, who takes a break from her stressful job and goes back home.

There a lot of things have changed. Her parents now have a successful little café, her friends Meg and Tilly have a new and totally different lifestyle and then there is her old flame Danny. All this calls for an interesting storyline and excitement.

Cassie starts coming up with ideas for her parents’ café, some are
Diane
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Cafe At Seashell Cove by author Karen Clarke is a delightful comedy with fun characters. Cassie Maitland has gotten fired from her job in London and goes home. She is mortified at the experience of losing her job as an event planner with a high profile company. No way is she going to let her folks know what has happened, so she just lets them think she is home for a holiday. So begins Cassie's misguided attempts to prove to herself that she can make changes to her parent's cafe and increase ...more
Leona
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a lovely sweet book which I really enjoyed . In really am becoming an massive fan of Karen Clarke. Her books while easy to read tell a lovely story and I love the characters . Perfect holiday read.
Emma Crowley
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
loved this book so much I devoured it in one sitting as I couldn't bear to leave it out of my hands once I had picked it up. The Café at Seashell Cove has such a lovely title and an equally as gorgeous cover that conjures up so many beautiful images in one's mind. It was nice to have a new setting for Karen Clarke's books as I was beginning to think the books set in Shipley had naturally run their course and something new and fresh was needed. That was certainly what I found here in spades as w ...more
Gaele
Cassie has returned home to Seashell Cove with a big secret, plenty of questions and a determination to reframe her life. She used the last bit of her trek from London to gather her thoughts – and surprises her parents in a topless clinch on the sofa. Aside from the “ick” factor – this scene gives a peek into the connection and affection her parents share: something she longs for. But – there’s more to Cassie’s return than she’s let on. Fired from a prestigious event management company in London ...more
Silke
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it
The Cafe at Sheashell Cove was really a cover love. I saw that gorgeous lovely cover and I wanted to dive straight into the book. After reading the synopsis I was sold completely, who wouldn't want to read about a little cafe with delicious cakes located at the beach. Let’s be honest, that sounds pretty good for a contemporary book right? Such a shame that the book didn't really deliver like I had anticipated.
Let's start off with my main point of irritation. The main character Cassie, she is pro
Cynthia
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.I settled right into this delightful story of an event planner , Cassie , who finds herself at a crossroads in life and has to return home to her parents house because she has lost her job. When Cassie returns home she finds a few changes and is horrified to discover that her parents cannot keep their hands off each other! I had to laugh out loud ...more
Krystal
Sep 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Chick Lit at its finest. It passed the time fine and was just what I needed after reading two heavy disturbing reads. Its about successful event planner finds herself in her childhood seaside town after some work turmoil. As is the nature of Chick Lit there is a cute love story that emerges too.

Nothing groundbreaking and no big twists but it's a quick easy read if you're looking for something light and fluffy to pass the time.
Sana Zameer
I'm already familiar with Karen Clarke's easy writing style in her Beachside Bay Trilogy. This one has such a gorgeous cover but the book itself was a huge disappointment. The main character Cassie Maitland is one of the most annoying, judgmental and useless character I've ever read. The girl can't do anything right! And she thinks she knows the best about everything. I liked Danny and felt sorry that the author paired him with such a dislikable character.
Rhonda
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun light read

Karen Clark did a great job of setting the tone of the book giving the reader a taste of Devon and an assortment of the people who lived there.
Cassie is flawed in a lot of her thinking and it was satisfying to see her grow and realize who she was and what she wanted in life. It takes Cassie to appreciate Danny and I was happy when their relationship got better.
I received an advance reader copy from Netgalley.

« previous 1 3 next »

• Summer at the Castle Cafe (Castle Cove #1)
  • Snowy Nights at the Lonely Hearts Hotel
  • Evie's Year of Taking Chances
  • Ten Birthdays
  • For Once in My Life: An absolutely perfect laugh out loud romantic comedy
  • The Cosy Christmas Chocolate Shop
  • My Very Italian Holiday
  • Breaking the Rules (The Cornish Village School #1)
  • Love, Lies and Wedding Cake
  • Confessions of a Fashionista
  • Cruel Fate
  • Spring at Blueberry Bay (Hope Island #1)
  • The Bless Me, Father Series: Bless Me, Father; A Father Before Christmas; Father in a Fix; Bless Me Again, Father; and Father Under Fire
  • Like Bees to Honey
  • La collega tatuata
  • Sleighed (Severton Search & Rescue, #1)
  • Jane Austen (Pequeña & GRANDE, #11)
  • Escape to the Country
I live in Buckinghamshire with my husband and three grown-up children where I write romantic comedy novels published by Bookouture.

Over the years I've been a secretary/bookkeeper, a wedding photographer, a pub manager, I've worked in a supermarket, a newsagent's, and as a librarian - all good for story ideas.

I now write full-time, and when I'm not writing I read a lot, enjoy walking - which is go

Seashell Cove (3 books)
  • The Bakery at Seashell Cove (Seashell Cove #2)
  • The Christmas Cafe at Seashell Cove